426 State Street
Schenectady, NY 12305Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aperitivobistro.com/
- Phone: 5185793371
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Courtney Withey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: In addition to the main dining room, there is a private event room for up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Katie Boughton 5185793371
A word from Aperitivo Bistro
Piattini comes to downtown Schenectady. Italian for "small plates", Aperitivo Bistro serves the ultimate Piattini selections - from the traditional fried calamari to stuffed artichoke hearts and sushi. Other selections include specialty pizzas, fabulous pasta dishes and larger plate selections called “Piatti”. Piattini are meant to be shared along with a glass of wine or cup of espresso. The decor is chic metropolitan, with exposed brick and creative use of metals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Aperitivo Bistro - Best Restaurants in Schenectady ›
Aperitivo Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (32)special occasion (31)good for groups (20)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (16)notable wine list (15)late-night find (12)romantic (12)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Never disappointspaf57Dined on 9/26/2014Good as always. We never hesitate to bring friends to Aperitivo. We were running late and trying to get to a show at Proctor's on time. Our waiter was great and made sure that we had our food in plenty of time so that we didn't have to rush. Menu was interesting and food very good, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restuarantAwesomeDined on 9/23/2014Favorite restaurant in Schenectady area. Always visit and take clients for lunch or dinner. Love the loft feeling inside the restaurant. The food presentation is artistry at work. The taste the best! Kudos to the chef. The menu has something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 677PVIPDined on 9/23/2014We were very happy with the food and the friendly, professional service we received. Thank you, we had a great time.Special Features:
- Love the placeFoodfanVIPDined on 9/20/2014We like the majority of the Mazzone locations, not real fond of Tavalo (old bar area; kinda scary), but I have to say this location our favorite. The staff Pete and Matt; excellent. Not sure why we can never get a window seat when we go there, but I will work on that. The food is outstanding. The location, right down from the movies or Proctors makes it a great dinner and a movie spot. We dine there probably once per week. The prices are reasonable. Keep it up folks!Special Features:
- First time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014went to dinner on a Friday night. Since we were coming from out of town we relied on yelp reviews and other sources for comments. Most seemed positive so we booked a table. Seems that was not necessary when we arrived the floor was less than half full and that was at 7:30. Bar area was noisy so we asked to go to another area that wasn't as loud. Menu is ok however no specials on a Friday night was odd. Seems that the function that had booked the place took precedent.Special Features:
- Food and service are excellentMermaidDined on 9/19/2014I had the crispy brick chicken wow!!! Talk about next level comfort food... Absolutely addictingSpecial Features:
- 677PVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had a great lunch there. Nice menu, everything was delicious. Got to sit by the window and enjoy the activity ging on outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBlondieDined on 9/16/2014Met a couple of girlfriends there on a weeknight and really enjoyed the food and drinks and of course the company. Server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzanneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Schenectady. Consistently good food, warm and attentive service that is never intrusive. Great cocktails that are made with care.Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Good meal, nice place. Owner very helpful as I ordered flowers to be on the table for our anniversary. The florist (Gallo) just never delivered. Kind of ruined the night for me but zero fault of the restaurant. The owner made calls to open table and the flower company...he didn't have to do that as it was not his fault. I was impressed with how responsive he and his staff were. We will be back....Special Features:
- Great lunch menuD1672Dined on 9/3/2014Aperitivo Bistro is a wonderful choice for lunch in Schenectady. The menu selections are varied and the fresh ingredients make quite a difference in the quality compared to the usual lunch restaurant fare. My husband had a delicious and generous lobster roll while I had a roast tomato soup that was perfectly seasoned with oregano and garlic. At lunch time the noise level is quiet to moderate which we prefer to the lively evening crowd at Aperitivo. Don't miss this gem for lunch.Special Features:
- ExcellentKSM03Dined on 8/30/2014We have been here several times and have never been disappointed. The food is consistently delicious and would recommend it highly to anyone.Special Features:
- On a college tourtennisfuzzDined on 8/26/2014Booked this restaurant in close proximity to the school we were visiting the next day and our hotel. There were several places to eat in the near vicinity and at night the town looked very inviting. We were one of 5 tables in a very large space. We were seated right in the middle of the empty section. The brushetta was not really good at all because of the bread. It tasted like it was purchased at a pedestrian grocery store. Nothing special or bad about the meal. The tiramisu for dessert was pretty bad.
- bunnyDined on 8/21/2014We have been to Aperitivo several times before and were hesitant this time. We have not had the best service there and this time was no exception. The timeliness of the arrival of our courses was quite slow. This has been our complaint in the past. My entree was wrong and it took some time for anyone to come over and say they were sorry and how long it would take to make my entree-the person delivering it just looked surprised. My dessert was also not quite what I ordered but I never said anything as I just wanted to eat and leave. I hope some time to have good service there as the food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 677PVIPDined on 8/12/2014This was our first time back in quite a while, as we don't get downtown very often. We enjoyed our dinner, the wine was great. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant group 'rocks'FoodfanVIPDined on 8/8/2014We discovered this location as we had tickets to proctors. Great location, great food;as usual with this restaurant group.Special Features:
- Up to ParConnieDined on 8/8/2014We have never been disappointed. Food is always good. Some interesting combinations of food. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeSparkyDined on 8/1/2014I have never had a bad meal. Always friendly and attentive service. Highly recommend Appertivo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccomodatingBusinessOverLunchDined on 7/31/2014The food was great, the service impeccable, and they graciously allowed our group to sit in an area conducive to conducting our business. They also were accomodating in allowing us to finish our and our business without attempting to rush us out the door. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualsa18wilkDined on 7/26/2014This dining experience exemplifies why Aperitivo is my favorite restaurant in Schenectady. Great service as usual by Tim, he is a fantastic waiter. The food was fantastic.Special Features:
- AngelaMiaDined on 7/26/2014We love the hip atmosphere & unique menu. The food here is outstanding and the service is excellent. Everyone from the hostess, wait staff & chef are very accommodating, making suggestions and recommendations. The 7 Hour Cherry Pepper Pulled Pork is to die for and the balsamic roasted cherry tomatoes are insane. Lots of funky cocktails & an excellent beer/wine selection as well. I could go on & on but instead I'll just go back & back ! Another Angelo Mazzone gem !!Special Features:
- Great Night!!!SooodeliciousDined on 7/8/2014Me and my boyfriend wanted a delicious meal that was not average in ingredients or taste , and we found it at Aperitivo. Great service and delicious food was on the menu that night and we were enjoying the ambience as well. Great place for everything you need for a perfect night.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/26/2014As always our meal was fantastic, with a wonderful and kind server. Thank you.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014We had a very nice time and were able to hold a conversation (important to us).Special Features:
- Aperitivo MagnificoDishDelishDined on 6/8/2014Fantastic service, delicious food, fabulous atmosphere just add good company and voila! It was a perfect dinner and the best food I have eaten in the area in years. The glazed carrots were to die for. I know that sounds funny, but you need to try them. We tried a couple of appetizers. Wow! delish! A much smaller menu selection than other restaurants, however, the chef(s) know their craft. Do not forget the dessert, undoubtedly, high quality and ridiculously palate pleasing crème brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greattommy13vDined on 6/7/2014I've never had a bad experience eating at Aperitivo, from the waite staff to the food it is impeccable.Special Features:
- rickhDined on 6/6/2014Perfect for before a show at Proctor's. Food and service very good, very nice ambience.Special Features:
- Mr.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014Seated in rear dining room. Two large, loud parties were also seated there. Noise level very high. Could not have casual conversation. Will not sit there again.Special Features:
- Great Food Before The Show !!!sassygirlDined on 6/6/2014Very good service and the food was delicious! A great start to our evening before our show !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomDTND49erDined on 6/5/2014Table reserved was superb and all service members were outstanding, consistent with this restaurant's mission.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/5/2014Had a very nice dining experience. Service was great. Waiter was friendly and personable and made dining recommendations which I enjoyed. Food came out fast and fresh. Overall great evening. Would recommend.
- Dine and ShowSpill4917Dined on 6/4/2014Attended Phantom of The Opera on 6/4 and had dinner and drinks before the show. Staff asked if we were attending the show and made sure we would be done before the show started. Did the same thing last December and had a great time and this was the reason we came back and will do so again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 610 reviews are from the Aperitivo Bistro reviews archive.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014Loved the service, the menu, and the atmosphere. Perfect spot for dinner before a show at Proctors. Excellent choices for small plates.Special Features:
- great servicetmbm7926Dined on 6/3/2014We arrived at the restaurant - there were four of us. We all ordered the same cocktail which was advertised as having fresh raspberries in it. When the drinks came to the table, no raspberries! So we asked the waitress if the bartender forgot them. A few minutes later the manager came over and apologized for the missing berries and that they were looking for them. Then another server came to the table with fresh salads for all of us, on the house, since the berries were not available. Classy service!!Special Features:
- First Time Won't Be The Last14alnjanDined on 6/1/2014Following a show a Proctor's Theatre, my wife and I and our friend (who had dined here previously) stopped in for dinner. We immediately fell in love with this property. The atmosphere, service and food were better than anticipated. Being able to order a bunch of small plates and sharing was such a good experience. Our server was very informative and the food kept on coming out. Everyone was happy and full when we left. My wife says it's her new favorite place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a ShowConnieDined on 5/31/2014One of our favorite places to go before shows at Proctor's. Seats close to the front window allow you to appreciate the energy inside and out. The strip steak was extremely tender and the shrimp was combined with a cream corn mixture. Seasonings were well chosen. Salads if not sm/lg plate option are very generous. Knife and Fork Greek Salad was served on a warm pita - nice touch as the cheese melted on top of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Pre-Theater Dining!jj8913Dined on 5/30/2014We visited Aperitivo before going to see Phantom of the Opera at Proctor's Theater. Since the restaurant is only a couple of doors down from Proctor's, it is a great location for anyone going to see a matinee or evening show! The food and service were wonderful (I highly recommend their pizzas), and they are an example of the fun and delicious dining experience Mazzone Hospitality has down pat! It was a tad pricey, and the portions were somewhat on the small side (for the price), but if you're willing to splurge, I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazinggnobleDined on 5/30/2014Great service and amazing food! I have been here many times and am never disappointed!Special Features:
- Perfect for show nightLuvfood2muchDined on 5/30/2014Being right next door to Proctors Theater this is a no brainier for show night. A 6 pm reservation gives you a nice leisurely dinner with plenty of time to get to the show. The staff were all friendly and efficient and aware that most folks were headed to Proctors. The food is a bit pricey but not outrageous and very tasty. Don't miss the calimari!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notch!hungryman21Dined on 5/29/2014My wife and I eat out often and have been to Apertivo before but our last visit was exceptional. We dined before a show a Proctors and it was busy but our food was timed perfectly allowing us to relax and enjoy. Tim was our server and he was spot on. Excellent food, great service and atmosphere...highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.