426 State Street
Schenectady, NY 12305Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aperitivobistro.com/
- Phone: (518) 579-3371
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Courtney Withey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: In addition to the main dining room, there is a private event room for up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Katie Boughton 5185793371
A word from Aperitivo Bistro
Piattini comes to downtown Schenectady. Italian for "small plates", Aperitivo Bistro serves the ultimate Piattini selections - from the traditional fried calamari to stuffed artichoke hearts and sushi. Other selections include specialty pizzas, fabulous pasta dishes and larger plate selections called “Piatti”. Piattini are meant to be shared along with a glass of wine or cup of espresso. The decor is chic metropolitan, with exposed brick and creative use of metals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Aperitivo Bistro - Best Restaurants in Schenectady ›
Aperitivo Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (68)special occasion (54)neighborhood gem (52)good for groups (34)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (31)romantic (26)great for lunch (25)notable wine list (25)late-night find (21)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- hungrymanHungrymanDined on 11/16/2014service and food were great.got out in plenty of time to take in the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMaryDined on 11/16/2014My husband and I went for date night before the show, the food was excellent and the drinks were superior! We had such a good time that we already have another date night scheduled going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!ShanDined on 11/15/2014Food was fantastic. Don't be fooled the selections varied and portions were perfect size. Service and ambiance were great and perfect location next to Proctor's. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeluv2dineDined on 11/6/2014Food was excellent ... Waiter was friendly.... Fast service....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!tapas4twoDined on 10/30/2014We had a great time. The food was fantastic. We ordered five different items to share and were truly impressed. The spinach & goat cheese pizza was a highlight and the whipped feta & honey jar was fabulous. I've been there before when going to a show at Proctor's but my two friends were new to the experience. Let's just say they were impressed and will be back. One hint - you'll want to make a reservation on show nights.Special Features:
- LOVE Aperitivo.DateNightDelightDined on 10/30/2014We LOVE Aperitivo. It is our go-to place for an evening out. The food and ambiance are second to none. It is a real gem in downtown Schenectady.Special Features:
- AperitivocrusaderabbitDined on 10/30/2014This excellent restaurant, is two doors from Proctors, with several seating rooms, all very nicely decorated. We were in the front of the bar, with a nice table for two. The venue has a true dowtown city feel, but more importantly, the food was interesting and delicious. The service was also excellent. This was our first visit, and we will very definetely return, particularly when we are headed to Proctors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Entertain ColleaguesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014I had several co-workers in town and wanted to showcase some of the amazing food available in the Schenectady area. Apertivo far surpassed all of our expectations with the quality of the food, friendliness of the service and overall price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurewspollackDined on 10/24/2014I've been frequenting this establishment for about 3years. I've never had a bad meal nor a mediocre one. I've tried about half the items on the menu and all have been fabulous. Never disappointed.Special Features:
- Family DinnerFirenzeTedDined on 10/24/2014It was a very busy evening in town, we went on the early side prior to an event. The tables were not too tightly spaced, and the service was very good. Overall the food was excellent with interesting choices of ingredients and good execution. The only error was too much garlic on a signature pasta, they did mention it was spicy, but it was too much. All the pasta's were of good quality and the other sauces were very good. We lived in Italy for more than a few years, we know. Desert was delicious and very easy to share large portions. A very good choice and we would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local diningRAR1Dined on 10/20/2014Glad to find a place open on Mondays as most of the top rated places are closed. Just a few steps away from the Hampton hotel and the Proctor theater. Two of us enjoyed main courses there--the short rib was excellent and we left nothing on the plate. The pasta with heirloom tomatoes and garlic and cheese was as expected--delicious, and far more than I could eat. Wine list was appropriate and my sauv blanc was fine. Saved a bit more room for the caramel pudding dessert that topped off a great dinner. Odessa, our waitress was patient as she explained certain menu items to us, as this was our one-time visit to town. Setting is casual, lots of exposed brick and interesting framed wall pictures.Special Features:
- sully2323Dined on 10/16/2014Another nice lunch before the show at Proctors. Service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and atmosphereNancyDined on 10/16/2014Very good--salad w/ salmon was great. Atmosphere great--just get there early on a Proctor's show day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2014The food was excellent but beware that it is on the pricey side. over $25 for a pasta with not salad included. The service was very good and I would recommend for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-show DinnersharediningDined on 10/14/2014We enjoyed a great pre-show dinner. We had a reservation and we were promptly seated. Nicole our server was friendly, efficient and was able to assist us in our menu choices. We opted for a few small dishes that were delicious and filling. We took advantage of the great wine offerings, and shared a dessert. We had an enjoyable dinner, never feeling rushed. The food arrived quickly, allowing us a leisurely meal. It was an easy stroll into Proctor's to enjoy the show - and to complete a lovely evening!Special Features:
- Pleasant ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/13/2014Quick stop on way home from appointments in Schenectady. Server was exceptional as he manned the phone for upcoming dinner reservations and waited on us for lunch. Certainly will eat here again, and possibly come out for dinner. Prices were reasonable and food was well prepared, ample portion, and tasted great.Special Features:
- The Best!!cheman2608Dined on 10/12/2014Every restaurant in the Mazzone family is great. Every restaurant is different. We enjoyed a really special dinner with friends after the show at Proctors. The food was delightful. The pace and service was perfect. We can't say enough about how much we enjoyed the evening and look forward to the next show so that we can have dinner there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointspaf57Dined on 9/26/2014Good as always. We never hesitate to bring friends to Aperitivo. We were running late and trying to get to a show at Proctor's on time. Our waiter was great and made sure that we had our food in plenty of time so that we didn't have to rush. Menu was interesting and food very good, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restuarantAwesomeDined on 9/23/2014Favorite restaurant in Schenectady area. Always visit and take clients for lunch or dinner. Love the loft feeling inside the restaurant. The food presentation is artistry at work. The taste the best! Kudos to the chef. The menu has something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 677PVIPDined on 9/23/2014We were very happy with the food and the friendly, professional service we received. Thank you, we had a great time.Special Features:
- Love the placeFoodfanVIPDined on 9/20/2014We like the majority of the Mazzone locations, not real fond of Tavalo (old bar area; kinda scary), but I have to say this location our favorite. The staff Pete and Matt; excellent. Not sure why we can never get a window seat when we go there, but I will work on that. The food is outstanding. The location, right down from the movies or Proctors makes it a great dinner and a movie spot. We dine there probably once per week. The prices are reasonable. Keep it up folks!Special Features:
- First time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014went to dinner on a Friday night. Since we were coming from out of town we relied on yelp reviews and other sources for comments. Most seemed positive so we booked a table. Seems that was not necessary when we arrived the floor was less than half full and that was at 7:30. Bar area was noisy so we asked to go to another area that wasn't as loud. Menu is ok however no specials on a Friday night was odd. Seems that the function that had booked the place took precedent.Special Features:
- Food and service are excellentMermaidDined on 9/19/2014I had the crispy brick chicken wow!!! Talk about next level comfort food... Absolutely addictingSpecial Features:
- 677PVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had a great lunch there. Nice menu, everything was delicious. Got to sit by the window and enjoy the activity ging on outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBlondieDined on 9/16/2014Met a couple of girlfriends there on a weeknight and really enjoyed the food and drinks and of course the company. Server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzanneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Schenectady. Consistently good food, warm and attentive service that is never intrusive. Great cocktails that are made with care.Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Good meal, nice place. Owner very helpful as I ordered flowers to be on the table for our anniversary. The florist (Gallo) just never delivered. Kind of ruined the night for me but zero fault of the restaurant. The owner made calls to open table and the flower company...he didn't have to do that as it was not his fault. I was impressed with how responsive he and his staff were. We will be back....Special Features:
- Great lunch menuD1672Dined on 9/3/2014Aperitivo Bistro is a wonderful choice for lunch in Schenectady. The menu selections are varied and the fresh ingredients make quite a difference in the quality compared to the usual lunch restaurant fare. My husband had a delicious and generous lobster roll while I had a roast tomato soup that was perfectly seasoned with oregano and garlic. At lunch time the noise level is quiet to moderate which we prefer to the lively evening crowd at Aperitivo. Don't miss this gem for lunch.Special Features:
- ExcellentKSM03Dined on 8/30/2014We have been here several times and have never been disappointed. The food is consistently delicious and would recommend it highly to anyone.Special Features:
- On a college tourtennisfuzzDined on 8/26/2014Booked this restaurant in close proximity to the school we were visiting the next day and our hotel. There were several places to eat in the near vicinity and at night the town looked very inviting. We were one of 5 tables in a very large space. We were seated right in the middle of the empty section. The brushetta was not really good at all because of the bread. It tasted like it was purchased at a pedestrian grocery store. Nothing special or bad about the meal. The tiramisu for dessert was pretty bad.
- bunnyDined on 8/21/2014We have been to Aperitivo several times before and were hesitant this time. We have not had the best service there and this time was no exception. The timeliness of the arrival of our courses was quite slow. This has been our complaint in the past. My entree was wrong and it took some time for anyone to come over and say they were sorry and how long it would take to make my entree-the person delivering it just looked surprised. My dessert was also not quite what I ordered but I never said anything as I just wanted to eat and leave. I hope some time to have good service there as the food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 677PVIPDined on 8/12/2014This was our first time back in quite a while, as we don't get downtown very often. We enjoyed our dinner, the wine was great. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant group 'rocks'FoodfanVIPDined on 8/8/2014We discovered this location as we had tickets to proctors. Great location, great food;as usual with this restaurant group.Special Features:
- Up to ParConnieDined on 8/8/2014We have never been disappointed. Food is always good. Some interesting combinations of food. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeSparkyDined on 8/1/2014I have never had a bad meal. Always friendly and attentive service. Highly recommend Appertivo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccomodatingBusinessOverLunchDined on 7/31/2014The food was great, the service impeccable, and they graciously allowed our group to sit in an area conducive to conducting our business. They also were accomodating in allowing us to finish our and our business without attempting to rush us out the door. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 624 reviews are from the Aperitivo Bistro reviews archive.
- Great as usualsa18wilkDined on 7/26/2014This dining experience exemplifies why Aperitivo is my favorite restaurant in Schenectady. Great service as usual by Tim, he is a fantastic waiter. The food was fantastic.Special Features:
- AngelaMiaDined on 7/26/2014We love the hip atmosphere & unique menu. The food here is outstanding and the service is excellent. Everyone from the hostess, wait staff & chef are very accommodating, making suggestions and recommendations. The 7 Hour Cherry Pepper Pulled Pork is to die for and the balsamic roasted cherry tomatoes are insane. Lots of funky cocktails & an excellent beer/wine selection as well. I could go on & on but instead I'll just go back & back ! Another Angelo Mazzone gem !!Special Features:
- Great Night!!!SooodeliciousDined on 7/8/2014Me and my boyfriend wanted a delicious meal that was not average in ingredients or taste , and we found it at Aperitivo. Great service and delicious food was on the menu that night and we were enjoying the ambience as well. Great place for everything you need for a perfect night.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/26/2014As always our meal was fantastic, with a wonderful and kind server. Thank you.Special Features: