426 State Street
Schenectady, NY 12305Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aperitivobistro.com/
- Phone: 5185793371
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Courtney Withey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: In addition to the main dining room, there is a private event room for up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Katie Boughton 5185793371
A word from Aperitivo Bistro
Piattini comes to downtown Schenectady. Italian for "small plates", Aperitivo Bistro serves the ultimate Piattini selections - from the traditional fried calamari to stuffed artichoke hearts and sushi. Other selections include specialty pizzas, fabulous pasta dishes and larger plate selections called “Piatti”. Piattini are meant to be shared along with a glass of wine or cup of espresso. The decor is chic metropolitan, with exposed brick and creative use of metals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Aperitivo Bistro - Best Restaurants in Schenectady ›
Aperitivo Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)special occasion (38)neighborhood gem (35)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (26)good for groups (25)romantic (18)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (17)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- bunnyDined on 8/21/2014We have been to Aperitivo several times before and were hesitant this time. We have not had the best service there and this time was no exception. The timeliness of the arrival of our courses was quite slow. This has been our complaint in the past. My entree was wrong and it took some time for anyone to come over and say they were sorry and how long it would take to make my entree-the person delivering it just looked surprised. My dessert was also not quite what I ordered but I never said anything as I just wanted to eat and leave. I hope some time to have good service there as the food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 677PVIPDined on 8/12/2014This was our first time back in quite a while, as we don't get downtown very often. We enjoyed our dinner, the wine was great. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant group 'rocks'FoodfanVIPDined on 8/8/2014We discovered this location as we had tickets to proctors. Great location, great food;as usual with this restaurant group.Special Features:
- Up to ParConnieDined on 8/8/2014We have never been disappointed. Food is always good. Some interesting combinations of food. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeSparkyDined on 8/1/2014I have never had a bad meal. Always friendly and attentive service. Highly recommend Appertivo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccomodatingBusinessOverLunchDined on 7/31/2014The food was great, the service impeccable, and they graciously allowed our group to sit in an area conducive to conducting our business. They also were accomodating in allowing us to finish our and our business without attempting to rush us out the door. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualsa18wilkDined on 7/26/2014This dining experience exemplifies why Aperitivo is my favorite restaurant in Schenectady. Great service as usual by Tim, he is a fantastic waiter. The food was fantastic.Special Features:
- AngelaMiaDined on 7/26/2014We love the hip atmosphere & unique menu. The food here is outstanding and the service is excellent. Everyone from the hostess, wait staff & chef are very accommodating, making suggestions and recommendations. The 7 Hour Cherry Pepper Pulled Pork is to die for and the balsamic roasted cherry tomatoes are insane. Lots of funky cocktails & an excellent beer/wine selection as well. I could go on & on but instead I'll just go back & back ! Another Angelo Mazzone gem !!Special Features:
- Great Night!!!SooodeliciousDined on 7/8/2014Me and my boyfriend wanted a delicious meal that was not average in ingredients or taste , and we found it at Aperitivo. Great service and delicious food was on the menu that night and we were enjoying the ambience as well. Great place for everything you need for a perfect night.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/26/2014As always our meal was fantastic, with a wonderful and kind server. Thank you.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014We had a very nice time and were able to hold a conversation (important to us).Special Features:
- Aperitivo MagnificoDishDelishDined on 6/8/2014Fantastic service, delicious food, fabulous atmosphere just add good company and voila! It was a perfect dinner and the best food I have eaten in the area in years. The glazed carrots were to die for. I know that sounds funny, but you need to try them. We tried a couple of appetizers. Wow! delish! A much smaller menu selection than other restaurants, however, the chef(s) know their craft. Do not forget the dessert, undoubtedly, high quality and ridiculously palate pleasing crème brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greattommy13vDined on 6/7/2014I've never had a bad experience eating at Aperitivo, from the waite staff to the food it is impeccable.Special Features:
- rickhDined on 6/6/2014Perfect for before a show at Proctor's. Food and service very good, very nice ambience.Special Features:
- Mr.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014Seated in rear dining room. Two large, loud parties were also seated there. Noise level very high. Could not have casual conversation. Will not sit there again.Special Features:
- Great Food Before The Show !!!sassygirlDined on 6/6/2014Very good service and the food was delicious! A great start to our evening before our show !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomDTND49erDined on 6/5/2014Table reserved was superb and all service members were outstanding, consistent with this restaurant's mission.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/5/2014Had a very nice dining experience. Service was great. Waiter was friendly and personable and made dining recommendations which I enjoyed. Food came out fast and fresh. Overall great evening. Would recommend.
- Dine and ShowSpill4917Dined on 6/4/2014Attended Phantom of The Opera on 6/4 and had dinner and drinks before the show. Staff asked if we were attending the show and made sure we would be done before the show started. Did the same thing last December and had a great time and this was the reason we came back and will do so again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014Loved the service, the menu, and the atmosphere. Perfect spot for dinner before a show at Proctors. Excellent choices for small plates.Special Features:
- great servicetmbm7926Dined on 6/3/2014We arrived at the restaurant - there were four of us. We all ordered the same cocktail which was advertised as having fresh raspberries in it. When the drinks came to the table, no raspberries! So we asked the waitress if the bartender forgot them. A few minutes later the manager came over and apologized for the missing berries and that they were looking for them. Then another server came to the table with fresh salads for all of us, on the house, since the berries were not available. Classy service!!Special Features:
- First Time Won't Be The Last14alnjanDined on 6/1/2014Following a show a Proctor's Theatre, my wife and I and our friend (who had dined here previously) stopped in for dinner. We immediately fell in love with this property. The atmosphere, service and food were better than anticipated. Being able to order a bunch of small plates and sharing was such a good experience. Our server was very informative and the food kept on coming out. Everyone was happy and full when we left. My wife says it's her new favorite place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a ShowConnieDined on 5/31/2014One of our favorite places to go before shows at Proctor's. Seats close to the front window allow you to appreciate the energy inside and out. The strip steak was extremely tender and the shrimp was combined with a cream corn mixture. Seasonings were well chosen. Salads if not sm/lg plate option are very generous. Knife and Fork Greek Salad was served on a warm pita - nice touch as the cheese melted on top of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Pre-Theater Dining!jj8913Dined on 5/30/2014We visited Aperitivo before going to see Phantom of the Opera at Proctor's Theater. Since the restaurant is only a couple of doors down from Proctor's, it is a great location for anyone going to see a matinee or evening show! The food and service were wonderful (I highly recommend their pizzas), and they are an example of the fun and delicious dining experience Mazzone Hospitality has down pat! It was a tad pricey, and the portions were somewhat on the small side (for the price), but if you're willing to splurge, I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazinggnobleDined on 5/30/2014Great service and amazing food! I have been here many times and am never disappointed!Special Features:
- Perfect for show nightLuvfood2muchDined on 5/30/2014Being right next door to Proctors Theater this is a no brainier for show night. A 6 pm reservation gives you a nice leisurely dinner with plenty of time to get to the show. The staff were all friendly and efficient and aware that most folks were headed to Proctors. The food is a bit pricey but not outrageous and very tasty. Don't miss the calimari!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notch!hungryman21Dined on 5/29/2014My wife and I eat out often and have been to Apertivo before but our last visit was exceptional. We dined before a show a Proctors and it was busy but our food was timed perfectly allowing us to relax and enjoy. Tim was our server and he was spot on. Excellent food, great service and atmosphere...highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Appetizer named crispy scallion and artichoke salad, was actually deep fried artichokes. We expected a salad garnished with crispy scallions not a plate of breaded deep fried artichokes. Was also rather salty. All of our other dishes; pizza, steak and lobster roll, and coconut cream pie, were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free optionsNb010Dined on 5/29/2014Great menu with good options for wheat/gluten free selections. I had the Brick Chicken, outstanding!Special Features:
- Lunch before ProctorsGumboDined on 5/29/2014This is an excellent place to have lunch before a matinee Broadway show at Proctors (reservation suggested). This is the second time we have done this and it works out great. The first thing is you are in town early and the parking garage is not a problem. We both had the lobster grilled cheese sandwich. I must admit there wasn't an over abundance of lobster meat, but what there was in combination with the cheeses made for a tasty sandwich and their macaroni salad is outstanding. We leave satisfied but not overly full which is a good feeling when you have to sit through a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great dinner expeirenceLoveToEatDined on 5/21/2014The wife and i tried Aperitivo for our 20th wedding anniversary and we had a fantastic time. The food was delicious. The service was fantastic. We will certainly be going back. Since it was our first time the chef sent a delicious complimentary feta cheese dip and chips. And when the server ( Odessa )learned it was our 20th anniversary she brought out our salty caramel puddings with a candle in them, the wife and i were very impressed all around. As i said the food and service was fantastic. And before we left the manager came over to wish us happy anniversary. Kudos to the whole staff.Special Features:
- Great Discoverypolishedpalate2Dined on 5/10/2014We were looking to make our evening out a special occasion with dinner and a show. After searching for a restaurant within walking distance of Proctors we found Aperitivo Bistro and made reservations on line. It turned out to be the perfect place for our pre-show dinner. We chose the calamari appetizer which to our delight was both delicious and a generous enough portion for sharing. We had the Steak and Lobster Tempura roll and the Spinach and goat cheese pizza which we shared for entrees. All wonderful! The very best treat of the night however was the salted caramel pudding! So rich and the perfect blend of sweet and salty, we savored every scrumptious spoonful. A bigger portion and we could not have finished. We'll be back with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesMrMeepsDined on 5/9/2014My friends and I love going here before or after a show. The atmosphere is relaxing and so pleasant. Great pizza options that you won't find anywhere else. The service is always excellent. Good friends, good food, good drinks, good times always!Special Features:
- Great as always!SweetDevilDined on 5/8/2014Awesome food and awesome staff, wonderful end to a fun day at Proctor's!Special Features:
- Great food & ServicejoeiDined on 5/6/2014Everything was perfect Waitress was very nice and efficient Food was excellentSpecial Features:
- Miss Some Missing Items on the MenujaniepeanutDined on 5/6/2014We know menus have to change, but we miss many of the items that are now missing - steamed clams, for one. Baby Lamb Chops for another! We are not spicy food eaters and almost every item had a spice or hotness to it that we found unappealing. There are just so many times you can have Brick Chicken. Caesar was swimming in dressing - far too wet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 593 reviews are from the Aperitivo Bistro reviews archive.
- Lovely bistro, great foodbbj3369VIPDined on 4/27/2014We had a pre-theatre dinner here and it was lovely. Our waiter Tim was very good and helpful...I wanted to change the salad on my main dish (veal parmesan) to roasted asparagus and he arranged that with no problem. He was also helpful in suggesting a wine for us. I had a gorgeous arugula salad first and the veal and asparagus after. Both were outstanding. My husband had the smaller Caesar salad and pasta with Bolognese sauce and he was delighted with both. We ended with fine espresso and I had a chilled limoncello. Start to finish, a lovely prelude to a theatrical evening. We are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeAlbakerDined on 4/27/2014Very good food and service! Great place to eat and a nice environment. This is one of the best restaurants that I have eaten at in a long time. The servers were friendly and efficient. Food is well worth the money too. Great place to go and I will be back!Special Features:
- FabulouswaitronDined on 4/18/2014After some initial neglect beginning our experience, all was well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Date NiteIndulge1234Dined on 4/15/2014On a snowy April night in the northeast we enjoyed a a lovely family night enjoying a wide variety of eclectic foods. We enjoyed foods that we never dined on before and were delicious to the palate and to the human eye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.