Aoyama French Thai & Japanese
319 Franklin Ave.
Wyckoff, NJ 07481Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Aoyama French Thai & Japanese
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aoyamanj.com/
- Phone: 2018479900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Catering: On and off premise catering available
A word from Aoyama French Thai & Japanese
Aoyama French Thai & Japanese is committed to providing remarkable and delicious Chinese and Japanese food that will meet the highest standards of quality, freshness and seasonality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerThai
Aoyama French Thai & Japanese - Best Restaurants in Wyckoff ›
Aoyama French Thai & Japanese reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (29)special occasion (19)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (12)romantic (9)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/25/2014Nice atmosphere Good food Friendly staff Gave us a nice tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum.zia0428Dined on 10/18/2014The food was excellent, the only reason I gave it 3 stars was due to the service. We made reservations and were sat right away, however we weren't assigned a server, the staff was very confused. It also took at least 45 minutes to get our entree, we did not order apps just a meal. I noticed a table that sat about 10 minutes after we did received their apps and entree before we received ours.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantRobertaVIPDined on 10/10/2014We've twice recently because we enjoyed the food so much the first time. The menu has a lot to offer and the sushi was terrific. Also, the waitress was very sweet and attentive. It's great to have another good restaurant close to home. There are so few.Special Features:
- Great FoodFoodie59Dined on 10/10/2014A great byob restaurant, I find the quality and selection of food here to be excellent. Pricing is moderate and not terribly overboard for the quality of the dishes and the service is exceptional. I have never had a bad meal here not have I ever been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai and sushiBigEasyDined on 10/10/2014Enjoyed great sushi and wonderful Thai food in a great setting. If going for sushi, check specials. Godzilla roll awesome.Special Features:
- Great discoveryfoodseekerDined on 10/4/2014We were in the mood for Thai, we normally drive to Morristown to visit Origin (also Thai/French) and decided to give Aoyama a try. It's an upbeat place, moderate noise, but lively. They seated us immediately. Service throughout the night was friendly - not always fast but all staff were pleasant and helpful. We like Origin quite a bit so that was our basis for comparison. I found the selection of Thai dishes slightly better, but unlike Origin there is a full Japanese menu as well. A big plus. The food was flavorful, and prepared perfectly. We had Softshell Crab, Red Curry Duck, and Mussels. They were all good, but the duck was outstanding and the red curry was very spicy with great flavor. This is my new go to Thai restaurant...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve2014VIPDined on 10/2/2014Colleen our server was excellent. Food is simply delicious!Special Features:
- KyleKyleVIPDined on 9/28/2014Great service and great food. Sushi is fantastic.Special Features:
- fantastic foodaverageguyDined on 9/27/2014Everything was great from the "fantastic" appropriately named sushi roll to the fried scallops, - everything was so delicious.Special Features:
- Great Food, Ambience, too packedvasuviusDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant is spacious and well decorated in a classy but comfortable way. I did feel that the could do with fewer tables. The 2 person tables were crammed right next to each other and at times it felt like we were having dinner in a large group at a large table. The service was fantastic - very courteous and prompt without any hovering. The food was very good. We order miso soups, the shrimp satay, the London Winter roll, and a Hong Kong sauteed noodle curry with coconut milk and tofu. The shrimp stay was a bit dry but everything else was fantastic. The size of the roll was huge. The price point is a bit high but the ample food proportion makes up for it if one shares everything family style. And as always, BYOB is a big plusSpecial Features:
- Truly a hidden gem!lovefoodVIPDined on 9/9/2014Food: food was absolutely delicious, presentation was beautiful and sushi was very creative. Service was outstanding, very attentive and professional. It's a hidden gym because once you step inside it's a beautiful restaurant that's located within the strip mall. The place is deceivingly large for its location. Beautifully decorated too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MDontheroadDined on 8/23/2014You can always rely on good fresh food..we are never disappointedSpecial Features:
- GeppettoDined on 8/23/2014First time visit. Seated promptly with a friendly greeting. Waited awhile for the waitress to take order but not uncomfortably long. Food was above average. Served hot with attention to details in presentation. The sushi appy was terrific. The sea bass was done perfectly and very tasty. Our friend had the curried duck which was done to perfection. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- Lovely lunch outsideNickyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great food, excellent service. Good spot for outdoor lunch.Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerTheExplorerVIPDined on 7/25/2014We have never had a bad meal at Aoyama. They have a nice selection of Japanese and Thai food. The grilled squid, scallops, and duck are great favorites. Service is top notch and it is a nice place to come to for couples. We will continue to be customers at this lovely restaurant!Special Features:
- KyleKyleVIPDined on 7/18/2014This place is great. This was our second visit. The fish is very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ADD TO THE LISTMEXMAYADined on 7/18/2014Good neighborhood restaurant. Great food..they got alot going on the menu but very tasty and delicious. It's of the beaten path but I definitely added to my list of restaurants for good eats and good vibes.Special Features:
- Our go-to choiceHotel299Dined on 7/14/2014Aoyama is the place we choose for reliably good fresh food, friendly service and enjoyable atmosphere. It is where I discovered the wonders of sushi, yet there are plenty of choices for the non-sushi crowd as well. I find the hours convenient and, once inside, all thoughts of 'strip mall' vanish.Special Features:
- Thai-Loving It!AChickWithTaste14Dined on 7/5/2014I've been here a few times and every appetizer, dish I've had was outstanding! The dishes are packed with flavor, and for those who enjoy sushi, you'll get your fill. My most recent visit seemed a bit delayed waiting for our server to come to our table.... that was a first.....wasn't crazy busy.... but hopefully that will be the last time. Overall, this place is a gem tucked away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisKyleVIPDined on 7/4/2014Hidden gem. The food was fantastic and the sushi was very fresh. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at AoyamaOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/4/2014Went to dinner Fri. nite at Aoyama. Opted for 3 appetizers instead of appetizer/entree. Tuna dumplings were superb. Combined this with salmon carpaccio & tuna tacos. All dishes were creative & extremely fresh & appropriately portioned. My husband had the foie gras appetizer special which he enjoyed & crispy whole fish which was also expertly prepared. Pleasantly surprising choice of dishes in a local restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 179 reviews are from the Aoyama French Thai & Japanese reviews archive.
- Asian Food At Its BestDGJxVIPDined on 6/25/2014You can mix and match among Thai, Chinese and Japanese food. And it's all good.
- foodiefoodieDined on 6/23/2014the food and ambience at Aoyama is very pleasing. The wait staff is very efficient, knows their products and very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014always a good night out eating at Aoyama - lovely ambience and attentive service.
- Father's Day!DooleyDined on 6/15/2014We had a nice meal here for Father's Day. My husband loves their sushi. One daughter joined him in a sushi roll she said was delicious. This our fourth time here and we will definitely return. The service was great, folks are real nice, and I like the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bunskiDined on 6/9/2014Our dinner was delicious, perfectly served. Aoyama is the perfect place to go for a special dinner. The weekends can get crowded, but our weekday dinner was perfect.Special Features:
- ServiceAtmosphericDined on 6/2/2014Service was impeccable - friendly, attentive and accommodating! Our large group felt welcomed ...and most of us thoroughly enjoyed the food. The ones that didn't - just felt they ordered the wrong dish - such as tempura was not the favorite and some found the California roll lacking... We would definitely visit the restaurant again.Special Features:
- Great HospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2014From the moment we walked into Aoyama, the service was excellent. We were greeted enthusiastically by the hostesses and promptly seated. As we were reviewing the menu, the restaurant manager came over to say hello (and recognized me from a previous visit enough to say "nice to see you again..."). Warmed wipes were delivered along with the tasty, free "pre-appetizer" to kick off our dining experience. The group represented very different tastes/ experiences with Thai/ Japanese food, however, everyone within our group enjoyed the variety of appetizers (curry puffs, peking duck wraps & spring rolls) before our main courses. The food was delicious! We were never rushed and only made to feel welcomed). Great experience!Special Features:
- mother's daynspMDDined on 5/11/2014We were seated right away ! Food and service was excellent. Only con was the crème brulee was not to our taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Thai and JapaneseHungryNuckyDined on 5/11/2014We came to Aoyama for Mother's Day and had a great meal. For 4 of us, we started with 2 sushi roll specials to share as well as the soft shell crab. The fantastic roll was great and everything was very fresh. For dinner I had the green curry from the Thai menu which was perfectly sweet and spicy and came with the best sticky brown rice I've had. My parents both had the miso sea bass over soba and bok choy which was fresh and cooked perfectly. My brother had grilled squid which was tender and tasty and came with (again) this amazing sticky rice that was wrapped in a banana leaf making it almost like a dumpling. The owner is always walking around shaking hands with customers. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MangiaMangiaDined on 5/3/2014I've found the quality of the food was very good as well as the service. The lunch menu has a wide variety of different choices to choose from and the prices are great. They range from $10-14. So I thought I'd give it a shot for dinner. The duck crepe appetizer was tasty but ice cold. It was advertised under hot appetizers. So not to make a stink I just ate it. Same goes for the dinner entre. I ordered the Duck and it also was cold and dry. My wife ate a soft shell crab for her dinner, which was from the house specials of the evening from the appetizer list and it was fried like cardboard. Based on this, we will not be going back for dinner anytime soon. But I would go back for lunch as crazy as that sounds.Special Features:
- TCHOHOKUSweeklydinnerDined on 4/26/2014Great place for dinner, my husband and I just love the food here, we go almost every week. We love the ambiance, the Mangers are really great. If we don't have reservations they try to accommodate us. The Japanese side of the menu and presentation is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great serviceChristineDined on 4/26/2014I've eaten here twice in the past 10 days and have been completely satisfied both times. The first time was with three girlfriends on a weeknight to celebrate a birthday and the second time was with another couple for dinner on a Saturday night. Both times, the food was delicious, plentiful and beautifully presented. Our servers made great recommendations both nights and were very friendly, attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- Excellent as always!TurtleDreamVIPDined on 4/23/2014This has become one of my favorite restaurant to enjoy while in New Jersey. I met a friend that I hadn't seen in quite sometime for dinner. The meal was excellent as well as service. However, I did feel that we were being rushed a bit due to the frequency that our server came by our table. I'll certainly go back but felt a bit rushed...Special Features:
- Terrific Dining ExperienceChristineDined on 4/17/2014Went with a small group of women for a friend's 50th birthday. We had a great time! Food was delicious, service was top-notch, both in their attentiveness and also with recommendations and explanations. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dining plus great menuTheExplorerVIPDined on 4/5/2014The Thai/Japanese menu offers many choices - duck, fish, chicken, ....so much more. The scale of the way the food is prepared is also great to see. We had scallops wrapped in salmon (yummy) and miso black cod that came with bok choy. BYOB if you want to. Tables can be a bit close but the surrounding noise makes is seems like everyone is there for a get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeMikeDined on 4/5/2014Sushi is awesome and fresh and Thai food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French ThaiOscarDined on 4/5/2014What an outstanding restaurant! Great selection of Thai and Japanese foods. I have been there over 20 times and the food has always been 5 stars. It looks like they have recently upgraded their help and you can see and feel the difference. We will always come back!Special Features:
- Service Unnecessarily RushedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/2/2014We like Aoyama for its food, service, and ambiance. The service is usually very good and efficient, but this evening it unfortunately was just too efficient - our entrees came while we were still halfway through our appetizers. Perhaps our waiter was new and inexperienced, or perhaps it was the fault of the kitchen. In any case, what should have been a nice relaxed dinner turned into a rushed affair. And the restaurant was nearly empty. This happened to us once before - soon after they opened. I strongly recommend that diners specifically ask their waiter to delay placing the entree orders to avoid this situation in the future. Or wait to order the entrees when you are almost finished with the starters.I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableCoopernickDined on 3/28/2014We really liked the atmosphere, and the food was very good with the exception of the steak au poive which was tough. But our other entrees and appetizers were very good...great sushi, shrimp,duck. Our waiter was very pleasant but got a few orders mixed up, but was apologetic and remedied it quickly. Overall it was a very enjoyable evening!Special Features: