8700 West 3rd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aocwinebar.com/
- Phone: (310) 859-9859
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
Afternoon menu, 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday, 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm,
Sunday and Monday 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Happy Hour Daily (at the bar & communal): 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Suzanne Goin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact Jessica Goin at Lucques Catering for information. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private space that can seat up to 40 people sit down and 50 guests for a standing reception. We also have a semi-private areas and the restaurant is available for full buy-outs. Please call the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Email email@example.com 310 859 9859x
- Special Events: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
A word from AOC
We've MOVED! Our new address is 8700 W. 3rd Street & George Burns Drive. A.O.C. is a small plates restaurant driven by seasonal ingredients, locally sourced. Our California French cuisine was developed by Chef Suzanne Goin, and has some Mediterranean influences as well. We have 24 wines by the glass and 150 bottles to choose from, curated by Caroline Styne, all of which are either organic, biodynamic or sustainable. And now, featuring a full bar with premium spirits and specialty cocktails. Reservations are encouraged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
AOC reviews from OpenTable diners
306 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (251)fit for foodies (228)special occasion (138)romantic (137)neighborhood gem (134)hot spot (109)notable wine list (99)good for groups (81)great for brunch (81)great for lunch (74)vibrant bar scene (50)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2014Great outdoor setting. However we were cramped in there and I kept on bumping into the guy behind me. Food very good as was service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014A.O.C was great for a big group with brunch. The food was outstanding and my cocktail was great. The outdoor seating was nice. And happy to celebrate my birthday there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience was not all it could beNYCfoodieDined on 11/15/2014First server was nice enough , took our order then disappeared. No one checked back on the us to see if we liked the food or if we needed new drinks. I finally asked the server I saw waiting other tables to send our server over and he asked what we wanted. We explained we wanted another glass of wine and more water to drink. He served us. At the end of the meal I asked where our originally server was and the new server said she had gone home and he took over. There was never any communication of this, disappointing that that wasn't shared. I've waited tables at a high end restaurant so understand that these thins happen but communication would have been nice. I explained to the new server that communication would have been nice. Nothing. I truly felt that the restaurant just really didn't care about us. Eat, take your money and leave. Not what I expected form AOC at all. Too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Everything was great. I ordered the brioche after appetizers and my boyfriend ordered the chicken which they told us takes 25min... We said "no problem!" Unfortunately, I ended up getting my brioche way before my boyfriend so we ended up eating alone... I was finished with my meal before he even got his... Wouldn't they be smart enough to serve our dinner at the same time?! Anyways, other than that the food was great and service friendly. Def still would recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulJoeRVIPDined on 11/14/2014We've wanted to try AOC for years -- and finally made it. Now it'll go into our regular rotation. The patio is delightful -- the heaters kept it livable even on a cool night. Service was friendly and professional. And the food is delicious in a simple, non-pretentious way. We had a cheese and charcuterie platter that was one of the best we've ever had. And the other small plates were just as good. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had to send back the hanger steakJacquelineDined on 11/11/2014Fun and different the first time but disappointing the second one. They don't have enough waiters.Special Features:
- I was so thirsty2dinerzDined on 11/8/2014I've heard good things about the restaurant. Unfortunately, I think the chef who cooked all the delicious food wasn't the one who cooked our dinner. We ordered 5 items. Cauli-flower was rather soggy but it tasted good. The hangar steak, clams and the polenta with mushrooms were all very, very salty. We only ate 1/3 of the polenta and didn't continue eating any of the mushroom because it was just too salty. We were so thirsty for the rest of the night. We told our server. He was probably too busy to care. We enjoyed the restaurant ambiance and space, unfortunately that's enough to make us return customers.Special Features:
- LAfoodluvrDined on 11/8/2014We got a great seat in the outdoor courtyard area-so beautiful & sweet. We loved the cocktails-Quixote, Green Goddess & another one with gin in it-all excellent! We got bacon wrapped dates with parm-best we've had! My husband got the AOC Burger & I got the AOC brioche-we loved both of them, well prepared, fresh...we'd definitely order again. A lot of people around us appeared to be getting the blueberry bread with lemon butter & the chicken and waffles which we'll have to try next time. While our waiter was really nice, the service was pretty slow-it took forever to get our drinks and our bacon wrapped dates didn't arrive until halfway through our entrees-minor stuff, but you'd expect better from this awesome place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happytodineVIPDined on 11/6/2014We loved the restaurant. We sat in front of the fire. We ordered five dishes. Plenty to eat.Special Features:
- DudeVIPDined on 11/4/2014Beautiful space, particularly the patio enclosed by walls. Food is top notch, as you would expect.Special Features:
- AnnabelleDined on 11/4/2014I was fortunate to have a table by the fireplace. AOC continues to be my #1 choice for personal and business entertaining. The noise level is perfect, and allows for communication with guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, disappointing serviceJessVIPDined on 11/3/2014Food was great when it finally arrived, but since half of our meal came about an hour after the other items, we couldn't all eat together and were basically ignored by our server the entire evening. I felt embarrassed that I brought a friend from out of town here given how neglected we were. Not to mention that Suzanne Goin is asking me to pay the healthcare of her employees who don't even care enough of their customers to do their jobs? I don't know, but NOT impressed. I'll think twice before coming here again.Special Features:
- ALH930VIPDined on 11/3/2014Our food was great, but nothing blew us away. The chicken liver toasts were a favorite among the four of us. Maybe my expectations were too high? I would go back here to sit outside for brunch/lunch. Our waitress ignored us for 30+ min, and did not really seem to engage with the table. I prefer Lucques for a nicer dinner with the same price tag.Special Features:
- DeliciousEJonLamVIPDined on 11/2/2014Wow! This place, although a bit pricey, was amazingly delicious! Everything from the chicken and waffles to the steak and eggs. The only downside was the bloody mary which was subpar.Special Features:
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014A truly special restaurant in LA. It's has soul and a comfortable feel that can't be forced. A truly great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AOC is consistently one of LAs bestHeyvaletVIPDined on 10/30/2014One of our favorite restaurants and never disappointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousHarps36VIPDined on 10/30/2014I love it here....food is great...beautiful patio...funSpecial Features:
- a great dinner!alilabelleVIPDined on 10/28/2014i really enjoyed AOC. i took my mom for a girls night and we absolutely loved sitting outside on a warm night. we ordered a starter plate that was delicious and each ordered two small plates, wine, and dessert that were all wonderful! the entire meal took about three hours which was so nice...usually restaurants are rushing to get their diners in and out quickly, but we felt like we were given enough space and time to really enjoy the experience!Special Features:
- Three Words: Bacon Wrapped DateslovestoeatDined on 10/27/2014Had dinner here, kind of later, close to 9:00. Our waiter started off pretty good but disappeared. We ordered 5 items: Bacon Wrapped Dates (so good I was going to order another after the meal if we were still hungry), Black Cod (perfectly cooked, a perfect 3 bites each for two people), Spanish Fried Chicken (pretty good, but there would have been more interesting things to order, basically just fried chicken goujons but tasty), Sweet Potatoes (very filling and pretty tasty, probably 2 whole sweet potatoes in it, probably a good order if you're on a budget), Pink Champagne (can't remember the name but it was pretty tasty). Kind of a long time between dishes, but may have been the time of night and we were chatting so didn't mind.Special Features:
- AOC ia more than ABCemc1147LBCADined on 10/26/2014Three of us came to celebrate 2 birthdays. . . . and we weren't disappointed. The outdoor garden patio is perfect: plenty of greenery & color with warmth from over head heaters and romance from a fireplace. No problem having a normal volume conversation. At first our server was in an unpleasant mood or was 'with attitude'; suddenly we had a new, better and more attentive server. . . .thank you !! Food is fun: small plates, interesting choices of categories and food combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/25/2014had the burger and turkey sandwich for lunch. both were bland. nothing special. fries were outstanding though.Special Features:
- CharmingtrustworthydinerVIPDined on 10/23/2014AOC is delightful -- delicious food, wine and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch was greatlunchfavDined on 10/23/2014Good table outside....good food.....alive but not too nosiy....very friendly staff....quick service.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedLuv2dineDined on 10/22/2014Overrated. Not as good as old location. Below average service
- Great Tapas and vibeLuv2DineDined on 10/20/2014Met clients here for dinner. Noise level was a bit on the high side so hard to hear one of my clients, but she speaks very softly. Food was great as was the service. Lamb tagine was divine! Suggest the bacon wrapped dates too.... delish!Special Features:
- Dinner2ndDineDined on 10/19/2014Fantastic food options. Great selections for wine. Absolutely enjoyed my dinning experience. The best dessert hands down is the butterscotch pudding. Overall great place to go to. My girlfriend loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a perfect place to eat!JrrrDined on 10/19/2014This restaurant has everything right...WE ordered the fresh corn salad and every one of the small plates. Everything that came out the kitchen was absolutely delicious. The wine list offered a large list of excellent wines by the glass and a great range of wines by the bottle. The outdoor patio is twinkly at night and the indoor room alive with the fireplace and deep booths. Love this place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014GREAT food and atmosphere. Outdoor dining was terrific. Wait staff was very accommodating, with great personality.Special Features:
- Good good, great atmospherePickyEaterDined on 10/16/2014Everything was delicious. The vintners cheese plate and fingerling potatoes were excellent as was the halibut. The portions were perfect for sharing. Our party of thee order nine plates. We were too stuffed for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to ExpectationsFoodieScottVIPDined on 10/12/2014My wife and I were excited to try one of the "Top Restaurants in LA" and we left wondering if it should even be in the Top 100. The food wasn't terrible it just wasn't overwhelming. Nothing stood out. We ordered 7 small plates (only received 6 - no cheese - guess the waitress forgot) and everyone of the plates is better somewhere else. Wouldn't recommend this even to my enemies.Special Features:
- Perfect place to spend a SundayLaRubiaVIPDined on 10/12/2014Two glasses of rose + dates wrapped in bacon + a glass of Sancerre + a glass of Bernabeleva blanco + corned beef hash + lamb bacon & chevre foccaccia + a glass of Cote de Jura + a glass of Monbazillac + the cheese plate + a shaded table on the patio = a perfect place to while away a Sunday afternoon with the love of my life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Market-driven small and large plates. Vegetarian friendly. 2 plates/person is more than enough.Special Features:
- Fantastic lunchchungclanVIPDined on 10/10/2014Had a truly special lunch after following LA magazine recommendation to try AOC. Service was attentive. Food was creative and fresh. We especially loved the Vintners lunch and the seared halibut. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doesn't get much better than thispundetteDined on 10/9/2014Great flavors, terrific ambiance and many choices for vegetariansSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAllmouthDined on 10/8/2014Met my girlfriend here for our first real date for lunch. Great food,great service. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Fabulous!meadbaDined on 10/7/2014Food and cocktails were all fabulous! Had the pork loin as a main entree and ordered several sides for the table -- curry cauliflower (yum), soft shell crab, parpadelle (yum). The green goddess cocktail was awesome. The bread pudding was tasty, but didn't knock the socks off. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoriteslawcatDined on 10/7/2014The food is always outstanding, the patio is lovely and the table service is excellent. The real draw here however is the outstanding food. Innovative and unusual pairings, beautiful presentation, exciting taste combinations. Just can't be equaled except at other Suzanna Goin restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service bad foodGillianVIPDined on 10/6/2014How can you go wrong with salads? The Indian salad was salty and tasteless as were the other. Deserts were amazing....redemption.Special Features:
- Delicious and InventiveAliciaDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I dined at AOC on our wedding anniversary last Sunday we had a wonderful time. The food was outstanding and we loved all our choices. Our server gave us great recommendations. Truly yummy and looking forward to dining at AOC again.Special Features:
- Didn't get to dine this time....DawnieDined on 10/2/2014I can not rate this time around because we literally sat and weren't able to get an outside table so we left. I completely understand accommodating reservations but the fact was we were there at 6:15pm and the patio was empty. We were told from the very snobby Aussie hostess that because we made our reservation the day before those tables were for people who made them "months" ago. By the time the woman in charge approached us, I was already dissatisfied with the attitude of the previous staff member. The offered us the table until 7:30pm...nice enough but their hostess staff should learn to be polite in their responses . I would have taken a smile and a friendly response like that the first time around.....