8700 West 3rd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aocwinebar.com/
- Phone: 310 859 9859x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Friday: serving lunch 11:30 am - 3 pm
Afternoon menu from 3 pm
Sunday and Monday 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Tuesday thru Saturday 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
"Cocktail Hour" Daily: 5 pm - 7 pm at the Bar
Saturday / Sunday Brunch 10 am - 3 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Suzanne Goin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact Jessica Goin at Lucques Catering for information. email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private space that can seat up to 40 people sit down and 50 guests for a standing reception. We also have a semi-private areas and the restaurant is available for full buy-outs. Please call the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Email firstname.lastname@example.org 310 859 9859x
- Special Events: Please contact email@example.com for information.
A word from AOC
We've MOVED! Our new address is 8700 W. 3rd Street & George Burns Drive. A.O.C. is a small plates restaurant driven by seasonal ingredients, locally sourced. Our California French cuisine was developed by Chef Suzanne Goin, and has some Mediterranean influences as well. We have 24 wines by the glass and 150 bottles to choose from, curated by Caroline Styne, all of which are either organic, biodynamic or sustainable. And now, featuring a full bar with premium spirits and specialty cocktails. Reservations are encouraged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
AOC reviews from OpenTable diners
346 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (285)fit for foodies (253)special occasion (158)romantic (152)neighborhood gem (144)notable wine list (111)hot spot (105)great for lunch (96)great for brunch (95)good for groups (83)vibrant bar scene (58)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (7)Show More
- a great dinner!alilabelleVIPDined on 10/28/2014i really enjoyed AOC. i took my mom for a girls night and we absolutely loved sitting outside on a warm night. we ordered a starter plate that was delicious and each ordered two small plates, wine, and dessert that were all wonderful! the entire meal took about three hours which was so nice...usually restaurants are rushing to get their diners in and out quickly, but we felt like we were given enough space and time to really enjoy the experience!Special Features:
- AOC ia more than ABCemc1147LBCADined on 10/26/2014Three of us came to celebrate 2 birthdays. . . . and we weren't disappointed. The outdoor garden patio is perfect: plenty of greenery & color with warmth from over head heaters and romance from a fireplace. No problem having a normal volume conversation. At first our server was in an unpleasant mood or was 'with attitude'; suddenly we had a new, better and more attentive server. . . .thank you !! Food is fun: small plates, interesting choices of categories and food combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/25/2014had the burger and turkey sandwich for lunch. both were bland. nothing special. fries were outstanding though.Special Features:
- CharmingtrustworthydinerVIPDined on 10/23/2014AOC is delightful -- delicious food, wine and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch was greatlunchfavDined on 10/23/2014Good table outside....good food.....alive but not too nosiy....very friendly staff....quick service.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2014Overrated. Not as good as old location. Below average service
- Great Tapas and vibeLuv2DineDined on 10/20/2014Met clients here for dinner. Noise level was a bit on the high side so hard to hear one of my clients, but she speaks very softly. Food was great as was the service. Lamb tagine was divine! Suggest the bacon wrapped dates too.... delish!Special Features:
- Dinner2ndDineDined on 10/19/2014Fantastic food options. Great selections for wine. Absolutely enjoyed my dinning experience. The best dessert hands down is the butterscotch pudding. Overall great place to go to. My girlfriend loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a perfect place to eat!JrrrDined on 10/19/2014This restaurant has everything right...WE ordered the fresh corn salad and every one of the small plates. Everything that came out the kitchen was absolutely delicious. The wine list offered a large list of excellent wines by the glass and a great range of wines by the bottle. The outdoor patio is twinkly at night and the indoor room alive with the fireplace and deep booths. Love this place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014GREAT food and atmosphere. Outdoor dining was terrific. Wait staff was very accommodating, with great personality.Special Features:
- Good good, great atmospherePickyEaterDined on 10/16/2014Everything was delicious. The vintners cheese plate and fingerling potatoes were excellent as was the halibut. The portions were perfect for sharing. Our party of thee order nine plates. We were too stuffed for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to ExpectationsFoodieScottVIPDined on 10/12/2014My wife and I were excited to try one of the "Top Restaurants in LA" and we left wondering if it should even be in the Top 100. The food wasn't terrible it just wasn't overwhelming. Nothing stood out. We ordered 7 small plates (only received 6 - no cheese - guess the waitress forgot) and everyone of the plates is better somewhere else. Wouldn't recommend this even to my enemies.Special Features:
- Perfect place to spend a SundayLaRubiaVIPDined on 10/12/2014Two glasses of rose + dates wrapped in bacon + a glass of Sancerre + a glass of Bernabeleva blanco + corned beef hash + lamb bacon & chevre foccaccia + a glass of Cote de Jura + a glass of Monbazillac + the cheese plate + a shaded table on the patio = a perfect place to while away a Sunday afternoon with the love of my life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Market-driven small and large plates. Vegetarian friendly. 2 plates/person is more than enough.Special Features:
- Fantastic lunchchungclanVIPDined on 10/10/2014Had a truly special lunch after following LA magazine recommendation to try AOC. Service was attentive. Food was creative and fresh. We especially loved the Vintners lunch and the seared halibut. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doesn't get much better than thispundetteDined on 10/9/2014Great flavors, terrific ambiance and many choices for vegetariansSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAllmouthDined on 10/8/2014Met my girlfriend here for our first real date for lunch. Great food,great service. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Fabulous!meadbaDined on 10/7/2014Food and cocktails were all fabulous! Had the pork loin as a main entree and ordered several sides for the table -- curry cauliflower (yum), soft shell crab, parpadelle (yum). The green goddess cocktail was awesome. The bread pudding was tasty, but didn't knock the socks off. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoriteslawcatDined on 10/7/2014The food is always outstanding, the patio is lovely and the table service is excellent. The real draw here however is the outstanding food. Innovative and unusual pairings, beautiful presentation, exciting taste combinations. Just can't be equaled except at other Suzanna Goin restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service bad foodGillianVIPDined on 10/6/2014How can you go wrong with salads? The Indian salad was salty and tasteless as were the other. Deserts were amazing....redemption.Special Features:
- Delicious and InventiveAliciaDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I dined at AOC on our wedding anniversary last Sunday we had a wonderful time. The food was outstanding and we loved all our choices. Our server gave us great recommendations. Truly yummy and looking forward to dining at AOC again.Special Features:
- Didn't get to dine this time....DawnieDined on 10/2/2014I can not rate this time around because we literally sat and weren't able to get an outside table so we left. I completely understand accommodating reservations but the fact was we were there at 6:15pm and the patio was empty. We were told from the very snobby Aussie hostess that because we made our reservation the day before those tables were for people who made them "months" ago. By the time the woman in charge approached us, I was already dissatisfied with the attitude of the previous staff member. The offered us the table until 7:30pm...nice enough but their hostess staff should learn to be polite in their responses . I would have taken a smile and a friendly response like that the first time around.....
- 3% employee health benifit addonAlanVIPDined on 9/28/2014Did not like the 3%add on for employees health insurance. This only helps the owner. Some people will deduct the 3% from their tip and then your employee looses.Special Features:
- Thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014(This is intended to be a private note to the restaurant - would not fit in the space provided below) We planned to celebrate our wedding anniversary at a romantic dinner and at the last minute our babysitter cancelled and you graciously accommodated adding our 12 year old. We had a lovely patio table, attentive service, divine food and the wine was perfect. The best surprise for us was that everyone was extra kind to our son and he ended up having what he called "one of the best dinners of his life." He tried foods new to him and loved every bite. Including him made our anniversary celebration even more special! Thank you!Special Features:
- slight letdownlipsmaxinDined on 9/27/2014A group of us dined early evening and got an excellent waiter. The patio is very nice. Wine list was good but pricey. We found the food to be good but both chicken dishes we tried were overcooked. While the other small plates were good we were disappointed that nothing had any "wow" factor. We had expected more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and BadpabloDined on 9/26/2014Let's get one thing straight - Suzanne Goin is one of the best chefs in LA, so this restaurant is notable. High quality food that is prepared well, a great wine selection, and now a really interesting cocktail program are on offer. But Friday night is busy and the waitstaff couldn't keep up. Our server was friendly - when he could serve us. But we had to wait 15 minutes at our table just to get water, 25 minutes to have a pre-dinner cocktail. So if you are in a hurry, you shouldn't come here. Thankfully, our wait was rewarded with very good food for the most part. There was a misfire here and there, but only slightly. I will go back for sure. I can deal with shoddy service as long as they aren't rude.Special Features:
- FoodieInLAVIPDined on 9/26/2014We have been going to AOC for the past three years. We used to love the food at the old location. While the new location is pretty, the food and service has been lacking. I brought my mother, from South Africa, as her first dining experience in LA. I had requested an outside table, this was the only reason I booked at AOC because its a pretty location. They could not accommodate us, instead they placed us in a booth in the corner. We had to request that the air conditioner be turned off as it was blowing cold air only on our table. The waiter was not friendly and the wait staff kept on coming to our table asking if we were done, wanting to clear the plates that still had food on them. The food was average at best, definitely overpriced.
- :-)chris2145Dined on 9/26/2014Celebrated a birthday with friends, on the terrace. It is so gorgeous out there, we shared a few things from the menu,they were all delicious and our waiter was a delight! Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Delicious!KirstenDined on 9/25/2014The food was amazing, as well as the environment, and the staff made it especially great!Special Features:
- MOR1VIPDined on 9/25/2014Amazing find during our trip to LA. Would recommend to anyone looking for great food and delightful patio!Special Features:
- Something Specialnada5zipDined on 9/25/2014My husband & I went to AOC to celebrate our anniversary. We had a delightful meal under the stars & loved every minute of it. The wait staff was great & no one pushed us to hurry through our meal. From appetizer to dessert, dining at AOC was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Space / Service LackingScudderVIPDined on 9/24/2014I can't help but think it was an off day at AOC. Beautiful space as always. Food was good and well-prepared. But the service was very very slow. More than 45 minutes to get our order at lunch and not handled with the aplomb we expected. That said, I went there a few weeks ago and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic brunch menuGaryVIPDined on 9/20/2014The brunch menu was a bit too exotic - have to go back for dinner. Also - if you book your reservation on Open Table, hoping to get a patio table, I suggest calling the restaurant to confirm. They sometimes book the patio for private parties and it's not available.
- better the first timeBadPotatoesDined on 9/20/2014We had a better experience at aoc the first time. We recommended the place to our friends so we all went together this time. The food wasn't as good the second time around. The potatoes in my corn beef hash were super hard...as if they were old and they deep fried it again to mask the taste of old potatoes. They were so hard they were not edible, so I picked them out. And I didn't have much corn beef in my corn beef hash, probably about 2-3 slivers of corn beef. It was good the first time is why I ordered it again. The food there is inconsistent, which makes me cautious to go back. We also got the green goddess again, and the drink tasted different from my friend who ordered it, and from the last time we got it. Good service though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousStephanieDined on 9/20/2014Ali was a wonderful waiter and helped us make some excellent cocktail, charcuterie, and cheese selections. We loved everything. Only bummer was a table of 12 (6 of them 8 year olds) who were a little noisy and disrupted the ambiance but that's not the restaurants fault.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Celebrated 5 months of wedded bliss with my wife last Friday night. Got a nice table on the beautiful outdoor patio. Food was outstanding. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- DisappointedLJH15Dined on 9/18/2014While I had heard about the "healthy living" surcharge, I was appalled to actually see it. As a business owner myself, I believe that it is a much better strategy to include health care costs related to insuring employees in overall charges for food; not as a surcharge. This practice may deter me from visiting again. Food was not as good overall as I have heard. Also, waiter was pushy with regard to number of plates we initially ordered as "not even close to enough food". As it turned out, per his direction, we ordered way too much!Special Features:
- patio beats the foodmangerDined on 9/18/2014small plates, what else, nothing bad, nothing great Beautiful patio indifferent serviceSpecial Features:
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/18/2014I had eaten at the previous location and this was my first time dining at the new-ish location on 3rd. While the food continued to be excellent, I found the location to far outdo the previous one! The outdoor dining was so lovely and really added to the dining experience. Everything we ate was delicious and the service was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2014Every dish we ordered was excellent. All the wines by the glass were exceptionally good.Special Features: