8700 West 3rd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aocwinebar.com/
- Phone: 310 859 9859x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Friday: serving lunch 11:30 am - 3 pm
Afternoon menu from 3 pm
Sunday and Monday 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Tuesday thru Saturday 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
"Cocktail Hour" Daily: 5 pm - 7 pm at the Bar
Saturday / Sunday Brunch 10 am - 3 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Suzanne Goin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call Christy Gersh at the restaurant for information. email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi-private space that can seat up to 40 people. We also have a semi-private areas and the restaurant is available for full buy-outs. Please call Christy Gersh at the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Christy Gersh / email firstname.lastname@example.org 3108599859x
A word from AOC
We've MOVED! Our new address is 8700 W. 3rd Street & George Burns Drive. A.O.C. is a small plates restaurant driven by seasonal ingredients, locally sourced. Our California French cuisine was developed by Chef Suzanne Goin, and has some Mediterranean influences as well. We have 24 wines by the glass and 150 bottles to choose from, curated by Caroline Styne, all of which are either organic, biodynamic or sustainable. And now, featuring a full bar with premium spirits and specialty cocktails. Reservations are encouraged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
AOC reviews from OpenTable diners
436 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (344)fit for foodies (321)special occasion (219)romantic (200)neighborhood gem (163)notable wine list (145)great for brunch (135)hot spot (123)great for lunch (118)good for groups (97)vibrant bar scene (89)late-night find (25)kid-friendly (22)scenic view (12)Show More
- Want to be transportedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Wow, A.O.C. has been at its new location for a year or so, but what a change. This is spectacular. We ate in the patio and felt as if we'd been transported to a restaurant in Italy or France. The setting was romantic and beautiful with open shutters and plants placed perfectly. The food matched the setting. We love the small tapas style plates, so tried several with our friends. The Peach salad was refreshing and interesting - a hit. The Spanish Chicken and Brioche dish were equally unique with mind blowing flavors. Nothing too spicy. All creative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to its reputationTakasdenDined on 8/30/2014The salad which came highly recommended by the waitress was literally bitter. The waitress seemed disinterested. Overall it was disappointing and we came with high expectations.
- GorgeousJessDined on 8/30/2014This place is stunningly beautiful. Sit on the patio if you can. Best to go for wine and cheese, snacks, etc. but brunch was nice too (food wasn't mindblowing). Brunch cocktails were innovative and fresh.Special Features:
- YanaDined on 8/27/2014Amazing patio, so nice and romantic! Our party of 4 really enjoyed their "tapas"-style menu, when you can order about 2 dishes per person and try every dish. The food is really tasty, from salads to meats. Our waiter was friendly and nice, though sometimes dissappeared. Overall, highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA gemkjlllVIPDined on 8/26/2014Never disappoints...my go to for outstanding everything!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent on every aspectSoCalGirlDined on 8/26/2014Superb food, excellent customer service. lovely outdoor dining area - you can't ask for more. Our dining club enjoyed every morsel. The menu had a diverse selection of items so everyone was satisfied. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice placeSkywalker71Dined on 8/24/2014Great food and service. Presentation and plates were also nice. Very friendly owners and staff. I had the Angus burger it was delicious:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably scruptiousRamdarDined on 8/23/2014AOC never disappoints. Everything was unique and delicious. If you haven't been, don't wait.Special Features:
- A.O.C.PickyeaterDined on 8/21/2014We were seated on the patio at a tiny table tucked between many others and away from the very vibrant bar scene in the main dining room. Once we figured out how to order we settled for four tapas and not our waiters recommended five - Four tapas were perfect for us - I especially liked the cucumber mint salad and the clams, not so sure about the soft shelled crab. Our desert, the bread pudding came with a lit candle which allowed me to sing a private happy birthday to my hubby. All in all a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not amazingLoneWolf02Dined on 8/21/2014Decent food, very heavy dishes. ingredients were fresh....but not wowed by anything, just ok. 2nd time here.Special Features:
- Ladies Who LunchaltagalDined on 8/21/2014Our servers were totally in tune with of our group of 6 ladies. They were polite and responded quickly and happily to all our requests including for a quiet, round table. We shared the Indian Chicken salad as a starter - enough for 6 to have a small serving. It was so delicious that we all said we'd return and have it for the main course. We shared various paninis and paninolas (?), all very tasty. The coffees were very good, but the best was the butterscotch pudding desert, just like our Mom's made years ago. We weren't rushed through our meal, even though the restaurant was very busy. We actually had to ask for the check, a pleasant change from most restaurants these days.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2014AOC is always great. Beautiful structure, marvelous garden seating area, wonderful service and outstanding food. Magical black kale, delicious grilled peach salad, yummy fried chicken, fantastic duck cassoulet. And - butterscotch pot de creme extraordinaire!! It was a beautiful evening. Thank you!Special Features:
- Favorite new spot!ab120VIPDined on 8/17/2014I've heard a lot of great things about AOC so I went to check out the hype. It was fantastic! One of the best meals I've had in a while. The setting, the service and the food were all incredible. I'm still dreaming about the peach salad, fried chicken and clams.Special Features:
- Perfect Brunch!KillerPandaVIPDined on 8/17/2014Best brunch in LA. Amazing chicken and waffles. Brioche was perfect. Great food. Great atmosphere. Great service. Great price points. Absolutly perfect!Special Features:
- Great Lunch, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014I had a superb meal of baked eggs w/ canellini beans, and vanilla french toast with meyer lemons, both of which were incredibly unique to AOC and incredibly delicious. I also had a very sweet server,Special Features:
- great new locationGraceDined on 8/16/2014such a great little spot! love this bright, airy location. never went to the old location but i heard it was much darker before. i love the new spot!Special Features:
- barbydollVIPDined on 8/15/2014food is delicious small plates..Be careful not to over orderSpecial Features:
- Love AOCAllieinLAVIPDined on 8/15/2014AOC is one of my "go-to" places in Beverly Hills. Great wines, delicious food, spacious bar, beautiful outdoor terrace. This place is a real find.Special Features:
- LAXPDXDined on 8/14/2014Great food and service. Who can complain about a bottle of cold rose and a plate of roast chicken at an outdoor table on a beautiful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique lunch fareoutnaboutVIPDined on 8/13/2014Friends visiting from the East Coast wanted to go to an LA Triple D restaurant. A.O.C. was listed with unique bites and best ever categories. In no way did A.O.C. disappoint. We dined on the patio and it was pleasant with little restaurant noise but just a bit of street noise. Our entries included the Flaked Albacore and the Soft Shell Crab. Both were prepared with a distinctive but not overwhelming blend of flavors. For dessert we had very inventive and flavorful sweet treats. We ordered a creme fraiche sponge type cake with fruit and pistachios and a frozen cake with raspberry and apricot frozen layers. Both were very balanced in fruit flavors and sweetness--a delight. Service was attentive and well informed.Special Features:
- What happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/10/2014My husband and I have been to A.O.C. many, many times, and we recently took some of our best friends for dinner there. We each ordered a different entrée and several appetizers to share. I ordered the roast chicken platter, my favorite dish. I have ordered this same dish probably a half dozen times before. We were told that the chicken and one other entree would take about a half hour to prepare. Well, all of the entrees were brought at the same time, except mine. Everyone sat there politely waiting for my entrée to arrive, but after about 10 minutes, I finally told my guests to please start eating. I sat and waited, but by the time my chicken finally arrived, everyone was completely finished. This was infuriating and embarrassing.Special Features:
- They really do it rightMBFoodDined on 8/10/2014Every dish was interesting and prepared well. A real go-to place for exceptional food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousWeheartMorimotoVIPDined on 8/10/2014Overall this place is great. We frequently done at AOC. Brunch was delicious but the service was off. Right off the top they offered us blueberry bread which we ordered but it never came. Then after a good 30 minutes, all our food came at once including salads and main courses AND the blueberry bread! All the food at AOC is amazing but it seemed that they were understaffed. Will still go back- just hope they have better service next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor perfection!foodjoyVIPDined on 8/9/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants for an outdoor evening. The food is really delicious and the ambience is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9:30 Friday DinnerFootsieDined on 8/8/2014We sat on the patio next to the fireplace, swooningly romantic. It was late, we weren't that hungry, so we ordered all small plates, the corn, avocado and rajas salad, a soft shell crab with fried green tomato and green Romesco, and debated whether we should have the duck cassoulet with fresh shell beans or pappardelle with chanterelles. . . The waitress talked us into the cassoulet, which was lovely, with duck confit and house made duck sausage and much lighter than the usual. A glass of luminous Provençal rose put me over the top. All I can say is Suzanne Goin STILL has it going on-- her food is comforting and familiar without being boring; sophisticated, rustic, robust and delicate all at once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerConDarDined on 8/8/2014We had a great night at AOC. We were a group of four and half way through the dinner we wanted to change tables since we were getting a little cold sitting outside- although the restaurant was fully booked they managed to get us another table. Concerning the food: AMAZING! Great taste, sort of tapas style for everybody to share, good sized portions!!Nice variety of dishes: farmers plate, veggies, steak, figs wrapped in baked ham, and great olives to start with...! Very Nice staff, great atmosphere. All in all a very nice place to which we will be coming back again and again!! Thank you for a great night! Also: check out the bar- nice cocktails and bar feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, too much noiseXXXXDined on 8/8/2014Noisy, noisy, noisy! Impossible to have a conversation without screaming. Food is excellent, especially the Zuni chicken. But very unpleasant with the din.Special Features:
- just miss (again)littledisappointedVIPDined on 8/4/2014have now gone several times to aoc. it seems to just miss being wonderful. the front is very good as are the cocktails. the wait staff is efficient but has each time suggested we order too much, ie 3 plates for each person. it is best to order a few plates and then more if still hungry. liked the squid but the zuni chicken is not up to par. the vegetables are very good and the deserts hit or miss. the patio is one of the best in town. it is at best a b plus which ain't bad. again, front, patio, cocktails is what makes it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place to frequentFoodprettyDined on 8/4/2014AOC is the one! I have been there this week alone for work, pleasure, day and evening. Truly special yet simple food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodtarlaVIPDined on 8/3/2014AOC is a great place to have a wonderful meal. I particularly love the farmer's plate which is composed of two spreads, i.e. chickpea and sometimes roasted pepper or eggplant, burrata cheese and some roasted vegetables of the season. I like sitting outside on the patio - it feels like I'm in another country!!!Special Features:
- Small plates big delivery!DiscerningDinersDined on 8/3/2014Lived up to all the hype. Superb menu & wine selections. Bacon wrapped dates. grilled peaches salad, duck & bean cassoulet, soft shelled crab, pork belly all masterfully prepared. We were seated in front of the cozy fireplace. Very enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- Just delicious food!!!AtroshDined on 8/2/2014Beautiful restaurant atmosphere, always delicious full of flavor food. Great service, just everything you want from a restaurant perfection!!! Bravo AOCSpecial Features:
- Very happyGeorgia5Dined on 7/31/2014So pleasurable. This place just gets it. Food is amazing . Service is amazing. Old school check in from the GM who gets to know us and we feel so loved. She is so sweet and so inviting . Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great DinnerLindafromLAVIPDined on 7/31/2014Had the Zuni chicken which I always love. We split the 1/2 Zuni chicken. More than enoughSpecial Features:
- AOCMichaelBrayDined on 7/30/2014Loved the bar scene, great drinks. Food was awesome, small plates, interesting choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun!lovetotasteDined on 7/28/2014We had a wonderful time tasting various glasses of wines and little plates of good food. We would be there still if we hadn't gotten too full. We'll be returning.Special Features:
- Did Not SisappointHungryGeorgeVIPDined on 7/28/2014Our first visit at this location: a lunch for four foodies. The restaurant did not disappoint.Food was good -- a tiny bit below great -- and the service friendly to the very edge of being over-familiar. We sat indoors. A very pleasant room. The outside patio is right on third street and the sound of buses going by was a bit much.Special Features:
- Unhappy :(DinnerDined on 7/27/2014I would only go back if I could sit in the patio, and since they won't promise you a table, it's 50/50 it will happen. It doesn't matter if you are celebrating a birthday/anniversary etc. they only put the regulars at the good tables. You will be disappointed.Special Features:
- Delicious but not like the cookbookGS4DinerDined on 7/27/2014It was an AOC birthday for me this year -- first the cookbook and then the restaurant. I remain delighted with both and love the way Suzanne writes about how food has shaped her experience over the years. Believe her when she says her food ideas are constantly changing -- the pistachio aillade in the restaurant was very different from the one I made from her recipe -- although both were delicious.Special Features:
- AOC finallywinoVIPDined on 7/27/2014I have been hearing about A O C from my girl friend for quite a while and finally went. Eating outside was beautiful as we were protected from street noise. the food was very nice. Used to dinner sized small portions, though told they were larger at lunch. we ordered probably more than we should have as portions were generous though tasting 3 different entrees was fun. The chicken/waffle combination lived up to its reputation. The Indian salad was also nice though a lighter touch on the dressing would have been better. All in all, a delightful Sunday brunch.Special Features: