8700 West 3rd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aocwinebar.com/
- Phone: 310 859 9859x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Friday: serving lunch 11:30 am - 3 pm
Afternoon menu from 3 pm
Sunday and Monday 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Tuesday thru Saturday 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
"Cocktail Hour" Daily: 5 pm - 7 pm at the Bar
Saturday / Sunday Brunch 10 am - 3 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Suzanne Goin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call Christy Gersh at the restaurant for information. email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi-private space that can seat up to 40 people. We also have a semi-private areas and the restaurant is available for full buy-outs. Please call Christy Gersh at the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Christy Gersh / email firstname.lastname@example.org 3108599859x
A word from AOC
We've MOVED! Our new address is 8700 W. 3rd Street & George Burns Drive. A.O.C. is a small plates restaurant driven by seasonal ingredients, locally sourced. Our California French cuisine was developed by Chef Suzanne Goin, and has some Mediterranean influences as well. We have 24 wines by the glass and 150 bottles to choose from, curated by Caroline Styne, all of which are either organic, biodynamic or sustainable. And now, featuring a full bar with premium spirits and specialty cocktails. Reservations are encouraged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
AOC reviews from OpenTable diners
416 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (336)fit for foodies (309)special occasion (197)romantic (184)neighborhood gem (163)notable wine list (136)great for brunch (130)great for lunch (117)hot spot (117)good for groups (98)vibrant bar scene (79)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (18)scenic view (10)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2014Every dish we ordered was excellent. All the wines by the glass were exceptionally good.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysJewels8769Dined on 9/17/2014The service is wonderful. Especially the gals at the fron t of the house. The food was great and the drinks were yummy.Special Features:
- AOC - LunchartcutsDined on 9/15/2014We sat on the patio which is beautiful and peaceful. The Spanish fried chicken, cheeses, Hanger steak, and dessert was wonderful. We cleaned all the plates. The waiter was on top of everything and my water glass was never empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodStarksDined on 9/14/2014Had brunch out on the beautiful patio. The drinks were great (Bellini and Quixote). The food was beyond amazing. I had the spanish friend chicken and waffle. The best ever. My husband had the brioche and our friend had the hash. The service was great, very attentive. They made us feel as though we were the only people in the restaurant. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little secret tucked awayMprezDined on 9/13/2014The Ambiance sets the tone for the evening. Service was pretty good. Food was tasty, not out of this world. Portions are appropriate size; didn't leave the restaurant feeling stuffed which I like. Would definitely reco this to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paul and BrentpaulandbrentDined on 9/13/2014A magnificent restaurant with an inspirational menu and a patio unsurpassed anywhere. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service/4% Charged for EmpOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I would NOT recommend this place for anyone to dine. Which is unfortunate because it's a beautiful restaurant! The outdoor seating area is adorable and has lots of room and energy for anyone to meet friends for a great saturday/sunday brunch. The service was terrible. We ordered many items that never showed up at our table. Items we hadn't ordered DID show up at our table several times even after we told the food runner we did not order that, he brought it out again insisting we did! The bottle of white wine we ordered they were out of. And lastly, when the bill came to the table the restaurant charged us an extra 4% tax for their employees benefits!!! I will never go back or recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Tpw11Dined on 9/12/2014Food was a big miss. I used to love this place but every dish that came out underwhelmed.Special Features:
- YUMAmjamDined on 9/9/2014I don't have tons of time to review, but have to say that the fried chicken and Farmer's Plate are to DIE FOR. Flavorful, and delicious... Service was nice.Special Features:
- AOC Dinner for FourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Had a great dinner at AOC this past week. Sat on the patio. Great atmosphere, good service, good food and good company. All in all an enjoyable evening. Look forward to a repeat occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulrmikeVIPDined on 9/6/2014AOC has a charming atmosphere and great service and fantastic food.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014We love the food and the beautiful decor. I have to say we'd only eat on the beautiful patio because the inside is just too loud. But we're happy campers outside! Thank you!Special Features:
- Nice, safe choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Fun spot kind of pedestrian choices, but fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overallCpfreeDined on 9/5/2014Had lunch and my wife and I were very pleased. Nice place great service and great food. Looks like it would be a great place for dinner or a late drink as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive First ImpressionanjinsanfbVIPDined on 9/4/2014Was my first time at AOC and I came away highly impressed. Delicious food, great outdoor seating, and friendly service. Will return.Special Features:
- I am thrilled that AOC existsAOCRegularVIPDined on 9/4/2014This is my neighbor spot, and it is also a fantastic spot for a special occasion, which on this visit was a birthday. The drinks, food and wine were outstanding, as always. We left feeling extremely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningDidoVIPDined on 9/1/2014The service and food were excellent. The patio was a great place to celebrate my Bday with my familySpecial Features:
- Lovely evening17foodfreakVIPDined on 9/1/2014After a little difficulty with the hostess, who was on the phone and ignoring us, we finally got the table I requested. And the rest was wonderful, except for the waiter who never returned with the drink I ordered! Our second waiter was most pleasant, helpful and patient with our ordering -- and the food was not only unusual, but delicious! The dates were fabulous, as were the grilled peaches. But the fingerling potatoes with creme fraiche were beyond incredible -- just divine! Would we go back? Definitely. And we'd order totally different dishes from a very intriguing menu!Special Features:
- GOOD, GOOD & GOODFoodieplusDined on 9/1/2014My first time visiting AOC in its new location. We went there for late lunch on Labor Day weekend and it was all GOOD, GOOD, & GOOD. Had my favorite tapas dishes of bacon-wrapped dates, sea food foccacia, fried chicken with waffles, and string bean salad. Topped them with 2 glasses of white wine on a hot day. It was between lunch and dinner, so the place had only a few tables and consequently quiet. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Bottom line: Top rate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but service can ruin itSaraDined on 8/31/2014AOC is a good place. The location is good, nice outdoors seating, a great bar, their food is delicious, it's dim enough for romance, lit enough for business dinners, great for brunch but their service is a hit or miss, mostly miss. Why? I never got it. Waiters are edgy, moody, it looks like they're just not happy to work there. Whenever I have to pick a place to take out friends in LA, AOC always makes it on my shortlist, but it always loses to other places bc I just don't feel like tiptoeing around the waiters & catering to their moods. Last time I went there, I was waited on by a very sweet young lady, surprised, I asked her "How long u been here?" She said "2 days :D". I thought "That explains it. They'll eventually break her." Sad no?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs workCMagDined on 8/31/2014The food was great and amazingly fast but If you want good service go to Tavern or Lucques. App never arrived. Entrees came and server was unapologetic never checking back when app finally arrived. Empty dishes stayed on table until the end. Bussers kept waters full but didn't clear plates. My wife left for the restroom and napkin was never refreshed. The last fast casual place would fold it so I guess we're spoiled now.
- Want to be transportedFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Wow, A.O.C. has been at its new location for a year or so, but what a change. This is spectacular. We ate in the patio and felt as if we'd been transported to a restaurant in Italy or France. The setting was romantic and beautiful with open shutters and plants placed perfectly. The food matched the setting. We love the small tapas style plates, so tried several with our friends. The Peach salad was refreshing and interesting - a hit. The Spanish Chicken and Brioche dish were equally unique with mind blowing flavors. Nothing too spicy. All creative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to its reputationTakasdenDined on 8/30/2014The salad which came highly recommended by the waitress was literally bitter. The waitress seemed disinterested. Overall it was disappointing and we came with high expectations.
- GorgeousJessDined on 8/30/2014This place is stunningly beautiful. Sit on the patio if you can. Best to go for wine and cheese, snacks, etc. but brunch was nice too (food wasn't mindblowing). Brunch cocktails were innovative and fresh.Special Features:
- YanaVIPDined on 8/27/2014Amazing patio, so nice and romantic! Our party of 4 really enjoyed their "tapas"-style menu, when you can order about 2 dishes per person and try every dish. The food is really tasty, from salads to meats. Our waiter was friendly and nice, though sometimes dissappeared. Overall, highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA gemkjlllVIPDined on 8/26/2014Never disappoints...my go to for outstanding everything!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent on every aspectSoCalGirlDined on 8/26/2014Superb food, excellent customer service. lovely outdoor dining area - you can't ask for more. Our dining club enjoyed every morsel. The menu had a diverse selection of items so everyone was satisfied. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice placeSkywalker71Dined on 8/24/2014Great food and service. Presentation and plates were also nice. Very friendly owners and staff. I had the Angus burger it was delicious:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably scruptiousRamdarDined on 8/23/2014AOC never disappoints. Everything was unique and delicious. If you haven't been, don't wait.Special Features:
- A.O.C.PickyeaterDined on 8/21/2014We were seated on the patio at a tiny table tucked between many others and away from the very vibrant bar scene in the main dining room. Once we figured out how to order we settled for four tapas and not our waiters recommended five - Four tapas were perfect for us - I especially liked the cucumber mint salad and the clams, not so sure about the soft shelled crab. Our desert, the bread pudding came with a lit candle which allowed me to sing a private happy birthday to my hubby. All in all a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not amazingLoneWolf02Dined on 8/21/2014Decent food, very heavy dishes. ingredients were fresh....but not wowed by anything, just ok. 2nd time here.Special Features:
- Ladies Who LunchaltagalDined on 8/21/2014Our servers were totally in tune with of our group of 6 ladies. They were polite and responded quickly and happily to all our requests including for a quiet, round table. We shared the Indian Chicken salad as a starter - enough for 6 to have a small serving. It was so delicious that we all said we'd return and have it for the main course. We shared various paninis and paninolas (?), all very tasty. The coffees were very good, but the best was the butterscotch pudding desert, just like our Mom's made years ago. We weren't rushed through our meal, even though the restaurant was very busy. We actually had to ask for the check, a pleasant change from most restaurants these days.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2014AOC is always great. Beautiful structure, marvelous garden seating area, wonderful service and outstanding food. Magical black kale, delicious grilled peach salad, yummy fried chicken, fantastic duck cassoulet. And - butterscotch pot de creme extraordinaire!! It was a beautiful evening. Thank you!Special Features:
- Favorite new spot!ab120VIPDined on 8/17/2014I've heard a lot of great things about AOC so I went to check out the hype. It was fantastic! One of the best meals I've had in a while. The setting, the service and the food were all incredible. I'm still dreaming about the peach salad, fried chicken and clams.Special Features:
- Perfect Brunch!KillerPandaVIPDined on 8/17/2014Best brunch in LA. Amazing chicken and waffles. Brioche was perfect. Great food. Great atmosphere. Great service. Great price points. Absolutly perfect!Special Features:
- Great Lunch, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014I had a superb meal of baked eggs w/ canellini beans, and vanilla french toast with meyer lemons, both of which were incredibly unique to AOC and incredibly delicious. I also had a very sweet server,Special Features:
- great new locationGraceDined on 8/16/2014such a great little spot! love this bright, airy location. never went to the old location but i heard it was much darker before. i love the new spot!Special Features:
- barbydollVIPDined on 8/15/2014food is delicious small plates..Be careful not to over orderSpecial Features:
- Love AOCAllieinLAVIPDined on 8/15/2014AOC is one of my "go-to" places in Beverly Hills. Great wines, delicious food, spacious bar, beautiful outdoor terrace. This place is a real find.Special Features:
- LAXPDXDined on 8/14/2014Great food and service. Who can complain about a bottle of cold rose and a plate of roast chicken at an outdoor table on a beautiful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.