8700 West 3rd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aocwinebar.com/
- Phone: 310 859 9859x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Friday: serving lunch 11:30 am - 3 pm
Afternoon menu from 3 pm
Sunday and Monday 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Tuesday thru Saturday 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
"Cocktail Hour" Daily: 5 pm - 7 pm at the Bar
Saturday / Sunday Brunch 10 am - 3 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Suzanne Goin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call Christy Gersh at the restaurant for information. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi-private space that can seat up to 40 people. We also have a semi-private areas and the restaurant is available for full buy-outs. Please call Christy Gersh at the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Christy Gersh / email email@example.com 3108599859x
A word from AOC
We've MOVED! Our new address is 8700 W. 3rd Street & George Burns Drive. A.O.C. is a small plates restaurant driven by seasonal ingredients, locally sourced. Our California French cuisine was developed by Chef Suzanne Goin, and has some Mediterranean influences as well. We have 24 wines by the glass and 150 bottles to choose from, curated by Caroline Styne, all of which are either organic, biodynamic or sustainable. And now, featuring a full bar with premium spirits and specialty cocktails. Reservations are encouraged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
AOC reviews from OpenTable diners
385 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (311)fit for foodies (279)special occasion (174)romantic (161)neighborhood gem (152)notable wine list (122)hot spot (108)great for brunch (107)great for lunch (103)good for groups (92)vibrant bar scene (67)late-night find (22)kid-friendly (17)scenic view (11)Show More
- 3% employee health benifit addonAlanVIPDined on 9/28/2014Did not like the 3%add on for employees health insurance. This only helps the owner. Some people will deduct the 3% from their tip and then your employee looses.Special Features:
- slight letdownlipsmaxinDined on 9/27/2014A group of us dined early evening and got an excellent waiter. The patio is very nice. Wine list was good but pricey. We found the food to be good but both chicken dishes we tried were overcooked. While the other small plates were good we were disappointed that nothing had any "wow" factor. We had expected more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and BadpabloDined on 9/26/2014Let's get one thing straight - Suzanne Goin is one of the best chefs in LA, so this restaurant is notable. High quality food that is prepared well, a great wine selection, and now a really interesting cocktail program are on offer. But Friday night is busy and the waitstaff couldn't keep up. Our server was friendly - when he could serve us. But we had to wait 15 minutes at our table just to get water, 25 minutes to have a pre-dinner cocktail. So if you are in a hurry, you shouldn't come here. Thankfully, our wait was rewarded with very good food for the most part. There was a misfire here and there, but only slightly. I will go back for sure. I can deal with shoddy service as long as they aren't rude.Special Features:
- FoodieInLAVIPDined on 9/26/2014We have been going to AOC for the past three years. We used to love the food at the old location. While the new location is pretty, the food and service has been lacking. I brought my mother, from South Africa, as her first dining experience in LA. I had requested an outside table, this was the only reason I booked at AOC because its a pretty location. They could not accommodate us, instead they placed us in a booth in the corner. We had to request that the air conditioner be turned off as it was blowing cold air only on our table. The waiter was not friendly and the wait staff kept on coming to our table asking if we were done, wanting to clear the plates that still had food on them. The food was average at best, definitely overpriced.
- :-)chris2145Dined on 9/26/2014Celebrated a birthday with friends, on the terrace. It is so gorgeous out there, we shared a few things from the menu,they were all delicious and our waiter was a delight! Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Delicious!KirstenDined on 9/25/2014The food was amazing, as well as the environment, and the staff made it especially great!Special Features:
- MOR1VIPDined on 9/25/2014Amazing find during our trip to LA. Would recommend to anyone looking for great food and delightful patio!Special Features:
- Something Specialnada5zipDined on 9/25/2014My husband & I went to AOC to celebrate our anniversary. We had a delightful meal under the stars & loved every minute of it. The wait staff was great & no one pushed us to hurry through our meal. From appetizer to dessert, dining at AOC was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Space / Service LackingScudderVIPDined on 9/24/2014I can't help but think it was an off day at AOC. Beautiful space as always. Food was good and well-prepared. But the service was very very slow. More than 45 minutes to get our order at lunch and not handled with the aplomb we expected. That said, I went there a few weeks ago and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better the first timeBadPotatoesDined on 9/20/2014We had a better experience at aoc the first time. We recommended the place to our friends so we all went together this time. The food wasn't as good the second time around. The potatoes in my corn beef hash were super hard...as if they were old and they deep fried it again to mask the taste of old potatoes. They were so hard they were not edible, so I picked them out. And I didn't have much corn beef in my corn beef hash, probably about 2-3 slivers of corn beef. It was good the first time is why I ordered it again. The food there is inconsistent, which makes me cautious to go back. We also got the green goddess again, and the drink tasted different from my friend who ordered it, and from the last time we got it. Good service though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousStephanieDined on 9/20/2014Ali was a wonderful waiter and helped us make some excellent cocktail, charcuterie, and cheese selections. We loved everything. Only bummer was a table of 12 (6 of them 8 year olds) who were a little noisy and disrupted the ambiance but that's not the restaurants fault.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Celebrated 5 months of wedded bliss with my wife last Friday night. Got a nice table on the beautiful outdoor patio. Food was outstanding. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- DisappointedLJH15Dined on 9/18/2014While I had heard about the "healthy living" surcharge, I was appalled to actually see it. As a business owner myself, I believe that it is a much better strategy to include health care costs related to insuring employees in overall charges for food; not as a surcharge. This practice may deter me from visiting again. Food was not as good overall as I have heard. Also, waiter was pushy with regard to number of plates we initially ordered as "not even close to enough food". As it turned out, per his direction, we ordered way too much!Special Features:
- patio beats the foodmangerDined on 9/18/2014small plates, what else, nothing bad, nothing great Beautiful patio indifferent serviceSpecial Features:
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/18/2014I had eaten at the previous location and this was my first time dining at the new-ish location on 3rd. While the food continued to be excellent, I found the location to far outdo the previous one! The outdoor dining was so lovely and really added to the dining experience. Everything we ate was delicious and the service was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2014Every dish we ordered was excellent. All the wines by the glass were exceptionally good.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysJewels8769Dined on 9/17/2014The service is wonderful. Especially the gals at the fron t of the house. The food was great and the drinks were yummy.Special Features:
- Pushy waiter not appreciatedFoodieplusDined on 9/17/2014Food was excellent, as usual. What brings the rating down a star was the pushy waiter who asked 4 times, duringa short lunch, whether I need a re-fill for my wine. The first time was after I had about 2 sips. The final time was, "How about I fill the wine glass for you?" Pushiness never gets far. Since this is the first time it happened; we didn't ask the name of the waiter nor complained at AOC. As a gneral rule: pushiness begets upset guests. Pls. convey to ALL waiting staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AOC - LunchartcutsDined on 9/15/2014We sat on the patio which is beautiful and peaceful. The Spanish fried chicken, cheeses, Hanger steak, and dessert was wonderful. We cleaned all the plates. The waiter was on top of everything and my water glass was never empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodStarksDined on 9/14/2014Had brunch out on the beautiful patio. The drinks were great (Bellini and Quixote). The food was beyond amazing. I had the spanish friend chicken and waffle. The best ever. My husband had the brioche and our friend had the hash. The service was great, very attentive. They made us feel as though we were the only people in the restaurant. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little secret tucked awayMprezDined on 9/13/2014The Ambiance sets the tone for the evening. Service was pretty good. Food was tasty, not out of this world. Portions are appropriate size; didn't leave the restaurant feeling stuffed which I like. Would definitely reco this to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paul and BrentpaulandbrentDined on 9/13/2014A magnificent restaurant with an inspirational menu and a patio unsurpassed anywhere. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service/4% Charged for EmpagsingsDined on 9/13/2014I would NOT recommend this place for anyone to dine. Which is unfortunate because it's a beautiful restaurant! The outdoor seating area is adorable and has lots of room and energy for anyone to meet friends for a great saturday/sunday brunch. The service was terrible. We ordered many items that never showed up at our table. Items we hadn't ordered DID show up at our table several times even after we told the food runner we did not order that, he brought it out again insisting we did! The bottle of white wine we ordered they were out of. And lastly, when the bill came to the table the restaurant charged us an extra 4% tax for their employees benefits!!! I will never go back or recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Tpw11Dined on 9/12/2014Food was a big miss. I used to love this place but every dish that came out underwhelmed.Special Features:
- YUMAmjamDined on 9/9/2014I don't have tons of time to review, but have to say that the fried chicken and Farmer's Plate are to DIE FOR. Flavorful, and delicious... Service was nice.Special Features:
- AOC Dinner for FourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Had a great dinner at AOC this past week. Sat on the patio. Great atmosphere, good service, good food and good company. All in all an enjoyable evening. Look forward to a repeat occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulrmikeVIPDined on 9/6/2014AOC has a charming atmosphere and great service and fantastic food.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014We love the food and the beautiful decor. I have to say we'd only eat on the beautiful patio because the inside is just too loud. But we're happy campers outside! Thank you!Special Features:
- Nice, safe choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Fun spot kind of pedestrian choices, but fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overallCpfreeDined on 9/5/2014Had lunch and my wife and I were very pleased. Nice place great service and great food. Looks like it would be a great place for dinner or a late drink as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive First ImpressionanjinsanfbVIPDined on 9/4/2014Was my first time at AOC and I came away highly impressed. Delicious food, great outdoor seating, and friendly service. Will return.Special Features:
- I am thrilled that AOC existsAOCRegularVIPDined on 9/4/2014This is my neighbor spot, and it is also a fantastic spot for a special occasion, which on this visit was a birthday. The drinks, food and wine were outstanding, as always. We left feeling extremely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningDidoVIPDined on 9/1/2014The service and food were excellent. The patio was a great place to celebrate my Bday with my familySpecial Features:
- Lovely evening17foodfreakVIPDined on 9/1/2014After a little difficulty with the hostess, who was on the phone and ignoring us, we finally got the table I requested. And the rest was wonderful, except for the waiter who never returned with the drink I ordered! Our second waiter was most pleasant, helpful and patient with our ordering -- and the food was not only unusual, but delicious! The dates were fabulous, as were the grilled peaches. But the fingerling potatoes with creme fraiche were beyond incredible -- just divine! Would we go back? Definitely. And we'd order totally different dishes from a very intriguing menu!Special Features:
- GOOD, GOOD & GOODFoodieplusDined on 9/1/2014My first time visiting AOC in its new location. We went there for late lunch on Labor Day weekend and it was all GOOD, GOOD, & GOOD. Had my favorite tapas dishes of bacon-wrapped dates, sea food foccacia, fried chicken with waffles, and string bean salad. Topped them with 2 glasses of white wine on a hot day. It was between lunch and dinner, so the place had only a few tables and consequently quiet. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Bottom line: Top rate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but service can ruin itSaraDined on 8/31/2014AOC is a good place. The location is good, nice outdoors seating, a great bar, their food is delicious, it's dim enough for romance, lit enough for business dinners, great for brunch but their service is a hit or miss, mostly miss. Why? I never got it. Waiters are edgy, moody, it looks like they're just not happy to work there. Whenever I have to pick a place to take out friends in LA, AOC always makes it on my shortlist, but it always loses to other places bc I just don't feel like tiptoeing around the waiters & catering to their moods. Last time I went there, I was waited on by a very sweet young lady, surprised, I asked her "How long u been here?" She said "2 days :D". I thought "That explains it. They'll eventually break her." Sad no?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs workCMagDined on 8/31/2014The food was great and amazingly fast but If you want good service go to Tavern or Lucques. App never arrived. Entrees came and server was unapologetic never checking back when app finally arrived. Empty dishes stayed on table until the end. Bussers kept waters full but didn't clear plates. My wife left for the restroom and napkin was never refreshed. The last fast casual place would fold it so I guess we're spoiled now.
- Want to be transportedFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Wow, A.O.C. has been at its new location for a year or so, but what a change. This is spectacular. We ate in the patio and felt as if we'd been transported to a restaurant in Italy or France. The setting was romantic and beautiful with open shutters and plants placed perfectly. The food matched the setting. We love the small tapas style plates, so tried several with our friends. The Peach salad was refreshing and interesting - a hit. The Spanish Chicken and Brioche dish were equally unique with mind blowing flavors. Nothing too spicy. All creative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to its reputationTakasdenDined on 8/30/2014The salad which came highly recommended by the waitress was literally bitter. The waitress seemed disinterested. Overall it was disappointing and we came with high expectations.
- GorgeousJessDined on 8/30/2014This place is stunningly beautiful. Sit on the patio if you can. Best to go for wine and cheese, snacks, etc. but brunch was nice too (food wasn't mindblowing). Brunch cocktails were innovative and fresh.Special Features: