Anzio's Brick Oven Pizza
135 Westboro Road
North Grafton, MA 01536Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Anzio's Brick Oven Pizza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.anziosbrickovenpizza.com/
- Phone: (508) 839-4900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am -5:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 8:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Todd Harrington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Anzio's Brick Oven Pizza
Anzio's Brick Oven Pizza serves thin crust Italian pizza in Grafton, MA. Our authentic Neo-Neapolitan cuisine is made using only the freshest ingredients. The pizza is baked in a brick oven and the high temperature produces a thin crust that is the perfect combination of slightly chewy, crispy light, and airy. We can’t wait for you to try our (New York/Connecticut style) Italian pizza. Check out our menu for our full list of pizza, paninis, and salads. No need to pack your lunch or cook tonight! Pick-up (dine-in or take-out) one of our homemade Italian pizza pies. Whether you are dining alone, with co-workers, as a family, or booking a special event, we'll cater to your every need. For special events or for more information send us an email. We would love to hear from you! Now serving gluten free pizza!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Anzio's Brick Oven Pizza - Best Restaurants in North Grafton ›
Anzio's Brick Oven Pizza reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)kid-friendly (6)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)late-night find (4)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great pizza, but dress warm in winterSusanDined on 11/15/2014Have been here twice. The pizza is excellent. However, the building is in need of updating. The first time we visited, there was a strange odor in the dining area. The second time, it was so cold in the dining area that everyone there had to keep their coats on! The wait staff explained that although the heat was on, the building is old and does not retain the heat. This caused the food to cool off quickly as well. They do offer take-out. All said and done, the pizza truly is worth the visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Typically hard to find pizza that the whole family enjoys, but this was an exception.
- great experienceUpdateVIPDined on 10/24/2014You can't go wrong at Anzio's, from the fabulous salad to the unbelievable pizza this is a go to spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LittleVinnieDined on 10/13/2014Food was outstanding. Service was more than adequate. Ambiance was pretty neat. Only complaint was that the thin crust pizza we ordered as part of the meal was served noticeably burned. Other than that, best Italian I have had in quite some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I drove 25 minutes to there after I was abe to book it for a Sunday to find out it isn't open on Sundays.
- JBOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2014Quite possibly, the best pizza I have eaten in my lifetime!Special Features:
- Great service... Kitchen needs helpTeeeVIPDined on 8/30/2014We had a casual dinner with our son,our daughter-in-law and grandson. We wanted to sit on the patio. It was small and no one there which was great for the baby. The young hostess and the server were great. They could not have been more attentive. The food was good... Salads, calzones, and pizza except the the crust was soggy... Not cooked enough. The glitch came when two exact same calzones were made. The server caught the mistake, served the calzones, and said the third was in the oven@ no charge. However the calzone was still incorrect since we had asked for the sauce on the side. And it was covered.Special Features:
- Family DinnerJosephDined on 8/18/2014We went to Anzios when some family came to visit and they wanted Italian food. It was Manga Monday so we ordered 2 Manga specials which included a bottle of wine, two entrees and a large salad for $39.95 each (a very good value). My husband ordered a panini sandwich with roasted vegetables as he is a vegetarian. All the food was very good but the menue is very limited for entrees. There is much more variety for pizzas, calzones and paninis. Also not much for a vegan who does not eat cheese. My husband ordered his panini without cheese but it came with cheese and he had to send it back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anzios is excellent!kgadDined on 8/16/2014A great value for wonderful home made food in our area. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzaItaliangirl01Dined on 8/2/2014The pizza was really great. Loved the thin crust and the sauce. Had dessert, which was fantastic and worth every calorie. Entrees looked really good too. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 20 reviews are from the Anzio's Brick Oven Pizza reviews archive.
- Server rushed ussteakeaterDined on 7/24/2014We felt rushed by the server - clearing plates before everyone finished their meals, taking wine glasses ("we are running low on glasses"). Have had better service here so it may just be the server.
- best pizza aroundUpdateVIPDined on 7/18/2014We love Anzios! For this little spot sitting on Rt 30, you won't believe the great Italian food they put out. The wide variety of different pizza choices ( all fabulous) make it difficult to choose, but you won't go wrong with anySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hot spot in GraftondonfromwestboroughVIPDined on 7/12/2014Pizza is quite good with a variety of toppings. Chicken parm was a whole beat. Not the usual pounced flat. Salads might have been best of the courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok for the AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/6/2014This is a good local option, but my second visit has confirmed that it's not worth going out of the way for. Really just ok. The chow is fine, but there's much better pizza around... so certainly not up there with the best pies in MA. The praise builds up expectations but just doesn't live up to it.
- The Best!!UpdateVIPDined on 5/30/2014A great local Italian restaurant that has the best thin crust pizza I have had. Very few tables so may have to wait, but it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014After seeing Anzio's highlighted on Phantom Gourmet, my husband and I figured we would try it. We couldn't really decide what we wanted to try because everything sounded so good. So we decided to share a small pizza and a lasagna. OMG - the food was cooked just right and absolutely delicious. We saw other couples ordering the large pizza and saw them all taking some home. Their large pizza's are enormous. We will definitely go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thin crust pizza!scrabblenut19Dined on 5/24/2014Thin crust pizza all the way! It's the only kind I'll eat. Despite having a reservation, we had to wait 10 minutes before a hostess even approached us as it was so busy. They accommodated our two extra friends very efficiently once we were seated. Despite wait staff being somewhat overwhelmed, the service was OK. The food was good and the wine list is very reasonably priced. We tried the arancini and fried polenta for appetizers, both of which were light and crispy. Will come back again for sure.Special Features:
- awesome experiemce.suebeeDined on 5/24/2014We were very surprised by how excellent the food was. We made a, reservation which was key as it was very crowded with only 7 tables reservations a must. Wait staff was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!YummDined on 5/23/2014Very friendly service! Food was excellent. Kids got to play mini golf while we waited for the food ($3 for a short easy round). Everyone was happy and hunger satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chaotic, but worth thr waitUpdateVIPDined on 5/23/2014First time at Anzios,even though we only live 10minutes away. Got a 7:00 Open Table for a Friday at last minute, so my wife and I checked it out. Placed was mobbed and reservations not automated, so still had to wait. young waitresses were doing a fabulous job, without any management present and got us drinks and at our table within a half hour. Pizza was awesome and so was goat cheese salad. Drinks put it a little pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaRichDined on 5/16/2014If you like brick oven pizza with great crust and eclectic toppings this is your place. A bit out of the way but worth the trip.Special Features:
- simple and delightful!EpicureanMeDined on 4/19/2014great place for a simple and affordable date night! The server was cheerful and helpful; she made a nice wine recommendation! The brick oven pizza was amazing! To each His or Her own! We enjoyed half Sausage E Pepe and half Spinaci Polo, beer and wine and a bill just about $40 bucks! The take home disappeared the for lunch the next day by 1 or more hungry teens! Anzio's is a little gem! ...Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gemSandtrap218Dined on 4/19/2014I really like the cozy cafe-like atmosphere. Great place for any night glass of wine and spectacular brick oven pizza. Pizza is the highlight, but tasted the vodka penne and that was really well done as well. Salads are nicely done with fresh and gourmet ingredients. Friends were happy to find a great beer selection as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Option... Best Pizza?OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 4/6/2014Is this the best? Well certainly the best pizza in Grafton... but let's not get carried away. The pizza is good and so were the other dishes we tried (pasta, salad)... all served in simple, unpretentious, sort of funky environs by an excellent server... and resonably priced (certainly a benefit of being out in the middle of nowhere). The pizza is good but far from the masterful pies you see in the top places around the country. The edge of the crust had a sort of toast-like taste... not a great characteristic of an excellent pizza. That said, I enjoyed it... but just didn't live up to the advance hype I had heard about. Don't understand the wild raves. 3 good craft beers were available on tap... most welcome. RECOMMENDEDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Anzios!KathypDined on 3/30/2014So hard to find brick oven pizza in central Mass. Their pizza is terrific. My daughter had a pasta dish she thought was great. The staff is so helpful and accompdating. Made us a buffalo chicken pizza that was not even on the menu. Staff knowledgeable of the food, beer and wine they serve. Only complaint, a few friends wish they would carry Bud Light.Special Features:
- Not the "House of Pizza"BarryDined on 1/25/2014Anzio's Brick Oven Pizza is not the typical small town "House of Pizza." It's quality brick oven pizza in a small, quaint setting; not what you'd expect in a small town. My wife and I started with the Caprese appetizer. It was fresh, large, and tasty. I had a small barbecue chicken pizza and my wife had a small clam pizza. Both were great. I had a Blue Moon on tap and my wife had red wine. The wine list was very good and there was a good selection of tap beers. It probably doesn't hurt that there's a specialty wine shop attached to Anzio's. As we were leaving the line that was practically out the door confirmed that I'm not the only one who appreciates quality pizza with fresh ingredients. My hunch is Anzio's take-out business is booming.Special Features:
- PizzaMikeDined on 1/20/2014Very good Neapolitan pizza. Service was not organized and the place was configured very strange with table dropped here and there. But you come for the food and that was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anzios is hot & coldSuesettaDined on 12/31/2013the pizza with roasted veggies was delightful!! Very fresh with a nice kick. The salad we shared was not outstanding, but it was fresh and plentiful! The dressing was decent and came on the side without asking....10 points in my book!!! Unfortunately, the place was freezing due to the doors being left open every time a customer came in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzachefozDined on 12/23/2013Pizza and panini very good. Nice to see thin crust pizza!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anzio's is a hidden gem! It'sPizzaLoverDined on 11/21/2013Anzio's is a hidden gem! It's small inside - maybe 9 or 10 tables, but we've never had a problem finding a table...yet! We had the Mista salad to start and the dressing was delicious. Then we ordered the veggie pizza and the BBQ chicken pizza - both were really good, but I personally liked the veggie better. It had a peppery bite to it with broccoli, garlic, peppers and caramelized onions for just the right amount of sweetness. This was our 2nd time back and we'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.