615 Duval Street
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.antoniaskeywest.com/
- Phone: 3052946565x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 365 days a year. Lunch 11 AM until 5 PM. Dinner 5 PM until 10 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tommy Quatararo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room will hold up to a maximum of 42 guests. It is upstairs and has a full bar and restroom separate from the main restaurant. The elegantly decorated room provides the perfect setting for a private or business seated dinner. We generally work directly from our regular dinner menu and will be glad to provide suggestions to perfectly accommodate your event needs.
- Private Party Contact: Bruce Strong 3052946565x
A word from Antonia's
Antonia’s Restaurant, located in the heart of Old Town Key West has been delighting the palates of locals and visitors for almost 40 years. The menu at Antonia’s Restaurant offers an array of the freshest local seafood dishes and a variety of traditional meat dishes made from the freshest ingredients prepared daily by our Classically Northern Italian trained chefs. Feeling that dining is an experience to be savored, no culinary experience is complete without wine. In addition to an extensive wine list, full bar is also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Antonia's - Best Restaurants in Key West ›
Antonia's reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (25)special occasion (19)fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (14)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (4)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Everyone in our group loved their meals. I got the chicken breast which was outstanding. My boyfriend ordered the filet which was cooked to perfection. The other meals included a caprese salad, hogfish salad (a special), calamari and bruschetta. I will definitely be back here again.Special Features:
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014I came to this place on my anneversary. I spent $170 on a meal that tasted like it came out of a can.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Our dinner was excellent and our server was attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In Key WestFredDined on 8/3/2014This was my second dining experience at Atonia"s albeit separated by many years. They are noted for their home made pasta, and since it's Key West, for their seafoord. I had their fettuccine with scallops, shrimp, lobster, clams, and mussels in a cream sauce. I was leery of ordering the mussels with the dish but I had a good dish of mussels elsewhere and thought, why not? Unfortunately, I didn't like the mussels. It spoiled the dish for me. I thought their pasta a little gummy but the scallops, shrimp, clams and lobster were great. It was a slow night (August in Key West) but the bar was busy and the bar tender was great with his guests. My waiter was OK.Special Features:
- TKTMarkVIPDined on 8/2/2014If you haven't eaten dinner at Antonia's with TK then you are certainly missing a Key West highlight. Great bartender at a great restaurant. Staff is excellent and TK is the best on the island. Food is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- groupKeyWestJerryDined on 8/2/2014We had 10 women and they accomadated us perfectly. EVERYONE said it was tyhe best meal they ever had. Also had wonderful Italian wine chosen from an extensive wine list. We WILL go back!Special Features:
- Best in Key WestLIEUVIPDined on 7/22/2014We had an excellent anniversary dinner. Superb Italian cuisine. Extraordinary wine list. Attentive service. No happy hour. We have been in Key West for a month and eaten in many restaurants from the top of the line to food trucks. Antonia's is the best hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a favoriteFirstTimerVIPDined on 7/19/2014Been coming here for a very long time! Always a stop on my list. Food was delicious and presentation was delightful. The server was the best part, genuine, responsive and a great sense of humor....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/5/2014I have had better meals at Antonia's. Perhaps the chef was on holiday being the 4th of July. Service was a step above most restaurants in Key West which have a bit of a slow service in the off season.Special Features:
- Exceeded our expectations!LocalVIPDined on 7/2/2014Hard to believe you can get quality food, in a relaxed-cool environment, right off Duval. Stopped for a late, week day lunch and had the place to ourselves. Beautiful decor, comfy padded seats, fresh pasta and sauce with incredible by-the-glass wine options. Finished the meal with the best Teramissu (dessert) I've ever had...along with espressos. When you're ready for a break from seafood...great meal, ambiance, prices and location!Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerenjoygoodfoodDined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed our dinner; service was very good and we look forward to returning on our next visit to Key West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better staffLuv2eatDined on 6/26/2014I waited til I was done with my course for my glass of wine I ordered when I sat down. Not impressed at all!!
- Lovely and deliciousTimothyVIPDined on 6/24/2014We had a wonderful meal at this quiet, serene spot in the heart of Old Town Key West. The pasta was fresh and al dente, the lasagna is rich and not for the faint of heart, the wine list is extensive, and the service is superb. You must visit!Special Features:
- A happy findJhc3VIPDined on 6/14/2014Duval Street has so many restaurants that I was fortunate to choose Antonia's. My meal was excellent, and the service attentive. The wood-paneled room is pleasant and somehow seems cool itself, even beyond the air-conditioning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SplendidDannyDined on 6/8/2014First visit, reserved due to high regard of previous reviews.loved the place for a quiet even romantic Italian meal. Attentive knowledgable waiter, excellently prepared and presented scallops for my spouse. I had fruit of the sea which was quite spicy, which I enjoy, but may be too much for some. Unfortunately even though we were early diners, the shrimp,lobster,clams,and scallops were somewhat overdone and chewy. No desert ordered but served us cookies ( not ordered) with coffee. Really enjoyed this meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we expectedbralphDined on 6/7/2014We expected the food to be great, which it was. The service was good as well. Bruce, the manager, made the experience great. The only thing that bothered me was that they sat a family next us with little ones and there was also another large table with kids. For a vacation spot this can be expected, but when all the children were fussing it got pretty distracting for us. Nevertheless, we will visit next time in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian dishesLRDinnerDined on 5/23/2014We have been eating at Antonia's for many years when visiting Key West. Food is always great. This time I had airline chicken and it was extraordinary. My partner had the veal and it was good but not the best ever. Their mozzarella cheese is wonderful. Service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Warm and InvitingWrenDined on 5/15/2014We visited Antonia's on the recommendation of a friend. The atmosphere was warm and the service was friendly and efficient. The yellow snapper was divine.Special Features:
- Best lasagne ever!pugsnhugs5280Dined on 5/12/2014As a party of 5 we were seated at a charming corner table in the lovely dining area. Service was swift, cocktails were on the table before we knew it. We ordered a variety of dishes and all were tasty. The lasagna comes in its baking dish and is enough for 2. Delicioso!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MissisippitravelerDined on 5/10/2014The food was great Italian. Great server, Mollie. Helped with great wine and the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 152 reviews are from the Antonia's reviews archive.
- KWgotospotDined on 5/4/2014well prepaired and presented meals,chef will make reasonable changes to satisfy requests,we eat there twice out of every week we stay in Key WestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened here??JeffDined on 5/3/2014We have been coming to Antonia's for 12 years and something has horribly changed! Our last visit we were entertaining some out of town guests and talked the restaurant up. Our server barely spoke, he put the specials page down and said "here are the specials" - that's it! No explanation and the personality of a door knob. The linguine with the KW pink shrimp was ordered by 2 our of party - that shrimp were tasteless and very hard and over-cooked. I walked away from the table and spoke to the server and he said absolutely nothing. During the course of the meal he may have spoken 20 words, if that. We have not been in for about six months prior to this and even that visit had lost something - but this visit ended our desire to return
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014Great food. Pasta was really fresh. Will definately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Restaurants in KWfoodbugVIPDined on 4/25/2014We travel to Key West usually once a year and always make the time to have dinner at Antonia's. They make their own pasta which is fabulous. Great quiet atmosphere and wine list. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbianceCaptainDined on 4/19/2014Great service, excellent plate presentation with good portions, a nautical-antique ambiance that makes for a fine date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Antonia's all knew & loved.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/15/2014Food is incredibly bland, unimaginative, or undercooked. under new management, new a chef.
- Delicious!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014We ordered the fresh mozzarella & tomatoes. It was the freshest mozzarella I've tasted. I ordered fetteccini w/ mushrooms & asparagus..every bite was delicious! Highly recommened this place for a quiet, romantic dinner or just to escape the Duval crawl for the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsVIP2VIPDined on 4/6/2014Wonderful seared tuna, a slight spicy twist to the white clams delicately spooned over the homemade linguini. We love the food and the atmosphere. Antonia's is welcome respite from the chaotic atmosphere of Key West.Special Features:
- A local's favorite for over 30 yrs.IntheMixDined on 4/6/2014Antonia's has strong root's in family celebration for us, be it a romantic table for 2 or a family celebration of 14! On 4/6/14, we dined at 6:00pm with a table for 12, 7 adult's and 5 children ( 10-2 yrs.), all who had good table manners. The service was excellent, the dining delighted and pleased all. The wonderful Italian cookies, to finish off a great night, is always the perfect treat from Antonia's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my fav KW spot by far.JudyVIPDined on 3/28/2014Antonia's is an adorable,quaint spot and the Caesars salad with lobster was amazing. The calamari was to strong and garlicky. When I asked the waiter about foods with dietary restrictions, he was very dismissive. He very arigantly let us know that the restaurant had no interest in being flexible to anyone with food issues. The manager blew by our table and asked if everything was ok but didn't stop long enough to actually act like he cared. Overall, we felt Antonia's had an air of arrogance. We didn't get the warm welcome feeling that we received everywhere else in KW. I wouldn't recommend it. There are so many other restaurants in KW that would love to have your business.
- Sad but trueBadsVIPDined on 3/22/2014Antonia's has always been a favorite as I live in Key West but recently it changed hands. This is my second visit since the new ownership and it is failing terribly. Would not take guests again until things change dramatically. Same happened when Antonia and Phillip sold years ago and it did eventually get better. One can only hope.
- Great Food and Wine SelectionsusanjboyzDined on 3/7/2014We had an amazing dinner at Antonias. It was my first time to Key West and I am so glad that we decided to make this our selection for our first night out. Wonderful atmosphere, staff, and food.Special Features:
- Antonia's never disappoints...everyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/6/2014Antonia's never disappoints...every time we visit Key West, it's our first stop!Special Features:
- Favorite for over 26 yearsPaxluxDined on 3/3/2014For the past 26 years, Antonia's has been one of my very favorite Key Wedt dining spots. I am delighted that with new owners the commitment to excellence continues. Bravo.. Hope to see you soon, and often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/2/2014Dinner was excellent, service was impeccable. We had linguine with little neck clams- amazing pasta made in house. Also the lamb chops finished with a sauce that complemented them perfectly. Our only regret is being too full for dessert. Maybe next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Antonia's was more than accommodating with the number of people we showed up with. The food was great and Anthony, who was our waiter, did a great job of looking after our table's. We were not rushed to leave even though we were the last group in there. We will be returning next year to Antonia's for dinner on our yearly fishing trip. GOOD JOB TO EVERYONE WHO WORKED THAT NIGHT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousNCamiDined on 3/1/2014Food was excellent. Service was also right on target. Recommended for any occasion.Special Features:
- Nice FindSkipDined on 2/26/2014A modern, up-scale appearance from the street (Duval St) was the lure that brought us to dinner. Our table was at the rear, along the wall and afforded a comfortable ambiance that enabled peaceful conversation and an appreciation for the extraordinary service (Lisa and her bus associates were wonderful) and suburb food. The wine list was ambitious, but thankfully offered some reasonably priced and delicious wines as well. My only reservation was the selection of the background music and I suggested more suitable, Italian rather than the more "popular" music that played through dinner. Low lighting caused me to use a handy pocket light to read the menu (but I'm an old guy, afterall). Bottomline: We'd go back in a heart-beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better options on Key WestSmallpebblesDined on 2/24/2014Waiter seemed bored an unhelpful. Food average. Room dark and unimaginitive.
- A bad experienceKristopherDined on 2/23/2014We have often dined at Antonia's, usually a charming place with very good food. This year was disappointing. The waiter was unknowledgeable and rude. My dining partner has a lactose intolerance and in the past visits this was met with a very helpful response - it was never a problem. This year the waiter insisted that the chef would not make any accommodations, substitutions of any kind were forbidden and the whole experience was frustrating. Given the price of the food we found this unacceptable.Our meals were mediocre at best - my yellow tail snapper was drenched in butter and the broccoli rabe was inedible because of the huge amount of garlic gloves. My partners fettuccini with ragu was overcooked and the sauce disappointing.