Antonette's of Bellmore
2701 Merrick Rd
Bellmore, NY 11710Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Antonette's of Bellmore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 5162213416x
- Hours of Operation:
Our restaurant has closed
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Special Events: .
A word from Antonette's of Bellmore
Our restaurant has closedContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Antonette's of Bellmore reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (3)good for groups (2)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- tasty joint in BellmoregregfurnituremavenVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great food (why bother with the bread though) and service. Big portions at fair prices. Entertainment too. "Ill be back."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Music!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I shared the stuffed artichoke appetizer. It got better and better as we ate towards the center! Delicious. She had sautéed shrimp, I had seafood Fra-Diavolo over angel hair and we really enjoyed it! The Tartuffo had no flavor and my wife's favorite, Italian Cheesecake was not to her liking. The service was very good. The drinks from the bar were good. Then the band began to play. They were a very talented group. They played a nice variety of classic American pop songs! We really enjoyed them. They were a trio called 'Time Out'. It was a pleasant surprise for what we thought would be a typical Friday night dinner. We'd definitely do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Italian CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Classic old-fashioned Italian restaurant. Good Food, large servings, moderate prices. Only negative comment is that the bread was kind of bland and not fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkDinerDined on 6/3/2014Food was good, price was right it was a special promo throwback to the 1980's prices Atmosphere was nice, service was rude, we arrived at 8:45 which was our reservation time and the waiter was so rude telling us they close at 9
- The following 41 reviews are from the Antonette's of Bellmore reviews archive.
- Great Restaurant !OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/29/2014We continue to go to this Restaurant whenever we go to a concert in the area. Food is fantastic and the selections are top notch. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. I had the rack of lamb and my wife had the Salmon...both were superb. The desert was just an apple pie but it was baked with a delicious crust and ice cream made it excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood WinnerSonnyDined on 5/24/2014Antonette's is a quality establishment and we were glad we took a chance. Everything was tasty from the stuffed artichoke to the huge portions of pasta and to the chicken entrees we had. They accommodate kids too. The decor is simple and a little dated w pics of Frankie, Liz Taylor and old Hollywood. Staff was nice but could use some polishing to remove the rough edges. All in all, no regrets. We were treated very well and would return for a family meal again. This was a pleasant find and a cut above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fun Time was Had by All!!RosemaryDined on 5/17/2014We had a great time with our friends! The food was good and the entertainment was TERRIFIC!! We'll be back!!Special Features:
- YumFuntimesDined on 4/26/2014Met friends, food was great, service very friendly and had funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gas leak?OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/28/2014Upon entering the restaurant, it smelled like there was a natural gas leak. We inquired and were told they looked into the matter and it's ok. The smell was overpowering the whole evening. It made us uncomfortable and we won't be going back
- DecentFriendlyDined on 2/22/2014Good food & attentive service. Old World and old style. Decor & bathrooms need serious updating. Good musician on Sat. but night a bit too loud for normal table conversation, although volume was toned down when requested. Mostly a more mature crowd, but with some basic improvements it might attract a younger clientele. All in all, a decent neighborhood establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationJamieDined on 2/21/2014I went to celebrate my birthday & had an amazing time as I did back in January celebrating my boyfriend birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sucker for music while diningDuetDined on 2/14/2014The couple singing and a rose to each table was a nice touch. The food was good but there could have been more and they have to work on a better selection for the bread they serve.Special Features:
- ConsistentBlazeDined on 2/14/2014We have experienced two of the Antonette's restaurants. The food is always good. Music is a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have wanted to go to Antonette'sJASTDined on 2/7/2014We have wanted to go to Antonette's fro a long time -- finally made it and it did not disappoint. Beautifull decor, friendly staff and delicipus food. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were four of us. ThreebeazlyDined on 2/1/2014There were four of us. Three dishes were very good but the grilled shrimp were overcooked and dried out. Service was poor. Our waiter was very inattentive and aloof. May have been due to the fact that he had a large party seated right next to us and he was overwhelmed. Very noisy, which was fine for my group but not if you're looking for a quiet evening.Special Features:
- I would not recommend thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Service was horrible. They started flashing the lights at 11pm to leave on a Saturday night. Dishes and glasses were dropped, very long wait between courses. Man going from table to table trying to sell flowers .Rug and menus were dirty. Brought out dessert and never remembered the coffee.
- I'll Be BackDerekDined on 1/24/2014Positive dining experience. Food was good...Service was good...Restrooms were clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to the restaurantluvtodanceDined on 12/31/2013We went to the restaurant for New Years Eve. The food was delicious with a good variety to choose from. The music was great with a live band and lively crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disapppintmentjaneVIPDined on 12/20/2013Een to u restaurant 4 times. My food good but calamari and artichoke hard som e friends food not good and veggies dried up. Setvice not good. Waiter didn't come around as often. I did give free coffee and dessert. That is the least. We were getting charged for extra wine. Also music much too loud
- Dinner for 7RoniDined on 12/13/2013We were a group of seven. We were the only ones in the restaurant for the first hour and a half. The service was painfully slow. Dinner took 3 hours. Four people in our group ordered the same Dessert and they could only accommodate three.We started our meal at 5pm on a Friday night. We felt like we were being ignored. Had to flag down staff for attention. Dinner came to $65 A head. For that money I expect a lot more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Place To DineElleAgantDined on 11/28/2013I cannot say one negative word about my experience here. It is not hit or miss either because I have eaten here a few times now, and have not once had a bad experience. The food is delicious, very generous portions, and the service is great as well as the atmosphere. Recently had Thanksgiving dinner here and every family member loved it. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal@AntonetteslovetoeatDined on 11/23/2013We come for special occasions, we come for Saturday nights. Always a great meal. When they have live music, (which is almost every Sat) it's very special. They make food how you want it! Of course they have a menu, but theyll gladly make anything you want even if its not on the menu. They were packed on this particular night and if not for Opentable, I wouldve been eating at the bar. We arrived early and after a momentary wait we were seated right away, and before our reservation time despite the fact the restraunt was completely full. It pays to make reservations online! Will definetly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertainment NitefrequentdinnerguyDined on 11/7/2013We have brought friends on a few occasions to enjoy the sounds of a great male/female duet called Starstruck. I would plan my trips to Antonettes around that type of evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodrobrobDined on 10/11/2013Was looking for a place to eat with friends and was recommended Antonette's...Food was good...had a band playing on a Friday night...came around to ask us if we needed anything. Good neighborhood find.Special Features:
- Loved the food. Been hereAnttDined on 10/5/2013Loved the food. Been here several times and restaurant never disappoints. Highly recommend chicken travolta, eggplant rollatine as well as the pan seared scallops. Wide variety of choices. Food is fresh, tasty and delicious. Wait staff is very attentive. Never rushed. Hostess very friendly. Overall atmosphere is very pleasing. Entertainment on saturday evening is dining appropriate. Pleasant background music. Look forward to my next visitSpecial Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantMaureenDined on 9/27/2013Originally decided to go to Antonettes to see the band that was playing. Not only was the band great but the food was superb. Highly recommend. Can't wait to go back for a "girls night out"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old schoolOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/14/2013Very good food... All dishes prepared well. Service was just ok..could gave been better. The Saturday night singer was very good, but WAY too loud for dinner. It was more like a concert hall. Would def go back though... For the food .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and entertainment placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2013Thought the food was excellent. We went for the entertainment, as we knew one of the band members. Would go back again even on a night without entertainment. We would actually go again for the entertainment but would sit in the back room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really well doneEatOutOftenDined on 9/13/2013Tried for the first time Friday night and could not have asked for a better meal.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/24/2013Food really wasn't that great and service well 2 or 3 different people waited on us but really lost track of what was going on. Dinner took a really long time to be served. I would not return.
- Made like Mama's FoodLuv2eatoutVIPDined on 8/10/2013Took special orders from a picky group and everyone was delighted with their dish. Service was a cut-above for my Aunt's 77th Birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantJerryDined on 8/9/2013Greta food, music The best Filet Mignon I've ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient RestaurantDWBCPAVIPDined on 6/22/2013Host was excellent. Waitress appeared to be unexperienced. She took away two of our main dish plates while the 3rd person was still eating. Food was OK. May go back since this is a in a convenient location and give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisySwordfishDined on 5/18/2013I understand that parties are part of the services you provide but perhaps a door instead of a curtain to separate the party room from the main dining area? There was a children's party in full swing 15 feet from where we were seated and I must say it wasn't very pleasant for those on my side of the curtain. Shouting over the din is not what one expects when dining with friends and there was no way to know that we'd be entering at a time when a party was held. It will probably make me think twice before coming again, lest another surprise awaits us. At least I will ask about any party the next time I wish to entertain friends at your restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual! The food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013Great as usual! The food, the atmosphere, the "service!, our waiter Andrew goes beyond the call of duty, he is exceptional. The whole staff is friendly and professional. What a great place for diner and a live band, This has become one of my favorite nights out!Special Features:
- Grreat place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2013Took my girfriend fo a birthday dinner. We both enjoyed the food, the waiter service and the music. Will be there again in the near future.
- Really enjoyed the live entertainmeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Really enjoyed the live entertainment....a real plus.Special Features:
- I didn't know about Antonette'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2013I didn't know about Antonette's until my friend's band was playing there on a recent Friday night. We had a very nice dinner, the service was attentive, and the music and dancing made for a fun time. I would definitely recommend Antonette's and would welcome another opportunity to dine there in the future.
- Very good experience. WouldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Very good experience. Would definitely go back and recommend to others.Special Features:
- It was very cold. Food andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/24/2013It was very cold. Food and service was very good. Owner came over to say hi.Special Features: