Antonette's East Hills
290 Glen Cove Road
Roslyn Heights, NY 11577Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Antonette's East Hills
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.antonettesofeasthills.com/
- Phone: 5166266490x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday thru Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Sunday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm,
Tuesday thru Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On & Off Premise Catering Available
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment in the Martini Lounge Thursday's and Friday's.
A word from Antonette's East Hills
Dine with us once, and you've joined our family for life!Continued
Jim & The Antonette's Staff
Jim & The Antonette's Staff
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Antonette's East Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (14)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (12)romantic (11)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- satifactionSatisfiedDined on 9/9/2014As soon as I walked thru the door, I was greeted with smiles... Moses (My server) made me feel like I was family and that any request was possible. The staff was very professional.... especially Melvin, who despite works in the kitchen, was fast and efficient in clearing and delivering my dishes. I am looking forward to dining their again.Special Features:
- Great!!BarbieDined on 9/9/2014Food and service -outstanding- as usual. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time a plusBarbieDined on 8/26/2014Went with our family- including a set of 10 year old twins- staff was extremely friendly- food was great- service a little slow but they were very busy. Definitely will go backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014I had mu bridal shower here and I loved it so much that we went back for our first anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Antonette'sLawrysVIPDined on 8/22/2014We have had lunch here several times and have wanted to try it for dinner. So glad we finally did. From the moment Moses greeted us at the door, till we left it was a great experience. The food was outstanding. We weren't rushed in the least. The wine was a suggestion from Moses and it was great. The chocolate mousse cake that ended the meal was sinful, but so light. We will be back.Special Features:
- Loves to eat from SyossetLuv2eatfromSyossetDined on 8/16/2014A gem of a restaurant. Very warm and romantic environment. Service was very at tentative and wanted to please all in my party. Made suggestions and had a wealth of knowledge of the menu. Was. Willing to prepare the food as our party wanted it! The fried calamari was over done and was cheerfully taken back without issue. The soft shell crab was made as I had requested and were delicious. Desert was superb. I will return again anticipating a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Worth a tryWexcil70VIPDined on 7/15/2014Excellent neighborhood restaurant. Great food and value, especially 1980's throw back Tuesdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeG8foodDined on 7/8/2014Food was delicious. The prices are very reasonable and the service was excellent. Our server, Chris, was very personable and helped us pick out wonderful choices for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A. Personal. Touch.love2eatVIPDined on 7/6/2014This place is amazing, the food, the service and the ambience. This place has a very "homey" feeling. You go there and everyone treats you like family. I would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/3/2014returning for the second time upon entering a stale smell greeted us but luckily dissapated in a bit. nice waiter very knowledgable and friendly. three out of four went for price fix dinner. fish was dry but tasty steat was very chewy and grisly. a server when setting the table about for us touches the fork and knife with his fingers on the part you eat with. i wanted to tell the owner but after the first few minutes he was no where to be found. i will give it one more try because i feel it is a worthy restaurant and worth another try.
- Good Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Had dinner with some friends the other night at Antonettes. Everything was great from the food to the service. The only drawback was when we walked many of the seats at the bar were reserved and there were 4 of us so we couldn't sit down and have a drink before dinner, was a little disappointed in that. Other than that would definitely go back again and highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Great food, location, & priceJunkyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Located on Glen Cove Rd, just a mile from the LIE and 1.5 mi from the Northern State, Antonette's is conveniently located. The food is great, and the prices are much more reasonable than the predecessors at the same location. we had 10 people there for a graduation dinner, and they worked hard to take care of us, including taking many pictures of the family, inside and out.Special Features:
- Absolutely Divine!DeeDeeDined on 6/26/2014What a fantastic evening! From the service, to the food and the décor, it was all excellent. We were not rushed and were able to enjoy each course before continuing on with the next. I really can't say anything bad. This is a beautiful restaurant. Love the décor and pictures. I had the mushroom appetizer with balsamic dressing, orange salad and eggplant for dinner. The menu is extensive. They really have something for everyone and Specials to boot! It was good AND most importantly, it was all fresh! After dining we all went to the bar to enjoy a few cocktails. They had a solo performer who was amazing. I believe his name was Brian. This was the cherry on top to a perfect Thursday night out. One of our new favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Had a first date last night and so glad I picked this restaurant to go to! What great food and excellent service! I had Chicken Saltimbocca for dinner which was delicious. Followed up by homemade Tiramisu for dessert which was amazing. The staff made us feel extremely welcome and comfortable. Will definitely be going back for a second date:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst dining experience I've had!RededDined on 6/21/2014The noise level in the restaurant was deafening! The table next to us was screaming the entire time, possibly because they were intoxicated. I would have expected someone on the staff would have said something to them but that never happened. Conversely, the waiter was adding fuel to the fire was laughing and conversing with them! Our waiter was inexperienced and it showed. It took way too long for all of our items to make it to the table, including the drinks. The food was ok. Unfortunately, not too much positive to say.
- Dreary placeChuckDined on 6/18/2014This place has changed names several times, but its latest incarnation is no improvement. Food was good, but the place was depressing and had an unpleasant odor. I think it has no chance to survive for long.
- Great neighborhood findroslynladyDined on 6/3/2014We've been to Antonette's for lunch and dinner before but never for Roll Back Tuesday when prices are from the 80's. We usuallly dine on a Friday or Saturday night but now with theses bargain prices we were inspired to go there during the week. Smart move to fill the restaurant- and it was filled. Excellent Caesar's salad, Marsala sauce is superb. Chocolate mousse is as excellent as I make! Many good choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 56 reviews are from the Antonette's East Hills reviews archive.
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014They took our reservation for 7 PM. They had two parties booked and told us they couldn't seat us until at least 7:30. WE left since the noise level would have been intolerable
- Great food!Msanch123Dined on 5/9/2014Great food! Loved this restaurant. Wen't with my parents and they enjoyed it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but a bit hecticloverestaurantsVIPDined on 4/26/2014We've been to this restaurant under several different ownerships. The food at Antonette is quite good. The salads, fish, and pasta, were all fresh and tasty. But the service was not great. It took a long time to get a glass of wine, and the staff seemed quite harried. It was noisy a rather raucous atmosphere. But since it was a good meal, we probably will be back, maybe on a night other than Saturday.Special Features:
- Great but noisyJackieVIPDined on 4/25/2014We love Antoinette's but when they have a party on the second floor it's just too noisy for everyone to hear. Not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/11/2014I came here because a band I like was playing. The lay out is a little strange, there is a dining room on the main floor along with a bar. The upstairs has another dining room which has a catering hall feel to it. The band played upstairs, it reminded me of a wedding, people eating dinner and just watching the band there wasn't any room to dance. People were standing all around the room. The food was ok nothing special.
- Horrible service Ok food.BethVIPDined on 4/11/2014Was told that our service was interminable because there was a party for 110 people upstairs. Should have said that when I made the reservation.
- The food and service was greatFoodLoversTravelVIPDined on 4/9/2014The food and service was great as usual. This is one of our go-to places for both special occasions and when we just want some great Italian food. Very attentive and accommodating staff.Special Features:
- Food Loverlove2eatVIPDined on 4/4/2014Would definitely recommend this place…a great ambiance and delicious italian foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, overly prominent musicschneid21VIPDined on 3/28/2014The food here was very good. The negative, (and it was a big one for us) was that the volume of the music prohibited quiet enjoyment and conversation between friends. At one point piped in Muzak (which was too loud) was replaced by an old fashioned (think fifties rat pack with a bit of Neal Diamond thrown in) crooner singing along with karaoke soundtrack over the PA. It was too much, and management explained that the music is part of their dining experience. That was certainly the case on the evening we were there! In terms of service, the well meaning staff was often too present, checking in too often, etc. I'm a little sad about the noise level because otherwise Antonette's is a nice place that we would frequent regularly.
- New lunch menuFridayLunchClubVIPDined on 3/14/2014We are a group of men who have been meeting for Friday lunch for over 25 years. We visit the best of the North Shore restaurants. This restaurant just announced that they were serving a special luncheon menu, so we decided to try it. All of our members raved about the quality of the food. The cost including tax and tips was under $20 a person. We don't look for cheap places but given the quality of the food I do have to point out how inexpensive it was. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2014We have been here before for a Communion and the food was excellent. We came in for lunch and had a nice quiet table with excellent service. The food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jim does it againFrankieDined on 2/22/2014Antonettes of East Hills is great Owner friendly, food excellent special always fresh. Never had a bad meal FrankSpecial Features:
- DeliciousAmyDVIPDined on 2/15/2014A friend brought us to this restaurant and we keep bringing our friends and family. The location is ideal, ambience is romantic, service is excellent and most important the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time to Antonettes.HowardKDined on 2/14/2014First time to Antonettes. Exceelent food and wonderful, friendly service. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was just exceptional.AMGNVIPDined on 1/18/2014Service was just exceptional. Great experience. Look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood findAmyDVIPDined on 1/11/2014Great restaurant - friendly and attentive staff, pretty atmosphere, excellent food. We would certainly go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delicious!caseyDined on 12/31/2013We have dined at Antonette's on several occasions and celebrated my birthday with a large group in a private room. The food is always delicious and the staff is knowledgeable and attentive. The owner - Jimmy - is always around checking in to be sure his customers are happy. Try the veal and chicken with chestnut sauce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticFoodLoversTravelVIPDined on 12/21/2013One of our favorite restaurants and one which we take friends to experience with us. Great food, creative specials and outstanding service. Just make sure you don't sit right in front of the fireplace in winter as you will be toasty. And if they have a band playing make sure that you are not on top of the band. Otherwise you can't go wrong in this, the best of Antoinette's three restaurants on Long Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very confusing.MaryVIPDined on 12/13/2013Service was very confusing. Manager, waitress, and bus boy all taking different orders at our table of 8 but items took forever to come and neither server knew what the other was covering. Restaurant was empty yet all who served us seemed to disappear for long periods of time. Owner of restaurant was sitting in back of restaurant and that was where the attention was given. 3 fish dishes were over cooked and dry but all pasta dishes were enjoyed. Fourth time at this restaurant and will not return. Overall, food was just ok.
- Food was just fair. Not outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/12/2013Food was just fair. Not outstanding. Would not go back so quickly. During the week the restaurant is empty. It's like eating in your own kitchen. Not very festive.Special Features:
- My new favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/7/2013I love this place, excellent food. The bartender frank is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was beyond horrible.DebsDined on 11/16/2013The service was beyond horrible. Although the food was good, it was not good enough to get me back to a place where I waited 90 minutes after ordering for the first course. The entree came out wrong. The staff was inattentive and inexperienced. .
- our server Judy was fantasticlindadDined on 10/26/2013our server Judy was fantastic !! very informative and spoke with great claritySpecial Features: