Antonette's East Hills
290 Glen Cove Road
Roslyn Heights, NY 11577Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Antonette's East Hills
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.antonettesofeasthills.com/
- Phone: (516) 626-6490
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday thru Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Sunday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm,
Tuesday thru Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On & Off Premise Catering Available
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment in the Martini Lounge Thursday's and Friday's.
A word from Antonette's East Hills
Dine with us once, and you've joined our family for life!Continued
Jim & The Antonette's Staff
Jim & The Antonette's Staff
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Antonette's East Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (12)romantic (8)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- FrankieDined on 11/25/2014It has been one of our favoriets for years. We have visited all of the resturantsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Too loud, too crowded, food was run of the mill, service was marginal.
- Will not be back!PamBVIPDined on 11/21/2014We made the reservation based on your reviews. When we walked thru the door, the music from the bar was so loud and inappropriate song selection for the type of restaurant it was. The waiter was kind enough to ask the musician to lower the volume (as he also got complaints from another table regarding the music), however the bar is open and right next to the restaurant area so it didn't really help. We decided to leave without ordering and go to another restaurant. We love music while dining, but this music was not appropriate for the type of restaurant it was. We will not be going back.
- Solid FoodjgrahamiiiVIPDined on 11/18/2014Enjoyed a slightly limited menu for Turn Back Tuesday with 1980's prices. Despite lower price, the portions were good sized and well prepared. Only complaint at all was the meatball, which was way too bready. Hard pressed to find much meat in this ball. However, pasta included was ample and perfectly al dente. Veal Milanese was nice quality veal and substantial in size, though pounded thin. Eggplant Rollatini appetizer was two large pieces that would have made a meal in itself with a side of pasta. Grilled portobello appetizer was even better. Meatball was a clear abberation. Will be back to try regular menu at some point soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid ItalianGolferDined on 11/8/2014First time trying this restaurant. Service was good and owner constantly walked around to check everything was fine. Food was solid but not spectacular. Restaurant did not overbook so we had a leisurely meal. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very thrilledDSUNDined on 10/28/2014I went on a Tuesday with a reservation. Although waited by the sign" Valet Parking", no one showed up to park. There were some cars parked in the middle of the lot with driver side door open. Not sure if there was a valet attendant, after 5 minutes waiting, I went inside, the host and hostess were not surprised when I told them I have been waiting for 5 minutes. They said he probably was busy and that was it. I did not know Tuesday was their special night. Even though I made a reservation, I waited additional 40 minutes for the table. The hosts did not make attempt to be hospitable. The manager came around apologized for the wait. Food was average, but the wait was ridiculous. I would not go there to wait again.
- Wife's birthday dinberNorthshoreeaterDined on 9/30/2014Enjoyed the food, ambiance, and service - elegant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satifactionSatisfiedDined on 9/9/2014As soon as I walked thru the door, I was greeted with smiles... Moses (My server) made me feel like I was family and that any request was possible. The staff was very professional.... especially Melvin, who despite works in the kitchen, was fast and efficient in clearing and delivering my dishes. I am looking forward to dining their again.Special Features:
- Great!!BarbieDined on 9/9/2014Food and service -outstanding- as usual. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time a plusBarbieDined on 8/26/2014Went with our family- including a set of 10 year old twins- staff was extremely friendly- food was great- service a little slow but they were very busy. Definitely will go backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014I had mu bridal shower here and I loved it so much that we went back for our first anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Antonette'sLawrysVIPDined on 8/22/2014We have had lunch here several times and have wanted to try it for dinner. So glad we finally did. From the moment Moses greeted us at the door, till we left it was a great experience. The food was outstanding. We weren't rushed in the least. The wine was a suggestion from Moses and it was great. The chocolate mousse cake that ended the meal was sinful, but so light. We will be back.Special Features:
- Loves to eat from SyossetLuv2eatfromSyossetDined on 8/16/2014A gem of a restaurant. Very warm and romantic environment. Service was very at tentative and wanted to please all in my party. Made suggestions and had a wealth of knowledge of the menu. Was. Willing to prepare the food as our party wanted it! The fried calamari was over done and was cheerfully taken back without issue. The soft shell crab was made as I had requested and were delicious. Desert was superb. I will return again anticipating a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- The following 68 reviews are from the Antonette's East Hills reviews archive.
- Good FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Great Service they work with you to find the perfect meal. Good food. Beautiful place. Would recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Worth a tryWexcil70VIPDined on 7/15/2014Excellent neighborhood restaurant. Great food and value, especially 1980's throw back Tuesdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeG8foodDined on 7/8/2014Food was delicious. The prices are very reasonable and the service was excellent. Our server, Chris, was very personable and helped us pick out wonderful choices for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A. Personal. Touch.love2eatVIPDined on 7/6/2014This place is amazing, the food, the service and the ambience. This place has a very "homey" feeling. You go there and everyone treats you like family. I would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/3/2014returning for the second time upon entering a stale smell greeted us but luckily dissapated in a bit. nice waiter very knowledgable and friendly. three out of four went for price fix dinner. fish was dry but tasty steat was very chewy and grisly. a server when setting the table about for us touches the fork and knife with his fingers on the part you eat with. i wanted to tell the owner but after the first few minutes he was no where to be found. i will give it one more try because i feel it is a worthy restaurant and worth another try.
- Good Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Had dinner with some friends the other night at Antonettes. Everything was great from the food to the service. The only drawback was when we walked many of the seats at the bar were reserved and there were 4 of us so we couldn't sit down and have a drink before dinner, was a little disappointed in that. Other than that would definitely go back again and highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Great food, location, & priceJunkyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Located on Glen Cove Rd, just a mile from the LIE and 1.5 mi from the Northern State, Antonette's is conveniently located. The food is great, and the prices are much more reasonable than the predecessors at the same location. we had 10 people there for a graduation dinner, and they worked hard to take care of us, including taking many pictures of the family, inside and out.Special Features:
- Absolutely Divine!DeeDeeDined on 6/26/2014What a fantastic evening! From the service, to the food and the décor, it was all excellent. We were not rushed and were able to enjoy each course before continuing on with the next. I really can't say anything bad. This is a beautiful restaurant. Love the décor and pictures. I had the mushroom appetizer with balsamic dressing, orange salad and eggplant for dinner. The menu is extensive. They really have something for everyone and Specials to boot! It was good AND most importantly, it was all fresh! After dining we all went to the bar to enjoy a few cocktails. They had a solo performer who was amazing. I believe his name was Brian. This was the cherry on top to a perfect Thursday night out. One of our new favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Had a first date last night and so glad I picked this restaurant to go to! What great food and excellent service! I had Chicken Saltimbocca for dinner which was delicious. Followed up by homemade Tiramisu for dessert which was amazing. The staff made us feel extremely welcome and comfortable. Will definitely be going back for a second date:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst dining experience I've had!RededDined on 6/21/2014The noise level in the restaurant was deafening! The table next to us was screaming the entire time, possibly because they were intoxicated. I would have expected someone on the staff would have said something to them but that never happened. Conversely, the waiter was adding fuel to the fire was laughing and conversing with them! Our waiter was inexperienced and it showed. It took way too long for all of our items to make it to the table, including the drinks. The food was ok. Unfortunately, not too much positive to say.
- Dreary placeChuckDined on 6/18/2014This place has changed names several times, but its latest incarnation is no improvement. Food was good, but the place was depressing and had an unpleasant odor. I think it has no chance to survive for long.
- Great neighborhood findroslynladyDined on 6/3/2014We've been to Antonette's for lunch and dinner before but never for Roll Back Tuesday when prices are from the 80's. We usuallly dine on a Friday or Saturday night but now with theses bargain prices we were inspired to go there during the week. Smart move to fill the restaurant- and it was filled. Excellent Caesar's salad, Marsala sauce is superb. Chocolate mousse is as excellent as I make! Many good choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/17/2014They took our reservation for 7 PM. They had two parties booked and told us they couldn't seat us until at least 7:30. WE left since the noise level would have been intolerable
- Great food!Msanch123Dined on 5/9/2014Great food! Loved this restaurant. Wen't with my parents and they enjoyed it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but a bit hecticloverestaurantsVIPDined on 4/26/2014We've been to this restaurant under several different ownerships. The food at Antonette is quite good. The salads, fish, and pasta, were all fresh and tasty. But the service was not great. It took a long time to get a glass of wine, and the staff seemed quite harried. It was noisy a rather raucous atmosphere. But since it was a good meal, we probably will be back, maybe on a night other than Saturday.Special Features:
- Great but noisyJackieVIPDined on 4/25/2014We love Antoinette's but when they have a party on the second floor it's just too noisy for everyone to hear. Not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/11/2014I came here because a band I like was playing. The lay out is a little strange, there is a dining room on the main floor along with a bar. The upstairs has another dining room which has a catering hall feel to it. The band played upstairs, it reminded me of a wedding, people eating dinner and just watching the band there wasn't any room to dance. People were standing all around the room. The food was ok nothing special.
- Horrible service Ok food.BethVIPDined on 4/11/2014Was told that our service was interminable because there was a party for 110 people upstairs. Should have said that when I made the reservation.
- The food and service was greatFoodLoversTravelVIPDined on 4/9/2014The food and service was great as usual. This is one of our go-to places for both special occasions and when we just want some great Italian food. Very attentive and accommodating staff.Special Features:
- Food Loverlove2eatVIPDined on 4/4/2014Would definitely recommend this place…a great ambiance and delicious italian foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, overly prominent musicschneid21VIPDined on 3/28/2014The food here was very good. The negative, (and it was a big one for us) was that the volume of the music prohibited quiet enjoyment and conversation between friends. At one point piped in Muzak (which was too loud) was replaced by an old fashioned (think fifties rat pack with a bit of Neal Diamond thrown in) crooner singing along with karaoke soundtrack over the PA. It was too much, and management explained that the music is part of their dining experience. That was certainly the case on the evening we were there! In terms of service, the well meaning staff was often too present, checking in too often, etc. I'm a little sad about the noise level because otherwise Antonette's is a nice place that we would frequent regularly.
- New lunch menuFridayLunchClubVIPDined on 3/14/2014We are a group of men who have been meeting for Friday lunch for over 25 years. We visit the best of the North Shore restaurants. This restaurant just announced that they were serving a special luncheon menu, so we decided to try it. All of our members raved about the quality of the food. The cost including tax and tips was under $20 a person. We don't look for cheap places but given the quality of the food I do have to point out how inexpensive it was. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2014We have been here before for a Communion and the food was excellent. We came in for lunch and had a nice quiet table with excellent service. The food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jim does it againFrankieDined on 2/22/2014Antonettes of East Hills is great Owner friendly, food excellent special always fresh. Never had a bad meal FrankSpecial Features:
- DeliciousAmyDVIPDined on 2/15/2014A friend brought us to this restaurant and we keep bringing our friends and family. The location is ideal, ambience is romantic, service is excellent and most important the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time to Antonettes.HowardKDined on 2/14/2014First time to Antonettes. Exceelent food and wonderful, friendly service. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was just exceptional.AMGNVIPDined on 1/18/2014Service was just exceptional. Great experience. Look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.