3800 South Plaza Drive
Santa Ana, CA 92704Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.antonello.com/
- Phone: 7147517153
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gino Buonanoce / Sal Ferrara
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Antonello offers many options to meet your event needs. Our kitchen staff can accommodate cocktail events, intimate dining parties, business dinner and luncheons. We have seven private rooms that can accommodate parties from 2 to 100 guests. Each event is personalized to meet your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Vicenta Canton 7147551195
- Cross Street: Sunflower & Plaza
- Public Transit: Going to the theater or Opera at Orange County Performing Arts why not have dinner at Antonello, leave your car in our parking lot and take our complimentary shuttle to and from the theater. When making reservation please inquire about the theater shuttle program
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary Valet & Self parking
A word from Antonello Ristorante
At Antonello Ristorante, we transport you to not just another place, but to another time. As you walk into Antonello's Main Dining Room, a typical scene from the streets of Bistango, Italy comes alive.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Antonello Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Santa Ana ›
Antonello Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)romantic (38)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (26)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (19)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- The food & service is always great!EddieRVIPDined on 10/18/2014Best Italian restaurant in Orange County! Large portions and great prices. The food and service are excellent for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServicecentanniDined on 9/26/2014The server was able to read his patrons. For example, my wife and I like to sit and have a long European style dinning experience. The table next to us was in a hurry. Our waiter handled both situations perfectly. He was attentive without being annoying. The food was great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meal with friendsksb48VIPDined on 9/26/2014We went to Antonellos to celebrate a birthday....we shared Bruschetta and the fresh bread on the table was out of this world with it's dipping spread. Watermelon cocktail was delicious followed by Super Tuscan wine by the glass. One gal had Gnocchi, one had pasta primavera (which was not on the menu and made special) and I had linguini with clams. Everything was hot/delicious and perfectly seasoned. They followed with a free birthday dessert and the girls ordered spumoni. It was a great evening....servers are top notch....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!TwofwwVIPDined on 9/20/20143 of us dining for a birthday celebration. All 3 meals were excellent. I had pasta with beef short ribs, others had veal chop and risotto entree. Service was also great. Love this restaurant!Special Features:
- NewportNicDined on 9/13/2014Consistently excellent food and great service. Atmosphere is energetic, but we did not feel rushed and were able to stay at our table as long as we wanted. They have nice private dining rooms for larger groups or events.Special Features:
- Incredible food, wine & service.EddieCDined on 9/5/2014The best Italian dining in OC. Our favorite restaurant for 35 years.Special Features:
- AmazingKathleenDined on 9/2/2014This is one place I always wanted to go and finally got to go and it was so good! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Awesomeness!!!AbbyDined on 8/28/2014My boyfriend and I came here for his birthday. They made it so special. The managers came to our table several times to check if everything was ok, everything was awesome!!! my boyfriend got cowboy steak, and OMG! it melts in your mouth, it was nothing but deliciousness! and i got the osso buck which was delicious as well! we'll definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodjjfoodieVIPDined on 8/21/2014The food was good and the service was attentive. However, the air conditioning was way too cold.Special Features:
- Great!!!!MelkusDined on 8/20/2014I booked this place for my daughters birthday because she love italian food! I have been here once before so I knew she would without a doubt love this place. The food is excellent the servers are great and they go the extra mile to make sure you have an excellent time in their fine establishment. So if you like true italian then this is the place you need to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food in a noisy settingThk22VIPDined on 8/18/2014The restaurant was packed on a Tuesday during Restaurant Week. There were several large groups which made a romantic setting a difficult place to talk and hear. The food was good and the service excellent. We plan to return on a less hectic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious with vast menuTarheelvisitorDined on 8/16/2014Something for everyone on the menu. We had 2 in our party who were vegan and they had several options as well. Wine list was on the expensive side. Very attentive service from everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Antonello's - a gemJMcGDined on 8/14/2014Antonello's has amazing in-house made Italian food - that I knew. The discovery was the warm dining room, service attention by all staff including owner Antonio, seamless meal delivery, attention to detail. Prices moderate. We started with the prosciutto (excellent, from Italy) and melon (needed more) with mozzarella. My husband and I sampled 2 home made pasta dishes -the Rotelli was a dream with creamy vodka sauce amazing cheese mixture, we slowly ate and savored this. The Papparedelle with short ribs was good. The side of sausage and peppers was excellent. The house brought a BDay desert and we ordered Tiiramisu. Cappuccionos were average, roast not as full flavored as would be expected, not very hot. Overall meal was lovely.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014Never had a bad meal here. Nice bar and staff always friendly and making sure guests are served promptly and are comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014The food was great. The service outstanding. The rib eye was cooked to perfection and was very tender!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love AntonelloCruise2eatVIPDined on 8/1/2014We have been dining at Antonello for well over 30 years. It is a very special restaurant. We feel like part of the family when ever we go for dinner. One of the few restaurants in OC where you can actually have a conversation with the people who are with you. SUCH A PLEASURE. The food is always prepared per request. The chef is so flexible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian restaurant in OCnbs1110815VIPDined on 8/1/2014Antonellos continues to be our favorite Italian restaurant. They will go out of their way to please you and allow you to order items no longer on the menu. Get the fried mozzarella. The chicken milanese and veal milanese are the best. For a great evening book the Cucina if you have 8-12 people. Sommelier Steve is very knowledgeable as to the wines and always has excellent recommendations that are affordable.Special Features:
- LoboVIPDined on 7/29/2014Outstanding dining experience. The Spaghetti Carbonara as a split first course, then the Mediterranean Sea Bass (Branzino) was absolutely delicate and flavorful. Will definitely return to this wonderful Italian restaurant!Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsPicosoDined on 7/24/2014My niece, 16, had just finished a season of softball and wanted to go have a fancy meal to celebrate. We certainly weren't big ticket diners but neither of us are strangers to fine dining either. Since neither of us were familiar with the area I did some searching, found Antonello, made an Opentable reservation, and off we went. The food was superb and very well described by our waiter, who was very attentive. The atmosphere was very classy without that tacky feel that sometimes accompanies such restaurants. A huge selling point for me is that it's not a chain. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Great traditional Italian FoodDiner10Dined on 7/23/2014They offered a pre fixe lunch menu which included a salad, a choice from 3 entrees and gelato for dessert for only $20.00 per person. The food was excellent and this was a very good value for a restaurant of this caliber. My friend and I decided to try the sole and the spaghetti carbonara. We told them we were going to share so we could each taste some of the food and they were very nice and split the entrees in the kitchen. The portions were generous and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old SchoolDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 7/21/2014Came here for lunch with a date who prides himself on being a foodie, I thought this place would impress him, unfortunately he did not like it at all. He said the food was extremely average for high prices. I have to agree, nothing served had that "wow" factor. Including us there were only two tables occupied which may account for the very good service. Another place to cross off my list.Special Features:
- OutstandingRosmicVIPDined on 7/18/2014This is our first time and we were very impressed with the service, the food and the ambiance. Don't pass this one up.Special Features:
- Great findMunchkinDined on 7/18/2014Love this restaurant. It was by accident we found it but now we keep coming back . This is old world service, the absolute best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a wonderful eveningfinediningdivaDined on 7/12/2014I took my boyfriend for his birthday dinner with good friends and couldn't have asked for a better experience. As always, the food was amazing, service was excellent and the ambiance was elegant but not stuffy. Drinks with Chiro in the bar is always a good place to start. I highly recommend the mushroom risotto, veal shank and lamb chops as they were mouth-wateringly sublime. You can't go wrong here. A great place for adults to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatoutalotDined on 7/12/2014the food was delicious and beautifully presented. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodnewportfoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014We've dined here a ton of times over the years and wanted to try their "new menu" as they sent us an email outlining the items. We chose crudos -- the mushroom and the swordfish as appetizers and I had the veal scallopini and my husband the tagliolini with veal and porcini. All were excellent. Service was kind of weird -- we starting with one waiter, then the matire 'd took our order and then someone else became our waiter -- strange for a 5 pm reservation when the restaurant was not busy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Decent RestaurantFineDinerVIPDined on 6/26/2014Given that Orange County lacks some real good Italian Restaurants, this is the best among the lot, and prices are reasonable. Food ingredients are usually high quality Italian products. Often over-seasoned, which they should refrain from, given the quality of ingredients they use. Pasta often overcooked. Can get plenty of attention from the wait staff, but some of them are not very knowledgeable. Steve the sommelier is attentive, but the wine list is somewhat limited and cannot find the best. Particularly if you are a fan of French wine, no luck. At this level of establishment, they should carry French Burgundy and Bordeaux. Excellent place to have parties in private rooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningSpecialEveningDined on 6/26/2014This is not our first time dining at Antonello's and we've never been disappointed. It's so nice to enjoy an adult evening at a restaurant where everything from the decor to the service makes the evening extra special. The service and atmosphere is amazing and the food is always excellent. No need to worry about making it to your after dinner plans on time, because your schedule is always considered and respected.Special Features:
- fooddjhmcDined on 6/25/2014Not up to our expectations. His dish osobuco was swimming in sauce. The saffron in the one dish was over powering. The sea bass was very good.Special Features:
- The following 444 reviews are from the Antonello Ristorante reviews archive.
- Magnifico!DogsBestFriendVIPDined on 6/18/2014The BEST Italian restaurant in Southern California!Special Features:
- Lived up to its reputationdrferryDined on 6/14/2014Great food and even greater service. They asked if the dinner was a special occasion and brought out an extra desert at no charge when told it was our anniversary!Special Features:
- Spectacular ServiceRickNDined on 6/14/2014We had a party of 12, so we reserved one of the rooms. It was nice since you could hear everyone at the table. It was for my daughter and her boyfriends graduation from college so it was a special occasion. It was even more so since her boyfriend's family flew in from Japan. The service was awesome. I asked for appetizers for the entire table and our waiter had the kitchen give us something delicious that wasn't even on the menu. The food tasted amazing too. Great service and great food made for an memorable experience! Thanks Antonello Ristorante!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceenjoyLifeDined on 6/12/2014The service is unparalleled here. It is a wonderful treat to find service as it really should be. The food is excellent as well. It's a little pricey, so we usually come here for special occasions. I'm never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great...Once again.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/30/2014The service and quality was once again right on. I ordered the Veal Chop Melanesia style with side of angel hair (al dente) with arabiata sauce (excellent), however portion was way to small. Especially for paying top dollar for a fine dinner. Why skimp on the pasta and sauce? Overall everyone enjoy their meals (Rack of Lamb, Branzino). Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- EleniADined on 5/23/2014We had a wonderful meal, great cocktails and wine and the location where we were seated was perfect in every way. The waiters were very attentive and helpful. All in all, a great experience. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- dinnerdjhmcDined on 5/23/2014I wanted a veal dish not on the menu and the server said not a problem. Delicious and a surprise birthday desert. Highly recommend Antonello Ristorante.Special Features:
- Special BirthdayFrankDined on 5/20/2014Ernesto made a birthday lunch very special.. The food was excellent. Our booth private. Wonderful experience . and it was a great value ..!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A 30 Year TreasurehbfletchDined on 5/10/2014Expensive, but worth it for those special occasions...birthdays, graduations and anytime you want an excellent Italian meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum yum yumOcMommaDined on 4/26/2014Great night away from the kids. The lasagne was amazing.Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchAandDDined on 4/17/2014My wife and I each ordered a salad. Our waiter suggested adding grilled shrimp. Terrific idea as the shrimps were large, nicely seasoned and cooked to perfection - done but still moist and tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.