9800 Hyatt Resort Drive
San Antonio, TX 78251Neighborhood:
North San Antonio
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://hillcountry.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels-hillcountry/entertainment/dining_detail.jsp?itemDesc=fboutlet&itemId=1003122
- Phone: 2105204001
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm to 10pm
Closed: Sunday & Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Troy Knapp
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For parties of 15 or larger, please contact our Food & Beverage office for reservations and menu selections. (210)647-1234 ext. 6216
A word from Antlers Lodge
Savor the eclectic flavors and welcoming ambiance you'll experience at our signature San Antonio restaurant. Open kitchen, elegant wood furnishings and an inviting fireplace give this spacious dining room the feel of an upscale country lodge. Crowned by its namesake, an impressive chandelier created from 500 pairs of naturally shed antlers, Antlers Lodge serves up a tantalizing menu filled with innovative twists on traditional Texas fare. Wine and dine a new client over perfectly prepared entrees such as Bison Tenderloin and Antelope, or enjoy a romantic dinner for two, complete with decadent desserts. Locally harvested ingredients and succulent regional specialties complement each exquisite creation from Executive Chef Troy Knapp. Whether you prefer fish, fowl or game, you'll discover mouthwatering treats from the first taste of your appetizer to your satisfying desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Antlers Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (17)romantic (16)fit for foodies (14)scenic view (13)notable wine list (8)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OutstandingRickDined on 9/13/2014Our waiter , Adam was great. He recommended the elk steak and I was not disappointed. My wife had the filet mignonette and to was cooked to perfection. Defiantly would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningCckkDined on 8/15/2014We had a great time at the Antlers. We had a large party which included 3 children and were treated wonderfully. The service was impeccable and the food was delicious. Our steaks were prepared perfectly and our crowd loved the potatoes au gratin. Desserts are a must as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2014Interesting and expansive menu. Offering lots of varied game choices- not great for those who don't enjoy wild game or red meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR SERVICE/FOODBADNIGHTDined on 7/19/2014I ordered a 10 oz steak and ended being served a 5 oz steak the same my wife ordered. The manager came over and said let them make the 10 oz for me. He came back with it about 15 minutes later and it was "grey" in color. It was the worst steak I have eaten. Jalapeno potatoes were good.
- Ok but the waiter was too busyExpectantFoodieDined on 7/19/2014We spend 300 and expected better service and the quality of the food was so so, at bestSpecial Features:
- Simply amazingShanYoVIPDined on 7/19/2014One of the best dining experiences I've ever had. Impeccable service by Vincent, amazing food. We had the antelope and bison, which were both prepared perfectly! I highly recommend this restaurant for business or pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your typical hotel restaurantcavdocVIPDined on 7/18/2014Service was superb, food outstanding, menu interestong. Don't ignore the specials. A great birthday dinner for my bride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food!2pickyDined on 7/14/2014This was our fourth trip to the Hyatt Regency for vacation. We've eaten at Antler's Lodge each time and have loved it every time. The service was fantastic and the food was perfectly delicious. It was relaxing and had a beautiful view. Enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KidsJAD1992Dined on 7/12/2014Screaming kids does not make for a relaxing dinner. I assume you want to be known as a kid friendly resteraunt Redfish was great. Sides were great. Steak less than average tasted old like a microwave tasteSpecial Features:
- 3HoustoniansDined on 6/30/2014The food was outstanding; they even prepared an item not on their menu at our special request. The service was fabulous. The atmosphere was beautiful. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!LindyDined on 6/26/2014We went here for our anniversary. Great service and delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded my expectationsHappyEatingDined on 6/17/2014I expect all resort hotels to have at least one nice restaurant. What exceeded my expectations was the local produce and subtle flavors in many of the dishes. Hints of smoked cheese in the mashed potatoes, a slice of fresh peach accompanying my filet mignon, a bit of honey whipped into the butter. Never overpowering, but just the right blend of flavors. AND I really appreciated the 5 oz filet mignon option. I never eat a large portion of red meat. To be able to order a smaller portion and have it cooked to perfection was a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinnerluv2dineVIPDined on 6/14/2014Antlers Lodge at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa was a wonderful and quite evening. Food was very good, service was fine although at times a tad slower than you might like, but allows for wonderful conversation with your spouse or family. The food was excellent, including the salads, entree's and vegetables which can be shared table style.Special Features:
- Different TasteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2014The food was a great quality and suprises to the taste budsSpecial Features:
- FantasticWorfbagDined on 6/13/2014We found this place to be one of the best restaurants in San Antonio. Nice selection of organics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hyatt Hill CountryRedR8drDined on 6/11/2014If you are staying at the HHC make reservations in advance. Excellent food for a restaurant in a hotel. Not the usual, they specialize in dishes such as fried oysters, elk, grilled snapper, and specials such as antelope and wild boar chops. Wait staff are what you would expect at a resort but very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where were the tablecloths?TuniesmomVIPDined on 6/11/2014A very nice restaurant but the menu was a bit limited. We expected, for the prices, a bit more elegance. White tablecloths would have helped. Lovely setting.
- Extremely underwhelmed!TXFoodieDined on 6/10/2014Me, my wife and my daughter (13) dined at the Hyatt Spa and Resort signature restaurant in San Antonio. We were excited about eating here because the reviews were all very good. We showed up on time, and were promptly seated, and to be honest, this was the best part of the experience. When you walk in to a reataurant and look around, you can immediately tell if the staff is moving about comfortably, or if there is component of stress associated with there movements. This restaurant was extremely stressed, and it showed in their faces, and the way they interacted with their customers. To statrt, the waitress had no idea what was on the menu or how to expalin the menu items, asking any questions, or looking to replace or add a menu item.
- Hotel GuestJodyenergyDined on 6/6/2014The food was excellent from top to bottom, Have just arrived to work Monday morning and I am sending messages to all my San Antonio friends.. After dinning Friday night we made a reservation for Saturday night. Very few kids, and the ones that were there were very well behaved.Special Features:
- For those looking for exotic meatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Wife and I came to Antlers Lodge especially for the Elk Tenderloin, food ans service were Outstanding, Expect to spend $$$$ for the food and service. Highly recommended, you will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was averageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Not what I expected for the price. Food was just so-so. Would not return.
- The following 195 reviews are from the Antlers Lodge reviews archive.
- FANTASTIC!!2SAFoodiesVIPDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I have visited Antlers Lodge on a few significant events; this was our first visit with friends. Our server Vincent and Chef Scott made the evening very memorable. The food was fantastic and the service was impeccable!! The entire evening was perfect, looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Let DownHoustonDined on 5/17/2014Went to this restaurant with high expectations based on previous reviews. The steak was good, but all the side dishes (salad, mashed potatoes, asparagus & mushrooms) were terrible. Poor service though it wasn’t very busy. Not worth the money at all.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/4/2014The elk tenderloin was outstanding, although seemed to be seasoned with just a little too much pepper. Service was quite attentive, but since the restaurant was very crowded, slightly slow at time. Would love to return when not as crowded.
- Memorable birthday!MsMouseDined on 4/26/2014My sister & I dined at Antlers on the day we arrived at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort. We enjoyed it so much that we decided to return for my birthday. Everything we ordered was terrific (elk, jalapeno scalloped potatoes, redfish, salads). Plus, the smoked cheddar cheese green chile biscuits are to due for. Adam was our waiter on both visits and was knowledgeable as well as personable. He really enhanced our experience. When we return, we will ask for him again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CulinarykitchenVIPDined on 4/24/2014Quail with polenta is not to be missed. The service was above and beyond extraordinary. Specialty cocktail menu is creative and delicious. I liked this restaurant so much that I am returning shortly for a birthday celebration! It is a gem at the Hyatt resort in Hill Country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another incredible experiencedoneaglemanDined on 4/12/2014We have dined at the Antlers Lodge before. Everytime we have, we have had nothing but a superb experience in every way and this was certainly no exception. One of the special treats we discovered on this evening was a particular dessert they have which is titled: Dark Chocolate Mousse. Oh...my....lord. Chocolate lovers, prepare your senses!! Incredible!! Absolutely...at least for these two diners!! The New York strip was one of the tastiest I have had in some time and my wife equally enjoyed her evening menu special of antelope. Thanks to the wonderful staff (Vincent and all) who made this a very special evening!Special Features:
- Not for a romantic dinnertxweslawyerDined on 4/5/2014Bear in mind that there ARE good things about this restaurant. My steak was delicious and we were given a nice table next to the fireplace on our anniversary. Unfortunately, we were also right next to a large group with several young children that had no business in a restaurant that charges this much for dinner - especially when the parents thought that it was cute when their kids screamed. Our server was nice, but we sat for a while before he spoke to us the first time and it was on his way to take the order of a couple that was seated well after we were seated. Good food, but I probably won't be back.
- Delicious!!76wimpDined on 3/28/2014The whole experience was amazing! The filet was delicious! But the best was the Charizo Grits....WOW!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendRobTDined on 3/22/2014The food here was great.....portions were great.... ambiance great. Waite staff very attentive to our needs even though they were hosting a large wedding. Couldn't have asked for a better evening. After dinner we strolled around the golf course and hotel.... Very nice. Wish we would have gotten a room.Special Features:
- We had a great time!2SAFoodiesVIPDined on 3/21/2014This waas not our first time dining at Antler's, but it was our first with friends. We all had a great time, the food was wonderful and our waiter was extremely knowledgeable. We would for sure go again and bring friends. Thank you all for great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindAshleyVIPDined on 3/14/2014Antler's Lodge came up on Open Table and the menu looked inviting. It did not disappoint. The wine list is very good, and the selections were unique. I had the Antelope steak which was fantastic. It was the recommendation of our waiter and his recommendations were spot on. It was well prepared and tasted exactly as the waiter described. The wine paired well and the grits were a great side item. If you like unique dishes, prepared very well, then this is a great place to try. They seem to have several "game" offerings almost daily, as well as traditional items such as steak, chicken, etc. I think there is something for anyone, but especially for foodies like myself. I would go back should I find myself in that area of the country again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Antlers, take a flash lightwhetto22VIPDined on 3/8/2014Place is so dark that my husband and I both used our cell phone flashlights during the entire dinner!Special Features:
- DinnerRS2DDined on 2/28/2014Did not meet expectations. Bone-in ribeye and Grouper were not up to standards of comparable restaurants. Steak had no taste but lots of gristle. It was barely warm and had to send back for reheating. The grouper had no seasoning either. So both entrees left us quite disappointed. Service was good but could reach the next level with the help of additional waiters. Had to ask different waiters passing through for items as our waiter was not checking on us regularly. Simple items like refilling our water and wine glasses.Special Features:
- Won't Be BackDisneyFanDined on 2/22/2014We went to the Antler's Lodge to celebrate my husband's birthday. I noted that on my reservations and also when we were seated we asked if we were celebrating anything special. They were told again - but nothing was done. I thought at the very least - they might bring a bowl of ice cream...nothing. My steak was done on the inside - but chard and tasted burned on the outside. My husband's steak however was good. Everything else was good...not exceptional that would want me to go back again.
- Antlers Date NightHarkeiDined on 2/18/2014Food and service were excellent. I had catch of the day(Grouper) wife had wild game special(antelope). Both were excellent and well presented. Antelope was especially good. Very tender and flavorful. Wait staff was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we were servedNew2SATXDined on 2/15/2014Everything we were served was fantastic! Starting with the bread and salad, the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Valentine's Day DinnerDieselManDined on 2/14/2014We were very impressed with Antlers Lodge. I was looking for a nice restaurant for Valentine's Day dinner, but this restaurant, food and service exceeded our expectations by a long shot! The thought-out preset food and beverage menus were exquisite. The elk and steak were cooked perfectly and in good portion sizes. We did not leave hungry! While it was more than I expected to spend for Valentine's Day dinner, it was well worth every penny.Special Features:
- Antlers LodgeABC123Dined on 2/14/2014Outstanding food! Chef Scott does an amazing job! The food, menu, and ambience are wonderful! Presentation and tasting menu were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visited on Valentine's Day...vdayvisitorDined on 2/14/2014Visited on Valentine's Day... 5 course meal. The soup was amazing! Boar chop was my second favorite. The overall service was spectacular. Our server, Eli, was exceptional; kind, prompt, cleared the table well, and wasn't overbearing like some servers can be. Beautiful view...it was like a little oasis. Overall a great experience.Special Features: