Antigua Bar and Grill
116 E. Beverly Blvd.
Montebello, CA 90640Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Antigua Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.antigualatinbistro.com/
- Phone: 3235166223
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Latin / Spanish
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Antigua Bar and Grill
Antigua Bar and Grill is a chic restaurant and lounge that offers dishes from all over the Latin world, live music, art, and carefully crafted libations ...to name a few things. At Antigua, flavors are bold, but preparation is delicate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Antigua Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- I was there in August 2011OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/24/2012I was there in August 2011 and LOVED it. the food was delicious with beautiful presentation and the ambiance was warm. even a trio played during dinner. it reminded me of something you might find on the west side. I was there on June 23 2012, and I was very disappointed to see that the menu had been changed to plain old mexican food. it was still beautifully presented, but a huarache is still a huarache no matter how beautifully you present it. most of the tables had no linen. the lights and candles were not lit, and it almost felt like we were eating in a vacant building. the server was friendly but I won't be back again.
- Great dealBobby323Dined on 5/12/2012New owners and new menu. Very affordable prices or the dishes they serve. Handmade tortillas, and the drinks are stiff and well priced.Special Features:
- The food was good, tasty carneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012The food was good, tasty carne asada, great sopes de pollo and prices were reasonable. The music was a little loud, but overall a good experienceSpecial Features:
- Party of 6,dinner before friend'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/28/2012Party of 6,dinner before friend's bday party that was being held there that night. Hostess/waitresses/chef were either not familiar w/menu items, the way certain things were cooked nor what the dish was served with. For eg., someone in our party ordered the chile relleno plate. The menu stated the chile was stuffed w/ground beef & cheese. It was brought to us w/cheese only. Waitress tried to explain that customer had to inform the waitress if they wanted ground beef, when in fact, the menu clearly says it's a ground beef & cheese stuffed chile! The chile verde sauce on enchiladas & on the pork "chile verde" was too salty & all dinner plates were cold. Corn tortillas were awesome & drink service after dinner, during bday party was great!Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2012Service is painfully poor even at the initial reservation. Food is really good if you don't mind waiting with a dash of chaos.
- I wouldn't go back again......OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/10/2012It wasn't all that great...they promoted this place so hard, but in the end. I wouldn't go back...Special Features:
- I had been there before andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2012I had been there before and the food and service was great!! but this last time service was not great and they took a long time to offer dessert didnt even offer coffee and then took a while to bring the check and pick it up. the food was too spicy and that was not specified on the menu. i dont know if it was too busy but the service should be equal even if it is busy and make the guests feel welcome every visit. thank you.
- The mahi mahi was terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/2/2012The mahi mahi was terrible. Had a sweet glaze that was almost jam-like and the cilantro rice was mushi. Dessert was better but the main course was trying too hard to be fancy fusion and it just didn't succeed.
- The service was poor here.MandAVIPDined on 2/29/2012The service was poor here. We had to ask for water refills and were not checked on ONCE by the server. We had to flag him down every time we needed something. Our food was not hot... it was lukewarm at best. It was okay too, not great. Its a very cute spot in the middle of Pico Rivera, which has a lot of potential if the server and the chef step up their game. I really wanted to like this place and was bummed.
- Could be better for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Server forgot about us. Had to ask bus boy to bring us our appetizer. Food was good but slightly on the cold sideSpecial Features:
- The place had a great bar,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012The place had a great bar, nice ambiance, and friendly staff however I did not enjoy my entree due to the chicken being dry. I was there on Valentine's Day so I'm not sure I ate off the regular menu or a special one for the occasion. I may go back to try again at some point.
- Great evening, thank you Antigua!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2011We loved the attentive service we received from our waiter, Jesus and the food was incredibly delicious! We were the last patrons in the dinning area Friday night and we were NOT rushed out. Will definitely be coming back to try more dishes!Special Features:
- The food was great. The portionsrmyr47Dined on 8/27/2011The food was great. The portions are on the small side. Love the life music.Service was superb.Special Features:
- Antigua is a wonderful restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2011Half the building is a restaurant, and the other half is a trendy bar. I took my wife to the restaurant, and we had a great time. It was romantic without being awkward, there was a wonderful Latin trio playing mellow music, the servers and staff were friendly and attentive, and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Antigua is a new Spanish tapasklebmanDined on 8/7/2011Antigua is a new Spanish tapas style restaurant in Montebello. The food is excellent. Everything that was ordered by our party impressed. Remember, it is tapas-style so plates may be small but also have added a few larger steaks and seafood items for American size fare. High end caliber restaurant in a lower income neighborhood. Hope it makes it.Special Features: