93 Salem Street
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.anticofornoboston.com/
- Phone: (617) 723-6733
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Gaglio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: They cater both small and large parties.
- Special Events: Restaurant Week Summer 2006
August 13-25, 2006
Menu On Line: http://www.anticofornoboston.com/restweek.htm
A word from Antico Forno
Stop by Antico Forno for a great meal in an atmosphere that is casual and relaxed with delicious food, of course, but also prices that are reasonable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Antico Forno reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (101)fit for foodies (61)good for groups (56)kid-friendly (43)hot spot (35)special occasion (32)great for lunch (26)romantic (22)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (10)notable wine list (9)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- The staff was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 8/23/2008The staff was outstanding and the food was wonderful but it was too noisy. We were there at dinner time so not sure if the noise level would be too high for lunch. We would not return to this restaurant because of the noise level being to high.Special Features:
- Had the best dinner on ourOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2008Had the best dinner on our visit to Boston at Antico Forno. Definitely deserves a return trip.
- While searching online forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2008While searching online for a place to dine at the North End in Boston, I browse at several restaurant options and eventually decided to give Antico Forno a try based on their menu offering, food pricing and parking availability. My husband ordered the special of the day which was Risotto with mushrooms and sausages, I got the Linguini Al Frutti di Mare, daughters Karrol had the potato gnocchi while Dominique opted for the Margherita pizza. Needless to say everything we ordered was superb. It was also a treat that they gave us free tiramisu dessert with a lighted candle on it to celebrate our anniversary. We are glad we chose Antico Forno as our very first dining experience in the North End. This place is definitely worth a try.Special Features:
- I understand that it was RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2008I understand that it was Restaurant Week and they had to turn tables over quickly, however, that does not mean that customers should suffer as a result. After each course, the server/hostess or whatever her role was came and scooped up our plates without asking us if we were done. One of my friends was only about half-way through her main course when her plate was scooped up. We were served our desert, but never asked if we wanted coffee. Once we were done we were literally asked to leave. I will not be returning ever to this restaurant during Restaurant Week or any other time during the year.
- Great spot, quality friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2008Great spot, quality friendly attentive staff, food is outstanding tremendous red sauce, get there early or you will have to wait for a great north end dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed the personal serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2008Enjoyed the personal service and the personal contact( phone call day of confirming...) I am sure with the pricing and this type of service, your restaurant will continue to fill beyond capacity !
- The food was fantastic. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2008The food was fantastic. We will all being going there again for lunch vey soon. Plenty of food and very enjoyable.Special Features:
- love this restaurant. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/21/2008love this restaurant. The wood-oven is amazing. Their chicken parmigiana is the best on the planet.Special Features:
- We went there for lunch, whichOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2008We went there for lunch, which was absolutely delicious, during restaurant week. The calamari appetizer, pasta dish with mushrooms and truffe oil topped off by a scrumptious tiramisu, so flavorful with espresso based sauce drizzled on top and no alcohol was in it which made it even more delicious on its own. The service was fabulous too. My girlfriend and I spent a long leisurely lunch catching up and the staff never once hurried us. They were so friendly. The food is all made to order and the portions were perfect. I highly recommend this restaurant and will be going back.Special Features:
- It is a small and cozy placeMariaDined on 8/20/2008It is a small and cozy place with great food! The service was great..I enjoyed the wine too!!Special Features:
- We arrived early and wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2008We arrived early and were taken immediately. (There were tables available @ 2:45PM.) The service was prompt and the selections were what we preferred. (We looked on line before reserving). The food was excellent.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding.FundiningDined on 8/19/2008The food was outstanding. Each course was perfect. Every itdm on each plate looked and smelled so good, we all had to sample each other's! No disappointments.Special Features:
- The absolute best food ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2008The absolute best food of the 5 restaurants I enjoyed during restaurant week!Special Features:
- It was 3 girls afternoon outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2008It was 3 girls afternoon out for lunch and it was wonderful. The waiter was very attentive and the food was fabulous. We would all recommend the restaurant. This was our first Restaurant Week and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We all went home and took a nap!!!! We like to try new restaurants when we go to the North End (our absolute favorite place)and this restaurant ranked as one of the special winners. We'll be back.Special Features:
- I went with my female friend,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2008I went with my female friend, so it wasn't a romantic dinner, but it would be a great place to take a date. One dining room only and it got a little loud when it got busy, but it's part of the atmosphere. Ask for a table at the window...more private. The food was absolutely excellent. And the organic wine we ordered was great too. I would definitely go back. We had to wait about 10-15 minutes even though we had a reservation. And instead of telling my friend they ran out of the dessert she ordered, the...slightly rude but not ours...waitress brought a different dessert to the table and seemed annoyed when we asked her why she was bringing that dessert to us. Our waitress was nice though. All in all, I would go back...the food was that good.Special Features:
- The reception we receivedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2008The reception we received was nonexisistant - don't know if that was because we arrived with a baby-told server that we were early for our reservation and were just pointed to a table. We ordered: CALAMARI FRITTI-EXCELLENT,INVOLTINI DI MELANZANE-EXCELLENT,FETTUCCINI POSITANO-kinda disappointing...POLLO ALLA PARMIGIANA - EXCELLENT-even thought all of that was EXCELLENT-TIRAMISU-was OUTSTANDING-the best weEVER had. The female waitstaff was very pleasant and would stop to chat with baby - the male server did not make us feel welcomed at all - also was not pleased that opentable then let me know I was listed as a no show and had to email to correct. Will try again without baby to see if we receive a warmer reception if not get the tiramisu toSpecial Features:
- Food is great and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2008Food is great and service is great! Highly recommend calling ahead for a reservation because it was packed when we went. Really cute place. Food comes out quickly and they don't rush you out even though there's 15 people waiting outside and every table is full.Special Features:
- Food was very good. The restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2008Food was very good. The restaurant was crowded, but with a reservation, there was no wait. Without OpenTable, this is a restaurant, I may have never chosen Antico Forno. There are just so many restaurant in the NorthEnd. Thanks for the heads up. This was a new find and we enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Very disappointed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/13/2008Very disappointed with the Rigatoni Salsiccia E Ricotta; it was tasteless, but our party also had a dish with homemade fettuccini pasta with chicken and white sauce that was excellent.
- Great food, but very smallOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2008Great food, but very small restaurant (only 10-12 tables). We had to wait 15-20min, even though we had a reservation. The food is amazing. Our waitress was okay, but not very friendly. The tables are very close together and it is hard to have a conversation because noise level is very high. I would go back again, but knowing that a conversation is nearly impossible when eating. The food was worth the wait.Special Features:
- I chose this place based onOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2008I chose this place based on advertisement and a few on-line reviews. Took the family there on work/vacation trip. The prices were OK, the food was OK, and the service was OK. We didn't have a bad experience, but we didn't have a memorable one either. I've had better meals in the North End and will try other places before going there again. It was a Monday, so it could have been an off night for them.
- Well .. this meal was likeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2008Well .. this meal was like a roller coaster .. up and down up and down... Arrived early for our reservation .. let the hostess know we were there said we could back a little closer to our reservation ... Well our reservation time came and went and we were seated late. The waiter was poor at best. Not only did he not bring out the food properly but he never once checked in on our table. We ordered a nice salad and a order of muscles to start and the both came out together .. knowing we were going to share they brought no additional settings. Pizza was just ok ... 1 - 10 scale I give it a 4.5 . The Chicken Parm was great the rest of the meal was down hill again . We left some what deflated after reading the good reviews.
- This restaurant is overrated.StacyDined on 8/8/2008This restaurant is overrated. I ate there based on the reviews I read and afterward, felt cheated. I've had better Caesar salad at a Denny's. The bread tasted store bought and the dipping sauce they served with it reminded me of baby food. We had to ask for olive oil. My penne dish was decent but my husband's rigatoni was mediocre at best. Why do people wait in line to eat here when there are so many other places near by? Don't be fooled by the lines, it's not worth it.
- We had to wait outside forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2008We had to wait outside for about 15 minutes despite having a reservation. It was a nice night so it wasn't a big deal. Food was excellent. Kids had pizza. Parents had pasta dishes. Everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Set up a reservation onlineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2008Set up a reservation online and showed up 45 minutes early. They worked hard to accomadate us and got us a tabe early. The pizza was one of the best we have ever had.
- Great Service Excellent ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2008Great Service Excellent Italian Food Very reasonably priced Had reservations and were seated promtply Our party of five had hard time hearing each other - very loud on a Thursday night Our meals were excellent and we will return soon.Special Features:
- Fantastic North End eateryOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/30/2008Fantastic North End eatery - even better than hoped for. We were tourists yet we could not have felt more welcome and part of the neighborhood.Special Features:
- I absolutely love the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/27/2008I absolutely love the food at Antico Forno, but find it very frustrating that they tend to overbook at certain times so that even if you have a confirmed reservation you often have to wait 30-60 minutes to be seated. That being said, service is efficient once you are seated and the food is certainly worth the wait.Special Features:
- I had the linguine with clamsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2008I had the linguine with clams and it was wonderful, much better than I had expected. I would say one of the better places in the North End without the ridiculous price tags.Special Features:
- We'll definitely return. TheyjillVIPDined on 7/19/2008We'll definitely return. They were quite accomodating to us when some of our out of town friends were running late. The food was exactly what we were hoping for - quintessential North End dining.
- I went with my husband & daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2008I went with my husband & daughter for my birthday and it far exceeded my expectations. The bread and olive oil was outstanding....could have eaten that all day. We ordered the mozzarella/tomato salad which was again outstanding. My husband got the pork chop, my daughter the margerita pizza and I had the swordfish - all was so great we agreed we would come here again (instead of waiting for another birthday). My favorite part was the homemade tarimisu - which was out of this world delicious!! The gift cert. was purchased at the Hot Dog Safari from Dave Andelman (Phantom Gourmet) who raved about the place. We even got a parking spot up a ways on Salem St (free!)I would give this place 4 stars!! Great job Antico Forno!! Kathy ScarponeSpecial Features:
- http://bostondish.blogspot.com/2008OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/12/2008http://bostondish.blogspot.com/2008/07/girls-night-in-north-end.htmlSpecial Features:
- It was our first time at theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2008It was our first time at the restaurant, and we had a wonderful meal. It came highly recommended and lived up to it's reputation! It was also moderatly priced which was nice to find.Special Features:
- We had a memorable experienceboca234VIPDined on 7/7/2008We had a memorable experience at this restaurant. It is not "trying to be italian"; it is the real thing! The brick oven use made all the dishes taste exceptional! My two children were very happy with the pasta and the pizza that they received despite not having a dedicated children's menu. The staff was very accommodating to our group of 5 and were very attentive and willing to assist us make food choices. We will definitely recommend it highly and will return in the future.Special Features:
- Even though I made reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2008Even though I made reservations a few weeks in advance for my 8:30 p.m. time slot, our party of 6 still had to wait outside the restaurant for a HALF-HOUR to be seated! Unacceptable.
- I had great pizzas here before.giorVIPDined on 7/4/2008I had great pizzas here before. This last experience was not good: no prosciutto left (not in the middle of the night, but at 8:00 pm), so they put pepperoni on my pizza, which was fair, but not great. The place was so loud that I was not able to hear my friend sitting at the other end of the (small) table.
- Traditional southern-styleWhereRMyGlassesDined on 6/30/2008Traditional southern-style Italian food with no pretense. Informal, friendly, fun, reasonable prices. Try the dishes with homemade pasta.Special Features:
- We have eaten there beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2008We have eaten there before for both lunch and dinner on several occasions. The food is always great but the service was disappointing this time. Our waiter was just plain rude. Everyone else that served us that evening was very helpful and friendly. It's unfortunate that one person can ruin a perfectly good meal with a bad attitude.
- Nice little North End Italian.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/22/2008Nice little North End Italian. Eggplant appetizer brilliant in its simplicity. Reasonably-priced wine list. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Antico Forno is consistentlyKFaBDined on 6/21/2008Antico Forno is consistently solid in food, price and service. Stay away from Hanover St. and head up to Salem St. for this great find. Once they get the bar built it will be even better!Special Features: