4990 State Rd
Drexel Hill, PA 19026Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.anthonysdrexelhill.net/
- Phone: 6106236900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Foster
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: A full line of Porfinos & Scaramuzza home made pastas, Dicecco, Cento products, Dibruno cheeses, Boar"s Head lunchmeats, homemade soups & sauces. Eggplant parmigiana, lasagnas, & much, much more! Check out our new App available on all phones. Just search for Anthony's Drexel Hill. You can make take out orders via our App or just call us to put in your order today!
- Entertainment: Friday nights - LIVE Italian Music with Nick Desiderio! Check back for our different entertainment every Saturday night!
A word from Anthony's Ristorante
Anthony’s in Drexel Hill invites you and your guests to share food and friendship in our newly renovated Ristorante and Banquet Center. We have been hosting intimate dinner parties, business lunches and family celebrations seven days a week, since 1985. Our exquisite meals and impeccable service make us a perfect location for any occasion. The comforting aroma of homemade pastas, fresh salads, expertly prepared seafood and meat dishes greet guests at Anthony’s. Our chef’s modern twist on classic Italian recipes provides the inspiration for our savory menu. Anthony’s staff can guide you on the perfect wine to match the complex flavors of your favorite entrées, or to get the evening started. Our home made desserts and fine aperitifs are the ideal compliment to a fine meal and great conversation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Anthony's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (13)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (6)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)romantic (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Tasty ItalianBruceDined on 10/21/2014Very quiet on a Tuesday night. When I arrived, I decided that I would rather not sit in a mostly empty dining room on my own and I took a seat at the bar. Of course, they have Peroni in bottles so I ordered one of those while looking over the menu. I chose the caesar salad to start and the (handmade) ravioli with meatballs. The salad was served in a chilled bowl with plenty of croutons and enough garlic to kill a battalion of vampires. Tasty. Just as the salad was finishing up, my large bowl of ravioli arrived. Lots of delicious Marinara sauce that scooped up nicely from the contents of the bread basket. The ravioli were quite tasty and nicely cooked to al dente. The meatballs were good, not great. A little tough but also quite tasty.
- Uncomfortably cool.hibroudaVIPDined on 10/11/2014It was a cool rainy day and it armed like the air conditioner was running full force, although I overheard a waitress say no. If no air on , why not heat. Otherwise I have no complaints.Special Features:
- Expect to be well cared for ...JB22VIPDined on 10/9/2014Great team with excellent execution from host, bar, wait and kitchen teams - you won't be disappointed. Award winning Baked Clams are the real deal and a MUST ORDER. The pasta's and fresh fish and raw bar are also SPOT ON. Planning a large gathering next month, and have already booked Anthony's because we know the food and the service will be TOP NOTCH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfied customersmallfryDined on 10/7/2014Went there on 10/7/14 to celebrate a birthday and anniversary (didn't advise the staff). The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We went early (5 pm on a Tuesday night) and were surprised to see they had a twilight menu (early bird prices) for a good selection of entrees. We had already looked at the regular menu on line before we went and were pleasantly surprised to see these other choices which also included a salad or soup and ice cream with coffee or tea. The regular prices were okay but this was even better. The item I was originally going to get was not on the twilight menu but I found one I liked. The food was very good, we both enjoyed our meals.Special Features:
- Always give the choice...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Everyone I know has ALWAYS raved about Anthony's. I've been there a few times for parties, and the food has been absolutely fantastic. However, Friday night, I took my wife for a quiet dinner, and we left feeling a bit left down. The first sign of trouble should have been the fact that, when asked if we wanted pasta or a potato and veggie as a side, no pasta options were given when we made the choice. We both chose pasta, and the waiter was gone before either of us realized we didn't get to pick what kind of pasta we were getting. My wife was averagely impressed with her chicken parm, and the veal part of my veal oscar was absolutely fantastic. However, the asparagus on top was overly mushy, and the dish as a whole was fairly bland.
- Great EveningSteveMDined on 9/12/2014Not only was the veal parmesan excellent but the staff was accommodating and allowed us to substitute mozzarella for the provolone that is normally used by Anthony's chefs. Also, the entire staff is attentive to every table in case you wanted more bread as an example or had any needs whatsoever. As an added bonus, Friday nights has a very entertaining singer/accordion player. If the noise level is too much for some, the restaurant has a second room that is much quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where everybody knows your name ...JB22VIPDined on 9/5/2014Greeted by Marco on arrival, another stellar visit to the Anthony's. Be sure to ask for Shawn or Roger - great wait service, stellar execution from the kitchen team too. We enjoyed a new appetizer special - Deep Fried Panko Crusted Jersey Tomato with jumbo lump crab in a blush sauce. Delish. Of course we never pass up the chance to score the BEST OF THE MAIN LINE award winning BAKED CLAMS. Enjoyed the Tuna special and the linguine and clams for dinner entrees. If you haven't been, you need to give this local, friendly and award winning spot a try.Special Features:
- Hit the spot!JB22VIPDined on 8/4/2014Read about those BEST OF THE MAIN LINE baked clams and had to pop in for a dozen this week. Always spot on and dependable execution from host, wait and kitchen teams. We sampled the fresh pasta this time and once again, it hit the spot! Great having a local independent non-chain restaurant with quality food and service.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful experienceDaveDined on 7/12/2014This place is a wonderful find! The food is excellent and the service is professional. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- The following 24 reviews are from the Anthony's Ristorante reviews archive.
- Award Winning Baked Clams!JB22VIPDined on 6/30/2014Did you hear? Anthony's won BEST OF THE MAIN LINE & Western Suburbs award from Main Line Today Magazine for their BAKED CLAMS! Been thinking about 'em since I read it in the magazine and headed over there on a summer Monday night to score a couple dozen. Just try eating these perfect gems without going through a whole loaf of bread sopping up the great olive oil! The recipe is spot on from the old days and if you do go - try the clams and any of their signature pasta dishes. Specials too!Special Features:
- absolutely terribleDelcodinerDined on 6/15/2014Our waiter had to ask the chef twice what dish was what and never ordered one persons food. Then they started clearing the table before we were finished eating. No offer of drink refills after the entrée's were on the table. This was the absolute worst meal and experience I've ever had anywhere.
- better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2014We celebrated mothers day dinner at anthonys, positives: the service, food( taste) negatives, limited menu and they ran out of the lobster raviolisSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014Great dinner and great service! I would highly recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placelovegreatfoodDined on 4/20/2014We enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Service was excellent as always. Great for adults, I would not recommend for small children unless its for a holiday and families are gatheringSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014The food for our Easter Dinner at Anthony's was excellent. However, our table ,near the bar area , was in a very busy and noisy area. Our wait time between appetizers and our meals was unusually long. I'm sure this all had something to do with the buffet dinners that were going on down stairs. Our waitress was very apologetic and we assured her that we were ok with the wait. I would not hesitate to go back to Anthony's for dinner , just not on Easter Sunday.Special Features:
- Just okaymichelleDined on 4/20/2014We've eaten here before, but I was disappointed because I thought we reserved seating for the buffet. It said to find a table for sitting and didn't say that we wouldn't be seated for the buffet which I thought had better food choices. We sat down on time, but the service wasn't friendly at all. No smiling, no Happy Easter, nothing pleasant. The wait for food was really long and when it came out some dishes were cold and others were warm. A lot of money for just an okay experience. I'll think twice about going there again.
- You will enjoy!JB22VIPDined on 4/18/2014Like going back in time when the Overbrook Italian American Club was open. Even with cute little 14 year old Italian Bus Boys They have the South West Philadelphia Baked Clams! Delish! Stick with the traditional Italian dinners and you'll love this restaurant. Ask for Nick or Roger - they are the most attentive waiters on top of the service game.Special Features:
- saturday night dinnersteveDined on 4/5/2014food was very good,large portions. our server mike was very attentive to our needs. he did a great jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friday NightDaveDined on 4/4/2014I always enjoy going to eat dinner at Anthony's, especially on Friday nights in the bar, where he has a great musician that plays old favorites on his acordian. There is even a dance floor. Plus, the food is great and it is one of the few raw bars in the immediate vicinity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night with old friendsbeachbumDined on 4/3/2014Fun girls night out, had a few drinks at the before before we sat down for dinner ~ once seated our waiter Sean was there to tell us about the specials and refresh our drinks. Service was excellent, Sean was attentive but not intrusive. We never felt rushed. Food was delicious. Would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was good but slowMareDined on 3/22/2014Took a very long time to get our food. And wish the waiters would fill water regularly...hate to ask for that. Food was slightly above average for Italian, but not the best...but I'm picky as I cook Italian.Special Features:
- Vera was fantastic! We allOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/9/2014Vera was fantastic! We all enjoyed our meal very much. Most of us had one of the specials and each one was delicious!Special Features:
- All in all it was a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014All in all it was a good experience. The food was very good and plentiful. It was a rather long wait and the noise level was very bad. There was a surprise party right behind us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- raw bar greattablefor4Dined on 3/1/2014The shrimp cocktail from the raw bar were huge and tasty. The salmon and scallops entrée was wonderful as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome for groups ...JB22VIPDined on 2/28/2014Getting the gang back together? What better place than this friendly Italian restaurant. Group appetizers are the way to go and they have so many great options. The night we went they were offering a Bacon White Pizza with Arugula that was out of this world. Stick with the staples and the regular featured menu items you won't be disappointed. We got the round corner table, laughed and had a wonderful time catching up with our Delaware County friends.Special Features:
- Another wonderful mealfishwidow1Dined on 2/16/2014We have been to Anthony's numerous times and this time was another success. We took my mother-in-law and our adult children for dinner this past Sunday. The appetizers were wonderful and our dinners were delicious also. The only disappointment of the night was there was no scripelle soup because of the limited Valentine menu. My husband, myself and my mother-in-law were all looking forward to having it. I make it at home but it just tastes so much better when someone else makes it! It's the best I've had outside of my own. : ) Dress is casual and although children are welcome, there have not been many there when we have been there. If you've never been here, it's worth going. Your taste buds will thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many happy returnsLastingMemoriesVIPDined on 2/15/2014Anthony's is a great place for supper. Food, service and entertainment go well together for a delightful experience. A place for family and friends to have fun and enjoy good italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South West Philly Baked Clams!JB22VIPDined on 2/14/2014Gotta have 'em. It's like going back in time when the Overbrook Italian American Club was open. Delish! And get this ... their raw bar has U-8 shrimp. Not just any shrimp ... BIG GIANT sweet shrimp, with a crunch not a soggy tasteless shrimpy shrimp. If you are in the mood for a shrimp cocktail - they have the REAL deal. Stick with the traditional Italian dinners and you'll love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day CelebrationLuv2dineDined on 2/14/2014Delicious meal, nice ambiance with live music, great service by Sean. Will definitely dine at Anthony's in the future.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodraidersix2002VIPDined on 2/8/2014We had a nice pinot with dinner. I enjoyed a special stuffed chicken with a mushroom sauce and a side of penne. The tomato gravey was sweet but a nice compliment to the chickens mushroo gravey. The meal was welll prepared and quite good. Dessert was a penut butter chocolate pie. Super rich and delicous but too much after dinner, gi for a lighter ending. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have Been to this restaurantL2dineDined on 1/26/2014We have Been to this restaurant many times and had many events here. Unfortunately ,our recent visit was a disaster. The food was good but prices steep. however the service-not so good. Server did not offer specials until asked. Server not very knowledgeable of menu or sides. Server was not very pleasant as if we were wasting her time. Wa We waited very long for our food, check and server never followed up on us (I had to find server to attain check!! May have been an off night for them however I won't be returning anytime soon or at best won't be hosting an event at Anthony's again!! Very disappointed!!!
- Remember Overabrook IADC?JB22VIPDined on 1/25/2014If you remember the Italian America Club in Overbrook (South West Philadelphia) - this has the same vibe. Happy people serving really good food at really good prices. Remember the baked clams? They have - small, sweet, little necks served in their own tray of olive oil and garlic. If it was appropriate, I'd order more than one dozen! The tray is a smidge different but the taste is spot on, complete with chewy thick crusted Italian bread for dipping. A wide array of past choices are a staple of the menu and some fish specials are not to be missed. If you haven't been, you need to go!Special Features:
- Always a pleasure!AnthonyBVIPDined on 1/24/2014We always receive exceptional service at Anthony's. For all of the restaurants that we go to, it's Anthony's where we often choose from the specials. Friday night accordion music is a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.