701 Grand Blvd
Kansas City, MO 64106Neighborhood:
Downtown / River Market
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kcanthonysongrand.com/
- Phone: (816) 221-4088
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm-8:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm- 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Spino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We make it Easy for you to have a great Party! DELIVERY We will deliver your order in disposable containers within a limited area Minimum $100.00 purchase Minimum $20.00 gratuity per delivery order $10.00 Fuel Delivery Charge FULL-SERVICE CATERING Includes tables, tablecloth and skirt Includes delivery, setup, service & breakdown Includes all buffet equipment Service available within limited area Minimum 25 Guests Minimum 10% gratuity $10.00 Fuel Delivery Charge
- Private Party Facilities: Having a party? Wedding Rehearsals, Pre-Concert, Meetings, Wine Tastings, Graduation, Retirement, First Communion, Confirmation, Bachelor/ette Parties, Anniversaries, Girls Night Out, Birthdays, Fund Raisers,Charity Events, Showers.
Let Anthony's handle all of the details...
Options Include: Invitations, Entertainment Options, Flowers, Balloons, or Decorations, Special Menus or Buffet, Cakes or any Desserts, Photos, Presentation Screens, Microphones, and many more options.
Private Room Available up to 40.
Main dining room up to 100.
- Private Party Contact: Anthony Spino 8163653809
A word from Anthony's Restaurant
Anthony’s Restaurant & Lounge has been family-owned since 1978 and serves award-winning, traditional Italian and American dishes and daily specials, including pasta, steak, veal, chicken and seafood. Anthony's offers casual warmth with an elegant atmosphere and welcomes families. Though all meals are prepared to order, Anthony's offers quick service, making it a great spot for a business lunch. Or come in for a drink. Anthony's has an excellent, affordable wine list and a comfortable bar that's open late. Located within walking distance of the convention center and downtown hotels, Anthony's can accommodate groups of up to 40. If you would like a family-run traditional Italian restaurant with recipes handed down through many generations, look no further. Come to Anthony's Restaurant & Lounge and enjoy our family's tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Anthony's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown / River Market ›
Anthony's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)special occasion (18)romantic (16)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (13)great for lunch (13)late-night find (6)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014Anthony's is becoming one of our favorite places to dine. The food is excellent and the staff is very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favorite placessammiemacDined on 11/8/2014As usual, the food was fabulous, the service was excellent, the people are top shelf, and we had a delightful dining experience!Special Features:
- OutstandingJmnussVIPDined on 10/20/2014If there were a 6 star option, Anthony's would get it every time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Made reservations at Anthony's early so we could make the KC Ballet. We were very happy with everything. The service was excellent, our waiter was friendly and efficient without being overbearing. The food was fantastic! The biggest problem we had was we want to try everything. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants great food in an excellent restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatBDined on 10/17/2014Everything was wonderful - we thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeKcrockyVIPDined on 10/12/2014This place is awesome. One of my favorites for Italian in the city. Everything I have had here is great. The service and extra staff are great as well. If you need to take someone for special dinner this is the place. Plus it won't kill you in the wallet! So go there sooner than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fried Chicken in Townfmh2004Dined on 10/12/2014You may not expect an Italian restaurant to offer fried chicken. They do, and only on Sunday and it is a treat! Best in town. Their pastas are also excellent.Special Features:
- Anthony's - October 12, 2014KCCoupleDined on 10/12/2014A truly great find. Wonderful Italian food. Also have a Fried Chicken specialty every Sunday. We will go back for that. It looked wonderful. Service was excellent, portions are large and the ambiance was great. Had never been there before but will definitely go back. A real find with ample parking.Special Features:
- dinerDined on 10/11/2014Food is reliably good and ambiance is old school fun.Special Features:
- TarzDined on 10/3/2014We had never been there and have lived in Kansas City all of our lives. We love Italian food and I would say that this is the best in the city. It is small but if you make a reservation you will have no problem.Special Features:
- My new favorite place!LuvFoodDined on 9/28/2014I have driven by this place for years and just ate there for the first time at a business lunch a few weeks ago. We have since taken friends and family there and it is our new favorite place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good nightmafiaDined on 9/20/2014The food was fabulous the wine was great and everyone had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anthony'sPattiMDined on 9/20/2014We always enjoy going to this restaurant, we had out of town guest from NYC and Arizona, they all thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The menu is great, food is fantastic and we love it. The cheesecake is out of this world. We'll be back.Special Features:
- LuvFoodDined on 9/12/2014Outstanding service and excellent food! Will definitely go back and take friends & family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall sub parrOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Ordered their special lasagna. Recommended. Bad. Service was interrupting constantly different people coming by asking to take our plates away. We had to tell them "no, still eating" three times.
- NiceTraceyDined on 8/21/2014It was very nice, service was excellent. Typical old Italian atmosphere. The food was good but I am not going to say it was exceptional. I would not go back but if someone wanted to go there I would not discourage them.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014we had a great time food was excellent had a drink at the bar first and that was a very good experience. Waiter was very good and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I love Anthony's! Delicious southern Italian food and great service!Special Features:
- Enjoyable venueRonTDined on 8/15/2014Nice "Italian' atmosphere. Good food, fast and friendly service, reasonable prices. My wife and I really enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group DinnerKD1546Dined on 8/12/2014Great experience. We had a group of 12, and we were able to be seated in the private dining room. The service, food, and deserts were excellent! I highly recommend Anthony's!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/8/2014Outstanding lasagne - been ordering it for over 15 yearsSpecial Features:
- LunchSardiVIPDined on 7/30/2014This was the first time we got to experience the incredible lunch deal! Two entrees, salad, drinks for 15.00! Large portions and always delicious!Special Features:
- The following 308 reviews are from the Anthony's Restaurant reviews archive.
- cuteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Anthony's, it was a great find. The lighting was very dark but the service was great and staff was very helpful and sang for my friend's birthday.Special Features:
- Dinner2303Dined on 7/16/2014Outstanding food, reasonably priced, excellent service - can't ask for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great old style ItalianRomanticVIPDined on 7/1/2014Nice atmosphere and good food. Service was very professional.Special Features:
- One of Kansas City's true gemsCalypsoDined on 6/29/2014My husband and I started frequenting Anthony's a few years ago. We never tire of visiting! The food is amazing, service is fantastic, and the ambiance is great! Whether we're stopping in for a drink at the bar, homemade dessert, or a romantic evening out - we always feel quite welcome and are treated graciously and well. They have some nice wines. Their bartender Tammy is among the best. She's friendly like everyone else there, and can mix up some great creative drinks for the adventurous! Highly recommended would be the Vitello Provolone - simply amazing. Linguini clams w/ garlic white wine sauce is another of my favorites. A last recommendation would be to consider making reservations - Anthony's fills up quickly on the weekends! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodnutDined on 6/28/2014Great service with very authentic old style Italian food.Special Features:
- wolfDined on 6/18/2014Our dinning experience is always great at Anthon's. Great food and great service.Special Features:
- Love!AGrayDined on 6/14/2014Delicious food and great atmosphere. We went for our anniversary and it was quiet and romantic. I would recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerBearDined on 6/13/2014Dined at Anthony's on Friday the 13th and found it a very pleasurable and relaxed atmosphere. The food was excellent and the portion size was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise!KCfoodfanDined on 6/13/2014Hadn't been to Anthony's in years and was pleased to find it was even better than I remembered. The food was authentic and flavorful, with menu options far beyond pasta as well as several Italian wine options. The staff is friendly, efficient and kept our glasses full. A dining experience fit for romantic to family- they have multiple rooms and strategically placed diners in each.Special Features:
- tastybighawkDined on 6/11/2014great italian food...olives and cheese tasty app........I had the cheese ravioli with meatball, very good......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Flavor ItalianDeniseDined on 5/31/2014Thank goodness there was salt and pepper on the table, because it was not there during the cooking process. Sugo tasted like Campbells tomato soup.Special Features:
- Food great, service not so muchBonoz76Dined on 5/31/2014Been here many times and as usual food was great and sugo was spicy and sweet. However, ordered appetizers which after 35 minutes had still not arrived before salads were served so we cancelled. Bill included the appetizers so that had to be adjusted and no olive oil was served or offered. Food and service make a great restaurant so not up to par on this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad service and bad managementOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We had 5:30 reser., got food at 7:06. Food only marginal. Manager did not comp anything from bill, had no good explanation. Our bill was 200.00+, for 5 women and I was shocked they didn't even offer to buy appetizer. Shame on them. I spent 13 years in rest management and now I own a small wholesale bakery, this was a terrible experience. Will not return, recommend and if anyone asks my opinion I will tell them there are far too many other restaurants in Kansas City you don't have to go to one that is lacking in service and quality of food. Cascones, garazzos blow this place off the charts.
- One of my favoriteslmr14600Dined on 5/31/2014My husband and I went to Anthony's to celebrate our 1st Wedding Anniversary. We went there for our first Valentine's Day and it was just as good as we remembered. This is always high on our list and a meal that we look very forward to!Special Features:
- Loved every secondGoodeats4usDined on 5/29/2014Vito greeted us Frank tended to us and it was a super experience from start to finish. Suggestions were excellent wine delicious. The atmosphere is so entitling and everyone wants you to have a good time.Special Features:
- Nice place for a family dinnersharondDined on 5/10/2014We love this restaurant for its food and service. We especially love the Artichoke Chicken. All the dishes are large servings and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeKcrockyVIPDined on 4/19/2014This place is just awesome! The food and the service are great. One of my favorite place's to eat.Special Features:
- Love Anthony'sfmh2004Dined on 4/18/2014Have never had a bad experience here. Service is always great and the food is awesome. One of my favorite places to go.Special Features: