Anthony's HomePort - Des Moines
421 S 227th St
Des Moines, WA 98198-4612Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Anthony's HomePort - Des Moines
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.anthonys.com/
- Phone: (206) 824-1947
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm, Sunday: 12:30pm - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Duane Sullivan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private waterfront view room is comfortable for groups up to 50 people for a business meeting, or family celebration. We are committed to providing you and your guests a perfect experience with custom menu options.
- Private Party Contact: Jane or Dana 2068241947
A word from Anthony's HomePort - Des Moines
Locally owned waterfront restaurant dedicated to giving our guests a truly Northwest dining experience, Anthony’s has earned the reputation for the finest fresh seafood, perfectly prepared and expertly served with an uncompromising commitment to quality and value. We feature fresh seasonal and sustainable fish, and shellfish from our own seafood company accompanied by Northwest wines and micro brews as well our "Best of the Season" produce featured in our housemade desserts, salads, entrees, and beverages. Anthony’s Des Moines features a lovely panoramic view of Puget Sound, and the Olympic Mountains. Open daily for lunch with a casual style no reservation necessary restaurant on the first floor featuring seafood, pastas, salads, burgers, and fish tacos.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Anthony's HomePort - Des Moines - Best Restaurants in Des Moines ›
Anthony's HomePort - Des Moines reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (60)special occasion (36)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (17)romantic (17)great for outdoor dining (16)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great view, great food, great service!MikeGDined on 11/20/2014Overlooks a Puget Sound view. Boats, sunsets, islands, and more. Food is outstanding and service is always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Food was delish. Lobster and house salad out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QimelDined on 11/16/2014Very enjoyable, very good food, always a favorite place to go.Special Features:
- Anthony's Home PortOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014Parking was easy with plenty of room between cars. From the moment we walked in we Felt comfortable , warm and toasty on a cold night. The view of the boats in the slips was a great conversation piece. But the food was delicious , I will take my whole family back over the Holidays coming up. Hands down Anthony’s beats Saltys in every category . Good Job Anthonys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anthony's, Des Moines, WALuv2crzDined on 11/8/2014The overall experience was good. Unfortunately the one thing I will comment on is the hostess at the upstairs desk seemed like she would have rather been anywhere else but there working. Very impersonal and rushed. For the price of the meals, a little patience as people are taking coats off before sitting and allowing the guests to sit before handing the menus would make for a more lasting impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2funDined on 11/7/2014I love Anthony's but not this location. Food and service does not compare to other locations.
- BDgalsDined on 11/6/2014We have eaten there many times and always have great food and service. Will go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014We are regulars at this restaurant and always have a good meal. Our service on that particular night was outstanding. What I wanted for dinner was not exactly available, but waitress and chef put their heads together and made the perfect meal.Special Features:
- MMmm...mmm good!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014We had guests in from out of town and what a memorable way to end their visit! The food was excellent, the waitress was very friendly and was always available to fill our needs, without "hovering." The only drawback was that the lights went out during the storm so we finished our dinner by candlelight but the staff made sure everyone was comfortable and taken care of. 5 stars!!!Special Features:
- Great food, near the water.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Very family friendly, older crowd and conservative setup. None of which deter the amazing food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anthony's Des Moines does it again!Fly2theMoonVIPDined on 10/20/2014Beautiful setting, without the noise and crowds of other Anthony's locations. We arrived early enough to enjoy a happy hour cocktail downstairs and then ordered the sunset (fixed price menu) upstairs. The sections always vary, but the sunset menu is always delectable.Special Features:
- Ruined anniversary dinnercopalis27Dined on 10/5/2014We were seated next to a group of people that let their kids run wild and they had crayons, food and silverware all over the floor. Very noisy, rude and extremely unpleasant. Was not a good situation for any of the diners in my opinion. We were there to celebrate our 41st wedding anniversary and it was not really enjoyable. Other than that the service was good and food was good but the overall experience was ruined. May not return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KevLinDined on 10/4/2014Beautiful sunset and delicious dinner! We had the halibut, lobster tail and huckleberry slump for dessert. Our server Aimee was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMolMacDined on 9/29/2014We were at Anthony's for a birthday celebration. I had requested a window table and received it. Sadly, there was a very large, very loud group nearby that was totally effecting our quiet evening, so we asked to be moved away from our requested window table. The staff at Anthony's were exceptionally nice and accommodating. We very much appreciated their response to our request. Our overall dining experience was terrific.Special Features:
- Marina view and moreLoanguruDined on 9/23/2014I was very glad that we were able to make our reservation on opentable. We arrived a little early and were seated fairly quickly. The ambiance is very nice. While the wait staff are clearly hustling their sense of urgency is only translated into prompt courteous service. The booths provide some privacy and ours had a great view of the marina. On a clear day you would have a great view of the mountains as well. The food was very good and we finished with their peach slump which was excellent.Special Features:
- Anthony's FanSaltysFanDined on 9/22/2014Perfect spot to take guests with a flight layover since Anthony's is close to the Airport. Their menu shows off the Pacific Northwest's best of the best seafood dishes. Between the cod, rockfish, shrimp, chowder and seafood salad, our guests were impressed. To add to the great seafood menu is the location looking out at the marina and Puget Sound.Special Features:
- GTAMPastorVIPDined on 9/21/2014I only wish I could post on this review the absolutely spectacular view we had from our table as we enjoyed a wonderful meal with friends celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary. The service was excellent and the food was very good, especially the fresh peach desserts. The Cheesecake with fresh Peaches and Peach Slump were simply amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as always!MTinWADined on 9/20/2014This was my third time here, though only my first time in the upstairs dining room. As always, we had excellent service with absolutely prime food. This upstairs spot was perfect for the romantic getaway I wanted to take my girlfriend to! Thanks so much to the prompt and friendly staff! It was a great night all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters Plus a Puget Sound SunsetrhmartinVIPDined on 9/15/2014Once upon a time when I was stationed in Seattle I developed an unsophisticated but life-long passion for fried oysters. But, landlocked in the Midwest for the last 50 years, I had forgotten that oysters (even along the Gulf Coast and Chesapeake Bay) don't always have to taste dull and muddy. The fried Willapa Bay oysters at Anthony's were the best and sweetest I have tasted since my boys and I harvested wild oysters from the rocks along the Hood Canal back in the 1960's. Add watching the sun set over Puget Sound and you have a perfect evening. Be sure to request a window table, although all the tables have a good view of the Sound.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good but not gourmetSivamoDined on 9/10/2014Anthony's has a great menu with lots of different selections for all types of people to choose from. The seafood seems fresh, and they seem to have lots of seasonal fresh veggies. It's not spectacular in terms of presentation or creativity but it's pretty good fresh food with a great view.Special Features:
- lovely view, very good foodConnieDined on 9/10/2014Beautiful scenic spot, although the setting sun made it difficult to see for awhile, as there was no shade over the door that was in my sightline. The service is excellent (Amanda is best waiter EVER), the food was very good, prepared perfectly. One glitch with dessert was resolved with a substitute selection at no charge. Great place to take out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Add Anthony's to your must go listBillVIPDined on 9/4/2014When ever I am in Seattle, I come here for the salmon, the view, and to relax. One of the best in area and a great place to eat before getting on an airplane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around dininghugefanDined on 9/1/2014It is simply the best restaurant in our area for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In need of updateShannanyVIPDined on 8/29/2014The crowd was very elderly and the food was less than great. Very pricey for the quality you receive. The hostesses were not pleasant and acted like they were doing you a favor. The view was beautiful, but no other reason to return.Special Features:
- End of our Pacfic Northwest TripOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/28/2014I used to use this restaurant for business travel. It is a great alternative when you are staying near the airport and don't want to fight traffic to Seattle. This was the end of a short vacation and the night before a very early morning flight. We ended up sitting on the deck which was a little less formal but a great view. We chose the full menu option and the quality of food and service was great...albeit they only had one wait staff taking orders. They have a pretty good process to get the orders delivered to your table. We had the mussels which were excellent and very large, followed by a very nice salad, and the duet of fish (salmon and halibut). I had not been here in years but loved it.Special Features:
- Although a Chain, a Local GemopsanVIPDined on 8/26/2014Anthony's never disappoints .. please find your next special occasion here. Food is always excellent, service always acceptable. This location features a view of the South Sound area, and two floors to enjoy it! When in the Northwest, you can trust this brand for consistent representation of our local foods and preparations.Special Features:
- fl013Dined on 8/24/2014We met friends from out of town here and enjoyed the view as well as the delicious dinner. Since my husband and I arrived early, we went to the bar and our friends joined us there. Within a few minutes the hostess came by for us to go to our table. We were pleased to have a table by the window, even though we had not requested it. The food was very good, and we had pleasant wait staff both in the bar and in the restaurant. The evening went smoothly; we had no complaints, and we will dine there again.Special Features:
- wonderful experienceJosephineDined on 8/23/2014We took some neighbors out for a " thank you dinner" prior to our out of state move. We all had a great 3 hours at Anthony's. We appreciated not being rushed so we could enjoy an extended chat over a second glass of wine. The food was outstanding and the service impeccable. Anthony's is a classy place. They have always been able to balance value with consistency. We highly recommend themSpecial Features:
- D111OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Wonderful food service and spectacular views. Our out-of-town guests were very impressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waterfront viewcdtulawDined on 8/20/2014If you enjoy good seafood and you are having guests from it if town you can't miss with Anthony's. I had some friends traveling from the Midwest and they thoroughly enjoyed the gods and waterfront views. You can also walk along the marina after dinner and see all of the boats or on the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serving sizeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014I felt that the portions were a little large for some over 65 eaters. I would like to see the the before 6:00 smaller menu served on the weekends also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent early dinner menuTahiti3Dined on 8/15/2014Had early dinner with friends to avoid Friday rush hour traffic. The Dungeness crab stack appetizer was amazing! The dinner specials had good variety but only seafood appetizers. 5pm was too late to get a table on the deck, but our booth actually had a better view over the breakwater. Our server Gloria was nice but didn't refill water glasses on a hot day without prompting. Note to management - dark blue water glasses mean the level is not visible to a busy server dashing between tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view & foodGinnySVIPDined on 7/31/2014Chowder was good and all seafood was cooked perfectly. Very crowded and noisy at times. We sat upstairs and had a great view of the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!JeroniDined on 7/31/2014Our party of 8 was accommodated in an efficient and caring manner - I highly recommend Anthony's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 111 reviews are from the Anthony's HomePort - Des Moines reviews archive.
- Perfect in every wayluv2eatVIPDined on 7/28/2014We do not get to Anthony's as much as I used to about 20 years ago. It remains a wonderful setting and great food. We had some out of town company fly in and wanted to take them someplace with a great view. Anthony's in Des Moines was our first choice. The food and service were great. Our friends could not stop talking about the great view. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food - locally ownedUSATLCDined on 7/27/2014Everything was superb except for garlic shrimp was bland that my dad had for entree. He told the staff and they did not offer another dish or express regret, etc. the berries dessert was all superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky Me!SeaGal2009Dined on 7/24/2014Live within walking distance of this fabulous restaurant and it is my go-to place when visitors come to town. I have never been disappointed with the food, service, or cleanliness of the restaurant. Yes, Anthony's is a chain, however, the Des Moines Anthony's feels like a try hometown restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Food was mediocre and high priced. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Dining on the water is a great experience.Special Features:
- Great food all aroundMrsMacDined on 7/19/2014We went for my mother's birthday as we have in the past since we love this restaurant so much. Everything we ordered was delicious! Pan fried oysters are always perfectly cooked. Salmon, chowder and tempura prawns were all delicious. We had a berry cheesecake and a berry shortcake for dessert and the berries were so fresh and sweet. All around we were impressed by the excellent service and the food. We will definitely be back again. Also happy hour is amazingly well priced!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will dine againKariDined on 7/17/2014Fantastic views, friendly and very knowledgeable staff, good menu diversity (also offers gluten-free menu). Consult waiter for recommendations. Pricey, but not out of line for type of dining.Special Features: