Anthony's HomePort - Des Moines
421 S 227th St
Des Moines, WA 98198-4612Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Anthony's HomePort - Des Moines
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.anthonys.com/
- Phone: 2068241947
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm, Sunday: 12:30pm - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Duane Sullivan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private waterfront view room is comfortable for groups up to 50 people for a business meeting, or family celebration. We are committed to providing you and your guests a perfect experience with custom menu options.
- Private Party Contact: Jane or Dana 2068241947
A word from Anthony's HomePort - Des Moines
Locally owned waterfront restaurant dedicated to giving our guests a truly Northwest dining experience, Anthony’s has earned the reputation for the finest fresh seafood, perfectly prepared and expertly served with an uncompromising commitment to quality and value. We feature fresh seasonal and sustainable fish, and shellfish from our own seafood company accompanied by Northwest wines and micro brews as well our "Best of the Season" produce featured in our housemade desserts, salads, entrees, and beverages. Anthony’s Des Moines features a lovely panoramic view of Puget Sound, and the Olympic Mountains. Open daily for lunch with a casual style no reservation necessary restaurant on the first floor featuring seafood, pastas, salads, burgers, and fish tacos.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Anthony's HomePort - Des Moines - Best Restaurants in Des Moines ›
Anthony's HomePort - Des Moines reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (83)special occasion (53)great for outdoor dining (24)neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (23)good for groups (23)romantic (23)great for brunch (22)fit for foodies (16)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (5)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- fl013Dined on 8/24/2014We met friends from out of town here and enjoyed the view as well as the delicious dinner. Since my husband and I arrived early, we went to the bar and our friends joined us there. Within a few minutes the hostess came by for us to go to our table. We were pleased to have a table by the window, even though we had not requested it. The food was very good, and we had pleasant wait staff both in the bar and in the restaurant. The evening went smoothly; we had no complaints, and we will dine there again.Special Features:
- wonderful experienceJosephineDined on 8/23/2014We took some neighbors out for a " thank you dinner" prior to our out of state move. We all had a great 3 hours at Anthony's. We appreciated not being rushed so we could enjoy an extended chat over a second glass of wine. The food was outstanding and the service impeccable. Anthony's is a classy place. They have always been able to balance value with consistency. We highly recommend themSpecial Features:
- D111OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Wonderful food service and spectacular views. Our out-of-town guests were very impressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waterfront viewcdtulawDined on 8/20/2014If you enjoy good seafood and you are having guests from it if town you can't miss with Anthony's. I had some friends traveling from the Midwest and they thoroughly enjoyed the gods and waterfront views. You can also walk along the marina after dinner and see all of the boats or on the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serving sizeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014I felt that the portions were a little large for some over 65 eaters. I would like to see the the before 6:00 smaller menu served on the weekends also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent early dinner menuTahiti3Dined on 8/15/2014Had early dinner with friends to avoid Friday rush hour traffic. The Dungeness crab stack appetizer was amazing! The dinner specials had good variety but only seafood appetizers. 5pm was too late to get a table on the deck, but our booth actually had a better view over the breakwater. Our server Gloria was nice but didn't refill water glasses on a hot day without prompting. Note to management - dark blue water glasses mean the level is not visible to a busy server dashing between tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view & foodGinnySVIPDined on 7/31/2014Chowder was good and all seafood was cooked perfectly. Very crowded and noisy at times. We sat upstairs and had a great view of the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!JeroniDined on 7/31/2014Our party of 8 was accommodated in an efficient and caring manner - I highly recommend Anthony's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in every wayluv2eatVIPDined on 7/28/2014We do not get to Anthony's as much as I used to about 20 years ago. It remains a wonderful setting and great food. We had some out of town company fly in and wanted to take them someplace with a great view. Anthony's in Des Moines was our first choice. The food and service were great. Our friends could not stop talking about the great view. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food - locally ownedUSATLCDined on 7/27/2014Everything was superb except for garlic shrimp was bland that my dad had for entree. He told the staff and they did not offer another dish or express regret, etc. the berries dessert was all superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky Me!SeaGal2009Dined on 7/24/2014Live within walking distance of this fabulous restaurant and it is my go-to place when visitors come to town. I have never been disappointed with the food, service, or cleanliness of the restaurant. Yes, Anthony's is a chain, however, the Des Moines Anthony's feels like a try hometown restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Food was mediocre and high priced. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Dining on the water is a great experience.Special Features:
- Great food all aroundMrsMacDined on 7/19/2014We went for my mother's birthday as we have in the past since we love this restaurant so much. Everything we ordered was delicious! Pan fried oysters are always perfectly cooked. Salmon, chowder and tempura prawns were all delicious. We had a berry cheesecake and a berry shortcake for dessert and the berries were so fresh and sweet. All around we were impressed by the excellent service and the food. We will definitely be back again. Also happy hour is amazingly well priced!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will dine againKariDined on 7/17/2014Fantastic views, friendly and very knowledgeable staff, good menu diversity (also offers gluten-free menu). Consult waiter for recommendations. Pricey, but not out of line for type of dining.Special Features:
- Fabulous Anniversary DiningLittleRyckyDined on 7/17/2014We chose Anthony's to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and would highly recommend it to anyone. The staff went out of their way to make it a spectacular night, especially our server Callie! We had a corner window table with unobstructed views of Puget Sound. Food and drink was all outstanding. I look forward to celebrating future events at Anthony's in Des Moines!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaspersdadDined on 7/16/2014Clam chowder was great, as usual, and the service was top notch. Main courses varied from steak to salmon, and everyone enjoyed their meals. Highly recommend for the water view and dining!Special Features:
- Good food and serviceFood4ThoughtDined on 7/11/2014Have eaten at several Anthony's and they never disappoint. Our party of four had a baked seafood and artichoke dip with toasted baguette rounds for dipping. Very good. We also had seasonal salads and chowder, also good. Two of us had Alaskan salmon, one had swordfish and one the crab cakes. All very tasty, however, the salmon was served over puréed potatoes, which we didn't care for with fish. Would have been better with a pilau or risotto. The only negative was that we were seated by the window overlooking the harbor. Normally that would be lovely, but at 6:30 pm in July the sun was still hot and enveloped our whole table making us squint and perspire. Those blinds that block the glare but not the view would have been a relief.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joypatparty1Dined on 7/5/2014Maria waited on us and she was excellent! very knowledge about the menu. My husband and I enjoyed our meals and the view. It was a great place to have a birthday!Special Features:
- great findEmmanuelVIPDined on 7/1/2014First time reading at the Des Moines location of Anthony's. The location and view are stunning. Food was good without being spectacular (given the office), service was great. Overall the experience was awesome if you are not too price sensitive. Let's be clear, you are buying the view and experience, and it is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HomeportGlad2dineDined on 6/26/2014Fantastic food excellent service and an overall great dinning experience. Recommend to all you friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood Great ViewnativeduckDined on 6/24/2014Love this spot. Had a fantastic sunset view matched only by the high quality of the seafood! Service was attentive and fun. Would strongly recommend.Special Features:
- One Of Our FavoritesChrisVIPDined on 6/22/2014Always - Always - Always fantastic food at a good price. Beautiful view of the Sound and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of My Favorite RestaurantsdudsmomDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I dined at this restaurant last Saturday night. The food was great and also the desert! We had reservations at 6:30pm but was surprised to see how crowded it was. It took a little longer to get our drinks and food then usual but was worth waiting for. This restaurant will always be on the top of my list.Special Features:
- Graduation dinner of 20AndiJ2014Dined on 6/21/2014My husband's and my extended family came to celebrate my husband's graduate school graduation. We had a party if 20. The staff was great at refilling drinks and splitting up the check for us. They really made his night special. The only tiny flaw was we were in front of the upstairs windows and there were no blinds so the half of us facing the window wore our sunglasses. It was a great evening and we would definitely do this again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Pacific Northwest at its finestlovelyDined on 6/18/2014Delicious food, friendly servers, fantastic view of Puget Sound and a marina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally it all came togetherDogMomDined on 6/6/2014I've dined @ Anthony's frequently - sometimes the food is awesome, service average, seating average....This dining experience it all came together - delightful service! Fish cooked to perfection! Nice window seat for dad. Thanks Anthony's....my dad was very happy!Special Features:
- Great salmon, but REALLY?Kngl7Dined on 5/31/2014At our table of four for dinner, three of us had the planked Copper River salmon. The fourth had the only chicken dish on the menus, a chicken burger from the bar menu. The burger was taken off our bill after the first one went back due to the hair in the sandwich. The salmon was great, even given the $30 price tag. However, it came without a salad and without dinner rolls. When a table is spending over 100 bucks in a mid-level restaurant, you should expect a few accompaniments.
- Splendid spot for a business lunchDonkeyHodeyDined on 5/30/2014The view is gorgeous and the food is very good-to-great. The wait staff was attentive yet unobtrusive. The noise level is more manageable than most restaurants these days so one does not have to shout in order to carry on a conversation. Ideal for a business lunch or a special dinner. Surprisingly close to the rest of the world given its feeling of being set apart from it.Special Features:
- Very pleasantly surprisedSjShuly1Dined on 5/18/2014Had a fabulous birthday brunch for 7 of us. Reasonably priced, fabulous service and very good food. Brought out platters of fruit and baskets of blueberry coffee cake before we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014I had two co-workers from Austin, Texas in Seattle for a day. We met with a customer during the day and I took them to Anthony's for dinner as I knew it would offer a number of Seattle experiences (the waterfront scenery, a better than average menu, an adequate wine list and better than average service). Anthony's did not let me down. My co-workers enjoyed the view and their dinners. A bonus for me was it was the first day they had Copper River Salmon on the menu!Special Features:
- Too greasyMattDined on 5/15/2014The atmosphere and service were great, but don't order anything that's cooked in oil unless you want very greasy food.Special Features:
- Special Occasion resultsGlad2goDined on 5/15/2014I had requested reservations for 4 at 5:45p at least 3 weeks in advance and since it was a double special occasion, a table by the windows for the view. We were shown to a booth (doesn't work for some of oldies, as there is a high step up to get into the booth) and I again requested a table where we would have a view. We were placed in a section of tables so closely squeezed together the waitress could hardly get around to serve. By time we were ready to leave at 7:00p the noise level was so bad, we couldn't hear each other; we could hardly get out of our chairs to get up. It was a pleasure to leave. They need to reduce that area by one 4 place table and reduce the money making properties obvious by it's presence. Downstairs calmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day brunchBirthdayDined on 5/11/2014Excellent food at an excellent restaurant. It was a beautiful day in Des Moines. The view from the restaurant was outstanding. When the waitress found out I was a Soldier, she gave me a 10% discount. I would recommend this location to any of my friends.Special Features:
- Re open tableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Thanks to Open Table I was able to get into a place like Anthony's at the last minute on Mothers DaySpecial Features:
- Disapointed with the serviceECTransplantsDined on 5/11/2014Took my wife here for Mothers Day since our children live out of state. Hostess staff and waiter need more training to make the guests feel welcome, holiday or not. The Seafood Omelette and South of the Boarder Scramble were very good as was the Blueberry coffee cake. The fresh fruit could have been a little riper. As the title says the service from our waiter could have been a lot better, seemed like a bus person was promoted to wait staff for the holiday.Special Features:
- Great dining experiencesnookieatsDined on 5/11/2014We were visiting the area from Ks and entertaining family. Our requests were honored and we had the special view table we had requested. Very good service by Patty. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerPatfromSVDined on 5/10/2014We've eaten at Anthony's several times and always have a really good meal with really good service. Wonderful chowder and many fish selections. Very noisy on a Saturday night but otherwise great.Special Features:
- Birthday Party of 12OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/4/2014Thank you for your great accommodation of our timing and our group. Allowing us to have our own wines was also very much appreciated. Everyone enjoyed their evening and their meals.Special Features:
- Outdoor dining at it's bestPickypersonDined on 5/1/2014This restaurant is great for it's 2nd floor patio...when the weather gets warmer, plan to get there at 4:30 so you can get an umbrella and the perfect spot...and it's Happy Hour...and then sit back and enjoy!!!Special Features:
- The following 80 reviews are from the Anthony's HomePort - Des Moines reviews archive.
- Wonderful place to dine.....wackykhakiDined on 4/28/2014This place has been here forever and has always been one of the best restaurants in the area. We seem to keep coming back even though it is further to drive than many other great restaurants in the Seattle Tacoma area. The food and service were impeccable and the view of the harbor and marina are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.