Anthony's Cummaquid Inn
2 Route 6A
Yarmouth Port, MA 02675Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Anthony's Cummaquid Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pier4.com/
- Phone: 5083624501
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, View
A word from Anthony's Cummaquid Inn
Anthony's Cummaquid Inn offers stunning bay views on beautiful Cape Cod.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Anthony's Cummaquid Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (9)special occasion (5)romantic (4)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Anthony's as I remember itFoodEnjoymentDined on 10/4/2014Having grown up with Pier 4 as a family favorite special place to dine, I was happy to see Anthony's open once again in Yarmouthport for a romantic dinner with my wife. The food was awesome, better than what I prepare myself (I love to cook). My wife was anxiously looking for a great lobster bisque while on the cape and Anthony's was top notch! Of course the popovers were delicious and perfectly flakey. While we did not order it, the fixed price menu looked wonderful and at a very reasonable price. Many of the people sitting around us were ordering it and we only heard positive comments. We loved the smoked salmon, oysters, clams, and shrimp appetizer plates. It was so large that with the bisque, we left the restaurant fully satisfied.Special Features:
- Good, but dissapointed a bit.BestChoiceYouWilMakeDined on 10/4/2014The service was great. We had a very nice waitress. But the food was not as noteworthy as we expected or thought it would be. The view was also not as spectacular as we thought either. Overall, my wife and I enjoyed our evening dinner, but we'll pass on to a different place next time.Special Features:
- Old fashioned but so so goodtftmomDined on 9/13/2014Delicious meal. Popovers to die for. Generous cocktails. Awesome Brussels sprouts. Three course lobster or filet dinner is reasonable at $26. Yes the place could use some updating but the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisitePaulsangelVIPDined on 9/5/2014We love this place and have been dining here for a long time. The service is excellent and the food is just wonderful.They serve hot popovers and glover salad with your meal. The noise level is low which we love and we hope they will be here in Yarmouthport for a long time to come. We certainly would miss dining here if they ever closed.They are located on beautiful Rt 6A in Yarmouthport Cape Cod. Plenty of room so large parties are not a problem. There is even a pianist I believe on Saturday nights. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- needslotsofworkDined on 8/31/2014I was very disappointed in the overall experience. The dinning room needs some work. Wallpaper was peeling. Décor very old. The service was slow due to what looked like understaffing. We won't be hurrying back any time soon.Special Features:
- Outstanding!PaulsangelVIPDined on 8/8/2014Love Anthony's! The food is excellent the service perfect and the view spectacular! One word: CLASS.What more could you want!Special Features:
- Great Choice!ChatexDined on 7/5/2014We took our son here with the family for his 26th birthday dinner. I used to come here with my family years ago, before the restaurant closed for several years. I had heard it is open again and still has great food. We were not disappointed. The place was exactly the same as we remembered, even the mushrooms, sale, and popovers were the same. We arrived shortly before sunset, the view was beautiful. Everyone was very happy with all of their food choices, drinks too. Nice familiar piano background music for all ages, even my 87 year old mother was humming along with the show tunes. The pace could use some "freshening up", inside and out, but the meal and setting were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique experienceEllenSFDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant could definitley use a renovation. When my husband and I pulled into the parking lot for an early reservation we weren't even sure the restaurant was still in business. With that being said, once inside we could see the former charm of the place. It was like stepping back into the 1970's. The staff was extremely attentive, the menu was large and the food was terriffic. They also made great cocktails which they served in large highball glasses. I would definitley go back for the baked stuffed claims, the salad (delicious) and the lobster! The lobster was so huge my husband could not stop taking pictures of it. We will definitley go back to this restaurant the next time we are on the Cape.Special Features:
- The following 141 reviews are from the Anthony's Cummaquid Inn reviews archive.
- Love Anthony'sPaulsangelVIPDined on 6/20/2014We have been coming here for a long time. The food is always great as well as the service.The view is one of the best on Cape Cod.Special Features:
- Good Old-fashioned DiningMofitzDined on 6/13/2014Delightful place. Very old school, but completely charming for exactly that reason. Suberb service, generous cocktails, good food, lengthy wine list, and even in the rain the was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy ElegancePaulsangelVIPDined on 6/6/2014I love Anthony's and have been dining here for 30years.The food is excellent and the view one of the best on Cape Cod.They serve hot popovers and glover salad with the dinner and the waitstaff is great.I love that it is quiet and we can talk, that is an added plus.I highly recommend this restaurant.If you love classy elegance you will love Anthony's of Cummaquid.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/10/2014This once-elegant restaurant still performs a highly credible job, serving up what we considered well-prepared local fare in a dated but still lushly-appointed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JCL0512Dined on 5/10/2014Very old Inn in need of repairs. Food was fine. Great view of Cape Cod bay.
- Outstanding Perfect!PaulsangelVIPDined on 4/11/2014We love Anthony's. The view is spectacular and one of the best on Cape Cod. The food is delicious. All is served with fresh popovers and glover salad. It is nice and quiet where you can sit and actually hear your friends and family talk I love that! Anthony's is very elegant I hope it always stays in beautiful Yarmouthport on the Cape.Special Features:
- Refined ElegancePaulsangelVIPDined on 2/21/2014An outstanding eatery that we have frequented for many years. Located in beautiful YarmouthPort right off Rte 6A. It is quiet which we really love. The food is delicious and is served with giant popovers and glover salad. We love this beautiful old fashioned style restaurant. The waitstaff is very attentive and we are always very happy. In one word CLASS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceChasgiorDined on 2/14/2014Went here for a special occasion, never having been before, was very happy with the meal and the service was outstanding! The building itself is a bit dated but its location overlooking Cape Cod bay can't be beat. Looking forward to going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Anthonys!PaulsangelVIPDined on 12/27/2013Love dining here! The food is excellent and so is the service. It is like dining in a mansion with private waitstaff. Nice and quiet--,far away from the noisy eating establishments that people seem to go to. Old world style. The view is beautiful right near the water especially at sunset. One word: CLASS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite Dining!!!!!PaulsangelVIPDined on 12/20/2013I have loved to dine here for a very long time. It is old fashioned, elegant and the service is exceptional. They will bring hot popovers to your table and they are delicious!The salads are always fresh and the entrees wonderful!! If you want ordinary don't dine here. This place is extraordinary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World ElegancePaulsangelVIPDined on 12/13/2013I love this place. Have been coming here for 25+ years (that should tell you something). The food is always good. They serve hot popovers and a delicious glover salad with the entrees. It is quiet which we LOVE! I am so tired of eating places that are noisy. So Anthony's is always delightful!! One word: Class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most senicKatnipDined on 10/20/2013I have always have liked Anthony's, love the old atmosphere and food is always good . My guests were so impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place...........charDined on 9/22/2013One of the best kept secrets on the Cape. Great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beLAR54Dined on 9/6/2013Our server brought the food which was mediocre, and then disappeared, We waited a long time after finishing the meal before he reappeared while the tables around us had their servers back and forth several times. No water refills, no clearing of used dishes. I ordered stuffed filet of sole with newburg sauce. The sauce was thick and lumpy. The best and only good thing about the whole meal was the popovers. We've been going there for many years. We won't go back again.Special Features:
- We celebrated my sister'sLaurenssisterDined on 7/27/2013We celebrated my sister's engagement here and it was delightful! Pop on over!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be a gem if mgt wouldPapaDined on 6/28/2013Could be a gem if mgt would train staff and fix kitchen wait.
- Although the food was verytjjeVIPDined on 6/22/2013Although the food was very good and very reasonably priced, it is no longer the Anthony's of old. The service was fair at best and the building needs significant repair. A truly great restaurant has faded into the sunset. We were disappointed.Special Features:
- The building is very run down,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/22/2013The building is very run down, peeling paint, water stained ceilings, tiles missing, chairs worn out and scratched, even the grounds and parking lot were neglected. Our waitress did the best she could in that the host/manager was also tending bar and clearing tables. Our party of 4 did enjoy our meals but the restaurant certainly is not up to the standard of Anthony Athanas who would frequently greet guests at his restaurantsSpecial Features:
- I was quite saddened to seeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2013I was quite saddened to see such a deterioration of the restaurant inside, the exterior and the landscape. The carpeting in the dining room was worn and ripped in some locations, the beams were pulling away from the ceiling and the blue draperies were tattered and stained.The exterior is in dire need of a paint job, a new roof and gutters. It's a shame they have let this property decline as it was such a beautiful building years ago. However, the food was good (we had salmon, and NY sirloin) and it was prepared as we had requested. They still have the yummy popovers. The selection of wines by the glass is very limited, so we were not able to find any wines to our liking. They do have more wines by the bottle. The service was prompt.
- Outstanding view, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2013Very glad we made this choice for a special occasion meal. Menu offered enough for the three of us to enjoy a great meal, portions abundant. Service was friendly, timely and in unobtrusive Majestic view added to making the event spectacular. The building is decorated nautical however there is much wear to the carpet, awnings and fixtures that unfortunately take away from it's charm. Looking forward to returning on our next visit to the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2013I gwd booked the place for my graduation. I brought my parents expecting a great meal with great service. Instead, when we arrived the manager abruptly told us the kitchen was closed, pushing us to leave. I had to argue and show him our reservation to get seated. Then the service was very unwelcoming although the food was okay. The decor is aged inside and ss we came for dinner, we could not see anything of the supposed view. A totally flunked graduation dinner.
- Cape Cod GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2013The Cummaquid Inn is a beautiful old building overlooking Cape Cod Bay, marshlands and salt water inlets. The views at sunset are spectacular. The interior is elegant and is ideal for a special occasion. The Cummaquid specializes in seafood, and on our most recent visit my wife especially enjoyed her boiled lobster dinner and I enjoyed my favorite dish which is baked sole with lobster stuffing and newburg sauce. Prior to the main course we also enjoyed oysters on the half shell which were large and very fresh.Special Features:
- Always SpectacularPaulsangelVIPDined on 5/17/2013Love this place. It is like stepping into an era gone by. The food is excellent. They serve the best popovers salads and entrees. Beautiful views so be sure to arrive at sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful viewNannyplus8Dined on 5/5/2013A typical Anthony's restaurant - Good food, great service, a little tired looking but definitely fits in on Cape Cod. A lot less money than some of the fancier bistros are looking for.Special Features:
- Oldies but goodiesJohnVIPDined on 5/5/2013The food and service were very good and the view was beautiful but the place needs some updating. It could use some painting to brighten it up a bit (as was done with the sister Anthony's Pier 4 in Boston). No need to change the ambience, but it needs some sprucing up. But overall, we had a delightful dinner, with a terrific server, good food and drinks, and a great view. We don't getto Cape Cod very often but would be happy to go back again if the occasion warranted it. Have already recommended it to a friend who goes to Cape Cod often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An elegant walk back in timePaulsangelVIPDined on 4/26/2013If you like noise,and mediocre dining this is not for you. This is old fashioned elegance and class! They serve great food with warm popovers and glover salad. The view is spectacular! The waitstaff perfect. A special place that we have been dining in for 30 years! So refreshing compared to the modern day establishments that are out there.Always perfectly elegant with great food and ambience. I will take Anthony' s any time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantice ElegancePaulsangelVIPDined on 4/5/2013Elegant and old fashioned. The food is excellent. The service excellent. And the views at sunset one of the best on the Cape.Special Features:
- Favorite place on the Cape......charDined on 4/5/2013My favorite place to dine on the Cape. Incredible views and great food.Always feel welcome.Special Features:
- Hidden GemPaulsangelVIPDined on 3/1/2013I have been coming here for a long time. The food is great,service great and the views at sunset the best. My favorite place!!Special Features:
- Elegance and classPaulsangelVIPDined on 1/25/2013Always great. Elegant old fashioned. Great service and food. Beautiful views especially at sunset. I have been coming here for 30 years. Enough said.Special Features:
- Always a fantastic experience.charDined on 1/4/2013Always a fantastic experience. The ambiance and attentive waitstaff paired with fantastic food always make for an enjoyable time. We really love the lobster and prime rib. The fireplaces always are inviting and cozy.Special Features:
- Dissapointed New Years Eve experienVibrantVIPDined on 12/31/2012We made reservations in advance for a party of 6. It took.over 45 minutes for the server to take our order. 2 hours before our meal was delivered cold. Every time we sent it back it came back the same way. Cold popovers. The food was sold cold the butter did not melt on the food. When we complained to the owner/manager he was disinterested with our complaints. It is obvious from the staff and the facility that this restaurant is destined for closure. Anthony's in its day must have been a much better restaurant.