10 South Broadway
Saint Louis, MO 63102Neighborhood:
Downtown St. Louis
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tonysstlouis.com/
- Phone: 3142317007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Vincet P. Bommarito
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
A word from Anthony's Bar
Anthony's Bar in downtown St. Louis is THE cool and happening place for lunch and dinner. Casual and relaxed - come as you are, but feel free to dress to impress. Headed to a Cardinal's game? Your jeans and jersey will fit right in. During the week, Anthony's Bar is a power lunch hot spot, where diners enjoy specialty salads, flavorful sandwiches and fresh fish. In the evening, dinner might be a perfectly grilled steak, herb-stuffed salmon, or a pick from a variety of other unique and always fresh entrees and salads. Anthony's Bar is the ideal destination for a quick burger after work, cocktails, and/or dessert, date night, girls' night out, or dinner before or after a ball game. Owned by the venerable 4 star Tony's restaurant around the corner, Anthony's Bar shares its kitchen and its philosophy of providing guests with an incomparable dining experience. Anthony's Bar provides complimentary valet parking at Tony's restaurant at 410 Market Street.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Anthony's Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- this is a great spotdrlungVIPDined on 9/27/2014Anthony's bar is essentially Tony's in a relaxed atmosphere. The two "bartender -servers" are terrific regardless of how busy it gets, the food is excellent, either its own menu (my wife adores the chicken milanese) or you can order from Ton's menu. Plus there is a large tv which you can watch for an important event sport or otherwise or ignore. Its a favorite place. Even when crowded it is not noisy. What more can I say?Special Features:
- AnthonysMikeBDined on 9/20/2014Great food, great service. Reason why this place is one of my favorites in the whole country!Special Features:
- Unexpected charmExploringLifeDined on 8/15/2014Anthony's Bar while quiet small has the quality & service of Tony's in a social atmosphere. Our group of 4 enjoyed their broad wine selection, flavorful entrees and delectable desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed The Food at Anthony's BartasteeDined on 8/12/2014Four of us dined her during Downtown Restaurant Week and ordered from the special menu. First-course cannoli and prosciutto--fresh-fig salad were delicious, as were the pork chop and chicken Milanese entrees. Desserts were the highlight. Portions were generous. A few of the dinner rolls weren't fresh and were replaced with apologies from he waiter. The food comes out of sister restaurant Tony's kitchen so you can count on ti to be delicious. And you get the standout desserts of Helen Fletcher, Tony's executive dessert chef.Special Features:
- WowFirsttimethereDined on 7/30/2014Lovely spot, classy but not stuffy Excellent menu and service Our waitperson forgot an appetizer which was disappointing but very apologetic . Wheelchair access is tight and needs to be improved Bar stools should be moveable. I cannot believe they are nota fire hazard. The food was excellent: traditional but imaginative. How I wish there was a jewel like this in Boston. Overall it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingdisappointingDined on 7/16/2014i have been to anthony's before with no issues - this visit was not up to par. Food had no flavor/seasoning, salmon was dry. Worst issue is the mgr reprimanding the waiter/bartender where we could see and hear it. It made us not want to comment on the food as it could have caused more negativity. Not the Bommarito experience you would expect for the amount of $$$ spent.Special Features:
- Tony's OptionKerenVIPDined on 7/12/2014Tony's St Louis top restaurant has a more casual side, Anthony's Bar. Food is great and you can order from Tony's menu too. We have been dining with this family for over 50 years. Some items are so great they have been there the whole time. Sometimes their special is black grouper over risotto, try it! Asparagus season so enjoy either the mixed salad or the one with only white and Gorgonzola cheese. No one does pasta like Anthony's and Tony's. We go often, and will continue dining with them.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 32 reviews are from the Anthony's Bar reviews archive.
- frequent flyerfrequentflyerDined on 6/21/2014Anthony's never fails to live up to expectations. The food is wonderfully prepared, and it is a very good value. It is always quiet and good for enjoying the company and the food. Long may it prosper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality without the fussFlorida27Dined on 6/21/2014If you want the same well-regarded food from the Tony's kitchen without the high-end ambience of the Tony's restaurant, have dinner next door at the bar. The atmosphere is more casual yet still special, classy. It's like having your own private restaurant. Plenty of appealing menu options. Nice, big portions. Leave room for dessert: lots of temptations and worth it.Special Features:
- great pre game noshscobesVIPDined on 6/3/2014Once again we visited Anthony's before a Cards game. It was an early game on a Tuesday, so the bar/restaurant was almost empty. Great food and service. The real perk is using Tony's valet for parking. Nice to go hop in your car immediately and head home!!Special Features:
- Great service by GeraldLittleGirlDined on 5/2/2014The food was OK but it was Gerald, the bartender, who made it a great experience.Special Features:
- Cod? You bet!quietmanVIPDined on 4/17/2014My wife and I went on a Thursday evening. I ordered the evening special, a cod loin served with fresh vegetables. I was looking for something light and got it. It was flavorful and moist. A total surprise. A cream of asparagus soup preceded the main course. That too was delicious. As usual the presentation was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new place to tryMissarooDined on 4/11/2014It is VERY small and quaint, At first we thought we were in the wrong place because I could literally throw a roll from one corner of the restaurant to the other. We were greeted almost immediately by our server and sat. Girard was VERY friendly and outgoing and was attentive and interactive the whole night. I could tell it was a good place because there were regulars that came in and sat at their "regular" table. The older owner who was dressed in a full suit came over to greet us and welcomed us as first time customers. Very nice touch. The ambience was nice as there were also cardinal fans at the bar having wine dressed for the game. I would definitely go back in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anthony's never fails to providefrequentflyerDined on 3/18/2014Anthony's never fails to provide excellence on all counts, as it shares kitchen and style with Tony's next door. The ability to order from Tony's menu us just another plus, but Anthony's offers excellent value on its own. The tradition of quality survives well here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tony's Casual sideKerenVIPDined on 3/14/2014Tony's in St. Louis is the best in town. Whenever we have out of town guests ,this is where we go. Anthony's Bar is a casual less expensive side of Tony's. You can get the Tony's menu and Anthony's. On Anthony's menu this past weekend there was fabulous lobster bisque. We had the fresh asparagus salad and the famous Tony's salad. The black grouper was a special this night which we love and also had Dover sole. Nobody does the sole better. There is always a wonderful pasta special to have as side dish, starter or main course. We have been going to this family restaurant for 50 years. Vince, Vince Jr and James always make us feel as family. We are so glad to have this option in St. Louis.Special Features:
- Love Anthony's Bar!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014Anthony's restaurant was my favorite restaurant in St. Louis, and I was extremely disappointed when it closed. I hadn't been to the bar in a couple years, so I had forgotten how fantastic it is. Romantic, delicious food, a wonderful experience. I can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Anthony's has always beenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Anthony's has always been a wonderful restaurant and continues to be wonderful The food is tasty, diners have access to Tony's offerings, the staff is pleasant. The overall experience is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the food options,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2013We love the food options, either Anthony's menu or Tony's. Favorites include the capellini prima vera appetizer and the brandy ice dessert. Joe is a wonderful waiter, great recommendations and very funny. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Food and Good ServiceGoodtimesDined on 10/5/2013Really enjoyed it overall. Food was excellent and he bartenders were very pleasant. The only advice I would give is to maybe turn up the music in there a bit. Was a bit quiet at times almost to an awkward point.I would recommend this to a friend.
- They could use a little backgroundDotmegDined on 9/12/2013They could use a little background music. Food was good but it was not the kind of place that mades you want to linger.
- great pre game noshscobesVIPDined on 9/11/2013My wife and I wanted a nice pre Cards game meal for our anniversary. We made reservations on Open Table and had a great meal. While it was not an inexpensive night, the food and service were good. Quite honestly, we would have spent a small fortune for food at the game, so dollar for dollar it was a much better value. Highly recommend for a pre game alternative!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We visited during DowntowngrouponhunterDined on 8/24/2013We visited during Downtown Restaurant Week. The food and service were both excellent. Our waiter had a great personality and made some nice suggestions. We were surpised that it was a small location, but once we were seated we didn't feel crowded. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Food, Horrible ServicemichiganDined on 8/24/2013Food was delicious but unless you are well known by the wait staff and owner, you might as well be invisible. Our experience lasted over two hours most of which was time spent waiting on food, no drink refills, not being offered anything extra, and observed others around us being treated like royalty because they were on a first name basis with the owner and staff. So if you can get well known by the staff and owner and don't mind feeling like a redheaded stepchild on your first several visits, you'll be fine.
- You can't go wronglovemyfish55VIPDined on 8/21/2013This charming little restaurant is just the very best of everything. Vince B. is still hands on, telling his stories, he even put cheese on my pasta dish. We went for restaurant week, but the food was still the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Love Anthony's BarOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2013Time and time again, Anthony's Bar has proven to be an outstanding spot for a fabulous dinner. The food is absolutely outstanding. How could it be anything else, as the food comes directly from Tony's. Anthony's Bar has it's own menu, but you can also order anything from the Tony's menu. I eat here a few times a year, and every time I do I ask myself why I don't eat here more often. The owners and the staff always make you feel welcome and greet you with a genuine feeling of hospitality. The service is always top notch and the atmosphere is perfect for a romantic evening or a business meeting. I love Anthony's Bar and everything about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2013It was a pleasure to get to try some of the fare at Anthony's. Great food! Not a lot of seating but if you are out and would like a great quality meal especially if you are dining alone or with one other. Great place to go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable evening. A littleTobyHDined on 8/3/2013An enjoyable evening. A little slow getting the check.
- Classic. Unique. A Must.LovetheLouVIPDined on 8/3/2013Served by Tony's 5 star kitchen, Anthony's Bar is a one of a kind small space designed 1980ish and has that periods advertising agency kitsch. Two waiters/bartenders work the room -- the same two for decades. The food is only eclipsed by the service and unqiqe experience.Special Features:
- Anthony's was awesome. Tony'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2013Anthony's was awesome. Tony's food at a more reasonable price, but still great service. Will be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great location!MU81Dined on 5/17/2013Anthony's Bar is a very small upscale restaurant in downtown St. Louis. We called ahead and asked if casual attire was ok since we were going to a Cardinals game afterwards. We were told it would be fine. It was a very good experience. The food was fantastic as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent.We enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/15/2013Food was excellent.We enjoyed talking to Vince and Vince JrSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The morel pastsa was incredible.GerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2013The morel pastsa was incredible.Gerald is our favorite waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Louis Special... 2 menus, greatChrisX5150VIPDined on 5/8/2013Anthony's menu or TONYs menu... 10/10 Casual and fantastic 5 star food. Smaller tables, old school charm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceDLLMDined on 4/27/2013Wonderful food and service as always. This is probably the best place to go before or after a Cards game!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience overall.EnjoyItalianVIPDined on 4/17/2013Excellent experience overall. Very friendly, attentive service. Interesting menu. Food was nicely prepared. Quite intimate--only a few tables. Highly recommended for romantic meal or special occasion.Special Features:
- Being able to eat off of theJoeGoldberg1VIPDined on 4/13/2013Being able to eat off of the Tony's menu in casual clothes is my idea of a perfect night!Special Features:
- I think it is a perfect littlesallyDined on 2/13/2013I think it is a perfect little place if fabulous food is your main wish.Special Features:
- What a surprise, but I shouldquietmanVIPDined on 1/26/2013What a surprise, but I should have known. The food was fantastic and it was a very fun place to dine.Special Features:
- We have eaten at Anthony'sfrequentflyerDined on 12/27/2012We have eaten at Anthony's many times before, but the food this time was the very best ever (their winter special). And the service was as excellent as always.Special Features: