Anthony's at Paxon Hollow
850 Paxon Hollow Rd
Broomall, PA 19008Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Anthony's at Paxon Hollow
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.anthonysatpaxon.com/
- Phone: 6103530220x3
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday & Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nicole Amicone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: DJ Jerry Every Friday Night Starting at 8pm! Live Music Every Saturday Night!
A word from Anthony's at Paxon Hollow
With a long-standing reputation for delicious cuisine, Anthony"s of Drexel Hill is pleased to expand to this lovely new location. Please join us for fine food and drinks overlooking the beautiful grounds of Paxon Hollow Country Club. Opened to the public in March 2013, our beautifully renovated location showcases Spectacular views while you unwind with a cool drink and delicious food. Open daily for lunch and for dinner, Anthony's At Paxon offers a wide, family-friendly selection of homemade pasta dishes, freshly baked brick oven Pizzas, fresh seafood dishes, gourmet composed salads and other Anthony's signature recipes. To keep our menu fresh and fun, we also offer a unique selection of daily specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Anthony's at Paxon Hollow reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (10)vibrant bar scene (4)neighborhood gem (4)romantic (3)special occasion (3)great for lunch (3)good for groups (2)fit for foodies (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I felt it was a little noisy considering the restaurant was only 50% full when we were thereSpecial Features:
- What a very pleasant surprise!reunionvenueDined on 8/22/2014The wait staff was kind, patient and very accommodating. Management personally greeted our party of 5 and checked on us a few times to make sure we were happy & satisfied. Bathrooms were clean. The food was fabulous! This experience was perfect for our purpose - old high school friends getting together to catch up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- + $FrankHVIPDined on 8/9/2014The add on are pricy and get the bill up, try to stay with the entre!Special Features:
- DiningfriendsDined on 7/23/2014The food was good but food came out at different times. I had the eggplant parm which was very good but it was served with gnocci which I thought was a strange side for a parm dish. Ask for a side of spaghetti and waited over 10 min. They took my entire meal back instead of just bringing me the side so everyone else at the table was done their meal by the time I got minel. I think it's really a bar for the golfers. The inside sitting area is very small and noisy. Most of the room is the bar.Special Features:
- Very good dinnerC4redDined on 6/21/2014My wife and family have visited Anthonys at Paxon a number of times and we enjoy the food very much. On Saturday I had the steak special and my wife had the Veal Ava and both dinners were great. We had a new waitress and it showed but she was friendly and she'll get better with experience.Special Features:
- Great FoodHofBoolDined on 6/18/20143 adults and 3 teens went to celebrate an 8th grade graduation on a Wednesday night. Pizza and a meatball app satisfied the kids. Adults loved the fried risotto ball app and all 3 entrees. The wait staff was young and a little inexperienced, but friendly and agreeable. It was really, really load - mostly due to the acoustics, but also a full bar of golfers :)Special Features:
- Noisy!JKJRDined on 5/21/2014While the food was excellent, the noise level was just too much - and the restaurant was not crowded. It was as if we were in a gymnasium during a pep rally. Until they add something to cut down on the noise, I won't be back.
- DickDickDined on 5/14/2014For a new place, it was run seamlessly and professionally. The waitress was particularly helpful and pleasant while our group stayed much longer than is customary. Equally, the bartender was informative and also very pleasant with an increasing customer base over the time we were there.Special Features:
- The following 9 reviews are from the Anthony's at Paxon Hollow reviews archive.
- Food & ViewmediafoodieDined on 4/24/2014Friendly bartender, great drinks, delicious food, and a beautiful view of the golf course. And nice warm weather set outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night SpecialNicenightoutDined on 4/12/2014Setting is wonderful. Beautiful view of the 18th hole. They had a great group entertaining. There was a large party in the big room so it was somewhat difficult to hear. Drinks were good. Food was good but my husbands dinner wasn't really hot. Need to be sure to get meals out quickly from the kitchen. Looking forward to eating there again but on a weeknight when its not so loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud to talkMomof2Dined on 4/5/2014We went out with another couple. We were seated in front of the wonderful people who were singing on Saturday night. The problem was, they were so loud that we could not hear one another speaking at the table. We asked our waiter if we could be moved to the other side of the restaurant. He graciously allowed us to move. The food was very good and there was plenty of it, you will not be hungry, but I will not be back.Special Features:
- First Time DinerItalianFoodLoverVIPDined on 3/22/2014I brought my Dad to dinner as Anthony's since it's close to his home and thought it would be nice to try it for the first time. The food was good, nice and hot. However, I wasn't expecting this to be mostly pizza and burgers. They had a limited selection of entrees for dinner. Granted this is at a golf country club, but I guess that's why I thought it would be a little more upscale. The noise level was terrible. There are no acoustics at all to absorb sound. We gave up trying to have conversation. Because the food was decent, I would say this is an ok place for lunch. If going for dinner, you may want to try somewhere else, unless you want a pizza night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentjagmanDined on 3/13/2014I visited the website before going and it said there were always fresh fish available. My guest likes fish so . . . Unfortunately, there were no fresh fish, no calamari, and no mussels, the only "fish" dish being a crabcake. I ordered chicken parm and at least one corner of the very thin cheese slice remained unmelted. The drinks were okay. The server did well. Altogether, I'd recommend trying another restaurant.Special Features:
- It was a cold & wintry night,TommyVIPDined on 3/2/2014It was a cold & wintry night, so the restaurant was nice and quiet. Great Food & Service. We can't wait for warm weather so we can dine outside on the deck overlooking the golf course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2014I just moved to Broomall and last night, after leaving two overcrowded Italian restaurants (at Fellini's I had "reservations" which apparently doesn't ensure being seated within a half hour of reservation time), I found Anthony's at Paxon Hollow on OpenTable. Made an online reservation for 15 min. later and was seated right on time. Restaurant is spacious, has a large bar area and a DJ on Sat. night. The hostess and all servers we dealt with all night were wonderful. I was out with a high school-aged cousin who is picky and wanted alfredo sauce. It's not on the menu, but the chef whipped some right up for us, no problem. Overall, I had a great experience and will make this my go-to local spot from now on!Special Features:
- I had eaten at the bar previouslylisalisaDined on 3/1/2014I had eaten at the bar previously and service and food was great. We had some extremely spotty service, wrong food brought, a bottle of wine ordered and a carafe delivered (while I would have been ok with this the price should have been less than the advertised bottle) Our server was probably new so I blame the establishment, not the waiter. It became very loud, very early when the DJ started playing at about 9. Since we were a large party impossible to communicate. Many of the party liked their food, I did not (gnocchi) were clearly not home made. Love the antipasto plate!Special Features:
- Great food, service not so muchLandJMDined on 1/25/2014We decided give Anthony's a try since we enjoyed the location in Drexel Hill. There was good variety on the menu and the food was very good. Portion size was on the larger size but worth the price. The down side to our dinner was the immaturity of the servers. Not very professional and more concerned about hanging out with friends. In addition, I asked for half of my dinner to be packaged to go and the server never brought it back to our table. We waited but did not see him so we just left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.