Prime at Anthe's
4315 Manchester Road
Akron, OH 44319Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Prime at Anthe's
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.primeatanthes.com/
- Phone: (330)644-2239
- Hours of Operation:
CLOSED MONDAYS Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 9:00pm Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Bahas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Jimmy's room is our most intimate & festive room available for parties of 15-30 people. We can also often accomodate large private parties in our dining room, please call for reservations and details.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Warnick 3306442230
- Entertainment: Live music in the Lounge every Friday & Saturday night and Max on Piano every Wednesday night. Prime also hosts several Murder Mystery Dinner shows each year, please visit our Web site for details on the next upcoming show.
- Special Events: "Crime and Pun-ishment" Murder Mystery Dinner Show Saturday, October 17th 5:30pm $45 per person & includes appetizers, dinner, dessert and show! Call for tickets!
- Cross Street: St Rt 619
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: A full size parking lot is located on the left hand side of the builing as soon as customers pull in. Handicapped parking is towards the right hand side of the building where Prime's lounge in located. Banquet parking is located in the back of the building.
A word from Prime at Anthe's
Our Certified Chefs will present you with delicious and innovative foods that will continue to satisfy and intrigue your palette. Our approach is to infuse contemporary methodology and ingredients while still honoring a classical approach to cuisine. Our menu is a wonderful blend of fine steaks, chops and fresh seafood. With a wide variety of interesting appetizers and creative daily specials, we are sure you will love our food. Unlike so many area restaurants, all our steaks are hand cut, in house to ensure the best quality. All the delectable desserts at Prime are made fresh daily by our very own pastry chef. Please come visit our newly redecorated dining room and lounge soon. The new Wine Room provides an intimate setting to enjoy a selection from our expanded wine list. We are here to make sure every visit to Prime, every special and corporate event, will be one to remember. Prime’s Bar, Lounge, and Wine Room has great live music weekly throughout the year.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Prime at Anthe's reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (6)romantic (5)good for groups (5)notable wine list (4)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Food was really fantastic and the service was great. Will be back again.Special Features:
- Pleasant eveningWindyDined on 8/23/2014We were pleasantly surprised at how well we were treated and the quality of the food was awesome. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CmccGemfndrDined on 6/4/2014The ambiance is business casual after work meet for cocktails and dinner feel. The live piano player add a great classy but cozy a great place for a first date that is trying to impress. The food was good and flavorful with good portions and delivered promptly. Service was prompt, friendly and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLarryDined on 5/31/2014I was looking to treat my wife to an evening at a nice restaurant. Our experience turned out to be something of a Bob Evans with table cloths. There was a loud group of 8-10 people beside us. The dress of the people sitting elsewhere around us was far too casual. And what I thought was a wedding singer from a reception that was going on turned out to be a has been lounge singer in another dining room adjacent to ours. Too make matters more frustrating, we were seated for sometime while others seated after us were served first. When our waitress finally showed up, we got the "they" didn't tell me I had this table excuse. The food was good, but not great. We won't be back.
- The following 136 reviews are from the Prime at Anthe's reviews archive.
- bad servicefoodfan29Dined on 5/17/2014Went for dinner with my girlfriend for a special occasion. Food was pretty good but the service was terrible and pretty much ruined the dinner. Expect more from an otherwise high class establishment.Special Features:
- RelaxmcguffeyDined on 4/26/2014The piano player added a great deal of charm to the entire experience. The service was wonderful also. My husband however found that the prime rib was too though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first choiceRSuzanneDined on 4/18/2014Even though it is a 25 minute drive for us and we are completely surrounded by numerous restaurants right in our own back yard, 93 Prime is always our first choice because we love the beautiful lounge area, the steaks are the best anywhere and the value is extraordinary.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinner alwaysjillianDined on 4/12/2014We've been dining here for many years. Food is always excellent and service is outstanding. We have a very special waitress that has always been the best for many years. She is very accomodating with us every time we dine here. The hostess is the best. We miss her when she is on vacation. And she tells us how much she misses us when we miss coming once in a while. Love, love, love all the chicken dishes and salads. Also enjoy the swiss steak on the early bird menu. All of you do a fantastic job. Thanks for being there, we tell everyone we know to come to your restaurant and how excellent the food and service is. Keep up the good work!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night at PrimeCantonDDined on 4/5/2014The appetizers were just great! The meal was OK but not fabulous. We had rack of lamb (ordered medium rare but came well) - 2 fish dinners were just OK - I had pork chop Marsala. The sauce seemed like out of a can, way too thick and salty although the chop itself was perfect. The service was perfect when we arrived. Drinks and appetizers came quickly and were good and hot. After ordering the meal we waited a very long time. When it came it was not very hot. We waited forever to get our bill after finishing. The staff were all cheerie and positive.
- My Prime VisitCJ329Dined on 3/29/2014The food was great, scenic location was beautiful, and the ambiance of the establishment was perfect. This is a great place for either a romantic dinner for two or a nice classy social event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOllieDined on 2/28/2014My boyfriend and I dined here on a Friday evening. We have both only been here once before and were excited to come back! We sat right next to the fireplace with the piano player on the opposite side of us. Even though the piano was so close the noise level was perfect and the gentleman playing the piano was also very nice as he asked if we had any requests or to let him know if the sound was too loud. I highly recommend this restaurant! Our experience was great! The food, service, and ambiance of the restaurant is wonderful! We will definitely be back and also recommend this restaurant to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJazzmamamckDined on 2/22/2014Just went to Prime for the first time! it is now our favorite restaurant! We can't wait to go back! The food was excellent and our waitress was friendly, funny, and very helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very pleasedLindsyDoesntShareFoodDined on 2/15/2014The food was great. Boyfriend got the strip steak and it was cooked and seasoned perfectly! The ahi tuna dinner looked like an appetizer. But was yummy.Special Features:
- A Pleasant SurpriseCharCVIPDined on 2/15/2014We have heard mixed reviews about Prime so we decided to check it out. Four of us dined together and we all gave our experience a thumbs up. I had the pretzel crusted walleye and it was very good and the portion ample. One person ordered a steak medium well and it came out rare....not even close! The scallops in parmesan sauce were good. Desserts are all homemade and the hoho cake was delicious. We sat on the bar side and it was a little noisy. A piano player was supplying very nice music which added to the experience. It is a little pricey. Would we go back? I do not know as there are other restaurants that are as pricey that we like better. But it is worth a visit.Special Features:
- We had the marsala 93 andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014We had the marsala 93 and the Mediterranean chicken .......both were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nice dinner out spot.KarynSDined on 1/18/2014We came here with another couple for dinner. There was a gentleman playing the piano and it was quite nice. I got the potato encrusted halibut special which was very tasty. My husband got the prime rib and he enjoyed it very much-the mashed potatoes were disappointing. We enjoyed the pepperoni bread appetizer. We tried the PB pie for dessert and liked it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve DinnercatwomanDined on 12/31/2013As usual, good food, good service, and good atmosphere. Very glad we chose to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful and RomanticdwglDined on 12/24/2013This was the location of my wedding day luncheon 14 years ago. When looking for a place for my husband and I to spend a quiet Christmas Eve dinner, I thought this would be a lovely place to go. And, it was. The service was good from start to finish, albeit a bit slow paced, which was fine as we were just looking to relax over dinner after attending a church service. I was quite pleased with the ambiance and the meal preparation. Well done!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time. MyMelanieDined on 12/21/2013We had a wonderful time. My husband had the scallops and he said they were awesome. The ribeye steak I had was the best I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- nice placeUrgistDined on 12/18/2013for the price a VERy nice place to have dinner and not drop a fortune. Good food...not spectacular....but quite good and lovely settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013Had a one year anniversary dinner with friends who helped us move to this area. The food was good and the atmosphere was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good piano musicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/29/2013We requested a table near the piano in the lounge and were not disappointed. The pianist was good and played the whole time we were dining except for a very short break. He also seemed to be able to fill requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch for 2AbbeyDined on 11/14/2013We had a very nice lunch date with very good food. We were able to have a table right by the fire. This helped to give a peaceful, relaxing ambience to our experience. Our waitress was very cheerful. We enjoyed everything and will do this again sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of a RestaurantTouristDined on 11/4/2013Tucked away in a residential area, this restaurant is a real find. Not your standard menu. Reasonably priced. Nice culinary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good and plentiful.SusieDined on 11/2/2013The food was good and plentiful. The main dining room could use some spiffing up. There was an unpleasant smell (stale) walking into the lobby and main dining room. Unfortunately our server was not very friendly or pleasant. Barely spoke, kind of brash, and didn't say anything when she brought us our checks. Just walked by and put them on the table ... No thank you, no have a good evening, nothing. There were four of us and it was commented by all how rude it all seemed. And for spending close to $200 I would expect more. At least thank you. As for recommending, I might, but seriously the rude service trumped the decent food. The jury is still out if we would return or recommend. It's possible, however.
- Great AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2013Another wonderful dinner at PRIME... food was hot and delicious, atmosphere was pleasant... we really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First DinnerDennyDined on 10/26/2013Our first time dining since it changed from Anthe's. The remodel of the bar area made It extremely comfortable for celebrating our anniversary. The steak and chop were prepared well and had a great taste. Server was outstanding! Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreDonandKimDined on 10/19/2013I had the Charred Delmonico which was the special. It was decent, but very fatty. The green beans were good, but I'm not sure what the other vegetable was, and wasn't very good. My wife had the scallops and said they were cold and not very good. She ate 1 and a half of the 3 given to her.
- Generally okaylschool12VIPDined on 10/19/2013It was just okay. Nothing too special. French onion soup was very good. All of the food seemed to just have a lot of salt. Service was sub par. Okay place, but after reading all of the praise I expected a little more.Special Features:
- Food was above average, butBillDined on 8/23/2013Food was above average, but not superior. Noise was too loud, due to musician's p.a. Good music, but overwhelmed the place. Service was excellent. I requested a particular server on my reservation and was not told she was unavailable until I had arrived at the restaurant and had to ask for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GenerationsTracyDined on 8/22/2013My parents took us to Anthes for special occasions. We took our children to Anthes, Thursday we celebrated 26 years of marriage by dining at 93 prime. Thank you for great memories and keeping this restaurant open and the same great food and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingJimmyDined on 8/17/2013Reservations were on time. Food was very well presented and exceptionally tasty. Service was good . I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- After reading previous reviews,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2013After reading previous reviews, we thought we were in for a treat. What a disappointment. The server, while prompt, couldn't pronounce the menu items; no one on the floor could tell us if the Perch was Lake Erie or ocean perch. The server called Gnocchi, "Nooky" and said everyone laughs when she says it. Wonder why? The meal was forgettable but we did have a very good bottle of Estancia 2010 Meritage so the evening wasn't a complete loss.
- The food was Fabulous andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/9/2013The food was Fabulous and the staff were terrrific. Very enjoyable evening and would recomend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Astounding serviceDavidDined on 7/6/2013Prime 93's somewhat rural setting makes it a great escape from the "city." I haven't visited this location in decades, but will now do so as often as possible. P-93's menu offers a large array of beautifully presented options and all meals in our party of four were excellent. I've always believed that great service can make a meal, and determine a restaurant's return-worthiness. Our server, Amber, provided the service one always hopes to receive, and yet rarely finds. She was very friendly with a smile, accommodating, and attentive. Everything about our evening will have us returning to Prime 93 at our first opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was ok, but....OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/1/2013When I made my OpenTable reservation, I indicated it was my dad's 75th birthday and asked if they could do anything nice to recognize it. When I arrived, the hostess didn't mention it so I assumed they were keeping it a discreet surprise (which I appreciated!). Dinner came and went, the check arrived and I paid.......and nothing. No mention of it. By the time the check was paid, my dad had gotten up to get the car, so it was too late to flag anyone down. Maybe they don't recognize special occasions? Maybe I should have bothered the hostess and risked ruining the surprise? Regardless, I was very disappointed - Prime at Anthe's touts itself as a place for special occasions. Food was ok, standard Anthes fare. Prime Rib was excellent.
- My husband and friends saidrosebudDined on 5/3/2013My husband and friends said that was the best steak that they had in a long time. I had the stuffed scrod, and loved it as well. It was quiet in the dining room, which we enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/16/2013We had a wonderful dining experience. Our server was extremely attentive (our water glasses never even reached half empty) and the food was delicious. We were not particularly impressed with our appetizers, but the drinks, entrees and dessert were all outstanding. The whole dining experience was lovely. The atmosphere is relaxed, yet you felt like you were a special guest and received all the attention of the staff. We did not feel rushed in the slightest and enjoyed ourselves immensely.Special Features:
- Sauerkraut Balls are the best. BeaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Sauerkraut Balls are the best. Bean salad seamed to have a different ingredient in the 'sauce' which I didn't like as much. If I recall, our server was Haley, who was great. She timed things very comfortably, always removed plates at the right time, carefully boxed our items to take home. She was cheerful, friendly, and knowledgable. I hope we have her again.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2013Great food and service. Server was exceptional. Wonderful place for special occasion.Special Features: