5316 N Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60640Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://anteprimachicago.net/
- Phone: 7735069990x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pedro Aguilar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For all catering requests contact our sevice, Foodlust at www.food-lust.com
- Private Party Facilities: Anteprima is available seven days a week for lunch parties of up to sixty people. Dinner parties would be at buyout prices. Contact Marty Fosse or Doug Kotoske for details.
- Private Party Contact: Marty Fosse 7735069990x
A word from Anteprima
Anteprima's regionally inspired, rustic cooking comes from recipes we've learned in homes throughout Italy. We search the finest ingredients obtainable, buying from local and organic producers whenever possible. Buon appetito! Anteprima is now offering a three course fixed price menu of your choosing, available Sunday through Thursday. Choose any combination of starter, entree and dessert off our regular menu or specials, or, starter, half pasta and entree, with no dessert, all for $29.00. There is a 5.00 up charge on certain items. Visit our new restaurant, Azzurra!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Anteprima reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (94)fit for foodies (72)great for outdoor dining (59)special occasion (48)romantic (44)notable wine list (40)good for groups (16)hot spot (14)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Don't Pass Up the Prix FiteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Unbelievable value for superb food, attentive staff and energetic owner. This is an Andersonville gem that should be on every Chicagoan's list for fine dining.Special Features:
- john bhappy2returnDined on 9/13/2014Marty's gem was great as usual. as are Jasmine's cosmos. Sarah, an excellent waitress, has returned.Special Features:
- So accommodating!CharleyDined on 9/8/2014The patio is a must! The prix fixe was such a delicious deal. One of the best dining experiences I've had in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jeffjDined on 9/8/2014First time here and we'll definitely be back. All of the small plates and main entrees we had were quite good. My girlfriend particular liked the mushroom risotto dish she had, and the farro/stuffed tomato appetizers we all shared were particularly great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Volume times two.food4lifeDined on 9/5/2014We found the noise level to be very intrusive, seriously hindering our ability to effectively communicate with each other. "Energetic" is too generous a word to describe noise and allowing a level 4 rating would have been a more honest choice for me. P.S. I wanted to love this place and perhaps I could on a really slow night.
- Service + value stood out this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2014Have been to Anteprima many times. We go for the authentic Italian food - close to what we experience when we travel in Italy. The food was very good as always, however the service was particularly outstanding. Our server was outgoing, thoughtful, just overall fun to interact with. The biggest surprise was the pre fixe offer (it was a Wednesday night). $29 for three courses. Had a starter, a pasta and a main for that. Unbelievable value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome mealmomzoidDined on 8/31/2014enjoyed the prix fixe menu available on Sunday. Food was amazing! Favorite was the seasonal corn ravioli. YumSpecial Features:
- Friend's birthdayMassimoDined on 8/31/2014Took a friend for birthday Sunday eve the Prie Fix was a bargain at $30 for three courses. The grilled calamari was perfectly seasoned with a black olive and roasted pepper dressing. The sweet corn Ravioli had a complex flavor mixed with a creamy sauce, some fresh grated Parma or Pecorino and seasonal green herbs would have rendered the dish as perfect but the heavy sea salt came close. The entree of pan seared rabbit with a frisee radish salad was seasoned well but lacked some definition of flavor Maybe some capers or tart lemon would have sparked the flavors. Though the flavors here are pure and subtle some additions could make these dishes stand out as innovative and exceptional for Italian regional cuisine.Special Features:
- tasty appsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014We did our own version of tapas and ordered a number of appetizers; we enjoyed them very much. However, our server was sort of scarce and there was an odd odor throughout the restaurant and patio area. the food was good enough that we would try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPuppyLoveDined on 8/30/2014It had been a while since I had been to Anteprima. I'd forgotten how amazing the food is and I'll definitely go back soon. My only criticism was that the food came a little quickly and it wasn't as leisurely a dinner as I would've liked. But the food is outstanding, very authentic, and the prices are truly reasonable. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive Italian foodLakeside2LadyVIPDined on 8/30/2014I have to begin with the great service. Our waiter had great suggestions for our wine and dinner choices. My husband had the Berkshire pork ribs. The portion was small but delicious. I had the crab and shrimp risotto which was delicious, however, there was very little crab. The beet salad was great. We split a carrot cake for dessert. It was home made in the restaurant and outstanding! We sat inside but the small outside dining area was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious little Andersonville gemNotafoodieDined on 8/23/2014Anteprima had great reviews already, but I never expected it to be as wonderful as it was. Everything we ordered was spectacular, seasonal, fresh, and perfectly prepared. The wine list was great, and the waiter was extremely helpful in choosing what to order. I'd have gone back the following night if I could have.Special Features:
- Date nightJbo5102Dined on 8/22/2014Very good service and food! We would definitely go back!Special Features:
- We Keep Going BackPeckishInAvilleDined on 8/22/2014My friends and I keep going back, so I guess that says a lot. The wines are great. Wine by the glass is pricey, but actually a good value as they serve much more than a standard glass. Two could share a "glass" if all you wanted just a bit of wine to accompany your dinner. The food was quite good. In the past I've thought it was over salted, but this time they got it right. We sat outdoors on the patio. I might not have gone if we had been inside, as the indoors noise level is too high for me. Others may enjoy the liveliness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favesKDBalVIPDined on 8/22/2014AntePrima never fails to please with its excellent combination of food, intimacy, and great service!Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodTarsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our first time at Anteprima - and it did not disappoint! We were impressed with the inventive small plate starters, our half portion pasta, Carbonarra with, zucchini flowers, and pepper was delicious, and our main courses of duck breast and skate wing were both well prepared and stand out from other restaurants. We will return!Special Features:
- What happened???2HottieVIPDined on 8/13/2014Our first bad experience here. We come here semi regularly and we were very disappointed all the way around. All of our food was average at best with the exception of the grilled octopus. Lamb was very chewy and under cooked and had to be sent back. Chicken dish was tasteless despite the seasoning. Perhaps one should stick with the pastas which none of us ordered. They are usually good. Server was too busy waiting the outdoor courtyard diners( we were not able to get a table there). And let's not even talk about trying to park. Not sure we'll be back.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/12/2014It's had been a while since my last visit and I was not let down. Great food and top notch service. As I recalled from years ago, it's very loud inside. Not built for quiet romantic dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlanVIPDined on 8/12/2014By far the best restaurant in the neighborhood. Excellent Italian food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Food in the NeighborhoodRex60640Dined on 8/11/2014Anteprima is fine dining with a friendly neighborhood vibe. The prix fixe menu (from Sunday to Thursday) is a great way to be introduced to the delicious options and is a pretty good value as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise in AndersonvilleChicagofrequentguestVIPDined on 8/10/2014We stopped here for dinner after seeing a play at the Raven Theater. Great food and awesome service in a charming and evolving neighborhood. We will be back for sure. Only negative is the parking is horrible.Special Features:
- Great Andersonville PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Anteprima is friendly, fun, neighborhood place that fits really well in Andersonville. We walked there but met people who drove and found parking within a block. We were seated quickly and well taken care of. Hard to do for a group of 8. The food was terrific. Did not get back to the patio but I've been there before and it's very pleasant. Pricing is not cheap but not expensive. Overall a pretty good value for a really good meal. I'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/7/2014Took my good friend there for her birthday...the food was excellent. We ordered 3 appetizers (roasted corn, seared zucchini and stuffed zucchini flowers)-amazing! I had the pork chop, she had the tuna - both tender and well seasoned. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceKTP1974Dined on 8/3/2014We enjoy dining at Ante Primo a few times a year. Our most recent experience did not fail to amaze us, as usual. The food and wine were exciting and delectable, while the service was outstanding. Thank you so much for making us want to come back again!Special Features:
- Love this placeJealDined on 8/2/2014The food was great. The outdoor seating was very nice. The neighborhood is great for a walk after a nice meal. The wine list is very good and affordable prices. The staff and services could not have been more friendly.Special Features:
- Always excellent!PampDined on 7/20/2014A return visit to Anteprima did not disappoint. Started with a Hemingway cocktail. Great for a summer night. The menu is deep. Had something for everyone: fish, pasta, chicken & steak but we easily could have made meals out of the starters, all of which are superb. My favorite this visit: the beet salad. Had NY strip steak. Great, as always. Never pass up the desserts, either. They are wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ouoftowner5Dined on 7/19/2014great fun,, shared food,, very tastey.. wonderful waiter,,John.Special Features:
- never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/19/2014Anteprima never disappoints. This place has consistently excellent food, service and wine, and their outdoor patio is a beautiful space to enjoy a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative FoodOperataVIPDined on 7/12/2014We simply love this place. The food specials say: Chef is in the house. always tasty and creative dishes. Portions are very well sized, you can try multiple things without over eating. noise is a bit high when crowded, but we had a terrific time.Special Features:
- YuckOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/11/2014This dinner was a total disappointment. Our pasta was totally undercooked and, as a result, inedible. In addition, our waiter seemed completed disinterested in serving us and basically bothered by our mere presence. Such a shame that this charming, neighborhood spot is lacking on almost all other levels.
- lmeaVIPDined on 7/10/2014We waited for 15 minutes before anyone asked us if we wanted a drink. Also they sat us next to a very noisy table outside when that was the only table occupied outside. I could hardly hear my friend over the table next to us.
- Was not up to par the last 2 visitsDrCJJDined on 7/5/2014This is one of our favorite neighborhood joints and the last 2 times we have eaten here, we were underwhelmed. The cod in parchment with pesto and veggies was terribly bland and last time the salmon I ordered was over cooked and fishy smelling. The menu specials were the exact same from 3 weeks prior which was a bummer because it wasn't that great of a specials list as it has been in the past. I hope the passion and love for the exquisite food gets back to how it was because we really do LOVE this place!
- NOISY, but good service and foodpeacedinerDined on 7/5/2014Aside from the noise and the post dinner craned sore neck and hoarse voice, Anteprima was EXCELLENT. Server was attentive, food came out in timely fashion and was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Italian PlaceGrecianOkie65Dined on 6/25/2014Food & service great - always have a good dining experience here - I moved away from Andersonville but still think of it as my neighborhood Italian go-to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious! Loved the food so much!liv2eatDined on 6/23/2014Amazing food, wonderful small-restaurant feel, patio romantic and inviting. Prix fixe menu is a great deal for really delicious food! We were so full when we left! That isn't to mention how accommodating they were - I asked to change my reservation to add more people at the last second and they were very gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raindrops keep falling on my headOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014This was our second time to Anteprima, and the food was consistently delicious! I want to go back with a larger group so we can try more things. However, when we arrived, we stood around awkwardly, because my chair was wet. It was a humid night and it had just rained, so there was condensation dripping from the ductwork above. Once we sat, I had to wear my rain coat, because it continued to drip throughout the meal. This is why I rated the ambience lower than I would have otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My secret favorate!!!HedyVIPDined on 6/19/2014I came upon Anteprima geographically! And wow was I impressed! I keep coming back and each time it is better and better! It's now my new special favorite. Garden is quiet enough and cute enough to hear your friends talk to you! Service is excellent. And even parking on the street is possible. Food is special but not "precious"! I give it 6 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014Been here on a number of occassions. I have always been extremely satisfied with everything ive ever had. My wife and I love the 29 dollar fixed price menu This occasion we had the grilled octopus, prawns, orechetti, asparagus ravioli, strip steak , &the lamb. Everything was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableAndersonvillelocalDined on 6/17/2014Have been here many times and you can count on high quality. The prix fix menu is a bargain, allowing you to share a lot of things. This guy knows what he's doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, perfect neighborhoodClayton123Dined on 6/17/2014Great neighborhood restaurant with large menu filled with seasonal specialties and many daily specials. Service was good except for a rude host (owner). Would definitely recommend this for a dinner w mom or weekday getaway dinner. Not overly romantic or refined but delicious and special nonetheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.