5510 Church St
Flowery Branch, GA 30542Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://antebellumrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (770) 965-8100
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nicholas St.Clair
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room for up to 12 people.
- Private Party Contact: Alison St.Clair 7709658100
- Entertainment: Live Music
A word from Antebellum
Nicholas and Alison St.Clair would like to welcome you to Antebellum. We opened our doors in early 2012. Antebellum is located in the Historic District of Flowery Branch. Our menu consists of locally grown vegetables and humanely raised animals. We hope our guests experience hospitality and southern ingredients at their finest. Antebellum is a celebration of southern cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Antebellum - Best Restaurants in Flowery Branch ›
Antebellum reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)neighborhood gem (76)fit for foodies (73)romantic (60)notable wine list (28)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great as alwaysLakeguyDined on 11/21/2014Best hidden gem of any small town in Georgia. Food is always amazing and different. Try all of the appetizers and make a reservation for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern Charm Excellent Food, Slow Servce!!!jamkvickDined on 11/19/2014If you like Southern Charm and Good food this is the place. From the oornbread to the dessert the food was excellent. There were 4 of us who had different entrees. The salmon was outstanding.My wife and friend had Shrimp and Grits. They said that they were some of the best they have had in any restaurant. I had the pork loin on a bed of blackeyed peas that were very impressive. The service on the other hand was a lot to be desired!. i hope it was not the waiter but that they were understaffed. I hope it was just a bad night and that they did not expect as many customers. We will still go back again for the food. Hopefully, they will have corrected their staff issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treasured Find.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014My wife and I decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary at Antebellum. This was our first visit to the restaurant and we were very impressed as soon as we stepped through the door. The staff was very attentive, and the food was incredible. We were very glad we took a chance on Antebellum and we plan on going back. If you have never dined at Antebellum please make the drive up to Flowery Branch. It is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great discovery!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/15/2014It is a great choice for a special occasion. The quaint old house is an intimate setting for exquisite food and excellent service. The crab appetizer was delicous. The salmon entre was cooked to perfection and the sauce a perfect complement. They were wonderful about splitting a salad and even plated it for two without being asked. The wine list was good and reasonably priced. The complimentary champagne toast and desert was a nice touch for an anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!khoffVIPDined on 11/8/2014Loved all the new menu items for autumn; everything was delicious and the service was perfect! My friend from Switzerland loves dining at Antebellum and your blueberry martinis. She had to purchase some blueberry vodka to take back with her because she can't find it anywhere in Europe! See you guys this weekend!!!Special Features:
- Anniversary dateWaldo1953Dined on 11/8/2014She had smoked salmon and I the pimento cheese both wonderful. Shrimp and grits were best we have had anywhere. I had the cornbread crusted pork and it was tender and finished superbly with the collards.Special Features:
- Consistantly wonderfulYellowfinDined on 11/8/2014rarely do you find a resturant that delivers a great dining experience time after time. Antebellum is one of them. each meal is a new and joyful food experience. this was probably my tenth or so visit and im already looking forward to the next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014We have been here several times and always love it, but this time we were slightly disappointed. My husband and I were sat at a large table right in front of the front door, which may possibly have been the worst table in the house. I spent the evening freezing every time the front door opened. The food was still great, although not as amazing as it normally is, which may have been partially due to the fact that I was just not comfortable. Obviously this won't stop us from coming back but we will definitely be requesting a different seating arrangement next time!Special Features:
- Thursday at Antebellum,LoveIalianFoodVIPDined on 11/6/2014I can't begin to say how delightful our dinner was at Antebellum on the 6th of November. I had a new dish, cornmeal encrusted Port tenderloin. It was awesome!!! We started with the pimento bread appetizer and it was just as wonderful. This place is the best restaurant in the entire Atlanta area in my opinion. Will keep going back for more. The pork dish includes black-eyed peas that add to the vibrant flavor of the pork. What a great addition which keeps it southern, but with California notes as well. Very, very good...Special Features:
- Loved everythingluvfarmtotableDined on 11/5/2014We came upon this lovely restaurant just 2 miles from where we live in Buford. Pleasantly surprised to find this gem so close by. Loved everything and impressed with the food and service.Special Features:
- foodcriticVIPDined on 10/31/2014The food and service were wonderful. Can't wait to go back again and againSpecial Features:
- Fantastic spot in Flowery BranchFoodisforfoodiesVIPDined on 10/31/2014My husband and I truly enjoy going to Antebellum. The food is magnificent, prepared with the freshest ingredients and to a perfection. The layers of flavors make the dishes stand out. the service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Every timeKevinGVIPDined on 10/24/2014The menu often changes but, the quality and consistency of great food keeps us coming back.Special Features:
- a gemwineguyVIPDined on 10/24/2014My wife and I went up to this area to pick a new standard poodle puppy and stayed over night so we could travel with the puppy by air in the morning. I did some research and found Antebellum. I read the write-ups and it seemed like a terrific place. we were not disappointed. the chef... just explodes with flavors you wouldn't think would go together but they do! and oh so well. the wines were excellent .... we had the prisoner by Oren Swift and it was priced well and a good value. the service was excellent and the place was busy a good sign that it is a good restaurant. I love places like this as it is a labor of love... you can tell when you walk in and all through the meal when so many come over to see if all is going well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findnorthernfoodieDined on 10/22/2014This was a great find so close to home, usually have to go to Atlanta for food of this calibur. Cute interior, great crafted drinks, wine was superb and the food was delicious. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- high end dining in hall countyRainyZDined on 10/18/2014I feel lucky to have such a well reviewed chef keep a restaurant in Hall County. The food was interesting and delicious. Great cocktails and wine, and the service was just right. A bit noisy because of all the wood in the place, but that was the only downfall. Really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The dishes were extremely well prepared, service outstanding.Special Features:
- I want more!Luv2tryNewDined on 10/18/2014Great food, perfect service! Wish we had more restaurants like this around here......one of a kind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in Flowery BranchPaulNeuman24Dined on 10/18/2014We recently found this restaurant listed in the AJC in the very good category. We wanted to give it a try as there are no restaurants in Lawrenceville offering Novelle Southern. We were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is located in the historic district of Flowery Branch in an old house. It is quite charming. The menu is limited but offers a variety of choices from meats to seafood. Everything is freshly made with local ingredients. We would definitely recommend this restaurant for others for a special occasion or just a nice evening meal during the weekday or weekend. We will return for another meal at Antebellum and look forward to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Antebellum experiencehappytummyDined on 10/10/2014Excellent food and service. Local fresh ingredients. The chef is very talented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014food was outstanding and like that the menu changes daily. Outstanding service and food. This is not a get in and get out type of restaurant. It is an experience that you will enjoy time for conversation and not be rushed during the meal.Special Features:
- Best Kept Secret in Flowery BranchWonderfulDiningDined on 10/9/2014If you want a place that has a great atmosphere in this house that makes you think it was in Gone With The Wind days and with servers who truly cater to your every need this is the place. The menu is small but very selective which enables the Chef/Owner to give you an experience of food that is difficult to find any where. Always a great evening and never disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/7/2014I've been here 4 or 5 times and everything was great. We brought some out of town guest Tuesday and we were disappointed. Not the food quality it was all the other times. But I'll try againSpecial Features:
- Very good experience overallLuckieIIDined on 10/3/2014Noise level awful. Could not hear sever or have a conversation. Needs accustics badly!Special Features:
- Antebellum Hat TrickDisneyDinerDined on 10/3/2014This is the third time this year we have eaten at Antebellum. All three times have been wonderful. The Shrimp and Grits are my favorite. We save this restaurant as a Special Occasion Place because it is a bit pricey but so well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/1/2014Both food and service far exceeded expectations. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My dateSeldomReviewDined on 9/27/2014I have had the shrimp and grits before and it was excellent. But my date had it Saturday night and it had way to much salt in it. Which ruined it. Everything else was good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Everyone loved their meals, and the service was friendly and attentive. I had the fried green tomato appetizer and the salmon entrée. Both were excellent! The desserts we shared were wonderful, also. We'll return for certain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014We loved dining at the restaurant and would certainly return. The service seemed somewhat slow but that was really ok with us for a relaxing evening.Special Features:
- Amazing!!SouthernBelleDined on 9/23/2014Everything was perfect! Food was out if this world! Perfect for a romantic date or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindMikeDined on 9/20/2014Cool surroundings, excellent food, outstanding service. Foodies will not be disappointed !! My only criticism is that the noise level was loud, which hurt the overall potential for a more romantic ambiance. However, I would definitely recommend -- Absolutely, positively worth the drive :--)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I'm not easily flattered when it comes to restaurants, but from the time I walked in the door, I was impressed with Antebellum. From the beautiful house to the mason jars on the table, the restaurant looks really great. The wait service was very knowledgable and helpful since this was our first time here. The drink menu had a varied selection (I had the New Fashioned, it was perfect) and I think there's something there for everyone. We didn't get an appetizer, but the cornbread with the green tomato spread was so good. I had the blackened chicken with green tomatoes and creamed corn. It was the best piece of chicken I've ever eaten. Perfectly cook. For dessert, we tried the coconut cake and the chocolate bread pudding. Both were amazing.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OuttolunchDined on 9/20/2014I had the scallops and my wife had a roasted chicken dish. Both were seasoned and cooked to perfection. When I have scallops at other places, they are frozen and so over cooked that I might as well have had rubber erasers, but at Antebellum they were perfectly seared on the outside and just done inside. My wife's chicken dish was beautifully tender, juicy and delicious. Service was excellent. The staff was very attentive but not overbearing. Couldn't ask for a more pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GLJ1Dined on 9/17/2014This was our second time dining at Antebellum and we will return. A charming place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in Flowery BranchGeorgieDDined on 9/17/2014This is hands down the best food in the area. The ingredients are excellent and mostly locally sourced. The wine list is very different and everything we tried has been awesome. Love the jazz music on Wednesdays.Special Features:
- shrimp and grits to die forKristinDined on 9/13/2014Food and drinks fit for foodies for sure. From appetizers to salads to main course desserts and espresso ALL AMAZING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Menu ChangeslanierprincessVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great to see the new menu changes. Service and food always consistent. Only suggestion was the presentation on the cobbler! Thanks to Vincent and his staff always enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great service!khoffVIPDined on 9/11/2014When we first dined at Antebellum over two years ago, we fell in love with the food; however, what impressed us just as much as the food was the incredible service. Good food is easier to find than outstanding and knowledgable servers. We keep returning to Antebellum because of the service we receive. Thank you, Paul and Vincent, for always making our dinner so enjoyable.Special Features:
- DeliciousCateDined on 9/10/2014Everything was perfect! We would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingelbcDined on 9/6/2014What a delightful meal my friend and I had Saturday night. We were so special. The servers are terrific and the food was amazing. The atmosphere is cozy and elegant. The menu is varied and the food is outstanding and beautifully presented. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.