5510 Church St
Flowery Branch, GA 30542Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://antebellumrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7709658100
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nicholas St.Clair
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room for up to 12 people.
- Private Party Contact: Alison St.Clair 7709658100
- Entertainment: Live Music
A word from Antebellum
Nicholas and Alison St.Clair would like to welcome you to Antebellum. We opened our doors in early 2012. Antebellum is located in the Historic District of Flowery Branch. Our menu consists of locally grown vegetables and humanely raised animals. We hope our guests experience hospitality and southern ingredients at their finest. Antebellum is a celebration of southern cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Antebellum - Best Restaurants in Flowery Branch ›
Antebellum reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (78)special occasion (76)fit for foodies (73)romantic (57)notable wine list (22)great for outdoor dining (15)good for groups (14)hot spot (12)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- MikeDined on 8/19/2014Another delightful and delicious meal! A consistently good choice for an enjoyable evening. Thanks!Special Features:
- Always a Great Experience!diningdivaDined on 8/16/2014Antebellum never disappoints! It is the restaurant we choose for special occasions and romantic nights out. The menu is imaginative, and the food perfectly prepared and professionally served. We are already thinking of when we can return.Special Features:
- Never disappoints.FoodiemomDined on 8/14/2014I met 4 girlfriends here for their Thursday night fried chicken night. It was, as usual, amazing! How they get it crisp but not the least bit greasy is mystifying. Great drinks. Good service. This is one of our go to restaurants.Special Features:
- elbcDined on 8/12/2014Antebellum is a great gem located in Flowery Branch, GA. The chef is most creative and has an outstanding menu. The wait staff is very professional. The know the menu and wine list well. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- never find a place like this againnormbeckVIPDined on 8/8/2014We have been dining at Antebullum for a couple years now, and have written several reviews recommending it to one and all. It is truly a gem. The food, the owners, and the staff are all top shelf in our opinion. We will soon be leaving the F Branch area to return to family up north. Although there are many fine restaurants there, we know we will never find a place quite like Antebellum again. If you have never been to Antebellum, do yourself a favor ang go.Special Features:
- This ain't your mama's SouthernTsquaredDined on 8/8/2014Entrées of salmon, lamb, chicken and shrimp were excellent in both presentation and taste and served hot and quickly. The food was prepared with a combination of flavors and senses; sweet, savory, crunchy, smooth that made for a delightful experience. Our waiter was very pleasant and polite but not at all intrusive. The wine was wonderful (An Australian white). Dessert was yummy cobbler and carrot cake, and the coffee was hot. We had requested a quieter area when making the reservation, so we were sat in a room off of the main dining room that only had 3 tables. It was still noisy, but we could carry on a conversation without too much struggle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014The food and service were just wonderful. It is so nice to have a top restaurant this far outside Atlanta. The menu is top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great European style bistrochioVIPDined on 8/1/2014I really enjoyed that the portions were just right, perfect to enjoy a great evening. I also like that the menu is one page only and everything we tried was absolutely delicious. I'm happy it is in my neighborhood so I will become a VIP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulMissyVIPDined on 7/30/2014We have never had a bad experience here. Ever. Everything coming out if the kitchen is great. Fries green tomato appetizer is a MUST. The lamb and chicken dish were both delicious. The desserts also wonderful. The chef and staff "get it" here. A hidden gem in Flowery Branch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before VacationLoveIalianFoodVIPDined on 7/24/2014We had to visit Antebellum before we headed to Europe for 11 days. Went on Thursday July 24th and had a spectacular dinner. Great beef tenderloin that was prepared to perfection. Washed it down with an Ehlers Cabernet Sauvignon that was just as wonderful. Got us in the vacation mood that evening. I've come to the conclusion that Nicholas is a culinary genius!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with great foodCelsoDined on 7/19/2014I have visited Antebellum about 5 times now. Every time is a tremendous experience. You go there for the great food and service. The noise level can be very intense though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!LunchDined on 7/18/2014Highly recommend...as long as I can still get a table easily! LOL! Great date spot in our backyard. Bottle of wine, app, and amazing meal - under $100. The food is amazing and the wine went perfectly. Tom playing jazz on his guitar was a great overall highlight. Hands down one of the best nights! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything I was hoping to findlovetocookandeatDined on 7/18/2014Antebellum was close to home (Suwanee) and the food and wine were excellent. The fried green tomatoes, delicious! I had the salmon and it was amazing. My husband was a little jealous because, although his lamb was cooked perfectly, my salmon was just a little bit better. I tasted his lamb and the side dish with it was wonderful. I woke up the next morning thinking of how delicious everything was The bartender and waiter were extremely attentive and knowledgeable. Overall, everything was perfect. The only thing that I'm wondering about is if they change the menu seasonally because there were only about five choices for entrees and apps. I'm dying to go back, but worry that I might get tired of the same dishes!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2014The food was delicious! We shared the fried green tomato app, fried chicken & the scallops. You must choose the collard greens as one of your sides. Our waiter was excellent. Looking forward to returning real soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome1avgJoeDined on 7/17/2014Another awesome dinner at Antebellum! This our favorite place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2014My second time here and the service and the food was great. I live in Hampton, but it is worth the drive. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerrcw3Dined on 6/28/2014Besides the food being amazing and eclectic and delicious, the entire staff makes you feel like family. We've been going for a couple of years now and we've never had anything but a 5-star experience. Thanks, Paul...you are the best!!Special Features:
- Great!BrentDined on 6/27/2014Great little place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!LocalladyDined on 6/27/2014Our experience was wonderful. We had a drink at the bar first and the blueberry martini was amazing. The food was delicious and the servers were very attentive. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with My KidsLoveIalianFoodVIPDined on 6/27/2014Went to Antebellum with our son and daughter-in-law. She is a rabid salmon fan and we've been talking about Nicholas's salmon dish. I don't ever order salmon in any other restaurant, but have now done so at Antebellum several times. It is delicious. She did order the salmon dish and was blown away. She loved it!! Our son was impressed by everything we had that Friday night. They are from northern Kentucky so don't have access but only rarely - when they visit. They said they would be regulars if they lived here. Great job Nicholas, Allison and Vincent. Another great evening at Antebellum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wowed !Foodie2Dined on 6/27/2014Romantics will love the quaint atmosphere . Foodies will love the design and energy to prepare your selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usualrobdcdDined on 6/26/2014Antebellum never disappoints. Everything is first class from the food to the service. My wife and I have never had anything that wasn't wonderful. Great job once again. That's why we keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special dinner for twoLove2eatgoodfoodDined on 6/24/2014My husband and I had a great meal - We tried two appetizers - the fried green tomatoes and the pimento cheese toast. They were both great and I would order them again. Wished there had been more of the fried green tomatoes in the serving. We had two different salads and they too were both delicious - the Ceasar and the salad with apples and goat cheese. For our entrees my husband had shrimp and grits and I had the tenderloin. I thought his shrimp and grits were better than my dish. I was not too crazy about the potatoes or the okra. But it was still good. Some bread would have been nice - maybe a variety in a basket like Chops serves. Overall - everything was delicious. It would be too unusual (fancy) for my kids tastes thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014The food is extremely delicious! You can tell that they use only the freshest, finest quality ingredients! The atmosphere is subdued and elegant. We will return often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RUN! Do not walk to grab a table!DisneyDinerDined on 6/18/2014We went to Antibellum for the first time a few days ago for our anniversary. The restaurant is located in an old house with a wide, wrap-around veranda. The food is fresh from the farm. Our waiter, Josh was knowledgable and very helpful. There was a jazz duo playing that night. They gave just the right amount of atmosphere to complete the setting. We enjoyed Vidalia Onion Soup and Fried Green Tomatoes with Bacon Jam as appetizers. I had Shrimp & Cheddar Grits, husband had Lamb. All were superb. Were really enjoyed our special day that was made all the more special by dining at Antebellum. We will be going here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014We went because a friend had told us about the place. First impression was I thought we were at someone's house. When we went inside it was a cute well put together restaurant. Our server Vincent was great very friendly and if we wanted something had it immediately. The food was outstanding and since it was our anniversary he brought us complimentary dessert and champaign I was very impressed and we will be returning with our friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsRitaDined on 6/17/2014Excellent food, atmosphere and service. The halibut was superb and my husband enjoyed the perfectly cooked beef tenderloin with harissa sauce. Their martini offerings are always a delicious surprise.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014First time for my wife and I dining here.....we will definitely return. The fried green tomatoes and the grilled bread with pimento cheese were outstanding. For the entree's.....my wife had the grilled salmon and I had the shrimp and grits. Both great!!!Special Features:
- Hidden GemChopchopDined on 6/11/2014If anybody deserves the description hidden gem, that would be Antebellum. We found it coincidentally on open table and in just three hours the owner prepared an outstanding anniversary dinner. We paired wine over the phone and had it all perfectly executed in now time!!! The food was creativ, delicious and can easily hold up to all the fancy food temples in downtown Atlanta. Just 35 minutes away this is going to be our new dating place ! And the service is outstanding too. Giddi up Atlanta, a new chef comes to town !Special Features:
- I love this restaraunt!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Small venue but exceptional everything. Great UNIQUE food, Gourmet Southern. I am picky but have loved everything I have ordered and would be willing to try any choice even if I had not traditionally liked the ingredients in the past. Prices are equal to the quality and freshness of the food. Many ingredients sourced locally. Atmosphere is subdued and calming. Gem in my home town but worth traveling to.Special Features:
- Noise level is very high.FuneveningDined on 6/6/2014Great food, service, ambience, etc. but the noise level is distracting. So glad to have a nearby good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this restaurant!DaveDined on 6/3/2014Just a short walk from the emerald green waters of Lake Lanier, tucked away behind Flowery Branch's scenic town center near the classic railroad and nestled behind a wrap-around porch and a garden wall of beautiful bamboo sits metro Atlanta's greatest hidden gem: Antebellum. Check out the restaurant's terrific website for details but the combination of unique entrees (the salmon and halibut were as good as we have had anywhere in the country!) combined with creative sauces and fresh veggies make this place the best restaurant on Atlanta's (far) north side. You will not be disappointed with Antebellum--it's fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/31/2014Dinner was excellent! Our party had the fried green tomatoes, house salad, salmon and halibut entrees, and a dessert. Food was prepared perfectly and outstanding. Service was impeccable. Highly recommended spot! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd Time Still the CharmRata2eeeDined on 5/30/2014This was my third time at Antebellum and it has remained flawless in execution. The staff is excellent, knowledgeable and attentive without being intrusive. The food is impeccable. Every dish, appetizers to desserts, is prepared and presented with great skill. The flavors and tastes are never jarring but wonderfully surprising (e.g. smoked ice cream). The bar is fairly well stocked with refreshing cocktails, good craft beer, and fine wines. Even the coffee is really good. Antebellum holds its own and then some with fine dining in Decatur and downtown Atlanta. Worth the drive to Flowery Branch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for date nightTigerBoneMDDined on 5/29/2014Introduced to Antebellum by friends, now it's one of our absolute favorites for special occasions or just a fun night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!localfoodieDined on 5/29/2014We really enjoyed ourselves. The food and the service are both great. Its a little pricey to go weekly, but it is worth it on an every once in a while basisSpecial Features:
- OutstandingbarrjasDined on 5/28/2014Very delicious and creative combinations. My wife and I love this place.Special Features:
- Antebellum exceptionalLovegoodfood26Dined on 5/24/2014We went to antebellum for our anniversary. We were so pleasantly surprised. The good was superb and the wait staff was excellent. Who would think in small town flowery branch we would find this high class food experiencSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Antebellum a rare findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014This restaurant did a fine job of preparing and serving a delicious and well-balanced meal in a lovely presentation. The service was excellent. The ambiance was perfect - an old home beautifully renovated which was very comfortable. It became a bit noisy after it filled up at dinner time as there is little to absorb the chatter sounds. The hardwood floors, while lovely, did nothing to dampen the sound. We can't wait to return and will often.Special Features:
- Real gemnormbeckVIPDined on 5/21/2014Loved the new crab appetizer and halibut dinner. As usual, Nick and team gave us a wonderful meal.Special Features: