5510 Church St
Flowery Branch, GA 30542Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://antebellumrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7709658100
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nicholas St.Clair
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room for up to 12 people.
- Private Party Contact: Alison St.Clair 7709658100
- Entertainment: Live Music
A word from Antebellum
Nicholas and Alison St.Clair would like to welcome you to Antebellum. We opened our doors in early 2012. Antebellum is located in the Historic District of Flowery Branch. Our menu consists of locally grown vegetables and humanely raised animals. We hope our guests experience hospitality and southern ingredients at their finest. Antebellum is a celebration of southern cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Antebellum - Best Restaurants in Flowery Branch ›
Antebellum reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (82)special occasion (81)fit for foodies (75)romantic (64)notable wine list (28)great for outdoor dining (18)good for groups (15)hot spot (11)great for brunch (6)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great FindMikeDined on 9/20/2014Cool surroundings, excellent food, outstanding service. Foodies will not be disappointed !! My only criticism is that the noise level was loud, which hurt the overall potential for a more romantic ambiance. However, I would definitely recommend -- Absolutely, positively worth the drive :--)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I'm not easily flattered when it comes to restaurants, but from the time I walked in the door, I was impressed with Antebellum. From the beautiful house to the mason jars on the table, the restaurant looks really great. The wait service was very knowledgable and helpful since this was our first time here. The drink menu had a varied selection (I had the New Fashioned, it was perfect) and I think there's something there for everyone. We didn't get an appetizer, but the cornbread with the green tomato spread was so good. I had the blackened chicken with green tomatoes and creamed corn. It was the best piece of chicken I've ever eaten. Perfectly cook. For dessert, we tried the coconut cake and the chocolate bread pudding. Both were amazing.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I had the scallops and my wife had a roasted chicken dish. Both were seasoned and cooked to perfection. When I have scallops at other places, they are frozen and so over cooked that I might as well have had rubber erasers, but at Antebellum they were perfectly seared on the outside and just done inside. My wife's chicken dish was beautifully tender, juicy and delicious. Service was excellent. The staff was very attentive but not overbearing. Couldn't ask for a more pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GLJ1Dined on 9/17/2014This was our second time dining at Antebellum and we will return. A charming place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in Flowery BranchGeorgieDDined on 9/17/2014This is hands down the best food in the area. The ingredients are excellent and mostly locally sourced. The wine list is very different and everything we tried has been awesome. Love the jazz music on Wednesdays.Special Features:
- shrimp and grits to die forKristinDined on 9/13/2014Food and drinks fit for foodies for sure. From appetizers to salads to main course desserts and espresso ALL AMAZING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Menu ChangeslanierprincessVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great to see the new menu changes. Service and food always consistent. Only suggestion was the presentation on the cobbler! Thanks to Vincent and his staff always enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great service!khoffVIPDined on 9/11/2014When we first dined at Antebellum over two years ago, we fell in love with the food; however, what impressed us just as much as the food was the incredible service. Good food is easier to find than outstanding and knowledgable servers. We keep returning to Antebellum because of the service we receive. Thank you, Paul and Vincent, for always making our dinner so enjoyable.Special Features:
- DeliciousCateDined on 9/10/2014Everything was perfect! We would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingelbcDined on 9/6/2014What a delightful meal my friend and I had Saturday night. We were so special. The servers are terrific and the food was amazing. The atmosphere is cozy and elegant. The menu is varied and the food is outstanding and beautifully presented. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014Very a good meal. Real nice atmosphere. Good service. Took friends there for their 1st visit last Thurs. They will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz night at AntebellumnormbeckVIPDined on 9/3/2014Had a wonderful night at Antebellum. The new smoked salmon app was delicious. I also had the heirloom tomato salad and that was not so good. The tomato which should have been the star of the app especially at this time of year, was a bit mushy. I also prefer my radish to be sliced thin, not just chopped into halves or fourths. But the rest of our meal was outstanding as usual.Special Features:
- Local GemluvtocookDined on 9/3/2014We had dinner at Antebellum to celebrate our 21st anniversary. We have been meaning to visit this restaurant for some time since we live in the area. We found the restaurant quiet and inviting, menu varied and inspiring, the service outstanding and the food was delicious and very tastefully presented. As a cook, I believe in presentation. I have always felt that you eat with yours eyes first. The seared scallops were outstanding as well as the chicken dish that my wife ordered. We will definitely be returning to this venue.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Went for our anniversary dinner. I had the tenderloin of beef shoulder over couscous with eggplant and goat cheese. It was absolutely delicious. An unusual combination of flavors; Moroccan with the Anglo-Saxon of the grilled beef and of course the grilled okra. Spouse had the chicken breast with buttermilk, creamed corn and goat cheese. She said it was delicious. The apps were good, lamb sausage and Vidalia onion soup. Dessert was inventive, cornbread cake, but not as good as it could have been. Lacking a cohesiveness of flavor and texture. The real strength of Antebellum is its soups and entrees, but all dishes are very good. All in all a wonderful meal. Relaxed atmosphere and service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Dinner Before SanDestin TripLoveIalianFoodVIPDined on 8/27/2014Went to Antebellum on the night before we headed out to SanDestin for a long Labor Day weekend. Couldn't have been better! Had the beef tenderloin in Nicholas's special way. It was fabulous!! I am always so impressed with the different ways Nicholas prepares this dish and it seems to get better with each new style. He is a culinary genius!! Great way to kick-off the long weekend.Special Features:
- Food was amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014Food was incredible. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Service was great as well.Special Features:
- Perfect dining experience!wareagleDined on 8/26/2014Took my girlfriend here for her birthday tues night and had a wonderful time! Five stars all around! Try the new fashioned!Special Features:
- DelightfulplateprideDined on 8/26/2014Not a cookie cutter dining experience for sure. So happy to see we have such a gem in our neighborhood. The menu is quite creative. Each bite was a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A diamond in the roughatlantadinerDined on 8/23/2014This little gem of a restaurant is located in a tiny town about 25 minutes north of our home. I chose this restaurant for my husband's birthday dinner celebration from a recommendation in our neighborhood. He loved it! I loved the charm, the clean feel of the décor, the excellent food starters/entrees (we had a difficult time choosing!), the prompt service, even parking was not that difficult to find. We will be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentkhoffVIPDined on 8/23/2014Loved the food and service….as always! Introduced some family to the restaurant and they will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPickyMomDined on 8/23/2014Perfect date night. Delicious food! Blueberry martini was delicious. Scallops and steak were outstanding. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dining ExperienceCudjoeDined on 8/23/2014Simply great!! Ambiance, decor, table spacing, food, food presentation and wine selection were all superb. A quiet, gentle place where the folks really take pride in delivering a friendly, quality dining experience. Great care and personal attention is given to every detail and you feel at home and welcome. I am quite creative with food and this restaurant is just the type of place I would love to have. Great gin and tonic too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 8/22/2014Excellent once again! The beef shoulder was delicious and everyone thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Be sure not to miss the blackberry cobbler or Mike's dark chocolate bread pudding. Yum!
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014This was the best word for Antebellum. Who says you have to go to Atlanta for fine dining. From the moment we entered the restaurant, we were treated first class. Food is outstanding, great drinks, and knowledgeable servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just PerfectCowellboysPicksDined on 8/22/2014My second time here ~ actually went through Flowery Branch to get to the Smokey Mountains to eat here.This time I was joined by some friends from Atlanta. The waitress that I had last July, Chrissa, recognized me and welcomed me back. Our waiter for this evening was Vincent. I have always wanted to try the fried green tomato appetizer since I saw it on the website. Fried green tomatoes with bacon jam, brioche, fried egg, hot sauce and Mimosa ice The bacon jam should be packaged and sold. Our waiter, Vincent, explained the proper way to eat it. The tenderloin was outstanding with a great presentation. Finished with chocolate bread pudding Wish I lived closer, but this will be a once a year at least ~ it is an 8 hour drive from CincinnatiSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood gemhometowngirlDined on 8/21/2014The fried chicken was some of the best I've EVER had! My plate had three juicy, lightly seasoned and battered chicken pieces, served with mashed potatoes and freshly prepared cream corn from a local farmer market. Home made banana pudding.....the best! Our server was very professional in his presentation and kept a timely eye on our table. I love the ambience, as it is small and quiet. Perfect for spending some quality time with my sweetheart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 8/19/2014Another delightful and delicious meal! A consistently good choice for an enjoyable evening. Thanks!Special Features:
- Always a Great Experience!diningdivaDined on 8/16/2014Antebellum never disappoints! It is the restaurant we choose for special occasions and romantic nights out. The menu is imaginative, and the food perfectly prepared and professionally served. We are already thinking of when we can return.Special Features:
- Never disappoints.FoodiemomDined on 8/14/2014I met 4 girlfriends here for their Thursday night fried chicken night. It was, as usual, amazing! How they get it crisp but not the least bit greasy is mystifying. Great drinks. Good service. This is one of our go to restaurants.Special Features:
- elbcDined on 8/12/2014Antebellum is a great gem located in Flowery Branch, GA. The chef is most creative and has an outstanding menu. The wait staff is very professional. The know the menu and wine list well. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- never find a place like this againnormbeckVIPDined on 8/8/2014We have been dining at Antebullum for a couple years now, and have written several reviews recommending it to one and all. It is truly a gem. The food, the owners, and the staff are all top shelf in our opinion. We will soon be leaving the F Branch area to return to family up north. Although there are many fine restaurants there, we know we will never find a place quite like Antebellum again. If you have never been to Antebellum, do yourself a favor ang go.Special Features:
- This ain't your mama's SouthernTsquaredDined on 8/8/2014Entrées of salmon, lamb, chicken and shrimp were excellent in both presentation and taste and served hot and quickly. The food was prepared with a combination of flavors and senses; sweet, savory, crunchy, smooth that made for a delightful experience. Our waiter was very pleasant and polite but not at all intrusive. The wine was wonderful (An Australian white). Dessert was yummy cobbler and carrot cake, and the coffee was hot. We had requested a quieter area when making the reservation, so we were sat in a room off of the main dining room that only had 3 tables. It was still noisy, but we could carry on a conversation without too much struggle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014The food and service were just wonderful. It is so nice to have a top restaurant this far outside Atlanta. The menu is top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great European style bistrochioVIPDined on 8/1/2014I really enjoyed that the portions were just right, perfect to enjoy a great evening. I also like that the menu is one page only and everything we tried was absolutely delicious. I'm happy it is in my neighborhood so I will become a VIP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulMissyVIPDined on 7/30/2014We have never had a bad experience here. Ever. Everything coming out if the kitchen is great. Fries green tomato appetizer is a MUST. The lamb and chicken dish were both delicious. The desserts also wonderful. The chef and staff "get it" here. A hidden gem in Flowery Branch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before VacationLoveIalianFoodVIPDined on 7/24/2014We had to visit Antebellum before we headed to Europe for 11 days. Went on Thursday July 24th and had a spectacular dinner. Great beef tenderloin that was prepared to perfection. Washed it down with an Ehlers Cabernet Sauvignon that was just as wonderful. Got us in the vacation mood that evening. I've come to the conclusion that Nicholas is a culinary genius!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with great foodCelsoDined on 7/19/2014I have visited Antebellum about 5 times now. Every time is a tremendous experience. You go there for the great food and service. The noise level can be very intense though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!LunchDined on 7/18/2014Highly recommend...as long as I can still get a table easily! LOL! Great date spot in our backyard. Bottle of wine, app, and amazing meal - under $100. The food is amazing and the wine went perfectly. Tom playing jazz on his guitar was a great overall highlight. Hands down one of the best nights! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything I was hoping to findlovetocookandeatDined on 7/18/2014Antebellum was close to home (Suwanee) and the food and wine were excellent. The fried green tomatoes, delicious! I had the salmon and it was amazing. My husband was a little jealous because, although his lamb was cooked perfectly, my salmon was just a little bit better. I tasted his lamb and the side dish with it was wonderful. I woke up the next morning thinking of how delicious everything was The bartender and waiter were extremely attentive and knowledgeable. Overall, everything was perfect. The only thing that I'm wondering about is if they change the menu seasonally because there were only about five choices for entrees and apps. I'm dying to go back, but worry that I might get tired of the same dishes!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2014The food was delicious! We shared the fried green tomato app, fried chicken & the scallops. You must choose the collard greens as one of your sides. Our waiter was excellent. Looking forward to returning real soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.