Ansari's Mediterranean Grill
1960 Rahncliff Ct
Eagan, MN 55122Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Ansari's Mediterranean Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ansarisgrill.com/
- Phone: 6514520999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater Weddings, Business Meetings, Holiday Events, Graduation Parties, etc.
- Entertainment: Belly Dancing on Thursday, Friday and Saturday starting at 7:00pm.
DJ and Dancing Wednesday,Friday, & Saturday night starting at 10:00pm.
Live Acoustic cover music every Thursday at 9:00pm.
- Special Events: Ansari's can host your Private Parties and Events! We can accommodate up to 200 guests for anything from Holiday Parties, Business Meetings, Showers, Rehearsal Dinners, Graduation Parties, Benefits, and more. Options range from Buffet style Dinners/Lunches, Prix Fixe, and Full Menu. Open Bar or Cash Bar. Belly Dancing, DJ, Karaoke, and Big Screen TV's for Video Games or Sports Events.
For more information or to set up a party, email Events@AnsarisGrill.com or call 651-452-0999 and ask for David or Ramsey.
A word from Ansari's Mediterranean Grill
The Ansari family is proud to continue serving Eagan and the surrounding twin cities for over 30 years. Ansari's offers authentic Mediterranean cuisine with a warm family friendly environment. Specialties include: Shish Kabobs, Hummus, Gyros, Falafel, Baba Ganoush, Lamb Shank and more. Full service bar with specialty drinks, & Hookah on the Patio. Featuring Belly Dancing on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, Live Music or DJ follows. Check website for showtimes and events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ansari's Mediterranean Grill - Best Restaurants in Eagan ›
Ansari's Mediterranean Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (7)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Authentic and delicious!4tastesDined on 10/18/2014We really enjoyed our evening here. Above all, the food was authentic and delicious. The kitchen even got our picky child's order right on the first try, and they gobbled up their dinners. Servings were generous. We were a little worried about whether the belly dancer would be appropriate for the children, but she was very traditional and not at all crass or suggestive. Good rhythm with the finger cymbals, really set the ambiance. They were setting up for a dance later in the evening, which looked like it would be a lot of fun. Overall, would definitely return, will bring friends next time to share more delicious food!Special Features:
- First TDaveDined on 10/11/2014This was a first time visit to the restaurant and were pleasantly surprised. We visited primarily because they took reservations on open table to meet our movie time. The service and drink/food menu were relatively large and had many choices. Portions were large and tastySpecial Features:
- food was amazing!goodfood2Dined on 8/30/2014We were looking more for a dining experience and this location was more of a bar experience, we will be trying out the Burnsville location next, but the food was incredible and I have already recommended this location to some of my clients that would be more into the bar atmosphere along with the amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014This was our first time to Ansari's. Overall the food was great and the service was okay. It can get a bit loud due to the belly dancer and the overall acoustics of the restaurant but I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fun for one and all :)DandBertaDined on 8/9/2014My family and I were more than pleased with the selection of food as there was a little something for anyone's palate. The service was very hospitable and had a very nice staff. Overall a fantastic place for our family vacation dinner. As for the entertainment of the belly dancer, let's just say we had some very happy boys that blushed the entire meal...lol. She was entertaining to say the least and enjoyable to watch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 96 reviews are from the Ansari's Mediterranean Grill reviews archive.
- Opa...HungryheartDined on 6/26/2014While this isn't bad if u like Greek food, it seems like it can't decide what kind of restaurant it wants to be...the decor like bar signs, sports on tvs and pull tabs makes this seem more like a sports pub than a Mediterranean place. The belly dancer is a nice touch. The food is nice but the portions aren't huge.
- Just okayCJ825Dined on 5/11/2014We went here for Mother's Day brunch and I would rate the overall experience "just okay." The big thing that bothers me is that they had different pricing for adults and children for brunch. It was supposed to be $16.95 for adults and $6.95 for children. We had two children in our group, but the bill reflected that each person was charged $16.95. My father paid the bill and decided not to say anything, but it really bothered me that we were overcharged. Also, I was not thrilled with the ambience. Usually restaurants are packed on Mother's Day. Ansari's was not busy at all. I felt that the atmosphere was rather plain. The food was good, but I wished they had had more of a variety for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice find on the roadFrankRVIPDined on 4/28/2014went looking for a middle eastern place to eat near Bloomington, MN while traveling for business with a colleague with a Lebanese background. We found this place and both loved it. I had the Taste of Jerusalem and he had the Taste of Lebanon. He liked it so much he asked to go back for lunch another day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for gyrosclarkDined on 4/23/2014My family LOVES the gyros at Ansari's. So if you're a gyro fan - check it out for sure. The restaurant is loud - so that's a pain. We avoid going when the belly dancers - while the idea is cool, having them come to your table basically asking for $ interrupts a night evening out.Special Features:
- Ansari's was niceJodyDined on 4/20/2014We went to Ansari's for Easter brunch and there was the perfect mix of Greek and American food and the service was good. The outdoor patio was awesome thanks to the weather!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodUnappealingDined on 4/20/2014Staff was excellent and we loved the food. Went there for an Eastet Brunch Buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant first timePurple1808delightDined on 4/20/2014This is my first time coming to this restaurant. However my boyfriend had been to a previous location and enjoyed them both. It was nice to run into someone he considered our server an old friend. Very nice, great personality and he knew exactly what we wanted. Everyone made you feel welcomed. The food was outstanding, very tasty and just downright good. If I did not have to go to work we probably would have returned for dinner. We will return, Thank you for everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dining ExperienceCornhuskerCombine9Dined on 4/18/2014Our first visit and it was very good food from a very broad menu. The staff was attentive. Noise level was a little higher than I preferred, but every one in our party of nine seemed to have a good time. Definitely a possibility for a return visit next time we come up from Nebraska.Special Features:
- Great Food. Great Servers.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2014Food is always good! Servers a very friendly. Unfortunately I didn't win at bingo this time, but I will be back next Wednesday to try again.Special Features:
- Fun date nightDreamery76Dined on 3/27/2014I took a fella here on a date. It was a lot of fun. It was a Thursday and the weather wasn't so nice so it wasn't very busy. I wanted to see the belly dancer and asked the waiter if she was still going to preform with such a small audience. She started her performance right away. The waiter was very friendly. The food was tasty, though I don't think Steak Bites are my thing. My date liked his kebabs and I enjoyed my gyro sandwich. The waiter tried to make me a greek village salad, which was very tasty. I would go back again on a night when I felt like belly dancing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food!kwesdogDined on 3/14/2014I can't say enough good things about our visit. We were greeted with a smile as soon as we entered. We were also seated right away even though it was fairly busy during happy hour. Our server arrived as soon as we were seat and she was perfect. I thought she would be overwhelmed due to the number of tables she had but she was spot on. Not overly attentive yet not neglecting either. The food was top notch and very flavourful with nothing being overpowering. I will definitely be visiting this restaurant in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Medi Nite OutmcphylDined on 2/22/2014Service was great and they were very accommodating. Good happy hour specials which they allowed us to participate with although our reservations were for 6. Belly dancer was exceptional...worth going to see just that. Good food... good drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/19/2014Not only is the food awesome but the people that work here have always been nice and provide great service...even my 6 and 10 year old beg to go. They also love watching the belly dancers! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but...UnionManDined on 2/14/2014After booking my reservation online, I was called back by the restaurant and was informed the time that I selected online wasn't actually available. I had to call back a few times to get everything squared away which wasn't the most enjoyable way to fix the reservation. I partly booked the reservation because the pictures online made it seem that the actual place was bigger and had more seclusion from each other, but when we arrived it was small and everyone was crammed into a medium size room together. Nothing too big of a deal but it was not what I was expecting. The food was great, my steak was cooked perfectly and the seasoning was delicious.Special Features:
- good timesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My family and I enjoyex the food and the atmosphere, something apart from our norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014I expected the noise for the music for the belly dancers but the kids running around killed the romantic moment. Food was good though and plenty of it. I'd come back again...later in the evening when the kids aren't around.Special Features:
- Tasty, and Destined for a Repeat ViCuriousCoffeeDined on 2/5/2014This was our second outing at Ansari's, and it lived up to the full potential of the first visit! Delicious! We're addicted to the steak hummus and gyros!Special Features:
- Great food - definitely returningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013We chose Ansari's at the last moment for New Years Eve dinner with friends. Ordered off the regular menu and all of our meals were outstanding at a reasonable price. Service was ver good and friendly. We'll definitely be going back to try other entrees off their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cold!!!grinzooDined on 12/31/2013We had reservations, but walked past many open tables to the farthest booth in the back which was not far from a door which kept opening - my feet finally thawed out about an hour after we left...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and kid friendlyWallyDined on 12/25/2013We love this place. The food is great, and it's kid friendly. The gyros, hummus, and salads are fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodNormaDined on 11/23/2013Our party of four each had a different menu item. We were all very satisfied with the presentation and the taste of our meals. The prices were reasonable too.Special Features:
- yumjocelynDined on 11/22/2013Great food, great service. Everything was fabulous and the portions are big. Highly recommend the flaming cheese for an appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Nice!!BrianDined on 11/12/2013Staying at the hotel next door for business and stopped in for dinner, I was recommended the Mediterranean Sampler platter and WoW! The Hummus was the best I've ever tried, really fresh and tasty Greek Salad with the Lamb Gyro, falafels and spinach pies! I tried a Greek beer called Mythos and that was great too. Service was top notch and I will definitely be back soon to bring the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but small establishmentKristyDined on 10/12/2013The sampler platter is outstanding - particularly the hummus. The crab soup of the day was a little blah, but the Casablanca is amazing and the salads were great too. The belly dancing was fun, but a bit awkward - especially when the dancer comes around to the tables for tips while you are eating and conversing. The space is small and cramped. I've heard that Mediterranean in Burnsville is a little nicer for space.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsWeDineOutDined on 10/12/2013The restaurant was pretty quiet for a Saturday night and we had a lovely unhurried dinner with friends. Service was good. Three of the four dinners were very good. We got a special treat since it was our anniversary.Special Features:
- This was our first time atGauchoDined on 10/11/2013This was our first time at Ansari's. Our waitress was helpful with explaining the menu and my wife and I were both very happy with hour selections. We're still not sure what to do when the Bellt Dancer pays a visit, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful PlaceNicoleDined on 10/1/2013I throughly enjoyed eating here. We had a wonderful spur of the moment dinner. Loved the food! Loved the watiress! Wonderful!!!Special Features:
- great restaurant!BCY12Dined on 9/28/2013Food is good, the flaming cheese is really special. The price is reasonable for the amount of food you are getting. Belly dance shows are fun to see as well.Special Features:
- Very Mediterranean Atmosphere...browndogDined on 7/20/2013So I hadn't had Greek food in a long time and was somewhat nervous that it was in a suburb. However, my spouse and I both had fish (which was very good). I was somewhat disappointed that their menu was not up to date (I order the Mahi kabobs which they no longer had). We have the seafood stuffed portabella's and they were pretty tasty. The most impressive part was the belly dancer! I don't know from "bellydance" but as an appreciating artist, this dancer was AMAZING! Seemed like the real deal. It was a little different at first, but if you're not impressed after 5 minutes, then you're not paying attention. Totally worth a kind of "get-away-try-something-different" kind of date place. I would recommend: "good food, new experience".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to share this gem with friendMelonieDined on 6/29/2013I brought two friends to this hidden gem after having a five star meal there last year with my husband. Both friends are well traveled and one has an Egyptian father. They were delighted with the abundance, taste, presentation, and variety of food at Ansari's. The belly dancer was entertaining and classy. Looking forward to sharing with others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchLuv2eatDined on 6/16/2013Menu included chicken which was very dry and bland. Sunday buffet lacked zeal and always had to wait for food to be refilled and was limited to just a few things at a time. Containers were not bountiful and had only a few pieces at a time. I was disappointed in quality of buffet. Did not order off of menu and not sure about that.
- Great PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2013Ansari's ha a wonderful buffet at a great price on Sundays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy - hard to talk in a group2localdinersDined on 5/30/2013The food was good but not as good as at the old place. We wanted to try some items we hadn't had a chance to before but for the most part we would go back to the old standards that they do so well. We will order out the next time as the atmosphere was too chaotic. The Taboulia (spell??) salad was the best ever. The pitas great, the gyros is always a stand-out. However we like places that we can have a conversation so maybe that means we should eat the great food in a great place ie: at home.I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2013I had the Lamb feat, it was delicious. My companion had the tour of Greece which she liked very much. Would definitely go back again. The only negative was that my companion was out of her iced tea for along time with no offer of a refill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way Too Loud - Oily FoodMediterraneanDined on 5/10/2013Too crowded - Belly Dancer music loud and continuously unrelenting. Couldn't talk during dinner. All entrees had the same taste - same base spices and oils. Poor substitute for a Greek salad. On top of all that, the restaurant "lost" our dining reservation. Not attractive plating or presentation. Won't be going back or recommending. Sorry Ansari's.