4015 Lauderdale Drive
Richmond, VA 23233Neighborhood:
Contemporary AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.anokha.us/location.html
- Phone: 8043608686
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Anokha
Anokha is a groundbreaking restaurant located across from the hip Short-Pump Town Center in Richmond’s West End, serving signature Nouveau Indian Cuisine. Anokha, which denotes “Unique”, offers diners a new take on Indian food, mixing the flavors and spices of India with western cooking techniques and the finest seasonal ingredients. Anokha’s cuisine offers a symphony of Indian flavors and spices that is sure to excite both the neophyte and the connoisseur alike. We hope you will join us soon in our intimate and contemporary dining room to enjoy our sumptuous offerings paired with a selection from our hand selected wine list or relax in our cozy lounge savoring a fine single malt scotch or a top-shelf tantalizing cocktail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Anokha reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (3)romantic (3)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Nice spot- little smallOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014The dining area was tastefully decorated and simple. However it was a small space for the amount of diners. Tables placed very economically and maneuvered expertly by staff. But atmosphere felt stuffy due to closeness of other diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousvabeachdinerDined on 10/4/2014This is one of my favorite restaurant -it is consistently excellent on all fronts; food, service and setting. Every time I am in Richmond I make it a point to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and great serviceRichmondFoodieDined on 8/29/2014Delicious, varied flavors. Favorite dishes are the tikka masala, korma, patia, and vin d'alho. This is by far our favorite Indian place in Richmond, 2nd only to homemade. Anokha has become our favorite spot to take out of town guests who want to try something really fantastic they can only get here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the best Indian in RichmondTrinaLCDined on 8/23/2014This was our third time at Anokha. Wonderful, flavorful Indian cuisine in a nice ambience. We were seated promptly at our reserved table for five even though the restaurant was full. Quick service.Special Features:
- Girl's Night OutBreezy26Dined on 7/12/2014Nine ladies, ranging in age from 92 to 65, go out monthly to different ethnic restaurants. This was the best we have found so far.Special Features:
- Best Indian in RichmondRichmondFoodieDined on 7/5/2014Went to Anokha to celebrate my sister's birthday. We had made a reservation for 7, but 9 ended up coming, and the waitstaff handled that seamlessly. Each of us ordered a different dish, and then we passed them all around and shared. Everyone's favorites were the Tikka Masala, Korma, Vin d'Alho, and the Patia mango curry. It was so good, there was a minor fight about who got to take home the leftovers! (Portions were large compared to other Indian restaurants in the area--so big, we should have ordered 1 dish for every 2-3 people) The next day, my mom (who claimed not to like Indian food) was still raving about the Korma. I'm already craving the Korma and Tikka Masala again! Also, the staff was very nice about splitting the checks up.Special Features:
- The following 6 reviews are from the Anokha reviews archive.
- Authentic tasty Indian foodGK02VIPDined on 5/23/2014Anokha is one the best Indian Restaurants in Virginia. The food quality is really good. The service is very good and Jassi and Karan personally look into the quality of food as well as timely service. Anokha prepares authentic tasty Indian food. The ambience is modern and relaxing. We have been to this restaurant many times and every time the quality of the food is genuine and appealing to the senses. Overall this is great restaurant and the staff strives hard to offer top quality service and great Indian cuisine.Special Features:
- Not your traditional Indian foodmnoormo1VIPDined on 5/21/2014If traditional Indian food is what you're craving this is not the place to come to. The nouveau Indian cuisine is tasty and flavorful but it doesn't have the explosion of flavors and spice one gets with the more traditional Indian restaurants. The chicken tikka lacked the tandoori spices I am accustomed to. However, the naan bread was simply outstanding. It's the best I've had anywhere in Canada or the United States. It pops with flavor (you can taste the butter in it). The gulab jamun was perfect. Not too sweet.
- Great as usual!JPTIIIDined on 5/14/2014Been to Anohka many times and it never disappoints. Some of the Best Indian food in Richmond!Special Features:
- great fooddacomanDined on 5/11/2014We always have a great meal at Anoka. Our favorite dish is the lamb jalfreezi. This restaurant is very consistent and we have never been disappointedSpecial Features:
- Not a short pump clicheRichDined on 4/3/2014Sadly short pump has become over commercialized and chain food haven that only accommodates to families and early closing venues. Anokha gives u a chic urban feel in the burbs. Food was great. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/29/2014Attentive wait staff, excellent menu with a ton of choices, and some really interesting dishes such as the crab curry. Definitely recommend.