13 Barrow Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.annisarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2127416699x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm -10:30pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Asian
- Executive Chef: Anita Lo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: No private room, though we do book the entire restaurant for large groups.
Maximum capacity of 48 guests for seated events, 60 guests for cocktail parties.
A word from Annisa
Annisa is a small, fine dining establishment in the West Village. The restaurant is owned and operated by Chef Anita Lo, winner of Food & Wine Magazine's Best New Chef Award 2001. The restaurant was included in the Top 50 Food Ratings in the Zagat Guide 2009 and was awarded a three-star rating in the New York Times in 2014. Annisa serves contemporary American cuisine with Asian accents in a beautiful and soothing dining room where guests are greeted by a knowledgeable and friendly staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Annisa reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (135)special occasion (113)romantic (100)neighborhood gem (73)notable wine list (44)good for groups (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Go here!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/20145 course tasting menu was just the right amount of food and cooked to perfection. Staff also chose wine expertly at decent price points.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014the tasting menu was marvelous, just wish the piece of foie gras was bigger, tasted amazing but was just a sliverSpecial Features:
- robertDined on 10/13/2014I will not return. Food average, service not good. and the non refundable if not canceled by time and date is terrible. Would not recommend
- Great FoodScoutingReportDined on 10/13/2014This place certainly is good the foie gras soup dumpling is amazing. The tasting menu in my opinion is an excellent choice considering content and value. Service was also fantastic as the staff is certainly pleasant.Special Features:
- Superb dining experience at AnnisaexpatDined on 10/12/2014Everything about our dinner was top notch from the gracious greeting to the professional but friendly service to the decor and the food. The neutral colors, soft lighting, and simplicity induce a lovely calm. What a pleasure to be able to have a quiet conversation while dining. We ordered the 5-course chef's tasting menu; each dish was delicious and used unusual combinations of ingredients, textures, flavors, and colors on top of a solid, classic technique to deliver a feast for the eye, nose and palate: from the beef tartare to the dumpling with foie gras, Spanish mackerel, and roast pork, to the array of mouthwatering desserts (grapefruit posset, bread & butter pudding to die for, and an irresistible "tasting of chocolate."Special Features:
- Wonderful diningbrooklyniteVIPDined on 10/12/2014Top marks. A cozy spot for high end dining that has lovely service, unusual and yet completely successful dishes. And the prices aren't stratospheric. Truly a must dine evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night of StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014I had the 5 course tasting menu with wine pairing and it was just phenomenal. The only course that was just OK was the beef tartare, which was moderately bland. The rest of the meal was breathtakingly delicious.Special Features:
- Fantastic DiningdutchdelightDined on 10/10/2014What a creative chef. All courses were devine. We enjoyed the 5 course menu. As final course they brought us not the same dessert but two different once to enjoy. Delicious ending of very nice diner while visiting NYC.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/7/2014We've been going to Annisa for years and have always loved it. We celebrated our anniversary here this week and it was very disappointing. The appetizers were good, but the entrees were very blah. My fish was overcooked, and the flavors on all four dinners were uninspired. There was a piece of cork in my wine when it was poured, I made joke, but there was no effort to change the glass. At a price of almost $100 a person, it's just not worth is anymore. There are too many other great places. Good is not good enough.
- Wonderful!Newbie214Dined on 10/3/2014Really enjoyed our experience at Annisa. Tiny restaurant requiring sitting close to other diners (just so you know...) but did not detract from our meal in any way. Had the 5 course tasting menu and all courses were a delicious surprise -difficult to choose a favorite bite! The service was attentive, unpretentious and friendly. Would return in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- lovely treatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2014Lovely dinner at Annisa. Very professional knowledgeable and charming waiter. Food lovely as was wine. A treat for usSpecial Features:
- Still WOW!msruddlawVIPDined on 9/25/2014Absolutely everything that a great restaurant should be. Extraordinary food; wonderful, affordable wine; impeccable, delightful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too saltyClaire2crDined on 9/22/2014So close to perfect, except someone in the kitchen is WAY too heavy handed with salt. My char was perfectly cooked, but the fig-sumac purée it was served on was super-salty, drowning out all other flavored. I love fig - so disappointed! Another diner who had the chicken said that her sides were also over salty.Special Features:
- Too complicate tasting.HisabonDined on 9/21/2014Many kind of chines and Asian sources mixed ! Nobody can't find original material smell and tast! Cause of poor material ?Special Features:
- chlabownDined on 9/21/2014Delicious five course tasting menu. Foie gras soup dumplings and lemon poppyseed bread pudding were highlights of an outstanding meal.Special Features:
- Love the food here.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2014While you don't see Annita Lo at the restaurant much, the food here is very good. Excellent control of some wild flavors.Special Features:
- Still One Of New York's Best ..ase1707VIPDined on 9/17/2014Dining at Annisa is ALWAYS enjoyable. From the moment one enters the restaurant until the end of the evening one can enjoy amazing food in a beautiful Village setting with professional service. It is just not possible to have a bad tasting dish at this restaurant. Being adventurous and trying some of Anita Loo's dishes is an enjoyable way to experience some new tastes. Annisa is one of the finest restaurants in NYC and dining here is always amazing and pleasurable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionEJR1Dined on 9/13/2014Annisa is one of those gems of a restaurant, the creation of a notable chef who has made it in her image. It's expensive. And the food, while very good, wasn't "unbelievable" and even a little dated in its presentation. Nevertheless the room is small, the aesthetic just perfect, and there is a coziness (we had a circular booth for 6 people) that allows one to feel that you're in a fairly private place. We celebrated a "special" birthday and it's the perfect venue for such a small, intimate celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014I went there with my husband for our 10th Anniversary, and it was excellent. We had the 5 course tasting menu, and every dish was expertly prepared. The wait staff was very attentive. The dining room was beautiful. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerMeatloverDined on 9/7/2014I went with my husband without high expectations as we have just dined at Marea and was not too impressed. However, when the food arrived and starting from the first bite of the sashimi the food completely blew us away. We have ordered 4 appetizers to share - including the beef tartare, sashimi, foie gras dumpling and the baby squid. Then the duck and buffalo for main. Price was very reasonable compared to other similar restaurants. I would definitely visit again whenever I'm in New York!Special Features:
- ExcellentBobbyCDined on 9/5/2014Food and Service was outstanding. Had tasting menu which was very nice indeed. A Must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!LuvfoodDined on 9/4/2014Delicious food, we knew this was a great restaurant but it really exceeded our expectations. Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalkyleDined on 8/22/2014I ate at Annisa with my girlfriend for our one-year anniversary. We had the 7 course tasting + wine pairing. Despite having very high expectations (you can't find a bad review of this place anywhere), this restaurant totally blew us out of the water. The food was delicious - each course better than the next. We had ~20 different things between the two of us, and we loved everything. The wine choices were fantastic, too. And the service was perfect. Everyone was super friendly and attentive. Do yourself a favor and try this place out.Special Features:
- ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/22/2014Top-notch service, innovative use of ingredients- flavors and textures. Definitely a place to go for special occasions. A wonderful meal and experience.Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014Everything about Annisa is great. Food, service, ambience. Love the melding of different flavor palates. Sorry, I know thats an obnoxious foodie comment, but it's true.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIBLE SERVICECAB123VIPDined on 8/16/2014Our server didn't ask once to check in to see how our appetizers or entrees were. My fiancee and I felt completely ignored the entire time we were there. We wanted dessert because we heard they were amazing but couldn't stand to be in that room one more minute! Our server spent a half hour at the table across the room and talked to every other table for a lengthy amount of time and didnt even ask if we wanted another glass of wine (which we were waiting for before we ate our entrees but soon our food was cold and we realized our waiter wasn't coming over to check if we needed anything else. He never came.) Food was great but overall was an awkward and terrible dining experience. We will not be returning.
- GREAT FOOD, GREAT SERVICERichardHVIPDined on 8/14/2014First time at Annisa; ordered the tasting menu. We were told that the chef decided the options based on that days pantry items. We advised our preferences and were told that they would try to accommodate which they did! The dining experience from the amuse bouche to dessert was perfect and unobtrusive; so much so that we closed the restaurant without realizing we were the last guests. The menu is certainly adventurous and well worth asking for recommendations or elaboration as to ingredients and taste. Highly recommended. Special thanks to our waitress who was very patient in explaining the menu, making recommendations and helping us with our wine selection.Special Features:
- Awesome creative foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014This restaurant was a total find. The service was fantastic. They were very accomodating with the time of the reservation and once we got there, the timing of the meal to make it relaxing but get us out in time to make a concert. The food was splendid from start to finish. The dishes had some of the most creative sauces we have tasted! Our favorites were the grilled squid appetizer, the spanish mackerel and for dessert a grapefruit posset.Special Features:
- Always fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/10/2014Annisa has everything that I require in a restaurant: fantastic food, superb service AND -- it is quiet!!! This kind of restaurant is a rarity. If nothing changes, and I hope it doesn't, I will keep going back. In addition to fantastic and innovative food, the wine list, albeit small, is interesting as well. We had two wines from Galicia, one white and one red, and both were excellent. If available, try the foie gras appetizer, duck for entrée and do not miss the bread pudding for dessert.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/10/2014Annisa is a special occasion dining experience with outstanding food, wine and service. We ordered the tasting menu and each course was filled with wonderful flavors and textures. The sommelier was attentive to our description of what we love in a wine and suggested the perfect bottle. The room is quiet and serene which set the stage for a perfect evening of excellent food, wine, and conversation.Special Features:
- Fri Aug 8 2014bokx2Dined on 8/8/2014If you choose the tasting menu the chef chooses the courses for you. The server takes account of the guests' allergies and preferences. We choose the five course tasting menu. For the appetizers we got the sea bass sashimi and the dumplings. For the main courses we got the sable fish soup and the duck. For dessert we got the poppyseed bread pudding and the grapefruit posset. In addition we got extra little bites before appetizer and after dessert. Service was friendly and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Food and ServiceDCarl1Dined on 8/6/2014We went here for a special occasion and it did not disappoint. Fantastic flavors, well-presented food, elegant ambience and accommodating service. We brought our own wines, but had we wished to order from the menu they had a beautifully-currated selection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2014elegant room, great service, outstanding food. The complete package.Special Features:
- A real surprise...not in a good wayJohnnytVIPDined on 8/5/2014My wife had wanted to try Annisa for quite a while. We finally went there for her birthday a couple of weeks ago, and were sadly disappointed. The food without exception (appetizer, entrée, dessert) was lackluster, the service was slapdash and sleepy, and the décor was completely nondescript. This was not a bad meal -- just an utterly unremarkable and forgettable one. Should you have to dine here, avoid the hearts of palm (a bad dish) and the pork (really boring). Chicken is OK, but you could probably do as well in your own kitchen. If you're marking a special occasion, suggest you do it elsewhere.
- Fabulous mealTablefor2Dined on 8/5/2014I had the beet salad and the mackerel and both were amazing! To 5 meals of all time. The beet salad was served with a cashew purée that was so good I was trying to convince them to sell it by the jar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointedNewyorkersDined on 8/4/2014We went to this restaurant thanks to its great reviews and it has been the biggest disappoitment of our stay in New York. We chose the chef´s testing menu. All started perfectly but the second half of our dinner was catastrophic. The last dish as well as the dessert were really not good and a big group took a big table in the restaurant. They were so noisy And attracted all the service attention. It is a big disappointment for a restaurant you pay more than 250$ for two...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014Amazing food. It was our first time and it was all we had hoped for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowjrwoodDined on 8/2/2014DC guy here. Scooted up to the city to celebrate (with another family) my son's 17th birthday, and Annisa was our adult get-away on Saturday night. Having chased the kids around midtown all day and with a late reservation, I was hangry when I sat down ... but this restaurant really lived up to Pete Wells's 3-star review ... and I now have a couple more items on my top-10 lifetime list of the courses I want for my last meal (actually, forget the list, I just want a big bowl of those foie gras soup dumplings). I look forward to several more visits -- next time, 7-course tasting menu with pairings! Like way too many NYC restaurants, I only wish this gem was accessible to my son in a wheelchair -- my only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home runNot1crumbleftDined on 8/2/2014Dining at Annisa was a pleasure. We went for the tasting menu and were not disappointed with any course we were served. Service was outstanding and attentive without being overbearing. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service Ok food Nothing specialFoodArtistDined on 7/31/2014Bad service. Moody waitress with a lot of attitude. Ok food. Parts if the menu are completely boring... "Beet salad?!?" And the "exciting" stuff was nothing special for NYC. The squid appetizer was nice as was the pork entre, but again, nothing to write home about.