16806 Chesterfield Airport Rd
Chesterfield, MO 63005Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.anniegunns.com/
- Phone: 6365327684x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Louis Rook, III
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Annie Gunn's commonly host events such as board meetings,retirement parties, anniversaries,weddings,rehearsal dinners,cocktail parties,wine dinners,and personal or company celebrations of all types.
- Private Party Facilities: Annie Gunn's consistently offers abundant portions of prime aged steaks, fresh pristine fish and homemade desserts daily. This is the perfect place for your next event. Our professional, hospitable service and expert event planning will ensure your next event is both memorable and effortless.
- Private Party Contact: Molly Gordon 6365327684x
- Entertainment: NA
- Special Events: Apple Knocker Hard Cider & Owl Creek Vineyard Dinner - Sunday 4/27/14
Siduri/Boar Wine Dinner - Tuesday 5/13/14
Mi Sueno Wine Dinner - Tuesday 6/24/14
"The Smoker" featuring Ridge Vineyards - Monday 10/6/14
Contact us to find out more details or to make a reservation.
A word from Annie Gunn's
Since 1937, once nestled in the middle of cornfields stands the Smokehouse Market. An unpretentious structure, reminiscent of its days as the market for the surrounding Chesterfield area. The store now houses one of St. Louis's most celebrated restaurants, Annie Gunn's. Within its walls, Chef Lou Rook, III works his magic, creating irresistible cuisine with a sophisticated country life accent. In keeping with the concept of "Foods and wines inspired by the richness of country life", Chef Rook uses the best ingredients and the traditions that are most appropriate to them and imbues them with his own talented creative spin within the rhythm of the seasons. Annie Gunn's boasts an award-winning wine list as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Annie Gunn's - Best Restaurants in Chesterfield ›
Annie Gunn's reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (166)fit for foodies (120)notable wine list (119)great for lunch (73)neighborhood gem (70)romantic (63)hot spot (56)good for groups (55)vibrant bar scene (43)great for outdoor dining (25)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (14)great for brunch (9)scenic view (3)Show More
- It was great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014This was my first time at Annie Gunn's and I was celebrating my 60th birthday. Food was great, service excellent. I will go back. Our waitress Michelle was the best!!!Special Features:
- Great place!WorldTravelerDined on 10/18/2014The food has been fantastic every time we go!!! We were a table of 8 adults this last time and everyone loved every dish they got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st place to bring our guestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014We have a very special guest (VP of True Lemon) that comes in once a year. And Annie Gunns is where he wants to go. I used Open Table and left a message to the restaurant about the possibility of moving us up on the reservation list. And WOW, I got a call from Annie Gunns and they were wonderful...they moved us up an hour and really made me feel like my reservation mattered. At the last minute our guest was not able to make the plane and the staff still treated us kindly. Our guest made it in Sat. night and then was so disappointed he had missed out on Annie Gunns...in fact he is coming back in Dec. just to dine at the restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantSharonDined on 10/17/2014Been going here for years and is always wonderful. This evening was no exception.Special Features:
- Food EnthusiastFOODENTHDined on 10/17/2014This is a high end steak/seafood stop. Expect to pay $100 per person for a full experience(Appetizer, Entree, Desert and Drinks). If nothing else, you must stop in and get the Potato pancake. It's simply the best appetizer I've ever had. I'm in sales and took one of my accounts here. We were all very pleased with our experience. I plan to stop by in the future to order just the Potato Pancake. Yes, it's that good!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smoked Rib-Eye: who knew?FoodiemcbDined on 10/16/2014I have to admit, I had never had or actually though about actually smoking a steak before, but it was certianly a great idea and something i would encourgae you to try if you have not had the opprotunity. This is a very popular spot so getting a table can be tricky especially during the weekend. I would certainly return.Special Features:
- Annie Gunn'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014As aways, the food and service was excellent. My favorite place to dine in the Saint Louis area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Wonderful!smm1016Dined on 10/14/2014We go to Annie Gunn's often and can always expect to have a delicious meal. The chef is spectacular and you can't go wrong with anything on or off the menu. It's always busy so make a reservation or go by 5:00pm. Probably one of the two best restaurants in St. Louis.Special Features:
- Fantastic as alwaysChesterfieldCourtneyDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I went here before the Cardinals game the other night. We were in a bit of a hurry (I know, not the place for a quick bite). However our server was very accommodating and took our dinner orders with our drink orders. We had the baked potato soup as a starter which was perfect - taste, temperature, and quantity. We followed that course with the filet mignon and seasonal vegetables. Everything came out piping hot and tasted phenomenal. This is the restaurant that I always recommend to out of town guests and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/12/2014Always perfect…..food, service, atmosphere! Never disappointed….ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AgainABthreeDined on 10/10/2014Enjoyed our dinner experience. Attentive service. Excellent good. Best steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here.Luv2eatDined on 10/10/2014Our overall dining experience was nice, and the market was wonderful. We ordered the $65 bone in filet and despite being cooked spot on it wasn't seasoned so just tasted like a hunk of meat, very disappointing. Nothing we ordered was note worthy, all just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary spotStl29Dined on 10/10/2014My husband and I came here just a few short days ago (for the first time) to celebrate our fifth anniversary and the impending birth of our first child. It was the perfect experience. Our server was attentive, helpful, and so friendly. Every bite of food was amazing. We started with the chicken appetizer and the potato soup. My husband had a ribeye and I had the classic burger. At the end of the meal, we were stuffed! We were fully prepared to decline the dessert menu when our waiter came out with a complimentary piece of apple pie with cinnamon ice cream. Now I must say my grandmother is a southern woman who knows how to cook, and yet this was by far the best apple pie I've ever tasted! Annie Gunn's is definitely a must go for St Louisans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will return soon!JbirdDined on 10/10/2014Very impressed. Lots of great sounding specials. Service was outstanding. Salad with Roquefort was fabulous, as was the bread. I had a cheeseburger, because they trim their own steaks, and make the scraps into burger (which they also sell at their market, next door), and it is spectacular. I wish they would have left the bacon chutney off, but many will love that, too. Great menu, drinks, desserts, and service!Special Features:
- Abbiw Gunn 'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014We went for a birthday dinner on a Thursday night. Food and service were outstanding! The restaurant's food is the highest quality and they even gave us a complimentary birthday dessert! Our waitress was most attentive and kind. BUT.....The noise level was such as to impede digestion, conversation and enjoyment. The tables are right next to the bar and people at the bar were literally shrieking all during our dinner. One woman screamed continually until we wondered if she was being murdered. We had to shout at each other to have a conversation. There were several little "nooks" with doors that would be good for groups, but we were too small a party to request these. They REALLY should do something about the noise level.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodBirthdayDinnerGoneBadDined on 10/8/2014Very busy - must make reservations! The purpose for dinner was to catch-up with a family so we wanted to be able to carry on a conversation easily. We were assigned a small room which was great. We closed the door and we had our private function!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceFoodie83Dined on 10/5/2014We had a reservation via Open Table at 6:30pm, but had to wait until 6:40pm to be seated - that's never happened before. Also, our food took way too long to arrive. I guess there's a first time for everything, but I don't expect it to happen again. We love Annie Gunn's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to EatAStephensDined on 10/4/2014Although the menu was pricey. The food was well prepared and the services was outstanding. It is worth the cost. My wife and I were celebrating of 15 year anniversary and we were made to feel welcome by every staff member that we encountered. My wife truly enjoyed the ambiance, food and service that we didn't mind paying the $160.00 bill. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014We always enjoy Annie Gunn's for special occasions. All of our kids and friends choose if when we are celebrating their birthdays. Good food is always served and that apple pie and cinnamon ice cream is to "die for"!Special Features:
- Always outstanding!Mzac25Dined on 9/27/2014The service, food and ambiance is worth the price of admission!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding...TERITOPDined on 9/27/2014Celebrating Mom's 85th birthday! Our dinner was exceptional, excellent service and an incredible wine list. Completely Satisfied and then some.... :)Special Features:
- ellieLDined on 9/27/2014Never a disappointing meal at AG's, but missed the scallops on the menu and there are not a ton of vegetarian choices. The steaks are great, and the bread pudding was huge for sharing and absolutely fantastic. I love that they ask if you are celebrating anything ahead of time and work with you if you have a seating preference. Nice wine list.Special Features:
- Lives up to its reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014We were eating a late dinner so selected a lighter menu and it didn't disappoint. Service is very good but not overdone. We will go back.Special Features:
- Always a good dinnerDlvsmDined on 9/21/2014As always very good! Service is excellent and the wine list is vast but a bit overpriced. Everything was very good and some of the best steaks in town! Shrimp appetizer special was not as great as they were a bit over cooked and very hard but the cheese sampler was awesome! Also had the Halibut and this was excellent and perfectly cooked! Would definite go back again and again.Special Features:
- LunchBuddVIPDined on 9/21/2014The meatloaf is the best that you will ever find. Their selection of ice creams for desert is decadent. The food never disappoints.Special Features:
- Great! As usual!CarguyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Our favorite restaurant ... it never fails to deliver an extraordinary meal. Our server, Judy, was terrific. Helpful advice, just the right amount of attention. Another great experience at Annie Gunn's.Special Features:
- Great Meal, Great ServicejonesfotoVIPDined on 9/16/2014The only even slightly disappointing aspect of our recent dinner at Annie's was the terrible paper napkins that littered our table. Distracting and unsightly, they stuck to the bottoms of our glasses, to the table and to my dining partner's hand. Find new napkins. Otherwise, perfect service, remarkable cuisine and one of the finest bartenders anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brithdayDined on 9/16/2014I took my best girlfriend there for lunch, the food was outstanding. Our waiter was suburb, the apple pie and cinnamon ice cream really great. My only complaint was it was very noisy, it was the noon hour and there several large groups, so it was hard for my friend and to talk and hear each other.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014My husband and I went to Annie Gunn's to celebrate our anniversary. Upon being seated our waiter started to pour us an alcoholic beverage. We are non-drinkers, so it would have been nice if we would have been asked so that we didn't have to stop him from pouring to inquire about what we were being served. Also, after the meal, we were going to order dessert, but the waiter brought us one and wished us happy anniversary. We thought it was complementary, but then I noticed it was added to our check. If we had known we had to pay for it, we would have ordered something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too loud for the priceloudDined on 9/9/2014we went there on a Tuesday evening at 6pm and inside or "outside" in the in the close off addition, was extremely loud. We had to yell just to hear each other. after 45 min my ears hurt from the noise and throat hurt from yelling just so my date across the table could hear me. It honestly was similar to being at a Rams game and trying to have a conversation.
- AWESOME food!CLWSDined on 9/7/2014Annie Gunn's is one of THE BEST restaurants in the area. It is hard to get a table, but worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceJoeLDined on 9/4/2014We requested on of the "rooms" for dinner and we're accommodated. Food was very good and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food even better serviceJmflammDined on 8/31/2014Great food! Took a little long which we didn't mind but definitely noticed. Without us saying Anything though we were given free desserts for the inconvenience. Way to go above and beyond! Super friendly staff as well and even called me the day before to confirm everything was in order for the reservation. All around great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceGerryDined on 8/31/2014Went there for lunch to celebrate a birthday. Service and food was excellent. They even provided a birthday desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Fabulous..but noisy area!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Fantastic food but VERY noisy and tables are too close together. We were there celebrating a birthday and there were 9 of us in a group but we all had a difficult time hearing each other because of the noise level. We sat out on the enclosed porch area and would not recommend this seating location if you are trying to go there for a "romantic" dinner b/c you will be disappointed. However, the steaks were amazing and so were the salads.Special Features:
- good but bettermilom100Dined on 8/30/2014So many specials the server ran thru them faster than we could understand her dialogue and I'm in the business 43 years . Some combinations were just not to be paired with each other. Very noisy, slow kitchen times, food was good but not fantastic at those prices you would expect fantastic....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2014The most diverse, high quality food in the US! From the chefs, to management, to the waitresses, this place ROCKS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch breakGrammyDined on 8/29/2014As always the service was great. food well presented and plentifulSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Dinnerewood7725Dined on 8/24/2014We celebrated my wifes birthday on a Sunday night. The food, service staff, and wine were all excellant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014we were give 5 star treatment for our anniversary it has became a favSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.