16806 Chesterfield Airport Rd
Chesterfield, MO 63005Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.anniegunns.com/
- Phone: (636) 532-7684
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Louis Rook, III
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Annie Gunn's commonly host events such as board meetings,retirement parties, anniversaries,weddings,rehearsal dinners,cocktail parties,wine dinners,and personal or company celebrations of all types.
- Private Party Facilities: Annie Gunn's consistently offers abundant portions of prime aged steaks, fresh pristine fish and homemade desserts daily. This is the perfect place for your next event. Our professional, hospitable service and expert event planning will ensure your next event is both memorable and effortless.
- Private Party Contact: Molly Gordon 6365327684x
- Entertainment: NA
- Special Events: Apple Knocker Hard Cider & Owl Creek Vineyard Dinner - Sunday 4/27/14
Siduri/Boar Wine Dinner - Tuesday 5/13/14
Mi Sueno Wine Dinner - Tuesday 6/24/14
"The Smoker" featuring Ridge Vineyards - Monday 10/6/14
Contact us to find out more details or to make a reservation.
A word from Annie Gunn's
Since 1937, once nestled in the middle of cornfields stands the Smokehouse Market. An unpretentious structure, reminiscent of its days as the market for the surrounding Chesterfield area. The store now houses one of St. Louis's most celebrated restaurants, Annie Gunn's. Within its walls, Chef Lou Rook, III works his magic, creating irresistible cuisine with a sophisticated country life accent. In keeping with the concept of "Foods and wines inspired by the richness of country life", Chef Rook uses the best ingredients and the traditions that are most appropriate to them and imbues them with his own talented creative spin within the rhythm of the seasons. Annie Gunn's boasts an award-winning wine list as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Annie Gunn's - Best Restaurants in Chesterfield ›
Annie Gunn's reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (165)fit for foodies (124)notable wine list (121)neighborhood gem (74)great for lunch (72)romantic (67)hot spot (59)good for groups (58)vibrant bar scene (47)great for outdoor dining (22)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (15)great for brunch (12)scenic view (1)Show More
- A very special eveningGreenhillDined on 11/23/2014I celebrated my birthday at this restaurant. It was one of the most memorable meals I have ever had. The service was magnificent. The food was very special. The staff made me feel very special. My steak was impressive. Mashed potatoes were divine. The wine was outstanding. The apple pie for dessert was one of the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wood ChairsAries40Dined on 11/20/2014The restaurant had great food, appetizer was great, rest of the group enjoyed their meals and was cooked perfectly! the reason for my rating was I ordered the chicken Caesar salad which had tasty chicken on it, however barely any Caesar dressing on the salad so wasn't as good as could have been. We sat in the dining area and barely had any room, couldn't move in chair at all. Chairs were wood! Had i known that in advance would have never gone there due to a bad back, my leg went numb and have had pain for 2 days just recovering now. So overall, would go back if they had cushioned seats! Staff was great. Our waiter was Excellent and very attentive even thou very busy, that's was made up for the poor chair choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Everything about our visit was amazing. We had a party of 13 and they took excellent care of us. Our food was fantastic. Overall A++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 46th Wedding AnniversaryGeorgeDined on 11/16/2014Request for seating was honored. I Like the private rooms as the noise level is much higher in the rest of the restaurant. Food was awesome, as usual! We will be returning for our 47th anniversary. Service was superb and server was very knowledgeable of the menu and the wine list. We were greeted at the hostess stand and acknowledged for our special occasion. Everyone made our event special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Due to a large table of 10 young men who obviously had be drinking before they arrived and continued drinking, we were unable to speak to each other at me table and be heardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/13/2014Annie Gunn's is a perfect date night location, especially if you like to savor your time (and meal). We have two kids, so it was nice to take our time. Great food. Great service. Great ambiance - nice but not stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovefoodDined on 11/13/2014We were put in small room off to the side. It was cramped for 6 people. Service was slow and inconsistant. Had to wait 15 minutes to get check, after the meal. Waitress never came back to offer additional coffee refils. Would probally not recommend. Find that they have large following of locals, and not too gracious to one time diner. My wife and I eat out 3-4 nights a week, but are treated with respect and have others try to be gracious hoping we will be regulars. Guess we will let them keep their customers and we will continue to shop at the market, but will explore the other wonderful restruants in the area.Special Features:
- Very recommendedagent5Dined on 11/9/2014One of the best Restaurants that I've been to. The service was amazing, kind, they took their time and invested in making us feel catered to. The food was out of this world, I especially liked the crab cakes and the sheep ribs. It was quite an experience and I hope to come back one day.Special Features:
- One of our FAVORITE places!katsmom98VIPDined on 11/9/2014We LOVE to dine at Annie Gunn's, whether for a quick lunch at the bar, dinner with friends, or sometimes just for a dozen Prussian Pearls and a bottle of champagne! It is especially fun for celebrating a special occasion, which we did on our most recent visit. The service is always fabulous and Chef Lou Rook's always changing menu NEVER disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingZazie7VIPDined on 11/8/2014Annie Gunn's is a delightful restaurant that serves American classics with a twist. The service is attentive without being intrusive. The decor is warm and clubby. It is a very inviting. The Smoke house next door sells wonderful meat and pies. It is always enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great Family NightKrisDined on 11/7/2014Staff went over and above to make you feel welcome and enjoy the experience. Loved the food and the wine. We will come back againSpecial Features:
- CONSISTENTLY FANTASTIC!!!inspiredDined on 11/7/2014I TAKE EVERYONE THERE AND THEY LOVE IT!!! Best food in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my boss was in townVConleyDined on 11/4/2014I picked this place due to location and easy access to highway. I had never been there before but the website seemed promising and I liked that I could make a reservation online so we could get right in. They seated us next to the majestic fireplace in the back which was perfect and the greeting by the staff was very friendly and warm. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding - needless to say my boss was impressed and that made my day! Thanks :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncrediableAtlasDined on 11/2/2014Every single bit was amazing.... wine, apps, soups, salad, entree, dessert... I did not want anything to end. A must.Special Features:
- Great ServiceeastsidekooDined on 11/1/2014Service and food are always impeccable. It is a little noisy so I wouldn't recommend for a romantic night but great for other special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never got table I bookedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Made a reservation on line and then went into Annie Gunn's to check on the table that was reserved weeks before our special event. (30th Wedding Anniversary Reception) After a sepcial mass at our church we arrived at Annie Gunn's and was told our table would be just a few minutes. Kept getting apologies every ten minutes and after a 45 minute wait did not get seated until 7:45 and had a 7PM reservation. They had us standing at the front door for 45 minutes. Apparently gave the tabel I reserved away before we arrived and never did get that table. Was seated at another one. We were given free appetizers as soon as we were seated. Evening at already been dampened by their service. Took another 15 minutes to get a drinkSpecial Features:
- Fabulous Evening!JonathanDined on 11/1/2014From arrival with the hostess to the detail and attentiveness of the wait staff, this was one of the best dinning experiences we have had in quite a while. We were greeted with a complimentary glass of muscato, which delighted us as we began our evening. From the appetizers to the entrée and desserts, a fabulous evening...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Place!ChuckDined on 10/31/2014What an outstanding place! We had a wonderful dinner and the service was top notch. This was our first time eating here but we will definitely be coming back on special occasions.Special Features:
- The menu was limited...........HungryDined on 10/29/2014Portions where small for the big price and not enough entrays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingrobbVIPDined on 10/29/2014Really enjoyed dinner. Food was outstanding and the service was even better. Looking forward to the next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchFranDined on 10/29/2014We had a party of 4 for lunch, and the food was fantastic as usual. What made is especially nice, was that when I place the reservation I had requested a quiet table because two of the people in our group wears hearing aids, and if the location of the table is in the middle area of tables, they has a problem hearing the conversation. We were fortunate in being seated in a more private room that even had a door if the outside noise got a little too loud. I really appreciated that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, good ambianceEnjoySTLfoodDined on 10/28/2014Annie Gunn's has excellent food, including their daily fish specials and burgers. Our service was excellent. As always, the noise level is high, which not not conducive to conversing with family. The tables are seated close together. The patrons at the table behind us kept getting up, hitting our chairs, and were particularly loud.Special Features:
- Disappointing ReturnDowntownDinerDined on 10/28/2014We have been to AG's several times over the past 3 or 4 years. Always great until last Tuesday. First it was freezing. Manager turned up the heat, but 30 min later it was cold again. The place was busy as usual with a large party in one room, but the service was terrible. It took 25 minutes after we finished our salad to get our entrees. Another 25 minutes to get desert after the entrees. I asked for the check when the desert was served and it took another 15 minutes for the check to arrive. When you pay as much as AG's charges, you expect top of the line food and service. My wife had the tuna, and it was very dry. Total time to eat was well over two hours from the time we sat down until the time we paid and left. Much too long.Special Features:
- Once again spectacularsatisfiedDined on 10/26/2014We go to Annie Gunn's as our special occasion place and once again it lived up to our expectations. Our Server, Mindy, was helpful, knowledgeable and prompt. She conveyed a specific request about a steak to the kitchen which was carried out perfectly. The appetizers, especially the pork belly confit, were wonderful. Desserts, a chai creme brulee and bread pudding, were a perfect ending. We will return for our next special occasion. The only reasons we won't be back next week are the expense and the damage to our waistlines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, obviouslyBWilsonDined on 10/24/2014Bar drinks, menu, atmosphere all great...very pricey. Not a place to frequent, but certainly a place to be seen, if that's important to you.Special Features:
- Amazing food every timeJhill1515VIPDined on 10/24/2014Annie Gunn's never disappoints. I've been there for lunch 4 times now and each time was fantastic.Special Features:
- Annie Gunn'ssometimesfinedinerDined on 10/23/2014Annie Gunn has a fantastic ambiance. The wine list is comprehensive and impressive, they even give you a sample of a house chosen wine as a gift to start off your dining experience. The food is absolutely delicious - I went with the filet and it was cooked and seasoned to perfection. I also had the creme brulee for dessert - it had excellent flavor but I would recommend sharing with dining companion as it was too much for one after the completing the meal. My friend and I split the check and I paid around $50 for the filet meal, a glass of water as my drink, creme brulee as dessert, and a generous tip slightly more than 20%. I highly recommend Annie Gunn's for a nice evening out with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014This was my first time at Annie Gunn's and I was celebrating my 60th birthday. Food was great, service excellent. I will go back. Our waitress Michelle was the best!!!Special Features:
- Great place!WorldTravelerDined on 10/18/2014The food has been fantastic every time we go!!! We were a table of 8 adults this last time and everyone loved every dish they got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st place to bring our guestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014We have a very special guest (VP of True Lemon) that comes in once a year. And Annie Gunns is where he wants to go. I used Open Table and left a message to the restaurant about the possibility of moving us up on the reservation list. And WOW, I got a call from Annie Gunns and they were wonderful...they moved us up an hour and really made me feel like my reservation mattered. At the last minute our guest was not able to make the plane and the staff still treated us kindly. Our guest made it in Sat. night and then was so disappointed he had missed out on Annie Gunns...in fact he is coming back in Dec. just to dine at the restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantSharonDined on 10/17/2014Been going here for years and is always wonderful. This evening was no exception.Special Features:
- Food EnthusiastFOODENTHDined on 10/17/2014This is a high end steak/seafood stop. Expect to pay $100 per person for a full experience(Appetizer, Entree, Desert and Drinks). If nothing else, you must stop in and get the Potato pancake. It's simply the best appetizer I've ever had. I'm in sales and took one of my accounts here. We were all very pleased with our experience. I plan to stop by in the future to order just the Potato Pancake. Yes, it's that good!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smoked Rib-Eye: who knew?FoodiemcbDined on 10/16/2014I have to admit, I had never had or actually though about actually smoking a steak before, but it was certianly a great idea and something i would encourgae you to try if you have not had the opprotunity. This is a very popular spot so getting a table can be tricky especially during the weekend. I would certainly return.Special Features:
- Annie Gunn'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014As aways, the food and service was excellent. My favorite place to dine in the Saint Louis area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Wonderful!smm1016Dined on 10/14/2014We go to Annie Gunn's often and can always expect to have a delicious meal. The chef is spectacular and you can't go wrong with anything on or off the menu. It's always busy so make a reservation or go by 5:00pm. Probably one of the two best restaurants in St. Louis.Special Features:
- Fantastic as alwaysChesterfieldCourtneyDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I went here before the Cardinals game the other night. We were in a bit of a hurry (I know, not the place for a quick bite). However our server was very accommodating and took our dinner orders with our drink orders. We had the baked potato soup as a starter which was perfect - taste, temperature, and quantity. We followed that course with the filet mignon and seasonal vegetables. Everything came out piping hot and tasted phenomenal. This is the restaurant that I always recommend to out of town guests and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/12/2014Always perfect…..food, service, atmosphere! Never disappointed….ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AgainABthreeDined on 10/10/2014Enjoyed our dinner experience. Attentive service. Excellent good. Best steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here.Luv2eatDined on 10/10/2014Our overall dining experience was nice, and the market was wonderful. We ordered the $65 bone in filet and despite being cooked spot on it wasn't seasoned so just tasted like a hunk of meat, very disappointing. Nothing we ordered was note worthy, all just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary spotStl29Dined on 10/10/2014My husband and I came here just a few short days ago (for the first time) to celebrate our fifth anniversary and the impending birth of our first child. It was the perfect experience. Our server was attentive, helpful, and so friendly. Every bite of food was amazing. We started with the chicken appetizer and the potato soup. My husband had a ribeye and I had the classic burger. At the end of the meal, we were stuffed! We were fully prepared to decline the dessert menu when our waiter came out with a complimentary piece of apple pie with cinnamon ice cream. Now I must say my grandmother is a southern woman who knows how to cook, and yet this was by far the best apple pie I've ever tasted! Annie Gunn's is definitely a must go for St Louisans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.