60 Wallingford Sq.
Kittery, ME 03904Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.annekejans.net/
- Phone: 2074390001x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Seven Nights 5:00 to Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lee Frank
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: If you are looking for a private luncheon or intimate gathering for a family birthday, baby shower, rehearsal dinner or any other occasion we are happy to sit with you and discuss your many options here at Anneke Jans!
- Private Party Contact: Moira Canty 2074390001x
- Special Events: If you are looking to have a party of any kind please contact Jason or Moira at 207-439-0001
A word from Anneke Jans
Anneke Jans is a neighborhood bistro style restaurant where old and new friends gather to eat good food, and drink good wine. Our menu changes often and parking is easy. Come and enjoy an evening with us.Continued
For Gift Cards call 207-439-0001
For Gift Cards call 207-439-0001
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Anneke Jans - Best Restaurants in Kittery, ME ›
Anneke Jans reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (52)special occasion (44)romantic (38)notable wine list (24)great for brunch (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)good for groups (5)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Gourmet food in KitterymikbergDined on 9/14/2014A Boston level restaurant in downtown Kittery,ME. Very creative foods without driving to Boston. Will return on special occasions.Special Features:
- gibsonVIPDined on 9/6/2014Anneke Jans has been a regular visit during our annual travel to Maine, and we have enjoyed the inventive cuisine and exceptional service for the past 6 or 7 years. This year, however, the menu was less interesting, the food less creative, and the service unexceptional. The cocktails have lost their panache. The wine list is oddly selected and overpriced (I recognized one pedestrian Bordeaux that retails for $11 on the menu for $42). While still good, Anneke Jans is no longer excellent.
- WOWGzlouiseDined on 9/5/2014Never knew fried olives were so delicious! Great food with interesting combinations - Wild boar - delicious! Loved all of it from the apps - the olives, salads and entres. We were too full for desert! Next time we're leaving room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MandyDined on 9/2/2014The food was amazing as always. Service perfect. All around great restaurant. A little quiet - we went on the Tuesday after Labor Day, but to be expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingjroushVIPDined on 8/29/2014The food was very good and our service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectDCLadyVIPDined on 8/22/2014We have visited Anneke Jans a few times while passing through Kittery Maine. Each visit has been the same - great food prepared from the freshest local ingredients, warm gracious hospitality, and an enthusiastic staff happy to answer any questions about the food or the area. The drink selection is eclectic (in a good way). A wonderful gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience PlusLadyDiDined on 8/16/2014Great food, super service, and fabulous seating for our 39th wedding anniversary!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointingdinneroutDined on 8/15/2014We took some out of town friends to Anneka Jan's. We had been there many times. The food was good but I have dietary restrictions that require selection modifications. Our waiter was accommodating but in selecting vegetable side (roasted carrots) there were only 2 small ones hidden on the plate. In addition the noise factor was very distracting and not at all conducive to conversation. We were a party of 4 and were seated at a large round table which further prevented conversation. We also had a significantly long wait for dinner to arrive. I realize this is a popular restaurant and previous dining experiences have been exemplary. The ambiance - especially lighting and dark walls is soothing but way too noisy. We would still try again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoriteJulesDined on 8/15/2014We often joke that we go to Anneke Jans too much, with two small children Date nights are few and far between, we can count on Anneke Jans for an amazing meal, fantastic service and a great atmosphere. They never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurant5StarDined on 8/8/2014This is our favorite restaurant to enjoy dinner with family and friends when vacationing in Ogunquit Just a short drive. Service was exemplary!!! Highlighted by chefs description of entrees from his station in the open kitchen...Get a few orders of pomme frittes for the table. Great food and wine....highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous eveningtlc946Dined on 8/1/2014Fine dining at it's best! Mussel appetizer was the best we've had and the sirloin was extremely flavorful and cooked to perfection, chicken and polluck delicious, as well. Pommes frites a must. Great wine list and terrific waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodjroushVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food was very good and the service was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!NicoleDined on 7/31/2014Four of us enjoyed dinner where the service was excellent and the food was amazing! It felt classy yet comfortable. I also loved it's location right downtown where you could enjoy the quantness of what an old small town offers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soCorkyDined on 7/28/2014Food very good but once again two woman put in the noisiest seats in the house, while the place was only 40 per cent full. Service just ok.Special Features:
- SolidLuv2eatDined on 7/26/2014The food was very good. The service was excellent. For sure the chocolate tasting is a mugs for any chocolate lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoastalCravingsDined on 7/26/2014Anneke Jans is our 'special occasion' destination. The table offered was the hosts 'favorite in the house'. Our beverages were great, special margarita, generous wine pour. The mussels, w/blue cheese amazing (although we did need to ask for extra bread for the delicious liquid). My husband's fish was delightful, when my duck arrived, I thought it looked overdone, but to not ruin the mood, I mistakenly didn't say anything. The flavor was fabulous, but all was quite dry. Our waiter was helpful, when he checked in. I thought it was too late in the meal for replacement. In the end, the owner took the duck off of our tab, and they bought us the dessert we shared. This was a fair solution and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything but the main courseFrequentdinerDined on 7/25/2014It was the first night the restaurant had duck on the menu. The description made it sound delicious. It was dry and you really couldn't detect the flavor of the glaze. The service was excellent, but the noise level, once it started to fill up, was deafening. Glad we made earlier reservations. I don't know how folks can talk to one another once it gets busy.
- Awesome RestaurantfoodisgoodDined on 7/23/2014We had a wonderful evening. The food was fantastic. The emphasis on local food is very important to us. The ambiance was elegant and fun. We brought two of our kids and they had a nice time and enjoyed the meal. The service was very good. The waiter was great and very personable.Special Features:
- EcellentWilliamDined on 7/20/2014They have maintained excellence through the years in food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/12/2014Overall an excellent experience. The food was quite credible and the service was great. Reasonable wine list and food selection that was fresh and innovative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!vicageDined on 7/11/2014The Cod and mussels were delicious! The bar tender makes a wonderful martini as well. Another amazing experience at a Kittery Point spot. Be back soon.Special Features:
- One of Our FavoritesFoodieNHDined on 7/11/2014Anneke Jans is a great foreside restaurant that has been around for several years. They consistently impress with their dishes and the service is top notch. Nice wine and drink list make it even better. Whether you're looking for a quiet table for 2, space for 6-8 or just want to sit at the bar and have a small meal, this restaurant won't let you down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014has gone downhill for the past two years. The only thing left that's have way decent on the limited menu are the mussles.Special Features:
- Open on Sunday night!trieditlikeditVIPDined on 6/29/2014Tried the avocado gazpacho. It was absolutely delicious. Creamy, cold and yum. What could be exciting about chicken? Well, it's always done to perfection, and when I find good chicken, I order it! Mussels are always outstanding, as was the sirloin. There was nothing left on my husband's plate. Wait staff is always ON, and our waittress was delightful and knowledgeable. Anneke Jans offers the best ambience in the Portsmouth/Kittery area…..and it's open on Sunday night!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shh, don't tell anyone.ldp604Dined on 6/28/2014Wish this could stay hidden in downtown Kittery forever but then they might go out of business so I better promote them. Amazing dinner in a very attractive space. Honestly do not have a complaint. Some of the best mussels and frites I have had, excellent cheese board, entrees slightly small but super tasty. Must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still hungryjustonemouthfullDined on 6/28/2014I had friends comming to visit, they had heard about Anneke Jans, "they are Dutch" so I was excited to make a reservation. When our main dish arrived I was a little embarrassed when they lean over and said " I hope you are not hungry tonight". I had got the Cod duo, the pieces were so small I could have fit them on a teaspoon! Not the best meal I've ever over paid for. Even though the name apears to be Dutch...nothing else is.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnertlc946Dined on 6/22/2014Wonderful dining experience - food was delicious - great wine list - great service. A local favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!chocolate1Dined on 6/21/2014We had such a lovely evening at Anneke Jans. The service was friendly but professional. The food was superb and the atmosphere was lovely without being pretentious, which was impressive because the quality of the food is on par with the finest restaurants in major urban areas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven"t been in awhile.....joanneDined on 6/21/2014We went with friends. Hadn't been in a year. Restaurant expanded, which was needed. Food is very good but Entre portion was much too small and expensive. I was surprised since this was not the case last time we were there. Will think twice before returning.Special Features:
- Fine DiningFuss1estDined on 6/19/2014We had a lovely meal with a very good wine. Mussels were wonderful. Steaks and pork delicious. A hard working new chef knows what he is doing and produces very good food. Very quiet the night we were there as adapting to a new chef can take time. Not cheap but well worth a trip.Special Features:
- A special eveningLoveGreatFoodDined on 6/13/2014Loved the menu and wine selection. Enjoyable evening with great food. We chose to dine earlier to avoid crowd and noise, but at 6 p.m. on a Friday night it was still a little noisy.Special Features:
- A nice treat for a SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014A casual brunch - non pretentious and non boring menu! I will keep in mind for future Sunday's throughout the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best dining in KitteryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014The food is always outstanding. The service is fun and attentive. Ken is one of my favorite waiters EVER. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!skigalDined on 5/25/2014This was our second visit and the food was really just as amazing! We waited a long time to get a drink at the bar, even though we had seats and were clearly waiting to order, but other than that, the service was great. Timing was also perfect for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why go anywhere else?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Consistently my favorite place to dine-out in Kittery. The mussels are simply the best. The wine list is more than adequate, and the selection of appetizers and entrees has both variety and quality. The service is second to none; friendly and attentive. This restaurant has my highest recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- something different in Maine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014Located in Kittery an interesting little town a short drive or a longer walk over bridges to Portsmouth. Wonderful local food geared to the seasons in a cozy sophisticated atmosphere. Friendly knowledgeable staff do not rush you out the door.Special Features:
- The following 923 reviews are from the Anneke Jans reviews archive.
- Anneke Jans JamsTRex86Dined on 5/16/2014A very stylish restaurant on Wellingford Square in Kittery Maine. The locale is charming, the food is imaginative and pitch perfect service. My wife had steak tartare, tomato soup, and mussels--all excellent. I had a pork terrine, which was a bit flat (under-seasoned), an updated Caesar salad and roast chicken with potato gallettes--both excellent. BTW, the bread is divine and the butter arrives soft and spreadable. We had excellent cocktails and had no room for dessert. It's a nice destination restaurant for anyone in coastal New Hampshire or southern Maine. The only downside is parking, which is scant.Special Features:
- Fabulous dining experiencemelnevDined on 5/3/2014The food was absolutely wonderful, cooked perfectly, and presented beautifully. The service was top notch, and the atmosphere was perfect. I especially loved the fried olives, they were sooo good! I will certainly be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real FindWillMEDined on 5/2/2014We actually chose the restaurant by location rather than reputation (it is halfway between two cities of residence) so we were amazed at how good the food was. Between the four of us, we had nine different dishes and each one was outstanding. The food is interesting and carefully prepared (brilliantly so with the seafood, where the margin of error is especially small) and the meal was served at an appropriate pace, aside from the first courses arriving well before we had finished our cocktails. The wine list could use some work -- it is tends to be expensive and a bit narrowly focused, and the wines by the glass were especially uninteresting.Special Features:
- Simply the bestdukeVIPDined on 4/28/2014Anneke Jan's is a gem. The expanded design is beautifully done and the food and service has never been better. if you are going to the Portsmouth area it's a not to miss restaurant. Jason and his staff make everyone feel welcome and appreciated.Special Features: