Anna's Ristorante (fka Brix 67)
67 Union Place
Summit, NJ 07901Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Anna's Ristorante (fka Brix 67)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.annasristorante.com/
- Phone: 9082734448
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 11:30pm - 4:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Di Pietro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering up to 100 people
- Private Party Facilities: Anna's Ristorante offers a private chef room which can hold a max of 16 guest. It can be used for a la carte service or private chef tasting menu.
- Private Party Contact: Diego Martinez 8883654670
- Cross Street: Maple Street
- Public Transit: We are located right across from the Summit train station.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking available. There are also three parking lots 5 minutes away, walking distance from Brix, located on Maple Street, Springfield Ave. and Beach Wood. All lots are free after 6 o"clock and free Saturday and Sunday all day.
A word from Anna's Ristorante (fka Brix 67)
Anna's Ristorante satisfies the most demanding palates with a selection of dishes whose range includes gourmet pizza, prepared in an authentic brick oven, melt-in-your mouth homemade pastas, and a variety of succulent meat and fresh fish dishes. Located on Union Place across from the train station, if you are in search of a romantic evening, a special night with the family, or simply a good experience, this is the place to visit. Executive Chef Giuseppe Di Pietro brings with him the dignity of an artiste.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Anna's Ristorante (fka Brix 67) reviews from OpenTable diners
- I have eaten at Anna's manySpringDined on 11/19/2012I have eaten at Anna's many times and I am never disappointed. We had 7 people at our table, most of whom had not been to Anna's before. They all thought the evening was great, from the wait staff to the food. The price is right as well!Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2012Food was awesome! Loved that it was BYO! Service was great! Loved the bread and oil, even asked for more! I left a note on my open table reservation to please put a candle in whatever dessert we ordered for my husband's birthday, I wasn't sure if it would happen because I didn't say anything about it in person. They delivered a wonderful "Italianish Happy Birthday" rendition with our YUMMY chocolate lava cake!
- Service was excellent, foodLindaFDined on 11/16/2012Service was excellent, food was a mixed bag, some good, some so-so.Special Features:
- Ok local place, but that isJd45Dined on 10/20/2012Ok local place, but that is it. Food was fince, but some odd combonations (mashed potatoes with veal parm?) Service was substandard. Owner was working hard, btu staff seemed to be running around like chickes with their heads cut off. We wiated 20 minutes for bread to come to the table. Whole night they seemed to be running behind. Allt old, place is trying to be a 'classy' italian, but I'd put it barely above a nice pizza joint. Certainly wouldn't be a 'go to' place in the future.
- Unfortunately our experienceOct20Dined on 10/15/2012Unfortunately our experience was disappointing.... Waiter was not attentive....kept chatting informally with over workers nearby. Server addressed my wife and Me as "guys" until advised to address us properly....[we are both seniors] Main entrees were too salty Restaurant was mostly empty, except for guests who were present at three other tables.
- Good food, average serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/13/2012After reading some reviews I decided to come here with my husband and our parents/in-laws for a Saturday night dinner. The place was quite busy and therefore the waitress and maitre'd were anxious to get our orders as soon as possible. After we ordered, the food came out very quickly (except the one entree the waitress forgot about). In general the food was very good and the fact that you could bring your own wine made it even better. The dessert was delicious, we ordered the banana crunch. I would recommend this place, but in the fall/winter don't sit too close to the door. With the hosts and waitresses who kept opening it to cool off and the patrons coming in and out, it was very drafty.Special Features:
- I will return!FireandWine65VIPDined on 9/8/2012I knew that the owners of Ferraro's in Westfield were in with this restaurant so I figured that it was a "no brainer" as far as the food quality would go.Ferraro's carries a great reputation and I can't wait for Westfield to re-open. That being said,the food did not disappoint.The restaurant has a great interior as far as it is set up but is missing some ambiance.I'm a big fan of linen table cloths and linen napkins.I think that it adds a lot to the elegance of a restaurant. One of my BIGGEST pet peeves is when a restaurant puts PAPER on top of your table.VERY VERY BAD! It makes you feel like you are at a kids restaurant and need some crayons to keep busy.I'd rather you charge me an extra buck and put linen on the tables. I will be back!Special Features:
- Anna's rates a CNJcat22Dined on 9/8/2012Actually, none of the above special features apply. The restaurant was good but nothing special. Our group of 4 had quite good appetizers - salad and an order of bruschetta, except that the waiter forgot to bring the bruschetta. Two pasta entrees were tasty, but the pasta was WAY overcooked. We skipped dessert. The front desk was somewhat confused about the reservation. Our friends arrived before we did and were seated, so that when we arrived, we were told that there was no reservation........apparently they deleted it when our friends were seated.
- Good Food, Erratic Service, RudeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2012Loud, rude, uncontrolled patrons. If that's for you, go to Anna's. Food was good: calamari&zucchini appetizers plentiful and tasty, gnocchi&veal parm very good, pizza good, salmon forgettable. Service erratic: one waiter, but several servers and others in each others way. Appetizers not finished before dinners served. The bill showed up right after plates were removed without asking about dessert. These faults could have been overlooked, BUT: table of ten across the room used the BYO policy to get loud and obnoxious and insulting with patrons at nearby tables. Management DID NOTHING to quiet or remove them and the rest of the patrons suffered for an hour or more. Manager tried to make excuses but didn't even offer discount/credit.
- This BYOB is a great localOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2012This BYOB is a great local spot. The Ahi Tuna and the Veal Saltimbocca are always a hit. We've have several group functions here too like a wedding rehearsal dinner and a baby shower in the area in the back which we were really happy with.Special Features:
- The food was great, but theKathylk1VIPDined on 8/28/2012The food was great, but the best part for us was the gluten-free menu! The pasta my daughter ordered was just as good as any regular pasta. We will definitely be back repeatedly!Special Features:
- Good Service, Good Food and BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 8/25/2012This is my son's favorite restaurant. I finally made it here with my girlfriend. It was great! The service was great, the food was great!! When my friend and I go out to dinner, we do not like to be rushed, we ususally talk for about 1/2 or more before we even look at the menu. They bever rushed us, even after our server brought us the bill, they never came until we asked them to take it. Everything looked so good, so may decisions. I had the tuna tartar, WOW if you like tuna tartar definitely try it.. The gnocchi my son recomended so that made it easier, didnt have to make a decision looking at the menu, knew what I was having and the gnocci melted in your mouth with stringy mozzarella cheese.. WOW again.. mango sorbet very nice touch tSpecial Features:
- For a casual evening, a good bet.malofroDined on 8/21/2012This was my first time and I brought three others for a dinner and meeting. We sat inside but by the open patio doors which made it very comfortable. The service was friendly and quick. I had tilapia which was generous portion and very moist, flavorful. Others had linguini with vegetables, pizza. Everyone enjoyed the food and thought it was a nice place to meet. Overall, I would say the food was very good but not exceptional, and the service was efficient and friendly but not outstanding.Special Features:
- Very Nice Meal!MickeyVIPDined on 8/18/2012Went to Annas last night with my wife and daughter. The restaurant is larger than we expected. It was a beautiful night so many people chose to sit outdoors. We made late reservations so we were seated midway in the dining room. We started off with soup and it was outstanding. I had the eggplant and I have to say it was equal to some of the best eggplant dishes I have had in many NYC restaurants. My wife had fish and my daughter had a steak. Between the three of us not one complaint with the food or service. We had an outstanding night and enjoyed the evening. On top of that we chose a wonderful Cabernet that we brought from home so the bill was very reasonable. This is a great BYOB restaurant. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2012I've been here a bunch of times. Amazing brick oven pizza. The entrees are classic italian. Great chicken parm and the specials are always unique. Love it here!Special Features:
- Excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/11/2012Bravo for the outstanding and friendly service from the entire staff!Special Features:
- I Had the salmon special.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2012I Had the salmon special. Food was delicious...and plenty of it!
- We dined with another coupleCindyVIPDined on 7/28/2012We dined with another couple who have never been and they loved Anna's!!!Special Features:
- Solid good foodJtable01prDined on 7/24/2012Nice menu. We were five and everyone's dish was good. Nice use of local seasonal ingredients. Nothing too fancy just good wholesome food Anne generous portions. Very limited wine menu. No cocktails so bring your own wine! Waitstaff is young, polite but they are not professional waiters.Special Features:
- I have dietary issues andCindyVIPDined on 7/22/2012I have dietary issues and Anna's always accommodates me and makes me feel welcome and taken care of. I love this restaurant!!!Special Features:
- We were seated immediately,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012We were seated immediately, outside as requested. Service was fabulous - all of the waitstaff catered to our every need. The food was delicious and came up rather quickly and at a perfect temperature. We will return for sure!Special Features:
- Extremely disappointed.FoodyDined on 7/12/2012Very disappointed with what had been a regular meeting spot and parties. Clearly the restaurant did not plan properly for our group of 14 which I confirmed 2 days prior and pre ordered Appys and salads knowing from my experience in the past that this would move things along nicely; particularly since it was a week night and all of our guests traveled from various points in New York and all had to work the next day. It went anything but smoothly. Waiting for food to arrive is just not acceptable when I preordered and got the same thing for both tables. Running to find someone to refill water glasses - not okay - so leave us pitchers and we'll refill ourselves like we did with the wine. The owner was in the house and should have come talk.
- Food over salted Take outEatwellDined on 7/11/2012Food over salted Take out meal of chicken cutlet was pink in center and undercooked It was too late to return meal
- This is a really good restaurant.CindyVIPDined on 7/1/2012This is a really good restaurant. The staff is very attentive to making sure that you are very happy. The food is delicious. It's definitely a thumbs up!!Special Features:
- the meals were excellent (porkecnjDined on 6/30/2012the meals were excellent (pork brasciole and the pasta special)...we sat outside, which was a great treat for a warm summer night. the service was great - very attentive and patient!Special Features:
- The food was great and theCindyVIPDined on 6/17/2012The food was great and the service was great as well. It was Father's Day and it was crowded and they still made it work without waiting and making you feel rushed.Special Features:
- My family & I have been backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012My family & I have been back a couple of times, and the atmosphere is great. Very busy, and calling ahead for a reservation is always a plus. Food has always been spot on, everything feels freshly made. Atmosphere is great, we have sat in the back and in the front porch, both times have been enjoyable. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- This restaurant was givenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012This restaurant was given to me by a vendor of mine. I was very satisfied with the service, food, and friendly atmosphere and attention to the details I requested. Great choice for those wanting good food, service and personal attention without totally emtying your wallet.Special Features:
- Great wait staff - Nancy I1DiningDivaVIPDined on 6/3/2012Great wait staff - Nancy I think. But it was a slow (Sunday) night and the support staff started to break down the tables in front of us while we were eating, one of the support staff poured wine into my husband's glass of beer and although the manager apologized it felt pro forma. Food was okay but not excellent.
- I had fairly high expectationsFPNJReview1Dined on 5/27/2012I had fairly high expectations based on the reviews but was disappointed overall. On a positive note the restaurant is kid friendly with plenty of choices for kids and the decor was very pleasant. The food was average at best. Very generic red sauce spaghetti and meatballs for the kids and a pretty tough osso bucco special was the fare. The pizza and salads were good but nothing to write home about. Service started off great. There was a large staff and they several bus people were asking to clear plates - even ones that were full. The waitress disappeared after the entrees were served. This was my first visit and I'd be willing to give another try but with all of the other options in the area it will be a while before heading back.Special Features:
- Anna's is always our BYO pick.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/26/2012Anna's is always our BYO pick. The food is very good and there is something for everyone on the menu. The vegetarian spring rolls are my favorite appetizer. Anna's homemade sausage lasagna is amazing. The service is friendly and attententive.Special Features:
- We went for Mother's Day.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/13/2012We went for Mother's Day. It was very pleasant. They gave us a round table that was inside but the entire wall was open to the outside, which was perfect. The food was ok Italian fare. Overall it was a great choice for the occasion.Special Features:
- you get what you pay forOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/6/2012might be ok for a visit with kids, but not for a good dinner. Food was just ok but waitress was really not happy to be there and even pushed my wife aside in order to reach for something. it is fairly inexpensive. elderly couple next to us had difficulties with a slippery floor (due to spil from kids that sat there before), but had to talk for a while to get another tableSpecial Features:
- Never disappointed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2012Never disappointed with the food choices we make. But there is quite a bit of noise so dinner conversation is a challenge at times. Food and service outweigh that. We are going back next week. Love that it's a BYOB.Special Features:
- A very good casual neighborhoodGoadadVIPDined on 4/21/2012A very good casual neighborhood restaurant with very good food. Friendly owner and staff make it a pleasure. Dinner was very good and without pretense.Special Features:
- You should train your waitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2012You should train your wait staff not to hover over the tables. They were taking away dishes as you were finishing your last bite.Special Features:
- Overall good experience. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/19/2012Overall good experience. Service is better when Sunil is there.Special Features:
- I've been to Anna's 4 timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2012I've been to Anna's 4 times in past 6 months. The food is excellent and staff is friendly and attentive. You can bring the kids or just go with the adults. It's very versatile. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Food was great . The serviceNYCfoodVIPDined on 4/3/2012Food was great . The service was poor considering there was hardly anyone in the restaurant.
- This restaurant retains theNJDinerDined on 3/24/2012This restaurant retains the same awkward set up as Brix had. Menu is broad but focused enough that you can find good staples and some new things. Food was pretty good and the service was also good. It's crowded so that should say something. Always love a BYO!