Anna's Asian Grill and Sushi Bar
1804-06 W Irving Park Rd
Chicago, IL 60613Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Anna's Asian Grill and Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.annasasiangrill.com/
- Phone: 7739753404
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am-10:00pm , Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Anna's Asian Grill and Sushi Bar
When you visit ANNA'S, you'll experience the authentic home cooking that Chef Noy and owner Anna Makmok (mother and daughter!) have enjoyed all their lives. Their inventive, expansive and affordable menu features the cuisines of Thailand, Japan, Korea, India, Laos and beyond. Start with something crispy - like Japanese stuffed avocodo or tempura, Thai chicken wings or Indian samosa. Perhaps a Japanese pork kabob or Peking duck bun is more to your liking. Saigon and Bangkok rolls, miso, Tom Yum or Mama Ginger soup plus a salad will round out your first course. For a main dish, try Mongolian steak or chicken, ginger scallops, or Laotian curry noodles. ANNA'S original sushi items are much in demand and include Chef's Signature dishes and nearly 30 varieties of makimono! Or you can choose by the piece and design your own dinner from the sushi bar. ANNA'S boasts three beautiful dining areas - the Mirror Room, the Circle Room and the more intimate Fireside Room. See you at ANNA'S!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Anna's Asian Grill and Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)great for outdoor dining (14)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (5)romantic (4)special occasion (4)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Terrific findChickVIPDined on 9/7/2014Ann'a has a very large menu and we weren't sure that all these different items could be that good, but what we had was. We did have the fried avocado and the batter was light. Enjoyed it. Also had Pad Thai, Laos curry which was light and not heavy with curry. Sushi roll that we enjoyed and the duck. Service was excellent, but not crowd on the Sunday night that we went. Easy parking and look forward to going back. It was a bit cool to eat on the outside patio, but would have done so if it was warmer. Look forward to returning and trying different dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good pan asian food3at3rVIPDined on 9/5/2014good food. fast friendly service. pad thai and a lot more, malay and lao dishes too. byob keeps costs down. patio out back too.Special Features:
- I Love Anna'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/10/2014Great owner, great people. Great food. BYOB, you can't beat it.Special Features:
- Great spotKakiVIPDined on 8/2/2014We tasted several dishes on the menu and enjoyed each one. The food is very good the sushi tasted fresh. I highly recommend the deep fried avocado stuffed with crab. Very unusual and delicious! We ate outside which was very pleasant and very comfortable. Our server was excellent. Definitely would go back.Special Features:
- Great findJennuschkaDined on 7/25/2014We enjoyed sushi and the fried avocado very much. BYOB with no cork fee. Really good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sooo good!Erine78Dined on 7/17/2014My husband, brother, and myself had dinner here last Thursday. The staff was very friendly and well informed about the menu. The menu itself was diverse...something for everyone. And the food...wow! So good! The deep fried avocado was amazing! Also, the other rolls and apps we ordered were exceptional. I definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Celebrationsannette720Dined on 7/12/2014We celebrated my husband's new job with dinner here. The food and service were very good and the BYOB can't be beat. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi aroundRVD1VIPDined on 7/12/2014This is a great addition to the area. Ever since Kaze closed we've been looking for a similar Sushi experience. Rise, Tank, Coast, plenty of good options out there, but nothing that really compared to Kaze, until now. From the outside you would not expect great things, but ambiance inside is quite elegant and the menu is extraordinary. Additionally, the service is very attentive and informative (we took the recommendation for the tempura avocado - awesome!) and the location has easy parking and is right next to the L.Special Features:
- Neighborhood FindChicagoDined on 6/28/2014A group of six of us went to Anna's, and we were all unfamiliar with it despite living in the neighborhood. While underwhelming from the outside, it is very pleasant on the inside. Then we started ordering a number of appetizer. Soups. salads and hot and cold appetizers. One was better than the next. We then ordered entrees which were phenomenal. The sushi and the Laotian noodles were especially delicious. The wait staff was very attentive, incredibly helpful with suggestions, and helped a diner with allergies navigate the menu. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the Anna's Asian Grill and Sushi Bar reviews archive.
- Eat at Anna'sIIJLVIPDined on 5/16/2014The sushi was fresh and well-prepared. Our waiter was attentive and responsive. In addition to sushi, the menu also includes Thai and Chinese food. Since we wanted to eat sushi, we did not try any of the other dishes. However, there will be a return visit in the future to try out other menu options. The food is well priced and based upon the quality represents a good value.Special Features:
- Consistently good food & serviceHanokeDined on 5/13/2014Love this place, in fact have been there twice in one week and both times each person in the group raves about the decor, ambience, delicious food, affordable price, great service and the fact it's byob. My husband and I usually go to the sister location in the West Loop. I have to admit that location is much harder to always get in and parking can be difficult but this location there is usually plenty of street parking & I haven't had a problem getting a table for the number and time I want. Also for public transit users it's coincidently located right next to the brown line. I love the variety. The best appetizer in my opinion is the fried advocado -yum!! Love there Thai dishes & sushi menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, modest decorBradDined on 5/11/2014The entrance to Anna's may cause you to turn around, but once inside you are rewarded with a pleasant setting and excellent food. The menu is extensive and there is something for everyone. Even the deserts were tasty. We had a group of 6, and everyone left with the same sense of satisfaction and ready to return another day to try new dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food and service!FromPragueWithLoveDined on 5/3/2014Incospicuous on the outside. Once we entered, we started to love it at first side. Cosy ambience, REALLY nice and friendly service and ahhhhhh that delicious cuisine. You have the have the soft shell crab and the delicious apetizer trio. Duck curry is simply fabulous as well as spicy korean calamari. Thumbs up! Next time we bring also our friends with us!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceMeLikeFoodDined on 4/26/2014We ordered a variety of things off the menu with a group of 8. Every one of us liked our food. Everything was delicious and the hostess/servers were extremely attentive and polite. Will definitely go back, great curry, great duck, great appetizers!Special Features:
- Disappointing Pan-AsianDonostiVzlanDined on 4/18/2014We went there for dinner a couple of nights ago. It is far from downtown Chicago in a neighborhood that is not very appealing. They do not have an alcohol license, so you must bring your own wine. The food was normal to fair, nothing was outstanding. The stuffed avocado was O.K. But the tilapia was not good at all, it was a deep fried greasy fish soak in extremely sugary sauce. On the whole they use too much sugar and very few spices. Quite disappointing.
- David's passion for the menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/4/2014David's passion for the menu is infectious, and no one takes better care of guests than he does. A great experience every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unusual items3at3rVIPDined on 4/4/2014love the unusual pan asian offerings on the menu malaysian indonesian as well as the old favorites like thai and japanese something for everyone and there is fresh beer around the corner thus is a BYOB placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the city's best kept secretsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2014Tucked away in North Center neighborhood. The food is excellent and the presentation is also unique in many cases. The Tokyo roll is a great example and tastes even better than it looks. Dave takes care of all his customers and makes is want to come back again and again. I tell everyone I know about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still goodkd8rVIPDined on 3/28/2014Tried a few more classic dishes this time and they were very good but not outstanding like a lot of the specialty dishes here. It has a nice feel and very friendly. Clearly becoming a favorite of mineSpecial Features:
- Yumkd8rVIPDined on 3/22/2014Really enjoyed Anna's Asian. The staff was friendly, casual but pleasant space and delicious foodSpecial Features:
- The menu is enormous - itglovesmVIPDined on 3/7/2014The menu is enormous - it took some time to read through all of it. The small plates were really good and the entrees so so. The stuffed avocado was delicious, but make sure to eat some sauce with the avocado as the sauce was a bit spicy for me. Next time around, I would just get the small plates. The sauce on the sea scallop with bacon was scrumptious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome to the neighborhood!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/22/2014The old Café 28 space has been filled with a great new restaurant. The menu is extensive, covering almost every genre of Asian food. David, the owner, instantly welcomed me and spent a lot of time explaining the menu. You can tell he is passionate about making this restaurant your home for the short while you spend there. We enjoyed everything we tried, but the fried avocado stood out as totally memorable. Well done food, great service, and BYOB. We will be back.Special Features:
- Such a great findDateNightDined on 1/24/2014The food was amazing and the service was great. This is a BYOB restaurant and if you didn't know that going in, that is okay because there is a liquor store across the street! Go there, it is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A truly great new additionOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/5/2014A truly great new addition to the neighborhood, with remarkable service and a fun, eclectic menu that runs on and on and on...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time back was great!NanBDined on 1/5/2014Being so enthused after our first visit, we came back with some friends, Asian friends who are very knowledgeable and particular about Asian food, and two of them are good cooks as well. They loved it! We had two of the "signature' dishes again, the Stuffed Avocado and the Sake Baby Ribs. The ribs are perfectly moist and tender and the sauce perfectly enhances the meat without burying the meat. 3 of our party enjoyed the Volcano Soup, One had the Tom Yum and said it was excellent. All of us liked the Laotian noodle dish and one of our party, a major Foodie and good cook, said it was awesome. David could not have been more attentive and helpful with recommendations, and warmly entertaining! Great evening! We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi / Asian on the NorthsideDDubsVIPDined on 1/3/2014You won't find better quality and service from David and his crew in this Asian gem! The stuffed avocado and the super white nigiri with truffle oil will melt your soul. Order the whole snapper in advance for a Korean BBQ treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good addition to the neighborhoodspotschicagoDined on 1/1/2014Don't know how I missed this place for 6 months! Went with a small group of people and there was something for everyone on the menu as we all have varied tastes. Everyone enjoyed their entrees and we split quite a few appetizers and one dessert (Black Pearl?). No complaints from anyone. To top it off, it's BYOB and therefore very budget friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely coming back!NanBDined on 12/12/2013This is definitely a neighborhood gem, easy to miss under the "L". The ambiance is soft, warm and comfortable, understated elegance. Extensive menu with wide selection of Thai, Fusion and other Asian dishes. Service could not have been better, extremely attentive with considerate recommendations and offers to prepare to please. Food was very fresh and good quality, expertly & creatively prepared, and beautifully presented. We'll be going back again, very soon, and bringing some friends as we did last time. There is great attention to detail in everything this family and their staff do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.