Anna's Asian Bistro
813 W Lake Street
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Anna's Asian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.annasbistro.com/
- Phone: 3127338095
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday to Sunday : 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 4:00pm to 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai French, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Noy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
- Catering: ANNA"S currently enjoys a brisk catering business and is booked well in advance. For more information call Anna Makmok.
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties in groups of 20 to 75 are welcome. ANNA's requests that arrangements for parties be made at least 30 days in advance of the required date. Call Anna Makmok for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Makmok 3127338095
A word from Anna's Asian Bistro
When you visit ANNA'S, you'll experience the authentic home cooking that Chef Noy and owner Anna Makmok (mother and daughter!) have enjoyed all their lives. Their inventive, expansive and affordable menu features the cuisines of Thailand, Japan, Korea, India, Laos and beyond. Start with something crispy - like Japanese stuffed avocodo or tempura, Thai chicken wings or Indian samosa. Perhaps a Japanese pork kabob or Peking duck bun is more to your liking. Saigon and Bangkok rolls, miso, Tom Yum or Mama Ginger soup plus a salad will round out your first course. For a main dish, try Mongolian steak or chicken, ginger scallops, or Laotian curry noodles. ANNA'S original sushi items are much in demand and include Chef's Signature dishes and nearly 30 varieties of makimono! Or you can choose by the piece and design your own dinner from the sushi bar. ANNA'S boasts three beautiful dining areas - the Mirror Room, the Circle Room and the more intimate Fireside Room. See you at ANNA'S!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSushi
Anna's Asian Bistro - Best Restaurants in West Loop ›
Anna's Asian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (6)romantic (4)special occasion (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great food, bad servicemnatc29Dined on 8/29/2014The food was fantastic, but the service was exceedingly slow. At one point, a couple was seated at the table next to us, but after that they waited so long for a server to show up, they finally just got up and walked out. I don't think that the waitstaff even noticed until they went to seat someone else at that table and had to remove the water glasses that the previous couple had left behind. The food itself was great, so we'd only recommend the food itself. Would definitely get it to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, although noisyAubiefanDined on 8/15/2014We went here as a couple on a casual date, and overall had a great experience. The menu has tons of options for both vegetarians and carnivores, and for both sushi and non-sushi eaters. It's BYOB, which saves money, and the portions are generous. It is a definite win for food. Our only complaint was that the tables for two were crammed extremely close together, and they concentrated everyone in one small section of the restaurant, so it was overwhelmingly noisy and impossible not to feel inundated by the conversations around you.Special Features:
- must try the lettuce wrapsCarlaVZVIPDined on 7/18/2014it is amazingly hard to find great asian food in chicago, and Anna's is the best I have found so far! The grilled chicken with lime over rice was amazing, as were the baby egg rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceMangiVIPDined on 7/15/2014Loved the food and service. Not crazy about location, but this one is closing soon so no issue. Looking forward to trying the location at Irving Park Rd and Ravenswood Ave!Special Features:
- Friendly and accommodating staffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/1/2014I will definitely go back. Creative blend of items to choose from.Special Features:
- Good food. Service-meh?sievegirlDined on 6/28/2014My hubby and I went in on a Saturday night at 7:45. It was really hot and their AC was out so there were fans everywhere. Once we got seated we got menus right away, but ended up waiting (and waiting) for our server to take our order. We went through a beer (BYOB) a piece before the server came. Once she took our order, the food came quickly. There was a private room where a bday party was going on so i think that had something to do with it. Food was good and reasonably priced. Service was slow. Would go again though and maybe do carryout too. I believe in second chances...sometimes.....
- BYOBDetteDined on 6/17/2014Going to the City Winery? Dine at Anna's Bistro first! It's within walking distance, if is a BYOB and the food is very good. Try the cucumber salad, duck buns and Barbeque ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi!ChristinaVIPDined on 6/7/2014I'm very impressed with their sushi, and it's always great to find a good BYOB. I would definitely recommend the Geisha and Tango rolls. So good!Special Features:
- Great for after workkd8rVIPDined on 5/27/2014Met a friend here and had a lovely dinner. The sushi was fresh and yummy, the avacado/tuna deep fried things also very tasty. Thanks Anna's
- The following 146 reviews are from the Anna's Asian Bistro reviews archive.
- Fantastic Once Again!DannyBVIPDined on 5/16/2014Anna's is a favorite of mine. The food is amazing, and the staff is very helpful and very friendly. I've had a wonderful experience each time I've been for dinner.Special Features:
- Charming Asian BistroJanetVIPDined on 5/14/2014Anna's is a restaurant that I frequent. My most recent experience was a ladies night out for four friends. The service is impeccable. The servers are informed and give great recommendations. The whole place gives off a comfortable, homey, charming atmosphere. The food is so delicious. The various types of Asian cuisine are all stellar. While I usually stick with the sushi/sashimi offerings, the other Asian food is just as fresh, thoughtfully prepared and unique. The fact that it is a BYO without corkage is an incredible plus. We all had a lot of food and the pricing is so reasonable. Love this restaurant - lunch or dinner - its a great find.Special Features:
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/1/2014The sushi came out after the main course when we said to bring it out first.
- Whistle BlowerAzzawaDined on 4/26/2014We had a really nice dinner at Anna's on Saturday The food was great and the service at the table was good. There was a group of Eighteen 25 years old girls that were very loud and not appropriate and my table mate and I could not talk to each other for the first 40 minutes But then the girls left. I would have called them women but the fact that they were constantly blowing whistles stops me. In defense of the girls, they were the best dressed patrons when compared to everyone else in the restruarant (including me and my guest). The manager didn't do anything about the loudness even though we complained. He just stood there. I thought for sure the blowing whistles would have motavated him but no luck.
- leah6VIPDined on 4/18/2014Unfortunately, the new manager asked our table to leave. We had just finished eating and ordered dessert for a birthday. We had not even received our check yet. He apologized as we were leaving but the five of us agreed that it was one of the rudest experiences at a restaurant. They had a party in the back room so were very busy. We were not lingering and had just finished eating. The manager apologized as we were leaving and said it was his first day. He said he would tell Anna and she would call. I have not heard from her. I have loved this restaurant in the past. The server and food were both great.
- Our dinner club has neverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Our dinner club has never been to Anna's and we enjoyed the food and had a great time. The beef and cilatro salad was amazing! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising findOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/12/2014Anna's Asian Bistro is a lovely find on an otherwise empty block. Terrific sushi also amazing menu with several alternative options. Delicious! Gracious service. Will return routinely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BYOBleah6VIPDined on 3/22/2014Recommend BYOB if you want beer or wine. Food was fresh and prepared carefully.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodADNaperVIPDined on 2/22/2014Anna does a terrific job with her Asian fusion food. I say "fusion" because it's a number of various Asian foods; not one type. I love the Volcano soup and everything on the menu is great. It's BYO so the price stays low. They open the wine and even give you an ice bucket for the white wine. Very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good asian foodfoodieVIPDined on 2/21/2014food was pretty good. some of the entrees were par - nothing special. but their appetizers and desserts are great. unique & delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and cozyChicagovegetarianDined on 2/16/2014This place may not seem like much on the outside but inside the ambiance is very nice. My friends and I ordered a few dishes to share. I'm a vegetarian so I opted out on the meat dishes. They loved the stuffed avocado. I had the sweet potato tempura, spicy basil rice with tofu and drunken noodles with tofu which were all great. Usually vegetarian sushis are plain but the sweet potato tempura was packed with flavor! The ice cream they served was delicious as well. The service was a little slow but otherwise it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not interested in trying again.DaChonDined on 2/14/2014Place was nice and clean. However we went on Valentines evening. What was unannounced to us was a fixed menu at a set price. The service was incredibly slow due to not having enough wait staff to service tables in a timely manner. We waited over and hour just to get the first course of a 3 course meal from a fixed menu. This was not my idea of a good time at a restaurant I have never been. We just wanted to leave after the first hour and a half. Nice place but I am sure I missed the best of what this place could have been. Unfortunately with all the places to enjoy in Chicago I will be hard pressed to return to this restaurant.
- great as usual!foodie4567VIPDined on 2/8/2014My boyfriend and I come here at least once a week. They have some of the freshest, most reasonably-priced nigiri in Chicago. Great ambiance for a date and its no-fee BYOB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ByobChigalVIPDined on 1/10/2014Anna's is our favorite spot for a cozy date night or a fun dinner with a big group of friends. The food is incredible, and you can't beat a BYOB for value. Typically, fusion can mean doing many things but none of them well, but Anna's is the exception to the rule. They have killer sushi, wonderful curries, and even delightful Indian samosas. Anna the owner is always there with a smile and always takes great care of us. A must try just a block off Randolph street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never missed yet.RUPNOKVIPDined on 1/10/2014Not much from the outside, but great inside. Tried sushi, Thai, Vietnamese and have loved it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had heard of Anna's butBlondieDined on 12/28/2013We had heard of Anna's but only just tried it on Saturday. (We have traveled extensively through Asia and had yet to find the same Asian flavors in Chicago) First impression was a bit bright and " take-away " in feeling, but we found a table in the back and enjoyed some very special dishes. The stuffed avocado appetizer and seared tuna were amazing. Cashew chicken and duck a must. It's great flavors, fresh cuisine and BYO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BYOB. Grrat food.RUPNOKVIPDined on 12/27/2013Haven't had a meal we haven't enjoyed here. Pan Asian menu. Tried multiple dishes. Love the Laotian noodles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYOBnatcatVIPDined on 12/6/2013this place is great for groups and a fun BYOB night on the weekends. the food is great, really a hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was very pleased with theKK3838Dined on 11/23/2013I was very pleased with the service. I showed up with 2 more people, and they were very accommodating knowing the fact that the placed was full. The stuffed avocado is a MUST have! It was so good! I will definitely go back to Anna's Asia Bistro soon.Special Features:
- Still In LoveJRoseDined on 11/21/2013This remains my absolute favorite restaurant in Chicago. I've brought a few people to Anna's now and they've loved it too. The ambiance is perfect, just the right mix between casual and fancy. It really works for any occasion. And everything I've had there has been absolutely delicious. I personally love the stuffed avocado and roasted sweet chili chicken, but my Dad ordered something else last time we went that might have been even better. Never had a bad dish there!Special Features:
- Always a hit...chifoodloverDined on 11/12/2013Food is always delicious. Cannot miss the stuffed avocado! Large menu makes it had to choose an item but have never been disappointed with anything I've ordered here. Also BULB, so you have to love that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entree served cold and wasFoodieVIPDined on 11/10/2013Entree served cold and was a very small portion The server never checked back, we had to find her to get the billI would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gemcb6387Dined on 10/24/2013A little bit off the beaten path, it doesn't look spectacular from the outside, but once you get inside it is very pleasant and has a good atmosphere. There was a man playing guitar on the night we were there which was nice. The good was very good, a little bit less expensive than comparable restaurants. I would definitely come back here again for sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service. The waiterSLMRDined on 10/12/2013Terrible service. The waiter looked around at the two large parties at the restaurant every time he came by out table. While the food was good, the terrible service was embarrassing as it was plan as a dinner to meet old friends.
- the server was great but aarunVIPDined on 10/12/2013the server was great but a misunderstanding left one entree to be delivered after we had started with the others.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2013Some of the best standard sushi rolls in the city! Super fresh fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Anna'sLP21VIPDined on 9/27/2013Love Anna's, go there frequently. Food is excellent, it's BYOB, and it's a trendy, fun atmosphere. This time the waitress forgot half of my friend's food until the meal was almost over (it was her edamame and rice and the waitress gave it to her to go and didn't give a discount or anything). Have not had an experience like that before though, and all around still love Anna's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for money!LT999Dined on 9/21/2013We went to Anna's Asian Bistro for our anniversary and were not disappointed. We ordered the sushi and really liked many of their specialty rolls. As sushi can be expesive, it was great that this was a BYOB. We will definitely return:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!NomNomDined on 9/17/2013After living abroad, we returned to Chicago and went in search of authentic Asian cuisine. We were delighted with Anna's. The food was delicious, especially the Pink Passion sushi and the avocado tempura. Since it is BYOB it allows you to manage your costs more. More people kept arriving throughout the night, showing how this place has a great reputation. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great staff great nightSeekinggreatfoodDined on 9/17/2013Pleasantly surprised. Great food, staff and ambience. Prices and portions are aligned so you feel satisfied on many levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Score!kookoocachooDined on 9/7/2013We were visiting Chicago and found this place well-priced and well-reviewed on Open Table. They are just on the outskirts of the neighborhood so we were a little unsure about the location, but it worked out. Close to the metro, but just not a whole lot going on right around there. Love the BYOB aspect. We were not prepared, but had extra time before our reservations. The hostess suggested we walk down to Dominick's a few blocks away to buy wine. The food was amazing. We had the apple salad as an appetizer. Simple but oh-so-delicious. Our entrees were the Malaysian Curry Chicken and the Yah Yah Noodles. Both were fantastic. The service was courteous and sufficient, but not chatty. I would be happy to dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.