71518 Chestnut St
Covington, LA 70433Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.annadeles.com/
- Phone: 9858097669
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm Lunch: Thursday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Creole
- Executive Chef: Ronald Bonnette
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is available for business or pleasure, large or small we will help you coordinate the details.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Mealer 9858097669
- Special Events: To schedule your event, please contact Special Events Coordinator Julie Mealer.
A word from Annadele's Plantation
Annadele's Plantation is the premiere setting for your fine dining experience on the North Shore. We feature delectable Creole specialties to delight the most discriminating palate. Our historic location can immediately transport you to a more serene time. Annadele's enchanting dining rooms each boasts their own enticing personality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Annadele's Plantation - Best Restaurants in Northshore ›
Annadele's Plantation reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)romantic (23)good for groups (12)great for brunch (10)fit for foodies (10)scenic view (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Always Outstanding!MaddiGuyDined on 10/8/2014Denise was our server and she was (as always) charming, witty, helpful and friendly. The food was well prepared and presented in a very enjoyable manner. Annadele's is one of our favorite places for a quiet dinner and for celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dining experienceMarkDined on 10/5/2014We found Annadele's on Open Table and went there for our anniversary. We really enjoyed the restaurant, the service and food were great. A definite neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 10/4/2014A very nice evening of relaxed dining, the noise level is low so it was easy to have a conversation. Diverse menu selections and even some healthy options which was a pleasant and tasty surprise. Lovely dining room. Service was prompt but not rushed. I would definitely recommend Annadele's for a relaxed evening out or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingchuckDined on 9/25/2014We had a party of six, waiter was terrific, but the Food was awesome, each dish was better than the last one.Special Features:
- ConsistencyLARefDined on 9/13/2014As always, great food presented well, and delicious. Wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience45yearcoupleDined on 9/6/2014The food creations are unusual and well executed variations of local favorites. I particularly recommend the Savory Cheese Cake which is a seafood delight. The chef seems to have a fantastic imagination driving his creativity. This was our first time there and won't be the last.Special Features:
- Superb all the way around!SteakLoveDined on 8/28/2014The food was excellent, the "cheesecake appetizer" was amazing. Great environment for business lunch as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodPattyJoe2Dined on 8/24/2014Excellent service., Food was tasty but visually not attractive. Good wine list, good house wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was deliciousBamafansDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I enjoyed our food immensely. The chef was very friendly and was always making sure everything was to our liking. Would love to come visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but...NshoreVIPDined on 8/17/2014Sunday brunch at Annadele's was an experience that earns a mixed review. While the food was very good, the service was lousy. After my party of six were seated by the hostess, we waited 25 minutes before any orders were taken, including drink order. This occurred only after I left my table to find the hostess. Once order was taken, we again waited a long period of time for appetizers. By the time appetizers were served, we had been seated for an hour. The best part is the fact that when the bill arrived two hours after we arrived, the gratuity was already added in, which seems odd for a party of only six. Overall, very unimpressed.
- Excellent food and serviceWARMEDined on 8/14/2014This is a very nice place to have a special dinner or just dinner any time. We dined early on a Thurs night and enjoyed the peace and quiet. Food was excellent and entree servings were very generous. Our waitress was attentive but allowed us to take our time with ordering and with each course. A very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable, butHeftyGuyDined on 8/10/2014Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. Unfortunately, we went specifically for the advertised specials and was told they were completely out of one special and only had 3 left of the other entree special. Since we had travelled 30 miles to get there this was quite disappointing. However the regular Brunch menu was quite good and I would certainly go again after checking to see if the specials are still available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous BrunchCajunSamDined on 8/10/2014We had dined at Annadelle's previously, but never for Sunday Brunch. We were not disappointed. They had a wide spectrum of the traditional dishes combined with specials for the weekend. All we had reflected great care by the kitchen and was served by a top notch waiter. Strongly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Took my wife for our anniversary. Staff was friendly and food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once morePapavicDined on 8/1/2014Annadele's is always a great place to dine, no matter what the reason. The service is impeccable and the food is always a delight to the palate. And the scotch is good too.Special Features:
- Incredible MealMikeWDined on 7/31/2014If you want fabulous food, fine service, and a beautiful setting you should try Annadeles Plantation. The savory cheesecake and turtle soup are every bit as good as other reviewers have said.Special Features:
- jrjrVIPDined on 7/30/2014As always...everyhting was exceptional: food, service, ambience, friendliness......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annadele's Review - July 2014MetairieCoupleDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I spent a couple of nights in the plantation for our anniversary and greatly enjoyed our stay and our dining experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't pass this up.DollarlockDined on 7/20/2014Our GPS directed us here our first visit for Sunday brunch. The greeter eyed us up and down and inquired about reservations. I chuckled and replied that we didn't but were just looking for a place to eat. She informed us that it would be up to 10 minutes. We were provided seating within 5 minutes. What a stroke of luck! This place is fabulous! The food was outstanding, and once you get past the greeter, the service is candid, informative and offers genuine southern hospitality. We returned for Sunday brunch a couple of weeks later (with reservations) with a party of six. We said our name and were seated immediately. Again, the service and food were outstanding. They host wedding parties and offer a B&B as well. Highest recommendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent serviceLARefDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I ate here for the first time and enjoyed it. The dining room was not overflowing for a Saturday night, but a good crowd, anyway. After being seated, water was brought over and cocktails ordered. Our server, Denise, was excellent. Very attentive throughout the meal. Went over the menu and specials with personal recommendations and details on how the chef prepared some items, e.g. flash fried spinach. Appetizers, soups and salads were wonderful. Entrees were delicious and plentiful. We skipped dessert as we were so full, but plan on returning and leaving room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 194 reviews are from the Annadele's Plantation reviews archive.
- Excellent Father's Day Celebration!NOLAGirlDined on 6/15/2014I've been wanting to try this place for while and thought it would fun to go on Father's Day. I was a bit disappointed that they had a set menu with no brunch items like the menu on their website. The menu looked very good though. The savory cheesecake was right out of heaven. LOVED. The crab cake was good too. We both got the filet and it was perfectly cooked and delicious. I would say it was one of the best steaks we have had in a while (and we tend to eat it quite a bit).The sides were good and perfectly portion (not too much, not too little). Dessert was really good as well! We took our 4 year old daughter and I would say for brunch / lunch it's fine to take kids. The dining room we were in was beautiful!!! Ryan, our server was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience2B4meDined on 6/8/2014Went there for my parent's 60th anniversary. Our waitress (Densie) was wonderful. She treated us prefectly. Food was great.Special Features:
- Wonderful!Lucky579Dined on 6/8/2014My daughter and my husband and I went to Annadel's Plantation for Brunch before my daughter drove back to Madison, Alabama. We each had something different. My husband had the Trout Meniere and I had the Redfish Hopedale. My daughter had a wonderful Soft Shell Crab. The Brunch could not have been better. Each of us were very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!LeftyMHVIPDined on 5/31/2014Although the competition is very strong in fine dining restaurants on the Northshore with probably at least 8 or 10 restaurants that rival the fine dining restaurants in New Orleans, Annadele's is in the top two or three. Wonderful food and service you can count on. Denise is likely the best wait person in the area, and she always adds joy to the dining experience. I don't understand why the restaurant is not packed to the brim every night but it is so pleasant that it isn't noisy and overcrowded. Many of the Chefs on the Northshore learned their trade in the finest New Orleans restaurants so what a great pleasure it is to have them nearby so a long drive in to New Orleans is not necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014The food here is always above the quality of others as well as the service. Mark was very attentive and has a wonderful personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceNewOrleansTransplantsDined on 5/15/2014Waiters were very helpful, knowledgeable and courteous. They always made sure your drunks were filled, food was perfect and empty plates were removed. I had the crab au gratin, it was excellent, creamy and the crab meat was large. I would order it again! We will be visiting This place often when we travel to New Orleans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MOTHERS DAYMandavegasDined on 5/11/2014We had been there before but went back for Mothers day.. The food was great and the kids had a great time with the old plantation house ..Special Features:
- Happiness for A Happy Mother's DayHappyMomequalsHappyDadDined on 5/11/2014We made a reservation for my wife's first Mother's Day. Of course a spirited one year old was joining us. Ultimately we had a very at attentative wait staff and a great experience. The food was wonderful and overall it was a great experience. It is likely that we will not wait a year for the next Mother's Day to roll around, but instead we will likely make this a more routine Sunday experience.Special Features:
- True southern charmPonchatoulaResidentDined on 4/23/2014Excellent service on a quiet weeknight. I would expect a little more hustle, bustle on a Friday or Saturday evening. Waitress was well skilled and quick with recommendations when asked about wine, appetizer, entree or dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great short getawayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Fell in love with this place. Will definitely return. Accommodations were outstanding. Host and hostess very welcoming. Waiter and chef outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic dinner!worldtravelerDined on 4/18/2014We found this restaurant on Opentable. At first we were kind of concerned because the restaurant is in a B&B and we weren't staying there, but then all of the reviews were from locals who said they go there all the time for special occasions. They all said their waitress Denise was amazing, which she was! She spoke a little loudly, considering we were one of only 4 couples there, but it would have been okay if there were more people there. The food was AMAZING. We got the fried green tomatoes with crab appetizer, and for dinner I got the crab imperial, and my husband got the filet. It was delicious! It's a small dining room, but it definitely is a charming place with excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperiencekermandtamDined on 4/4/2014We were staying in Covington and happened to find Annadele's on Trip Advisor and Urban Spoon and saw it was highly recommended. So we made a reservation and were very pleased we did. The ambience is perfect for a intimate evening. Our server, Denise, was extremely friendly and knowledgeable of all the items on the menu, as well as the specials. The food was impeccable...we had the cheesecake appetizer, and the Surf and Turf and Ponchatrain fish, for our entrees. My only disappointment was that we did not have room for dessert, because they sounded delicious! Next time we will hold back on eating so much of the homemade bread so maybe we can have room for dessert. I think we are planning a trip back just so we can go to Annadele's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creole Creme de la CremeTexaninLADined on 3/29/2014Outstanding menu, very attentive staff and the food is spectacular. Appetizers, main courses and deserts were all outstanding. The soup special (shrimp and brie blend) was so smooth and tasty; outstanding. The veal dish was outstanding and the crème brulee was incredible. Nice job with all the dishes. Very nice setting. I'm from Houston and have dined in many of Houston's finest, and Annadele's menu, food and service can stand up to many of Houston's best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Very NiceSteveAndPatsyDined on 3/22/2014We go to Annadele's fairly frequently. It is the best nice restaurant in the area. Last night was our anniversary and I wanted to have a special, meal in a quiet setting. It was great. Food prepared just right and our waiter was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Northshore DiningCotton1831Dined on 3/15/2014While I was dining alone, I appreciate being offered a table instead of eating at the bar. The service was excellent, turtle soup was great, the suggested entree was good, and the breaded pudding and coffee were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemguideDined on 3/12/2014Celebrated a friend's birthday, who had never been to Annadele's before, with a wonderful dinner. I was impressed with the uniqueness of the food, excellent service, & reasonable prices! Our server, Denise, made it all special with a surprise dessert for the birthday girl :) Can't wait to have another opportunity to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Triple birthday dinnerTxwinegirlDined on 3/1/2014We went to dinner celebrating three birthdays, mine, and both of my sons. There were six of us and each one of us chose a different entrée. Not one of us was in any way disappointed. I personally had a cup of duck and Andouille gumbo and it was divine. I would go back just for that. Most of our entrées were specials as was the gumbo but we would be willing to try anything else on the menu. Hat tip to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress Denise was fantastic!!AjboDined on 3/1/2014Our waitress Denise was fantastic!!!! Can't say enough about the food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014We love our waitress Denise. She was awesome. The food was awesome. The Price was also very good for the amount you got. The soup trio and beet salad were great and different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad I found this placeNewtoareaDined on 2/20/2014I brought my mom to eat here and the food was wonderful. The turtle soup was perfect! The atmosphere was nice. There are many Good menu options to choose from. We will definitly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.