Annabelle's Bar & Bistro
68 Fourth Street
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Annabelle's Bar & Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.annabelles.net/
- Phone: 4157771200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily, 11:30am-2:45pm;Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm-10:30pm, Friday-Saturday: 5:30pm-11:00pm; Dinner menu available in bar until 12:00 am; We offer happy hour; 3:00pm-6:00pm , with food and drink specials.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Matthew Metcalf
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The Bar offers Sports Television Broadcasting.
A word from Annabelle's Bar & Bistro
Conveniently located downtown between Union Square and The Moscone Center. Serving California cuisine with a focus on local, organic, sustainably raised ingredients.. Dating back to the early 1900's, our spacious dining room is warm and inviting with high ceilings and ornate columns. Our goal is to achieve an element of comfort; a relaxed yet lively atmosphere combined with great food, friendly and efficient service at a reasonable price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Annabelle's Bar & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (17)fit for foodies (13)vibrant bar scene (11)good for groups (11)romantic (9)notable wine list (9)special occasion (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- A little bit of everythingJenniferDDined on 10/11/2014There was something for everyone on this menu. We had a table of 10 and it was enjoyed by all.Special Features:
- Well located and quality foodinhousemarkVIPDined on 10/10/2014I needed a place near the Marriott on 4th street to meet an elderly relative and her family who were staying at the hotel and Annabelles hit the spot. They gave us a secluded table near the rear (unfortunately it was near the kitchen but what can you do; it was quieter there) and the food and service were wonderful. All 8 of us were pleased with the choice.Special Features:
- average food, fair serviceEntertainingClientsDined on 9/28/2014We had a reservation for 5:30, so we went to the bar when we arrived at 5:00. We asked, but the hostess refused to seat us with at 5:00, and again when we asked at 5:15 and 5:25Special Features:
- nice findGraceVIPDined on 9/23/2014It was a pleasure to dine here. the food was very good and service was fast. We enjoyed the quiet room.
- dugboneDined on 9/20/2014The only negative about our experience is that we were seated at the entrance to the private dining area and there was a private party scheduled that night and the traffic was endless and annoying at times, especially when the guests for the private party would mingle near the entrance. Other than this, the experience was a very pleasant one, the service good, and the food was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location mattersOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/4/2014With a planned tour of the Old Mint, we had a very pleasant and tasty lunch at Annabelles, which is practically next door. An old building and a modern menu. The deviled eggs were wonderful.Special Features:
- rgpsledgehammer1234Dined on 8/31/2014It was average food with small portions of rigatoni. Halibut Fish was delicious. caprese was below par. expected better italian food. No grated cheese and had to ask for it. wine list very affordable. Great for late night snack or drinks. Bar was packed and restaurant half full.Special Features:
- Peaceful LunchQuietdinerDined on 8/29/2014The food was good and the room quiet enough for old friends to be able to catch up.Special Features:
- good findhanlonDined on 8/28/2014Annabelle's was recommended to us by a gentleman we met at a pub. It did not disappoint. Great service, interesting menu, nice ambience, good food and great people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & service (limited menu)RandomHumbleLogicVIPDined on 8/18/2014Open until at least 11pm for dinner. The menu is small, but the food is good and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a convient eaterykenmin5VIPDined on 8/17/2014Food was only average and not worth the price. My ribeye was overly seasoned with too much fat.
- vlast minute accommodationsEMG3Dined on 8/15/2014We had to change plans and come up with dinner in San Francisco. Found Annabelle's through OpenTable. The burger looked and was (so I heard) good. I had the vegetable gratin (on the spicy side). Our waiter was great, as well as service - which is a big deal for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JUST DOWN RIGHT FAB!MGMkidDined on 8/13/2014I have become such a fan of Annabelle's Bar & Bistro. Great ambiance, great service and such a friendly staff. I love my waiter that I get every time, Antonio I think is his name. Such a gem and a gentleman and very on point and attentive. The food is FABULOUS! Bar none. This is a great restaurant and a San Francisco jewel. Where else can you get a Sidecar with fresh cherries? Great appetizers and entrees and did I mention the deserts? OMG! It is a must for anyone who loves food and that great old 1920's San Francisco Bistro atmosphere. It is the first place I think of to lunch when I am out shopping. BRAVO.Special Features:
- Could have been better...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014The restaurants overall ambience is vibrant. We enjoyed the Caesar salad and soup of the day. Unfortunately, our main entrées left something to be desired. The rigatoni lacked flavor, and the ribeye was overcooked. This restaurant has a lot of potential, unfortunately we didn't get to see it when we dined there.Special Features:
- Cena cerca de hotel el palomarHafnDined on 7/26/2014Hicimos reservación con días de anticipación, cuando llegamos nos recibieron muy amablemente y nuestra mesa estaba lista, el servicio excelente y la comida muy ricaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BardonianDined on 7/26/2014Outstanding food; somewhat indifferent service. Had dinner and came back later for dessert; host waiter pointed out "for next time" that they don't serve dessert in main dining room, only at the bar. He obviously didn't remember that we had eaten dinner in there earlier in the evening. Kind of ruined the energy level...Special Features:
- DisappointingSHigginsDined on 7/25/2014What can you expect from a restaurant in this tourist zone near the Powell BART Station? Very little, as I've discovered again and again and the food at Annabelle's was no exception. Nice, attentive service didn't make up for mediocre quality.
- Good Bistro - questionable localeBusinessTraveller2VIPDined on 7/22/2014We were looking for another restaurant when we happened by Annabelle's. The neighbourhood is a definite mix of professional meets tourist meets "street life". The facade is deceiving and many in our group said they would have overlooked the place walking by. The menu is limited but the food is well prepared and presented. The staff is a bit under informed, more trendy vibe than professional service , but definitely attentive.Special Features:
- Classy joint & staff, bad steakhappydudeDined on 7/10/2014When it comes to staff, Annabelle's is running on all engines. Top quality all the way. The atmosphere was more grand than its location would have you imagine. The food however was lacking. For a 28 dollars, you should beable to get a good cut of meat on your plate. Mine should never have been put on the grill to begin with. It was a lump of fat. There is a difference between proper marbling and just a bad cut. They should be more conscious of this going forward. There were only 3 good bites on the whole thing. I would still definitely go back. I had a great experience. I'll try something else next time.Special Features:
- Perfect for a business dinnerPICKYVIPDined on 6/26/2014Great place if your in the San Fran Financial District on business. Not quite a destination restaurant, but very nice and close to business. The food was excellent and our client raved about the chopinno and the service was excellent. Nice bar for before the meal, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Entertain ClientsMMTLRDined on 6/26/2014Our Annabelle's lunch experience was wonderful. We brought a Client for lunch during the week. The food was excellent. The bacon wrapped prawns were a table favorite. The staff was very in tune with what the table needed. We were glad that we booked an early table, as the place filled quickly at noon.Special Features:
- Very happyBellaDined on 6/22/2014We totally enjoyed Annabelle's. The food was delicious and the service was great. We had a cute table in the restaurant that overlooked the street. The prices were very reasonable and they gave a great happy hour deal. We would go back.
- The following 641 reviews are from the Annabelle's Bar & Bistro reviews archive.
- Always pleasantGreatVIPDined on 6/20/2014If you are downtown for a movie or museum, you can;t beat a lunch with Annabelle's. The menu is excellent, the wines are tasty but not expensive, and the service is attentive and restrained. On our latest visit for more than a dozen prior, the only note of concern was that all of the female staff were gone. Not clear what this might indicate.Special Features:
- 1 out of 3 is badPablomccVIPDined on 6/16/2014I had a great meal but the two other friends I was with didn't like their food at all. One had pasta and one had fish. Both said their meals were rubbery. The wine list was good. My steak was great.Special Features:
- Too rushed, lets food sitTopConventionMtgPlaceDined on 6/4/2014Waiters are in a total rush to get you in and out. Very annoying. Food was not served fresh and hot, don't order the Haddock since it had some very strange sauce with bland flavor.
- Simply Wonderful.pesceveganVIPDined on 5/23/2014My fiancee and I enjoy being able to relax and enjoy ourselves at Annabelle's from time to time. Wonderful food, great old-time feel with polished attitude. Check it out, you believe will be pleasantly surprised. Cheers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!live2eatDined on 5/21/2014Food was delicious, service impeccable and ambience was very San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumsterlinghawkDined on 5/18/2014Went with couple of co-workers, I had the cioppino and it was good however there was not much there. Co-worker had scallops and he left hungry. Other co-worker had steak, veggie and fries. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner outing...BobtVIPDined on 5/16/2014Found this restaurant on Open Table, across the street from our hotel (Marriott Marquis). Easy to get reservation, yet restaurant was very busy when we arrived. Server was super friendly & professional, but service was a bit spotty, waiting at times for what seemed like quite a while to see the server again. Food was very good! Cioppino, a salad with grilled prawns & pasta with Italian sausage & veggies - we all enjoyed our dishes. We went for dessert & were not disappointed. Sea salt caramel pudding & espresso gelato, plus an Irish coffee were all excellent! Convenience, overall meal quality & general friendliness of Annabelle's staff would make us come back again when we visit SFO.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/11/2014A creative menu, with good options for vegetarians. The mushroom pizza was superb. Very good bar selections. Our server was very helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- Undiscovered gemAfanDined on 5/8/2014Great food & service. Staff (all of them) were friendly and did an outstanding job.Special Features:
- A treasureChristineVIPDined on 4/30/2014Locally grown, sustainable food that is fantastic. Good sized portion but not too much and service that was excellent. I've walked past Annabelle's for a decade thinking it was just another bar south of Market. Boy have I been missing out. The location is great and it's my new favorite. The server was super knowledgeable about how the food was prepared, flexible in changing the dish and a lot of funSpecial Features:
- Gem in San FranDiane707VIPDined on 4/24/2014We were very happy with our meal here and the ambienceSpecial Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014I've been to Annabelle's a few times before when I visited San Francisco on business and was looking forward to enjoying their cioppino again. Unfortunately, the calimari and shrimp in the dish were overcooked, as was the fried calimari my dining companion and I shared as an appetizer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for Market St venuesbestnancyVIPDined on 4/10/2014Finally have my go-to spot for pre-Orpheum or Warfield shows. Terrific service, delicious food and drinks and all within quick walk of parking and theaters. Cosmo lovers need to try their Centennial cocktail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ServiceLancomanDined on 4/10/2014The food was great, but the service was phenomenonal. Made changes to the menu of cooking of food and substituted side dishes. The staff met my every request, and this high level of service occurred on multiple nights that I ste there. I would highly recommend this Annabelle's.Special Features:
- Great group dinnerCalJDined on 4/4/2014We were a group of 14 that dwindled to 11 by the time our event rolled around. The reservations area handled the large group with no problem. The waitress, Katie, was superb. Everyone was extremely happy with their food, from the pork loin to the pasta to the vegetarian pizza. The folks who ordered wine were pleased with the selection. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must in San Francisco!walt6633Dined on 4/4/2014Food was amazing, great local farm to table concept. Inexpensive for high-qualify food!Special Features:
- Reliable Neighborhood SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/4/2014Annabelle's is great when you need to attend a performance nearby - you can be in and out w/in an hour. The menu is reliable, the service friendly, and the noise level in the dining room is moderate so that one can carry on a conversation. What is particularly welcome is that some of the servers stay. In an industry where employee longevity is non-existent, it's nice to see familiar faces over the years - a sign the restaurant treats its employees well. We will definitely return when we have another event in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip the Resturant. Go to the Bar.CitizenSFVIPDined on 4/2/2014I've considered it one of my "secret places" in the city for years, always good for lunch when downtown or an afternoon cocktail on weekends; yet I'd never been to the actual restaurant. Now that I have, I won't again. The food was great, but the service was completely absent. Our server came by after a short wait and took our drink orders. When he returned with our cocktails, he took our meal orders, and we never saw him again. Well, that is an exaggeration. I could see him standing at the end of the bar, idly chatting with the host and bartenders while the kitchen staff brought us our food. My cocktail sat empty for the duration. I had to ask another server to get him so he could deliver our check. He'll remember me. I left him my $0.02Special Features: