Annabelle's Bar & Bistro
68 Fourth Street
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Annabelle's Bar & Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.annabelles.net/
- Phone: (415) 777-1200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily, 11:30am-2:45pm;Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm-10:30pm, Friday-Saturday: 5:30pm-11:00pm; Dinner menu available in bar until 12:00 am; We offer happy hour; 3:00pm-6:00pm , with food and drink specials.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Matthew Metcalf
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The Bar offers Sports Television Broadcasting.
A word from Annabelle's Bar & Bistro
Conveniently located downtown between Union Square and The Moscone Center. Serving California cuisine with a focus on local, organic, sustainably raised ingredients.. Dating back to the early 1900's, our spacious dining room is warm and inviting with high ceilings and ornate columns. Our goal is to achieve an element of comfort; a relaxed yet lively atmosphere combined with great food, friendly and efficient service at a reasonable price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Annabelle's Bar & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (17)good for groups (16)notable wine list (10)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)special occasion (6)romantic (6)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- disappointing. Shrimp on saladOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/31/2008disappointing. Shrimp on salad special was old. Salad was tired. Calamari was greasy.
- Our party of six was allowedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2008Our party of six was allowed to linger well past the lunch. We ordered and ate, plates were cleared promptly and the service was excellent. Once we paid the bill, things changed. We chatted on for the hour and a half passed lunch, yet at this point, we were never asked if we needed anything else...and we did. Shame, as the food and service had been good until then.Special Features:
- This was an unexpected surprise.traveler1tVIPDined on 8/23/2008This was an unexpected surprise. This bistro is just a half block from the Metreon Theater and a great place to go after an afternoon matinee. This was "real" food, very well prepared and wonderful. Not an exotic or high fashion menu, but with excellent choices and reasonably priced. The service was superb. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- Love the decor -- old SanOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2008Love the decor -- old San Francisco. It must've been a bank originally because it still has its teller grills. My angel hair pasta with roasted tomatoes (thick and tasty), mozzarella and maranara was terrific and the dessert -- some hedonistic chocolate beast with a gooey center and vanilla ice cream on top -- was to die for. The chef came out to ask how everything was. The rest of us gushed. My mom tried to tell him her dish -- a chicken thing with lots of veggies -- was too heavy on the salt, but he appeared not to hear her, as his response was, "Thank you."Special Features:
- While I don't usually thinkOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2008While I don't usually think of a Bar and Bistro as a place for a fancy brunch, Annabelle's certainly broke that idea. I think if they added a more "breakfast" based brunch menu, the place would be packed.The dining room was quiet and I loved the art, and the histroric quality of the decor. Also, the location which allowed us to walk to other fun venues afterward. The food was not quite sparkling. I enjoyed the Ahi tuna, but the champagne dressing on the shredded salad was not very tasty. On the pastrami sandwiches the bread was almost charred. The comments I heard from the rest of the party were that the food looked great, but the taste, was only so-so. The service was friendly, but could have been more attentive.Special Features:
- We were a party of six andOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/14/2008We were a party of six and had a wonderful set of meals. The pea ravioli entree was especially a hit.
- We loved the ambiance at Annabelle'CalLonVIPDined on 8/6/2008We loved the ambiance at Annabelle's. Food was tasty (our vegan guests had no problem ordering a delightful assortment of dishes) and the service was lovely (attentive, but not intrusive as our main purpose was to catch-up with friends).Special Features:
- Annabelle's is obviously aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/31/2008Annabelle's is obviously a hangout for locals and a draw for those visiting. The bar is always crowded, especially late in the evening. The restaurant is filled with lovely dark wood and gorgeous fixtures. The chef is personable and charming, as well as talented. All the dishes our large group ordered were exquisitely prepared and presented. We selected Annabelle's last minute after deciding our initial choice wouldn't work out. They accommodated us quickly and were gracious with our special needs and requests. We were so satisfied that all 17 of us recommended Annabelle's to friends at the conference and most of us returned in the same week for a second (or third) time. I recommend Annabelle's highly for exceptional food and service.Special Features:
- The food was okay, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/30/2008The food was okay, the service was friendly but very slow. We had to wait forever to get the check, and the wqaitress was adept at avoidnig eye contact. My client and I were late to a meeting because of this.
- Good service in a quaint bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/10/2008Good service in a quaint bistro setting. Food is excellent as is the service....not a bad martini either....Special Features:
- A little over priced but niceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2008A little over priced but nice portions considering the price.
- We told them in advance weOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2008We told them in advance we were celebrating our anniversary and they did not recognize that (never mentioned it). At other places, they at least mentioned it.
- My friend and I liked theMegarDined on 6/13/2008My friend and I liked the food but the service sucks! They made us feel like they're rushing us to leave by asking if we're done every 10 minutes. We think it's rude and when they that our plates were still full every time they come back to ask. I don't think I would recommend this place to other friends.
- The ambiance was great forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2008The ambiance was great for a place in the city. The waiter was fantastic and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- I treated my co-worker toAugust2014Dined on 5/22/2008I treated my co-worker to a birthday lunch. Restaurant is conveniently close to work place and a nice atmosphere. She and i enjoyed the food and we were served and out of restaurant in an hour. The waiter was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- surprising for it's locationZephyrsHumanVIPDined on 5/20/2008surprising for it's location in a cheesy hotel, this restaurant is actually quite good. The bar had great drinks, the wine list had plenty of affordable options, the food was good, the service was good. I will return sometime.Special Features:
- Sunday at noon. Food was surprisingWillBullasDined on 5/18/2008Sunday at noon. Food was surprisingly dull. Caeser salad was barley dressed. Service was very slow, but we will return for another shot at the bar and appetizers.
- Cool little place across fromOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/24/2008Cool little place across from the Marriott in downtown SF. French 75 cocktail was a nice treat and the Caeser salad and Skirt Steak with Frittes were both very well prepared. I would definitely go back.
- This was my 2nd time at Annabelle'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/12/2008This was my 2nd time at Annabelle's and I am so impressed with the staff and the prep of the food presentation and wonderful flavors and wide variety of menu selections. I have told several people about this restaurant and I certainly will go back many times. The location is perfect if you're out shopping and it's a great place for a romantic dinner as well as groups.Special Features:
- They are excellent for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/10/2008They are excellent for lunch - quick service, good food, nice (not-too-loud) atmosphere.Special Features:
- there were five of us in ourathomas01Dined on 4/6/2008there were five of us in our party and I was surprised to see the waiter had added 18% service fee on the tab. I eat out all the time and usually the automatic add on of tip is for six and more.
- My suggestion to the restaurantGracieVIPDined on 3/30/2008My suggestion to the restaurant is to better describe their meals on their menu. My dish was much spicier than I like but nothing in it's description indicated that it would be spicy. My husbands' salad had large pieces of red onion throughout it which he dislikes very much.
- Our server Claudia was greattakeachanceDined on 3/29/2008Our server Claudia was great including the hostess. Great specials, awesome cocktails and desserts were phenomenal. This is perfect place to have a nice dinner then head to the the movies (Metreon or SF Centre @ Westfield) across the street. Will definitely be back, and very soon!Special Features:
- Not bad, but not excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2008Not bad, but not excellent. Good food but overall the restaurant lacked a punch.
- Grain fed steaks were of utmostOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/26/2008Grain fed steaks were of utmost quality. It is so delicious that I cannot compare it with others that I had before.Special Features:
- We had an enjoyable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2008We had an enjoyable dining experience. The service was efficient and discrete. Food portions were of a good size and fairly priced(for San Francisco). I would recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere and very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/22/2008Nice atmosphere and very good service and drinks. Food choices were limited and mediocre, but it could have just been what I ordered. Bread was very good.Special Features:
- mahi mahi was salty, beetOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2008mahi mahi was salty, beet salad was a mess, too acidic, not enough cheese, and not visually appealing
- I always enjoy dining at Annabelle'OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/14/2008I always enjoy dining at Annabelle's; I try to get in at least once a month whether it is for a sit-down dinner or just drinks. It is a great space and very interesting group of people. My only complaint is that they removed one of my faves from the dinner menu (the pesto pasta dish..it was delish!). But really, everyone there is always pleasant from the hostess to the server to the waitstaff. Keep up the good work. I am glad that I finally decided to stop in instead of walking by after many years. Cheers,Special Features:
- This was a chance choice thatHungryBobVIPDined on 12/22/2007This was a chance choice that tuened out very well. Our party of 4 enjoyed all the meals served. They were attentive and were able to get us out in time for our theatre show. i would recomend this place to any one who wants a casual atmosphere and a good meal. Not pricy either.