Anna Maria Pasteria
4400 N. Clark
Chicago, IL 60640Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Anna Maria Pasteria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.annamariapasteria.com/
- Phone: 7735062662
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Anna Maria Pasteria
A mix of modern and traditional Italian cuisine, our cozy ristorante has long been a local favorite. Sisters Anna and Maria, originally from the Basilicata region of southern Italy, first opened the doors of Anna Maria Pasteria in 1989. Beginning at age seven, Anna fell in love with cooking, creating her first plate of Pasta e Fagioli, a simple peasant dish which is now an Italian specialty. Enamored with cuisine and hospitality, Maria followed the family tradition and put her heart into making the best and most heavenly Tiramisu. After nearly two decades, Anna and Maria continue to dedicate themselves to the finest home-made Italian cuisine and service. Each entree is prepared to order with only the finest and freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Anna Maria Pasteria - Best Restaurants in Lakeview / East Lakeview ›
Anna Maria Pasteria reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)romantic (6)special occasion (5)good for groups (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- JudyJudyDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed the evening ! Will be back to try more dishes.Special Features:
- Casual and FriendlynjoynitDined on 8/8/2014Very pleasant experience. Food was tasty and familiar.Special Features:
- ck Ensemble TheaterLike2eatitalianVIPDined on 8/2/2014The service was great and the food very good with reasonable prices. The people were very nice and accommodating.Special Features:
- Always good foodCTPRDined on 7/26/2014This neighborhood gem always has great Italian food & friendly, attentive service. Perfect before or after Black Ensemble shows--or just for an evening of lovely and reliable dining.Special Features:
- I love Anna Maria PasteriajoemuszynskiDined on 7/25/2014A local Italian restaurant, AMP is always excellent and I need to go more. The food is outstanding and the service is always attentive and fun, without ever being overbearing. For me, AMP is a restaurant to be relaxed in, sip wine and eat a great meal in. And saving room for dessert is a good idea - known for tiramisu, but the last time we were here we had limoncello cake and bread pudding and both were truly excellent. So as I said, I love Anna Maria Pasteria.Special Features:
- would definitly go backweberDined on 7/18/2014friendly and helpful waiter; Good service; good menu and good food!Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceKevnDougUptownDined on 6/21/2014Everything that my party ordered was absolutely delicious. My friend ordered a specific type of Martini which was the best she had ever had. The service was personable, exceptional, accomodating, reponsive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening2eat2Dined on 5/25/2014We were four people over the Memorial Day weekend. We ordered salads for the table, nothing fancy, just fresh lettuce, fresh mozzarella with a nice tangy vinaigrette. We ordered several different chicken dishes which were delicious and 2 pasta dishes which everyone loved. We finished with the dessert of the evening, a ricotta cheese parfait with cherry sauce. Perfect. It was quiet, our service was great and we had a lovely evening. This kind of neighborhood restaurant is unique these days. It reminds me of a neighborhood restaurant in Rome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 130 reviews are from the Anna Maria Pasteria reviews archive.
- AmazingDiningduoDined on 5/16/2014This place is one of my wife and I's favorite date night spots. The food is excellent and the service is even better. Out waiter, Scott, was knowledgable and friendly. We love going to Anna Maria Pasteria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood ItalianHollykuttyDined on 5/11/2014My family and I came here for dinner on Mothers Day. The appetizers and pastas were very good. My dad ordered risotto, but it wasn't really risotto - just rice. It tasted good though. Desserts were also good, but nothing memorable. Chicago has a lot of Italian restaurants so it's hard to stand out unless they're doing something extraordinary. This one didn't knock my socks off, but it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic italianMickeygDined on 4/24/2014great authentic italian dining with decent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm Greetings at the door.LSD70Dined on 4/5/2014Warmly welcomed into the restaurant by one of the two sisters who was the hostess that seated my table. The appetizers were very good. The entrees were $$$. The quality of the food, service, and the loud noise level in this restaurant (unfortunately seated a few tables away, from a table having such a good time that it was unbearably loud and annoying). Unfortunately, my fond thoughts of the original one on Broadway and Irving Park are now dashed. If the prices were more in place with the food quality and service, and matched the greeting we received at the door, then perhaps I would recommend this as a "try it you might like it". Two stars for this once four star "Neighborhood Gem".
- friendly neighborhood eateryMarkDined on 3/23/2014friendly neighborhood eatery with mature service and homey decor. Deffinately not a trendy or food spot. Just delicious food made by Anna herself whomust be at least 90 by now.Special Features:
- Happy return to an old favorite...KDB37VIPDined on 3/22/2014Not having been to Anna Maria in more than 5 years, my husband and I were thrilled to find that the quality of the food and attentiveness of the service was as great as it always was. From the appetizers to the entrees to the desserts, wow! If you are looking for truly home cooked italian food, you must go to Anna Maria. The main dining room is large and spacious so the noise level can get a bit more moderate to high. If you can, ask to be seated in the back room. Much more quiet and romantic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Due sorelle brava2HottieVIPDined on 3/21/2014This charming neighborhood Italian restaurant is run by two Italian sisters and it feels home made from The minute you walk in. Tables are spaced out well, service was good until it got a bit busier. The bread was warm and grilled calamari light, not too chewy. All of our pastas were good. Could have used a bit more sauce And less pasta for the linguini Vongole. Parking was a breeze, we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Delicious homemade pastas,TblfortwoDined on 3/17/2014Delicious homemade pastas, perfectly cooked eggplant, airy & decadent tiramisu. The staff was attentive & knowledgable. We ate here on a Monday night & it was very quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local favorite we go toMzandjk1VIPDined on 3/15/2014A local favorite we go to regularly. We've never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent and everyoneHankey23Dined on 3/8/2014Food was excellent and everyone was very friendly. We were going to the Black Ensemble theatre. Ana Maria Pastaria is right down the street! We parked once and visited both spots.Special Features:
- Very Good neighborhood spotAspecVIPDined on 2/22/2014The food and service were very good. Great place to be able to visit with friends. Never felt rushed. Food was fresh and tasty. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was exceptional. EntireMzandjk1VIPDined on 2/22/2014Service was exceptional. Entire staff was courteous, friendly and helpful. Food was excellent. All six of us enjoyed everything we ordered. Calamari fritti, pollo piccata, pollo alla Anna, pollo vesuvio. Any dessert on the menu is worth ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemEpicureanDined on 2/22/2014This is a great place for good food after the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner with good atmosphere.MaryRoseVIPDined on 2/14/2014Great food; fresh and authentic. Very good atmosphere with friendly staff.Special Features:
- vdayjoselindaDined on 2/14/2014My boyfriend took me here on v-day and it was really romantic. The waiter was super friendly, seemed italian and everything about this restaurant felt like being in Italy. I loved that the menu was not overwhelming and I loved that it felt really personal. My boyfriend made reservations a week in advance and we probably waited only 3 minutes to be seated. I loved this place. It was also a quiet place, very nicely decorated for vday, and also the waiter lit a candle for our table. Oh and the special strawberry yellow cake wow it was amazing. This vday was amazing and it all started at his beautiful restaurant. No complaints. I doubt anyone has any.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. However,AlexDined on 1/3/2014Great food and service. However, there weren't that many patrons there on a Saturday evening. It seemed dead. Would definitely go back for the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PasteriaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/26/2013If you have pastaria in your name, you should probably have handmade pasta.
- Good FindGrandmadi5VIPDined on 12/15/2013When friends are arguing about who "found" a restaurant, it is a good sign it is a success. Hope to return soon.Special Features:
- Fun place to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/10/2013Great Food, Friendly, helpful service and lovely atmosphere for a celebration or a nice dinner out.Special Features:
- Great Food and priced perfectlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/7/2013I went here before seeing blue man group and we were running late. I let my server know and they were so accommodating and quick! The food was fabulous and will def go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerAlbanyParkWalkerDined on 11/17/2013This restaurant is a family favorite because there is kid friendly food as well as vegetarian choices for the adults. The servers are friendly, well informed and accommodating. The food is consistently excellent. I bring people here regularly and everyone always enjoys their meal. We usually come earlier when there are fewer diners. I have been to the restaurant when it is crowded and then it is noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian food!!chgomomX2VIPDined on 11/16/2013We have lived in the neighborhood for years and have never been. We went with another couple and it is good, solid Italian food. We will go back. Downfall.....no good wines!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adorable italian restaurantchicagodinerVIPDined on 11/12/2013This place is the definition of neighborhood gem! the food was very good absolutely lovely inside, reminded me of places i have been in Italy. warm welcome ... definitely would go back .....if you live close..i suggest once a week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodMywifeandIDined on 10/19/2013The restaurant is not for those in a hurry, it is intended for those who desire leisurely dinning and have an appetite for good Italian food.Special Features:
- Great Birthday Spot :)MoniDined on 10/18/2013As Black Ensemble Theater is less than a block away I made dinner reservations here for me and my aunt for my birthday. My aunt is not a wine drinker, but she will partake in something bubbly and sweet. They had a half split moscato on the menu that we both loved and had no problem sharing. We both had a salad with our meal; perfect portion sizes. I absolutely love bread with olive oil and Parmesan and we had plenty. We enjoyed catching up and even though we arrived a bit later than our reservation time we made it out in time to catch our play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTEDTHEATERGOERSDined on 10/17/2013We, five of us, ate early (around 5:30 PM) so it was quiet. This was good. The service was OK. We especially liked the owner who came to our table after the meal to speak with us. The food, however, was just average. Two people at the table ordered a grilled calamari appetizer and it was inedible. You would need a machete to cut it. When we told the waiter, he asked if we would like something else and made a suggestion of an eggplant appetizer which was OK. I had veal parmesian and the others had fish and pasta dishes. No body "raved" about their food. It was OK. Because of the previous positive reviews we read and the fact that there were few others in the restaurant when we were there, we were disappointed wtih the food.
- AwesomeRF501Dined on 10/12/2013The wait staff did an outstanding job! With 36 people eating all at the same time, everything was quick and delicious. Friendly, hard working employees made our experience awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very solid Italian restaurant.LourawlsDined on 9/27/2013Very solid Italian restaurant. Nice selection of risottos, and some of the best I've had. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unexpected pleasure.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2013I made reservations at Anna Maria Pasteria because of its convenient location to the Black Ensemble Theater. I was headed there for a play last Saturday evening. It is located on the same block as the theater. What I didn't expect was an excellent food and service experience. I had the grilled salmon, which was cooked to perfection. My guest had the salmon with lemon butter and lobster ravioli. Both dishes were superb. The service was friendly and prompt. When I received the bill I got yet another positive surprise. That surprise was a discount on the bill for being a patron of the theater. I highly recommend Anna Maria Pasteria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/14/2013It was nice to be in a neighborhood place that embraced diversity with good food!Special Features:
- No LakeviewBusyTravelsDined on 9/8/2013We loved the restaurant and the people. It was quaint and quiet enough to carry a normal conversation. The only problem I had was the view of the strip mall across the street. It was listed on Open Table as "Lakeview", which must be the name of a district since it was not close to Lake Michigan like I expected.Special Features:
- Always a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/1/2013Always a great experience. Best place to go for truly homemade Italian and outstanding service!Special Features: