361 Township Ave
Ridgeland, MS 39157Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.anjourestaurant.net/
- Phone: 6017070587
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Shaun Fontenot
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Anjou has a private dining that can accommodate 15-60 people seated.
- Private Party Contact: Anne Holmes 6017070587
A word from Anjou
Anjou is a classic bistro serving comfort foods in the relaxed, casual setting of the Township at Colony Park in Ridgeland, Mississippi. The restaurant’s Old World feel is complemented by contemporary amenities and offers a full bar, lakeside patio, and private rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Anjou reviews from OpenTable diners
- Celebrate at AnjouRuffianDined on 1/26/2014We LOVE Anjou; it is our restaurant of choice in the area. Chef Malone always comes through with a lovely, delicious and creative vegan entree for me and the rest of the menu is delightfully enjoyed by my husband. So it was no surprise to choose Anjou for our 29th anniversary. The vegan burritos were as tasty to the palate as they were beautifully presented. The venue is quiet...something many area restaurants absolutely do not seem to understand. We enjoyed actually being able to have a conversation with each other. Our server, John, was very attentive and saw to making sure we were happy with our salads, drinks and meal. The complimentary dessert of the mango sorbet was especially appreciated. If you want a lovely evening, Anjou is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Offering a comfortable menuJKMISSISSIPPIDined on 1/24/2014Offering a comfortable menu of favorites with just a touch of unique charm, Lunch seems a good fit for neighborhood workers or those looking for an inviting spot without an air of trendiness. Lunch can give you a look at the menu, service, and property without the hefty tab of evening dining. Good for the "take a peek" crowd.Special Features:
- WONDERFULDSwanDined on 1/17/2014Service was FANTASTIC! From the time we walked through the door the service was great, very personable staff. Food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANJOU..should be ANJOY!!RuffianDined on 1/15/2014We LOVE this restaurant and will frequent it whenever we can. This time to entertain out of town friends (WI and NY). Dana was his usual ebullient self and had us all enjoying his service. As a vegan, I try to give Anjou staff a heads up; this time I asked them to challenge themselves with an entree. And BOY did they come through. Chef prepared a LOVELY whole wheat pasta with portabello slices, artichoke hearts, spinach and broiled tomatoes, which was scrumptious. AND in the center of the pasta was an exquisitely flavored curried chickpea stuff pepper. My tablemates totally enjoyed their beef bourguignon, crepes and tilapia almondine and shared in the apple tart tatin. It sure looked good and I was assured that it was. THANKS ANJOU!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience.BdaygrlDined on 1/11/2014Outstanding service in relaxed and elegant atmosphere Food was good and priced appropriately Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveninghrh92Dined on 1/10/2014Nice quite atmosphere. The duck breast and zucchini beignets were amazing. Wait staff and management were friendly and very attentive. We had an issue with one of our entrees and the wait staff and management handled the situation quickly and efficiently thus ensuring that we will be return customers. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My second visit thereWayneDined on 1/5/2014I enjoy this restaurant doing brunch because it is reasonably priced- It has a great atmosphere and the food is outstanding .I will come back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better and better every visit!Foodie1057Dined on 1/4/2014My wife and I started dining at Anjou after I found out a man I used to work with from time to time helped start this restaurant. I also knew he was an incredible chef, that I hoped would start a restaurant someday. We have been four times so far, and we love it every time! Very tasty food selection, top notch service, and a great atmosphere. If anyone tries to say something bad about this place they are just looking to complain about something, because I'm sure the management knows how to treat customers. Perfect example of how a nice restaurant should be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceRamius1212Dined on 1/3/2014My wife and I both loved our experience at Anjou. We ate from their reasonably priced Pre Fix menu. Everything we had was good. We will definitely be recommending it to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good. I hadchrismassey04Dined on 12/31/2013Food was very good. I had never tried veal, it was ok but I think it was more I personally didn't like veal. The potatoes and asparagus was very good. Cesar salad was very good and the bread pudding was great and enough for our entire table to eat on from one serving. My wife ordered the zucchini Benet for an appetizer and it was outstanding. She ordered the shrimp linguini for her entre' and it was delicious. Chocolate tarte was very chocolaty and melts in your mouth. We loved the atmosphere, it was nice white table cloth but also laid back. We ate in the bar area with the football game on but also with a nice restaurant atmosphere. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We decided at the last minute to make a dinner reservation for New Year's Eve. Thankfully, Anjou had availability. We have eaten there several times before and it has always been good, but this time, it was outstanding! I had a red snapper special and my fiance had the filet. Both dishes could not have been any better. The service and atmosphere were also both wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceBJsherDined on 12/26/2013Food is always excellent. Shrimp Linguini is fantastic! Ask for Dana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous place in the Township!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/23/2013The steak is honestly the best I have ever had! Great service too! This is our restaurant of choice every time we can get away for dinner alone. I have noticed others bringing small children and although the waitstaff seem to be very accommodating for that, this is really not the place for children.Special Features:
- Group lunchGroupLunchDined on 12/17/2013Pros: I noticed the staff was friendly and attentive The place was clean Nice ambiance The food was pretty delicious Cons: It does take a few extra minutes to be served. Understandable for the quality of food (be forewarned if you have to get back to work early)Special Features:
- Four-peat for usRuffianDined on 12/14/2013This is our fourth trip to Anjou...we like the quiet atmosphere and the attentive staff. The food is excellent as are the drinks. We go as well for their attention to one of us being vegan. This would be my only complaint for this time...given 24+ hours notice, I was hopeful of a more creative entree rather than 'we can put some sides together for you' which is what we can expect with no notice. When asked for a bit more creativity, the service said he would ask the chef. He did come back with 'the chef can prepare a Mediterranean pasta' which is what I got. It was good but I was so hopeful of more thought having gone into such advance notice. That being said, Anjou remains one of our favorite spots for a nice, quiet and good meal.Special Features:
- Our server was outstanding.Val37Dined on 12/10/2013Our server was outstanding. The accommodation was awesome!! I would recommend this for a great date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- forgot somethingruisDined on 12/8/2013Foods are delicious, great enviroment, but small portion with a little high price, service is overall good, but waiter forgot to pack my foods(we had 75% left over for one dish). The wine we ordered does not taste better than the ordinary one. Hope receive some recommendation.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner with familyPamfDined on 11/29/2013Excellent service and waitress, food was very good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryAnniversaryDined on 11/9/2013I had previously been with a group of people and enjoyed it. So, I decided to come back for my anniversary. The server was excellent, however, we waited a good period of time for our food, even when they were not busy. Then our food came and my plate of scallops was cold and my wife's steak charred. The manager was great and handle the situation quickly and we ended up getting grilled redfish which was greatly enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceCraigDined on 11/3/2013Everything was fine until it was time to pay the bill. We had been given a gift card for $100 by our son, but we were told that it had never been loaded and was, therefore, not useable. Management finally corrected the situation, but it was rather time consuming and a bit embarassing. Add to that, I purchased two additional gift cards while we were waiting for our bill. Sure hope they work, but not overly confident.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Steaksrem1Dined on 10/25/2013Wife and I ordered two different steaks. Both came burnt and could not be eaten-- We had to send both back. New ones came out and were better. No offer to reduce price or offer anything other than "I am Sorry" It made for a long $100 night/Special Features:
- FavoriteEvansDined on 10/18/2013The atmosphere is New Orleans-y, the food is amazing and unique, and the bar list is extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in RidgelandLynnDined on 10/18/2013I booked a business dinner for five at Anjou, not knowing that the luncheon many of us would be attending was scheduled for the same place. In the end, I was quite pleased with this course of events, as I would have happily eaten there twice as my own choice. For pre fix luncheon menu was quite varied, with five choices of entrees. The dinner menu was classic French. Everything at each meal was perfectly prepared and the service was outstanding. Having seen many, many times how hard it is for the wait staff to serve during a speaker, I was very impressed that during our luncheon speaker, they were as quiet and unobtrusive as anyone could want. I doubt I will be back in Ridgeland MS any time soon, but I highly recommend Anjou.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came backDavidVIPDined on 10/18/2013When visiting the Jackson area we normally eat at Anjous . This time we decided on another place for the first night out . Big mistake . The next night went back to Anjous and will not deviate in the future . By the way the other restaurant was not on Open Table . Congratulations to the Anjou staff .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early birdWayneDined on 10/16/2013Great food- a tad pricey -I love being able to make reservation online-Who best part of the evening obviously was the food. I wish that the early bird specials have a little bit more of a selection. I did not like the fact that I could not have a happy hour drink in the main dining room and only in the bar beer. Bad ideaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for dateshungryDined on 10/11/2013i recently dined here on a date and very much enjoyed the experience. its a quiet atmosphere but not so nice that you feel as though you need a suit & tie. i'd recommend all the fish on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyAndyDined on 10/1/2013The food was alright. Our Tilapia almondine was too salty. The sauce was lacking flavor except for salt. The pasta was good with a lot of shrimp. The French Onion soup was average and the cheese was not melted enough. For the price of the food, the quality was not there.
- All Things EqualMaMiMyVIPDined on 9/27/2013Often when dining out you are pleased with one aspect but disappointed with another. Not the case for us at Anjou. The food, service, ambience was all equally done very well. Love the house red wine, zucchini beignets are wonderful as was al our food! A nice place to dress up for dinner but a cool scene for casual too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok for brunchBobbyDined on 9/22/2013The food was good. The presentation was not great.Special Features:
- First visitmnopawsDined on 9/18/2013I am usually not a fan of French cooking, but Anjou changed my opinion. As a family party of four, we each sampled each others selections. From appetizer to dessert, this was perhaps one of the best dining experiences I have had in some time. Our server was friendly and easily handled my husband's teasing (ordering items not on the menu). We will definitely return and place this restaurant at the top of our list of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerMsdiverDined on 9/18/2013Food was good, though they were out of scallops. Restaurant was not crowded with quite a number of open tables. Red fish and veal were delicious, prices reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definite Keeper!RuffianDined on 9/14/2013This was our third outing to Anjou with our BFFs; we meet monthly for dinner and always have the dilemma of "where to go". Two of us are vegan, making it doubly difficulty to dine out. Most restaurants (Anjou included) really do not have a menu friendly to vegans but are willing to put together some acceptable offerings. Of course, we would prefer a nice entree or two to choose from but that's just not the culture here. HOWEVER, the chef prepared a large plate/bowl of lovely grilled vegetables that were seasoned nicely and without a lot of oil. In addition, a salad was modified to meet the non-animal criteria and was quite delicious and quite large. Our companions had veal and the cordon bleu crepe; both they said were excellent.Special Features:
- Great!!!Romantic4uDined on 9/13/2013The food was very delicious!!! The atmosphere was very relaxed and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnjouEatwellDined on 9/6/2013This was the first time to dine at this fine restaurant. The service was outstanding by all staff assisting us. I Atmosphere is upscale with view of the water. if you wish Tables are spaced where you have privacy for your dining experience. For those who enjoy wine with their meal, the wine list is extensive.The French Onion Soup was the best I had in years. My date and I had beef entrees. Both were delicious. Serving size were more than sufficient. Is upscale but prices are competitive. The owners have been associated with some of the best restaurants in the Greater Jackson area. It is now in my top three restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anjou...my new favoriteSilverPalateDined on 8/31/2013We are new to Jackson and are making our way through the area restaurants. So far, Anjou is my favorite. Shortly after we sat down, the waiter brought us fresh bread, and it was warm and and crust - really good. We ordered the Charcuterie Plate to begin, and cleaned the plate completely! For the main course, my husband ordered the Duck Breast, and I ordered the Cotriade, a light seafood soup with shrimp, mussels, scallops and redfish. Honestly, if I hadn't been in public, I'd have turned the bowl up to get every last drop of that broth! The staff was friendly, and the service attentive - just right. The whole meal was great, and I can't think of anything that could be improved upon. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExcellenceknoxieDined on 8/30/2013Anjou is in our top three restaurants in the greater Jackson area (the others being Walker's and Strawberry Cafe). We have dined here with friends, family including pre-teens, and twice with a group of twelve in a private room requested in advance. The service is always friendly and attentive and the food well prepared. The menu includes some French favorites for something different as well as delicious steaks and seafood. There is a four course prix fix dinner with good choices for a bargain price of $28. August 30th we took friends from New Orleans who dine at the best restaurants there to Anjou, and they enjoyed the meal and complimented us on our restaurant choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and great food.jqbollsDined on 8/15/2013great service and great food. had clients in from Memphis and were impressedSpecial Features:
- Had a wonderful experiencejonathan04Dined on 8/13/2013Had a wonderful experience and dinner; our friend had a wonderful time celebrating her birthday. Everything was perfect and she really enjoyed herself. Thanks to Micheal for bringing her a surprise birthday dessert! We really appreciate it! Beth BatteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as always. TheJacksonianDined on 8/9/2013Wonderful, as always. The pork chop is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a perfect night tojonathan04Dined on 8/8/2013It was a perfect night to celebrate parent's anniversary. The food was perfect and Keith did an outstanding job. Our new favorite restaurant !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.