Anglins Beach Cafe
2 Commerical Blvd
Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, FL 33308Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Anglins Beach Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.anglinsbeachcafe.com/
- Phone: 9544916007
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Seafood, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Entertainment: We have local musicians playing on our patio at various times during the week. Email us or stop by to check our schedule.
A word from Anglins Beach Cafe
Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Anglins Beach Cafe is part of the historic Anglin's fishing pier, in sunny Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida. Sit inside the cafe, outside on the patio, or in booths on the pier, overlooking the beach and the ocean. Enjoy the finest, fresh seafood and organic produce, while you relax and listen to the ocean. Anglins Beach Cafe serves a variety of healthy and delicious cuisine. For breakfast, enjoy one of our organic omelettes, pancakes, or some organic yogurt and fresh fruit. For lunch, try our New England clam chowder or have a fresh, organic Greek salad. Our homemade hummus is absolutely delicious! For dinner, have a shrimp cocktail, mussels marinara, or a variety of organic pizzas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Anglins Beach Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our waitress, Janet, (I thinkDinnerVIPDined on 3/3/2013Our waitress, Janet, (I think that was her name) was absolutely perfect. Food took a while, but it was quite busy.Special Features:
- Hostess had no idea what openOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2013Hostess had no idea what open table was. There was still a 30 minute wait even with a 6:45 pm reservation. There was no manager to speak with so we waited. The waitress did not no what open table was either,her response " I'm only a waitress I don't get involved with management". Food was really blah and greasy, salad greens were gritty and not washed. Bottled water was from Walgreens. They ran out of Blue Moon Beer, only carried odd brands. The view spectacular and free walk on the pier after dinner.Special Features:
- I made a reservation on OpenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2013I made a reservation on Open Table which they did not honor because "nobody wrote it in their book". So we ended up going someplace else.
- Best fried shrimp I've everAngelVIPDined on 2/5/2013Best fried shrimp I've ever enjoyed, and on the beach. Near a bustling shopping-entertainment area at the pier. Fun, laid back and casual with friendly service. We enjoyed watching the colors of sunset reflecting off the clouds.Special Features:
- Not recommendedAmandaVIPDined on 1/27/2013Upon arrival it is hard to determine where the hostess stand is. When we finally found it, the host was not very helpful or friendly. Waited 30 minutes for an omelette that was burned on one side with uncooked egg in the middle, garnished with untoasted end pieces of toast. The view of the beach is nice if you don't mind people with fishing gear constantly bumping your table. If you want to eat on the water in this area, go to Arubas.
- Good food, good service , high billKimberleeDined on 1/18/2013I had been to Anglins for breakfast before (excellent french toast with fresh fruit)but this was my first time for dinner. My fiance and I arrived at 9:30, as per our reservation, to find no one else dining there and the staff closing up shop. They served us anyway and I was glad they did because the food was great. The caveat to that is I found it to be overpriced. We ordered seafood and it was certainly fresh but $24 for a small piece of salmon and some salad seemed to be a bit much. Our dinner for two ended up costing close to $100 so it will not be a regular stop for us.Special Features:
- excellent food and lovely,theallisonsDined on 12/28/2012excellent food and lovely, beach atmosphere. also got to walk to the end of the pier after dinner. would recommend and will return!Special Features:
- Excellent seafood in a casualOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/2/2012Excellent seafood in a casual setting on the water.Special Features:
- Great local spot right onSueBeeDined on 11/29/2012Great local spot right on the pier with view of the water and all of the Lauderdale by the Sea activity.Special Features:
- First time at this pier locatedKAS1VIPDined on 11/17/2012First time at this pier located primarily outdoor dining experience. I ordered a chicken sandwich and it was one of the best I have had. I ordered the sweet potatoe fries on the side and again some of the best I've had. I was surprised because many outdoor, waterfront dining experiences the food is not very good. This was the exception. I also found the service to be very attentive. A nice place where you are literally sitting right by the ocean.Special Features:
- Worst Restaurant EVER!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/9/2012This could have been my worst dining experience EVER! 1. The service was Horrible! 2. The food should have been served to animals and not humans. 3. No manager available on a Friday night? I ordered a hot app. When does it come out? Yes it comes out with my meal. When I asked the Terrible waitress about this she stated that the cook did not want our dinner to get cold and since he made them at the same time she was told to bring them out together. Throughout the night the waitress never once came back to refill our drinks or ask how the food was. Let me not even start on how bland and terrible the food tasted. When I asked for a manager they told me one doesnt work on Fri night. I would NEVER return to this place! -0 Stars!
- Let me start off by sayingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/3/2012Let me start off by saying my entire group loved our meals. The service was good - not outstanding, but good. If you have food allergies - beware - the server didn't really know much about the ingredients of certain items and was not very helpful or willing to find out. If you go at night and sit on the patio, the lighting isn't too good so it is very hard to read your menu or see your food. They had a guy playing music (Jimmy Buffet covers, etc.) and that, combined with the ocean in the background, reminded me why people love living in S. Florida. I'd definitely go back, but for an early dinner (in the light), brunch or lunch.Special Features:
- Beach Cafe, Lauderdale-by-the-SeaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2012Unbelievable! The view is awesome, right on the beach at the pier! The food is fresh, organic and divine. This time we went for breakfast. Great selections. Loved the Eggs Florentine and omelet. Great coffee too. Mom and I had a most enjoyable time. Thanks to the staff for a relaxing morning. I love lunch and dinners at the Beach Cafe, always great. This little gem has the best organic wine, smooth and no headache. Great place to relax on the beach with tasty and healthy food and drink anytime.Special Features:
- On The Beach-Really In the sand.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/5/2012Extremely casual outside food service. Location can be hot and sweaty or romantic and hot. Located at the entrance to a fishing pier. Expect the obvious.Special Features:
- They were out of scallopsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/30/2012They were out of scallops and said the put in extra shrimp which were scarce. Had to wait to get a key to go to the rest room. Very poor dining experience. Would not go back.
- The first two times I wentDinerOutLauderdaleDined on 5/5/2012The first two times I went to Anglins, the food was great. This time, service was rushed and the shrimp was horribly overlooked.Special Features:
- Good food, right on the water.jechiDined on 4/27/2012Good food, right on the water. Less LOUD than its neighbor, was a great pick for our casual dinner. And by presenting our receipt we got free admission to the pier.Special Features:
- Nothing is better for FloridiansOlinecVIPDined on 4/17/2012Nothing is better for Floridians and tourists than to dine right on the ocean. Anglins has come a long way since it was just a shack that sold frozen hamburgers. Now the food is quite good and would be worth coming for even without the view. Calamari is wonderful, big chunks of calamari lightly fried, like a tempura. Fish and chips equally good. Mussels and pasta also good.Special Features:
- Service was poor at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2012Service was poor at best. Negligent staff. Long wait even though we had reservations (which confused us because there were plenty of seats) but not enough staff to turn tables over. Noisy. Pictures of live band are misleading. Band is at another bar. Will never go back unless I'm dying of dehydration from swimming and all the other bars are closed and LOCKED up
- More of a drop in while you'reOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/8/2012More of a drop in while you're at the beach kind of restaurant and not really one that you need to make reservations for. The food was ok, but they tried too hard to cover a variety of dishes instead of focusing on one or two styles and making them really well.Special Features:
- Worst dining experience ever.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/18/2012Worst dining experience ever. Complete chaos - people waiting to be seated while tables sit empty, diners told that orders will take a long time because "we're really busy tonight." One of my party of three was told that they had no Caesar salad as they were serving the entrees to the other diners - bad enough but then this same diner's meal never came. We finally canceled the order and left, never to return.
- Excellent fresh seafood dishesPDXGregDined on 2/9/2012Excellent fresh seafood dishes nicely prepared. Not a large place, so be cautious of booking a larger group.Special Features:
- really wished I could haveTheGeneralVIPDined on 2/6/2012really wished I could have liked it while looking at the ocean but they just do not execute anything correctly from the kitchen.....
- Everything was great-but theyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/4/2012Everything was great-but they do not accept American Express.Special Features:
- The location is ideal beingMWGMIAMIDined on 2/4/2012The location is ideal being right on the ocean however the food and ambiance leaves a lot to be desired. The menu tackles a little bit of everything from greek, bar food, sea food and pizza which doesn't allow them to specialize and become great at one type of food. Also, for the price you pay you would expect more of a gourmet meal. In addition, the place in general could use some work from the picnic benches on the side of the building to just a new overall paint job.Special Features:
- The best part about this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/21/2012The best part about this restaurant is that it is right on the beach and the view is stellar!Special Features:
- Great table...outside andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2012Great table...outside and oceanfront at the pier in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea. Good menu...many good options, including organic. Service was excellent. It was a nice surprise, especially since we hadn't realized it was open for dinner until we were searching for available tables in the area at OpenTable.com.Special Features:
- Expensive but the view ROCKS!!AlisaDined on 1/7/2012OMG! The view is awesome and the meal includes a free strole down the Pier. We went at sun down and WOW did it remind me of how great it is to live in South Florida truly a beautiful view. A little pricey I had fish and ships and clam chowder My husband had the the catch of the day and my daughter had a Hamburger, and we had Soda to drink no dessert and our bill was $69.00.... expensive but great view and the food was good.Special Features:
- Food was very good, staffMil3e3Dined on 12/2/2011Food was very good, staff and service friendly and timely. View is spectacular and great outdoor options for seating.Special Features:
- I'm vegan so I was able toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2011I'm vegan so I was able to find a salad on the menu to eat, however I tried the hummus but it tasted different and I couldn't put my finger on it. But my friends enjoyed the seafood. They said it was very fresh.Special Features:
- Recommend for ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2011Wonderful beach front cafe right on the pier. I live here at the beach so take my guests here regularly. Can't beat the $2 parking if you eat at the restaurant so no fighting for a beach parking spot blocks away. Not sure if they still do this but used to get a free access pass to walk onto the pier after dining. This is casual dining so no five star menu but they have a full bar. The wait staff seems to rotate frequently so it is hit or miss. I've had great service sometimes and other times I've felt like an American tourist in Paris but generally if you treat people kindly they do the same to you. Menu is very reasonable so I tip these gals and guys extra and avoid camping on their limited tables in this spectacular spot.Special Features:
- Very casual , they were surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2011Very casual , they were surprised when we said we had reservations.Special Features:
- excellent sea scallopsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2011we loved the sea scallops and enjoyed the lobster roll with fresh slaw my children loved the pizza the kahuna.Special Features:
- A bit disorganized but lotsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2011A bit disorganized but lots of fun. Food was good and location perfect beachfront funk. Would have liked to receive an itemized bill but aside from this...........no complaints and will be back.Special Features:
- Loved the location and theaminlaVIPDined on 8/12/2011Loved the location and the outdoor booths overlooking the beach. The service was attentive and the food was very good.Special Features: