Angelo's Prime Bar & Grill
30 Clifton Country Road
Clifton Park, NY 12065Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Angelo's Prime Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.angelosprimebarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 5186316500
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am,
Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am;
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer for groups from 100 to 10,000
- Private Party Facilities: We have two intimate rooms for groups up to 25 people. We also have a grand ballroom that seats up to 225 people
- Private Party Contact: Suzann Carlton 5186316500
A word from Angelo's Prime Bar & Grill
Angelo's Prime Bar and Grill is located inside the brand new Hilton Garden Inn in Clifton Park NY. We feature specialty cuisine such as Double Stuffed Burgers, pastas, steaks and more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Angelo's Prime Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Clifton Park ›
Angelo's Prime Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (9)special occasion (8)good for groups (7)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (3)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- Very Nice Place.Billy12086VIPDined on 10/11/2014A very nice place, the reason why 4 stars is because Aperitivo and the Mansion have it beat. A little less choices for dinner but I get it, it's in a hotel lobby. Server was very nice and catering. Hostess was a B, a lot of empty tables but we were not asked if where we were seated was acceptable (My only complaint and a very small one) .
- great experiencemazzonefanDined on 10/9/2014Great food. Great service.likeed the oyster special. Coconut cream pie could have served 4 people. Two of us couldnt finish.Special Features:
- Good but priceylmp1Dined on 9/27/2014Thought the food was excellent in presentation and taste. The prices are a bit higher than most restaurants as this is Prime by Mazzone which has a great reputation in the area. Was on a coupon web deal so wasn't too bad but not sure I would go and pay full price. That said dinner was tasty and an easy place to have a group or just a fairly quiet dinner for 2.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014The menu is very limited and the food is just OK. I've had better experiences there before.
- Great night with friendsLuvLocalFoodDined on 8/23/2014We weren't sure what to expect being that it was in the hotel lobby but turned out to be a great experience. Made reservations online and I changed them three times with no problems. We were greeted and seated quickly and our waitress, Christanna (prolly spelled wrong) was friendly and patient with us. We always like to each get different foods so we can sample everything. The steak was slightly underdone but that worked out in my husbands favor since he likes it a little more rare. He said it was delicious and the sauce was excellent. My friends go the slider app as their meal and there was plenty of food for them. I had a BLT with the shoestring fries which were also delicious. We will be going back up there!Special Features:
- 677PVIPDined on 8/18/2014We like eating outside on the patio; enjoyed a beautiful sunset that day, and the food was great. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food lacked flavor!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014I have been to this restaurant before and decided to return for dinner withy husband. I was surprised when we received our food and all of the food we ordered lacked flavor. I don't know if they hired a new chef but it seems that nothing we ordered tasted like anything. Super bland and flavorless. We will never return.Special Features:
- Angelo's Bar and GrillTheFineArtofDiningDined on 8/12/2014Went for a special occasion. The food was excellent, the service was friendly, knowledgeable and professional, the location (in a hotel) was warm and inviting and the whole experience was very enjoyable. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous evening dinnerJradDined on 8/6/2014Had a great time, great service and even better food. Wife and I love to visit when we celebrate for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodFirstTimersDined on 8/5/2014This was our first visit. Food was very good. tables are a little close together but it was not that busy, so it did not affect us. My entree was overdone on the garlic. Would go back for another try. We sat inside but the outdoor space looked awesome!Special Features:
- Very goodluvgoodfoodDined on 7/16/2014We went for our anniversary dinner. It was shocking how casual some diners dressed. The food overall was very good although my husband's steak was slightly overcooked. The waitstaff was very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 167 reviews are from the Angelo's Prime Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- Went for the oysters!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014We went on Sunday evening for our 23rd anniversary specifically for the $2.50 oysters, what a surprise to find out they had $1 oysters on Sundays from 5-7! Such a treat! Beautifully presented and delicious! Great selection of wine and beer. Also had rack of lamb and coffee rubbed pork tenderloin and ridiculously fantastic desserts! Definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food herebp1114Dined on 6/28/2014You can spend a little or a lot here. Whether you get a burger or have a 4 course meal, it's all exquisitely prepared and delicious.Special Features:
- High quality foodmjphotos14Dined on 6/15/2014In keeping with his usual high quality, the restaurateur has succeeded in elevating a hotel dining room into an upscale gourmet experience. Each of our four different entrees were imaginative, elegantly prepared and delicious. We recommend this restaurant and all of the others under this same owner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceDawnDined on 6/15/2014We had a very enjoyable dining experience on the outdoor patio for father's day, the food and service were great, would definitely go back againSpecial Features:
- The best restaurant in Clifton ParkJessDined on 6/14/2014We love this restaurant! The menu changes seasonally. They have great specials. Besides the amazing food they also have wonderful cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014I was surprised by how my filet was not really tender. My husbands steak was cooked medium and he ordered med rare. They did buy a round of drinks for not having the steak cooked correctly. The wine was outstanding and so was the service. Steak was good but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014The service was the best part. The waitress Christine was great and really made the whole experience. In my opinion anyone can make good food but it is the service that makes the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Angelo's Never Dissapoints!ChappiemomDined on 5/21/2014I've been here several times... With friends and their kids, other couples, and just the girls. The food is always excellent! The side dishes are unique and always good. Try the scallops and grilled calamari. Both were cooked to perfection. The cocktail selection and wine list are second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Wonderful service.JessDined on 4/11/2014We love going to Angelo's. The menu and specials are unique and change with the seasons. They have a great wine list and cocktails. I greatly enjoyed my blueberry lavender lemonade martini. I had a fancy burger that was cooked perfectly. Flaming s'mores for dessert was great. Chocolate creams brûlée on the bottom, a layer of grahm cracker crumbs, and topped with marshmallows. The waiter sprayed a little alcohol on top and set it a blaze. It was a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be backVacationFoodisBestFoodDined on 4/10/2014Not disppointed. Food, as expected, was flavorful and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed in this arm of MazzoneFoodieEditorLadyDined on 4/9/2014The service and ambience were good, but the food was truly lacking. My calamari were fine, but the advertised spicy pomodoro sauce turned out to be a mediocre non-spicy marinara. My husband's noodle bowl was bland and lacked any kind of heat, which was odd because jalapenos were in the description. The crispy mushroom ravioli were decent, but the pork osso buco was chewy and didn't fall of the bone like it should have. The broccoli rabe was underseasoned and in desperate need of olive oil, garlic, and salt. The ice cream pie could have been purchased at Price Chopper, and the "homemade" strawberry shortcake was a mix of strawberry compote and two strawberries over a dense, dry cake. I can confidently say we will never be returning here.
- just okgypsyDined on 3/29/2014I want to love Angelos since there aren't too many great restaurants in Clifton Park, but the food is really just OK for the price. A posture filet mignon is about $30 with no starch or veggies. Salad was nothing special and my dinner was tasty but just warm.
- fine diningegglawDined on 3/19/2014We have been ot Angelo''s Prime Bar and Grill on several occassions. The atmosphere ,and service never disappoint. The food is always an array of wonderful choices, with something for every taste. Angelo finds the best of the best and for this,we are truly grateful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinner for special occasionGr8tmealDined on 3/5/2014Had a really great birthday dinner here. The lamb was great as was the chocolate torte for dessert...will visit again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disapointing... Way toodisatisfiedDined on 2/22/2014Very disapointing... Way too expensive for the quality of the food and for the quality of the space. it's like eating in a hotel lobby. They charge $30 for a steak (I mean the meat alone) and then they charge you separately for what goes with it: $8 for brussel sprouts for example, $8 for fries, $5 dollars for an assortment of steak sauces. Then the real disapointment: My daughter's sirloin smelled like you just took the meat from the animals guts. I do not know if the meat went bad or if it was mixed with other parts of the animal... Explaining why the meat smelled the way it did would have been really nice. Not saying anything about it was the worst part. Bottom line, I am not going back there.
- Fantastic foodCKPrezDined on 2/22/2014We had a fabulous dining experience at Angelos PrimeBar in Clifton Park The food was prepared beautifully . Everything was expertly seasoned and delicious. The ambience is ok, you definitely know you are in a hotel restaurant. But the food makes up for the lack of atmosphere. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Good FoodColbyDined on 2/21/2014We had a group of 11, and had a private room, with a fireplace, so the setting was nice, and the service great. It is a bit pricey but the food is very good, maybe not excellent for the cost. I have experience with both high and low end restaurants living in NYC (and New Orleans), so I may be "spoiled". You can get a good idea of costs, and entrees by looking at the menu. Decent wine list, although not a lot by the glass, so-so beer choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I lived closerrfenaughtyDined on 2/14/2014Our first visit was for Valentine's Day dinner. I have no complaints. The food was cooked to perfection. Great quantities. We left satisfied but not engorged. My husband and i ordered the pork Saratoga chips which reminded me of Carnitas nachos, a kick, and tons of pork. We both ordered steaks, again cooked perfectly to our liking. The Sides were interesting and yummy! Our server Christopher i believe, was informative, friendly and honest. Perfect service. Considering how they gave us romance on Valentine s day, we're already scheduling our next date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VALETINES DAYMarkDined on 2/14/2014Nice dinner on Valentines Day.. Both the service and food were good. A bit pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some changes since we were thereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/11/2014last time. We missed the butter on the salt slab, but the $1.00 per oyster special was superb. We made a meal out of appetizers and salad and it was very satisfying, especially for low-carb types. (Even though it was impossible to resist at least a taste of the rosemary olive bread and the salted bread sticks.) It was a bitter cold night and the selection of soup other than the ubiquitous (and cliche) French Onion Soup was non-existent. Attentive and well-trained wait staff. The furnishings are very modern and nicely done. Just make sure you don't look out the windows, because your view is the Hannaford Shopping plaza across the street. Perhaps removing the windows and replacing them with a mural? Clifton Park is strip mall blight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theater DinnerJohnDined on 2/9/2014My wife and I recently dined here before attending a show at Proctor's in Schenectady. Although the menu is limited, the quality and presentation of the food and service was consistent with the high quality found at all of Angelo's restaurants. My wife pronounced the scallops to be among the best that she had ever had. Negatives: Because the restaurant is located in the lobby of a Holiday Inn Express, the lighting is extremely poor and there was no place to check a coat (there was an unattended portable coat rack placed in the hotel lobby, but nearly all patrons appropriately chose to bypass that option and hung their winter coats on the back of their chairs).Special Features:
- This was a disappointing dinnerMarshieDined on 2/8/2014This was a disappointing dinner for,my husband & I. The ambiance was less than pleasing and the food, from start to finish was mediocre. I would not suggest this restaurant to any of my friends.
- Love This PlaceltbphotosDined on 2/8/2014My wife and I took a friend here and had a wonderful time. The service is amazing and the food delicious. While almost full the resturant is still quiet enough to be able to enjoy a nice conversation. We go here several times a year and always have a great experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime grillOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2014Having experienced most of Mazzones restaurant's, I would have expected the menu to have a bigger entrée selection.... Only disappointment.
- Very overpriced!!! At leastemptywalletDined on 1/11/2014Very overpriced!!! At least they could include a salad with the tiny steak portion! Service was fine but a tad rushed. Staff was friendly but dinner was definitely not worth the price.
- Mazzone never disappointsaglowDined on 1/3/2014We love Mazzone restaurants: Aperitivo and Tala. Went to Prime for son's 27th b-day and to check out the venue for his upcoming wedding. He, his fiancee, 20 y.o brother and us, parents, all had a great time. We mostly stuck to small plates, no steaks (but, i am am sure, they are awesome). I could not help but sample the French dishes: fois gras, onion soup, creme brulee - all were outstanding. "Kids" raved about specialty burgers and desserts. The bread basket was fantastic. Our very friendly waitress Sheena fit like a glove, since my kids and she found common grounds as hard core Phish-heads. I would have liked more of a choice of non-alcoholic drinks (they had regular ice tea and lemonade) - flavored teas, "virgin" fruity cocktails etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidChrisDined on 12/31/2013Very solid restaurant but a step below Angelo's other places (i.e. 677 Prime, Prime at Saratoga National).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve DinnerstargazerVIPDined on 12/31/20134 different Main Entrees were all very good. Everything is A la Carte and the sides were a bit pricey and only ok, also sides not hot. My Filet was very good but need to go back to try the Brick Chicken that my friend said was excellent.Special Features:
- Friendly service can b too annoyingRogerKDined on 12/21/2013While we enjoyed our food, drink and atmosphere, the constant return of our server and a busboy to ask if they could remove items from our small table for two, became very annoying after the third time. Easily, six or more intrusions is well beyond the norm. If management is encouraging this, they should reconsider.I would recommend this to a friend.