Angelo's 677 Prime
Albany, NY 12207Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Angelo's 677 Prime
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.677prime.com/
- Phone: 5184277463x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ken Kehn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our second floor features three private event gathering rooms including state-of-the-art AV equipment. Our 677 Room seats up to 32 people on its own, or up to 80 when combined with our popular Prime Room (which seats up to 48 people); and our conference style Boardroom seats 20. All are perfect for your next business meeting or celebration. All rooms feature state-of-the-art technical equipment including high definition plasma TV and powerful stereo sound system. For business meetings we set pads, pencils, pitchers of ice water and glasses for each guest.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Birbilis-Brough 5184277463x
A word from Angelo's 677 Prime
Angelo's 677 Prime is an upscale steakhouse located on Broadway and Clinton Avenue. The entrance of the restaurant welcomes you with a beautiful cherry wine cabinet and gorgeous tile flooring which progresses through to the bar area. Hardwood floors, plush leather chairs and cherry walls draw you into the stylish dining room where you will enjoy a menu filled with fabulous steaks, the freshest seafood and luscious desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Angelo's 677 Prime - Best Restaurants in Albany ›
Angelo's 677 Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (120)romantic (68)notable wine list (68)fit for foodies (58)good for groups (37)hot spot (36)great for lunch (24)vibrant bar scene (23)neighborhood gem (23)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Our waitstaff, Lea, was exceptional. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary done rightigotchalkDined on 9/15/2014The staff and kitchen went far and above expectations...they even created a special watermelon salad (not on the menu) on request for my wife, which was exceptional. All aspects of the meal were perfect and helped create a memorable meal.Special Features:
- Great place for a special occasionSaratogianDined on 9/15/2014Took my wife there for her Birthday, we had the Porterhouse for 2, lots of great food, we even had leftovers for the next day. The menu is on the high end and is ala carte so dinner for 2 will be between $100 to $150 but we feel it is worth itSpecial Features:
- Top Albany RestaurantDaveQDined on 9/15/2014Best food we have had at any Albany area restaurant. Impeccable service. Class atmosphere. Steaks are awesome, but some nice surprises throughout the menu. When they tell you the deserts are big enough to share, believe them - they are huge and delicious. Be prepared $ - everything a la carte, but you get what you pay for. Become an Angelo's Preferred member and earn rewards at all of the Mazzone restaurants.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Very good service. Quick. Great food.great drinks.romantic setting. Quiet. Peaceful. Friendly staff. Beautiful food presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab Cake Dip to Die For!ConnieDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our evening but this is not our favorite Mazzone property. Food was outstanding, but too much to choose from that looks good. Portions are a good size. The crab cake dip was wonderful. Could go there for just that and a salad. Steak was tender and came cooked to order. Service was very good, but at times there may have been too many stops to find out how we were doing - oddly enough. It is pricey. Of course, we will go again, but not as frequently as the other properties.Special Features:
- Celebration dinnerNikkid4206Dined on 9/8/2014Every item that we tasted was delicious. The appetizers were brought out quickly and the pork hips were steaming hot. Our entrees were delicious and the dessert were massive and very moist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeFoodfanVIPDined on 9/8/2014Jeffery rocks one of the best waiters we have ever encountered.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in AlbanyGlennie21Dined on 9/5/2014Love 677 Prime. It is my favorite place to go for dinner or a special lunch. Food is always first rate. For lunch the sandwiches and salads are innovate and tasty. My last lunch visit, I had the chop salad with salmon and it was pretty to look at and very tasty.Dinner menu is pricey but worth every penny. In my experience, service has always been outstanding, even when the restaurant is busy. Would note that although the noise level is quiet at lunch time, the music is loud at dinner time. Parking is a bit disorganized at lunch time and the hostess stopped at our table several times looking for drivers whose cars had to me moved. Valet parking available at night.Special Features:
- 677PVIPDined on 9/3/2014We had a great dining experience as usual. Thank you so much. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan comes to AlbanyPac1093Dined on 8/30/2014We always enjoy a special night out having dinner at Angela's. The best service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceSchefDined on 8/29/2014Outstanding appetizers, excellent steak, the Titanic dessert is a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Excellent service, excellent food. Pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerMikeBAlbanyDined on 8/26/2014You Must Order Seafood Tower... Best seafood in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We like 677 but reserve it for special occasions as there are so few upscale restaurants in the area. We had a party of 6 for our wedding anniversary. The appetisers were all good but some variable main courses. My husbands steak was not as good as it should have been. My filet was overlooked on the outside but the inside was delicious. We ordered one dessert which could easily feed the whole table ( monkey included) but sadly did not live up to expectations. Overall better than average BUT should be exceptional. It was extraordinarily busy for a Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible SeatingJKNCDined on 8/25/2014We sat at a table for two up top and were constantly distracted and interrupted by people whizzing by every 5 seconds. One of my biggest pet peeves is when the waiter repeatedly asks if the food is okay. That night, we were asked a total of 5 times. Overall, the food was fine, but the experience detracted from the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect nightMommaNoCookDined on 8/25/2014Took 8 family members here for a birthday celebration. The piano bar was amazing and made the evening so relaxing. Food was, as always, amazing. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but lacking in one areaAC729Dined on 8/25/2014I had long wanted to go to Lobster night so on Monday 8/25 I attended the final one for the season. 677 is a very classy atmosphere and the service was excellent. My only issue is portion size. For the price one would expect good size portions but that was no the case here. I left the restaurant still hungry and that is not a good sign. The appetizer in particular was especially small. One would hope to get the value for the expense of the meal so the portion size definatly needs to be beefed up.Special Features:
- Extra bonusOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014If you have a Lexus, you get free parking and a free dessert. All the desserts are humungeous. The chocolate cake was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed experienceNortheast7Dined on 8/22/2014Very good food. High prices, mostly worth it. Accommodating to special diet. Disappointing service put a damper on an otherwise lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!SariVIPDined on 8/20/2014As always, Angelo's did not disappoint. We go here whenever we are in the Albany area. They have a phenomenal dish on the menu called "Bacon and Eggs". We are obsessed with this dish. It is an apple braised pork belly served with truffled grits, an apple/parsley salad and an over easy egg on top. My husband keeps saying he is going to order 2 of those next time, however once we get there, he can't help ordering the cowboy rib-eye which is always amazing! My son adores the sublime Lobster Bisque and they made a special Chicken Parm for him although it was not on the menu. Keep it up Angelo's!Special Features:
- Not impressedAndyDined on 8/20/2014For a business dinner Angelo's is probably perfect. For a night out to celebrate an anniversary with your wife, not so much. The waiter immediately profiled us and even commented about the fact we were drinking beer as opposed to wine. This, combined with the fact there were only two of us seemed to mean we only deserved the most basic attention and then only if it was while travelling to one of the other, more important tables. We waited over twenty minutes for drinks when we ordered them at the begining of the meal and then sat looking at an empty, cleared table for another twenty five minutes at the end of the meal before the waiter stopped back to see if we wanted anything else. Oh, and the "I assume you want tap water"..Special Features:
- Never fails to impressAnnevelDined on 8/20/2014677 Prime has set the highest dining standards and never fails to live up to them. I almost always get the filet. I like it crispy on the outside and rare in the middle. It is ALWAYS perfect. The appetizers and accompanying sides are tasty and well prepared. Ingredients are always spot on. Oysters are perfectly chilled and briny. Flawless food and service at upscale prices. Drinks are expertly made, wine list is comprehensive. It is always a treat to eat here.Special Features:
- Great food, extensive wine listFoodandwinegourmetVIPDined on 8/19/2014Clearly a special occasion restaurant - consistently good food and many good ( but often expensive) choices for wine. I often look for good wines that might not be the most common varietal or region that are better priced though and I would expect more than 5 California Merlots at a restaurant known for meat especially when it has so many napa cabs ( most of which are good but pricey ) Food was great but Thai soup was too spicey and the kick was not mentioned on menu or when orderingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDocMillerDined on 8/16/2014Food was excellent. It took long to get the food but it was worth the wait. Definitely a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I ENJOYED our 8 year Anniversary at 677 Prime. The food and staff were by far the best I have ever experienced. The steaks were so tender and flavorful which can be attributed to a prime cut of beef along with an amazing chef. I also highly recommend the lobster mashed potatoes as a side. They were so creamy with large pieces of lobster meat folded in. I cannot wait to dine there again.Special Features:
- Special Anniversary DinnerMoreyumyumsDined on 8/14/2014We recently enjoyed dining at 677 Prime to celebrate our anniversary. We arrived 20 minutes early and were still able to be seated immediately. When the reservation was made online I had made note that it was our anniversary and a more private table or booth would be appreciated. The restaurant reserved a nice booth, and we were greeted with a thoughtful note of congratulations for our special occasion. The server was friendly and made competent recommendations for both our meals and wine. The steaks and side dishes were very well prepared, and the cheesecake dessert was truly a special treat! I am very pleased to say that both of us left sated and already looking forward to the next opportunity to dine at Angelo's 677 Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in a small townNotWestportDined on 8/14/2014Excellent food. Interior, while perfectly new, clean and acceptable, could have used a bit more style, creativity and panache--the hand of a good architect would bring it together even better. The out-door dining was really only good for waiting for your table to be ready--small tables, bar-ish scene, and too close to parked cars. Again, an architect would have done something more creative. Other high-end restaurants throughout the country (Miami, South Beach, Southport Connecticut, Beverly Hills, etc.) pay as much attention to interiors as the food. Not true in Albany. But the food experience was exemplary. Setting still parochial Albany.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic place!!SteakhouserantDined on 8/13/2014Sensational food and setting. My go-to for business dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable evening!ACK1995Dined on 8/13/2014This was our first time dining at 677 Prime and it met all of our expectations, in every way! The piano player/singer was marvelous, adding to the lovely atmosphere. Our waiter was extremely helpful but didn't hover over us. He did help us select a nice wine from the very long list. We shared the chili lobster to begin our meal, delicious. We each ordered a different salad and were happy. For our entrees, we covered everything from 2 different filets to salmon to the rack of lamb special, all cooked perfectly. We shared lobster mashed potatoes, creamy and decadent. Not that anyone had room for dessert but we ended our meal with the cookie cart. A variety of fresh, warm cookies with a pot of melted chocolate for dipping. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster NightmjonisDined on 8/11/2014We attended the 677 on Lobster Night. The $40 dinner included an appetizer, entree (1-1/4 lb whole lobster), and dessert. Service was very fast this time and the food was prepared exquisitely.
- See and Be SeenBobbyVIPDined on 8/11/2014The nicest thing about 677 are the cars parked out front. BMW, Cadillac, Jaguar, and Porsche. Remember that this is a steakhouse. We went for a Monday-night-in-August lobster fest. We walked over from our state offices. The lobster offerings were good, but we've had better, and the service was good, but we've been better attended at lower-profile restaurants. If this was a "get you in the door to evaluate it" kind of event, it failed. We liked it but certainly didn't love it. We sat by the front windows looking over the patio smokers and the driveway, while the darker interior of the place enveloped those offered the opportunity to enter the sanctum. Oh it's nice, alright, but we receive more attention and comparable meals on Pearl Street.Special Features:
- NiskyfamilyDined on 8/9/2014Great food. It never fails. Service is always wonderful. No music this evening though.Special Features:
- Dining 8/9/14SoloPeteDined on 8/9/2014Food was great, service was top notch. I've spent my share of time and $ at NYC restaurants so I am well seasoned in great dining. Prime's prices are just way over the top.Special Features:
- Tasting menuNiskyfamilyDined on 7/30/2014Our family of 5 visited specifically for the interesting tasting menu items. This did not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobster feastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2014It was a excellent evening. our waiter was jeff and he was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the Best-Cannot be beat!JWeisbrodVIPDined on 7/22/2014Went to Boston for my birthday weekend and ate at Ruth's Chris, Grill 23, and Del Frisco's. All of these top notch steak houses delivered as expected - perfect steaks and excellent service. On our way home, we passed through Albany to stop at Angelo's 677 Prime for dinner. Without question, this was the best meal of my birthday weekend. For a restaurant of this extreme quality, Opentable is going to need to add a 6th star in the ratings. My wife and I have been to Angelo's dozens of times and it always delivers a perfect experience. Great wines, superb steaks and seafood, unique side dishes, perfect 5-star service, and attentive management complete the list. If you are near Albany, NY, do not miss this spot!!!Special Features:
- 677-PerfectSupersitzDined on 7/19/2014We had another fantastic dining experience.Our servers were great and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- 677 reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Right off paid 5 dollars for valet parking to park my car right in front of restaurant. The menu selection was not as diverse as expected especially with Al a carte selections such as 11 dollars for peas and onions as side vegetables.
- mrm1Dined on 7/18/2014Wonderful food and outstanding service. Good variety on the menu. Enjoyed the live piano music as well.Special Features: