Angelo's 677 Prime
Albany, NY 12207Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Angelo's 677 Prime
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.677prime.com/
- Phone: 5184277463x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ken Kehn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our second floor features three private event gathering rooms including state-of-the-art AV equipment. Our 677 Room seats up to 32 people on its own, or up to 80 when combined with our popular Prime Room (which seats up to 48 people); and our conference style Boardroom seats 20. All are perfect for your next business meeting or celebration. All rooms feature state-of-the-art technical equipment including high definition plasma TV and powerful stereo sound system. For business meetings we set pads, pencils, pitchers of ice water and glasses for each guest.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Birbilis-Brough 5184277463x
A word from Angelo's 677 Prime
Angelo's 677 Prime is an upscale steakhouse located on Broadway and Clinton Avenue. The entrance of the restaurant welcomes you with a beautiful cherry wine cabinet and gorgeous tile flooring which progresses through to the bar area. Hardwood floors, plush leather chairs and cherry walls draw you into the stylish dining room where you will enjoy a menu filled with fabulous steaks, the freshest seafood and luscious desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Angelo's 677 Prime - Best Restaurants in Albany ›
Angelo's 677 Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (133)romantic (84)notable wine list (83)fit for foodies (80)good for groups (47)hot spot (39)great for lunch (30)vibrant bar scene (29)neighborhood gem (29)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- 40th anniversaryElderEphDined on 10/11/2014Had a wonderful meal in a great setting to celebrate our special anniversary. We were most impressed with the great variety of menu offerings. And we certainly ordered more than our share! We have nothing but positives for the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbPodalariusDined on 10/11/2014We went here for our 10th anniversary and every aspect of our dining experience was fantastic. If you are seeking the absolute perfect place for a special occasion this would be it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Perfect in Every WayJWeisbrodVIPDined on 10/11/2014Eating at Angelo's on a regular basis has set a standard for excellence in dining that we find hard to beat. Perfectly prepared food is only the beginning of what is not simply a great meal but is a true dining culinary experience. Every dish from appetizer to dessert is carefully planned and created to be a visual and flavorful delight. The seafood is spectacular and the steaks cannot be beat anywhere or anytime. Attentive to your every whim, servers will routinely ask the kitchen to alter any dish to your desires. Stop in for a lunch treat or go for dinner and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Angelo's 677 PrimeKarinDined on 10/10/2014Our favorite steakhouse has been Ruth's Chris, but I have to admit that Angelo's was better! We loved it! Service, food, ambiance, all excellent. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Now that my daughter is going to college in the Albany area, we will be back! Worth the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love seabornMoffDined on 10/10/2014Your sommelier is absolutely amazing and made our experience memorable! this is the best restaurant in Albany Ny and I can't wait to go back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night SpecialjaniepeanutVIPDined on 10/10/2014The four of us went planning on partaking of the $112.00 Special Dinner for Two available on Fridays only through the end of November. Yes, we ordered two glasses ot wine (total) and a couple of Cokes, but by the time we got our bills, they were closer to $170/couple - food was excellent and we were not unhappy - just surprised at the total tab (exclusive of gratuity).Special Features:
- Never a bad mealStephenDined on 10/10/2014I've never had a bad meal. The service is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Fantastic service and food! Great place to go for a special night out or just a simple fancy meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 677 PrimeSBA312Dined on 10/7/2014677 Prime in Albany NY never disappoints. The best steaks I have ever been served are served here. It is without a doubt our favorite place to enjoy a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy experienceNothappy123Dined on 10/3/2014The experience was horrible. We had to send our steak back to cook longer. Our waitress forgot our glass of wine, and offered no compensation. Our female waitress was not very accomodating. For the money that we spend and the experience we had, we probably won't go back. We use to go there for special occasions, but this time has spoiled any return!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014We picked this for our 14th wedding anniversary. It was our 1st visit. Everything was fabulous.Special Features:
- Great SteakhouseJf1070depotDined on 9/27/2014The food is great and the portions are huge. We've been to Angelo's many times during visits to Albany and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food and ServiceHappyCoupleDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time at Angelo's 677 and it will not be our last. Our steaks were perfectly cooked and the sides were to die for. Especially the delicotta squash. Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerdinner4twoDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I had dinner at 677 Prime last weekend for our anniversary. Everything was great from the bartenders to the food. Our waiter and other servers were extremely professional and perfect in their timing without being pushy. Our meal was fantastic and although you could spend a fortune here if you want, our bill (drinks, appetizer, sides, 2 entrees) was very reasonable. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tlongDined on 9/26/2014Angelo does a solid job at all of his venues. Dependable food service and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!HappycoupleDined on 9/24/2014We had heard many good things about 677 and had been anxious to try it out. We finally decided to do our birthday celebration dinner here and couldn't have chosen better. The food was incredible and the wait staff friendly and accommodating. It is the first someone got the well done steak right besides me at home. We are already talking about going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious anniversary dinneramandaDined on 9/23/2014We can always count on a great experience at Prime 677 which is why we come only here for special occasions. There isn't another restaurant in Albany that can compare, we've tried them all. The sea bass was the best piece of fish I have ever had in my life, it melted in my mouth and I didn't want it to end. Where else can you go to get buttery bone marrow with Escargo and fois gras on top of my husband's perfectly cooked steak? Excellent service. Worth every penny. Only wish the piano player was there on a Tuesday night.Special Features:
- Expectations Were Set Too HighJonathanDined on 9/20/2014My girlfriend and I came here for our one year anniversary. Our table was ready for our reservation, however we felt slightly underdressed. This is mostly because "smart casual" is a fairly ambiguous term. Our server was extremely polite; however, he came to our table rarely. The restaurant was busy, but it was not a full house. We found ourselves often waiting on our server when we were ready to place our orders. I requested to have my steak prepared medium. It was made medium rare. Despite this fact, the steak was delicious. Although, when I am paying $32 for a single steak and no sides, I would like for my food to be cooked to my order. Overall, we had nice experience; but I would recommend to not set your expectations as high as I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerSupersitzDined on 9/20/2014When ever we dine here i get the Oysters and Kobe A5 Prime steak and they never disappoint us.Our waiter was outstanding with his knowledge of each kind of oyster we had.My steak was cooked to perfect!We'll be back soonSpecial Features:
- 677PVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a great dining experience overall, as we usually do at 677. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CNJimenezDined on 9/20/2014Celebrating son's 13th birthday; staff went above and beyond for the special occasion. Food was outstanding; desserts HUGE. Went home with a few doggie bags. Will definitely be back again soon!Special Features:
- Amazing as always!PrimeDined on 9/17/2014We had the most delicious meal! The service was impeccable. Ralphie was on point and made everything just to our liking, I will Most certainly go for the service alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Our waitstaff, Lea, was exceptional. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary done rightigotchalkDined on 9/15/2014The staff and kitchen went far and above expectations...they even created a special watermelon salad (not on the menu) on request for my wife, which was exceptional. All aspects of the meal were perfect and helped create a memorable meal.Special Features:
- Great place for a special occasionSaratogianDined on 9/15/2014Took my wife there for her Birthday, we had the Porterhouse for 2, lots of great food, we even had leftovers for the next day. The menu is on the high end and is ala carte so dinner for 2 will be between $100 to $150 but we feel it is worth itSpecial Features:
- Top Albany RestaurantDaveQDined on 9/15/2014Best food we have had at any Albany area restaurant. Impeccable service. Class atmosphere. Steaks are awesome, but some nice surprises throughout the menu. When they tell you the deserts are big enough to share, believe them - they are huge and delicious. Be prepared $ - everything a la carte, but you get what you pay for. Become an Angelo's Preferred member and earn rewards at all of the Mazzone restaurants.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Very good service. Quick. Great food.great drinks.romantic setting. Quiet. Peaceful. Friendly staff. Beautiful food presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab Cake Dip to Die For!ConnieDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our evening but this is not our favorite Mazzone property. Food was outstanding, but too much to choose from that looks good. Portions are a good size. The crab cake dip was wonderful. Could go there for just that and a salad. Steak was tender and came cooked to order. Service was very good, but at times there may have been too many stops to find out how we were doing - oddly enough. It is pricey. Of course, we will go again, but not as frequently as the other properties.Special Features:
- Celebration dinnerNikkid4206Dined on 9/8/2014Every item that we tasted was delicious. The appetizers were brought out quickly and the pork hips were steaming hot. Our entrees were delicious and the dessert were massive and very moist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeFoodfanVIPDined on 9/8/2014Jeffery rocks one of the best waiters we have ever encountered.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in AlbanyGlennie21Dined on 9/5/2014Love 677 Prime. It is my favorite place to go for dinner or a special lunch. Food is always first rate. For lunch the sandwiches and salads are innovate and tasty. My last lunch visit, I had the chop salad with salmon and it was pretty to look at and very tasty.Dinner menu is pricey but worth every penny. In my experience, service has always been outstanding, even when the restaurant is busy. Would note that although the noise level is quiet at lunch time, the music is loud at dinner time. Parking is a bit disorganized at lunch time and the hostess stopped at our table several times looking for drivers whose cars had to me moved. Valet parking available at night.Special Features:
- 677PVIPDined on 9/3/2014We had a great dining experience as usual. Thank you so much. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan comes to AlbanyPac1093Dined on 8/30/2014We always enjoy a special night out having dinner at Angela's. The best service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceSchefDined on 8/29/2014Outstanding appetizers, excellent steak, the Titanic dessert is a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Excellent service, excellent food. Pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerMikeBAlbanyDined on 8/26/2014You Must Order Seafood Tower... Best seafood in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We like 677 but reserve it for special occasions as there are so few upscale restaurants in the area. We had a party of 6 for our wedding anniversary. The appetisers were all good but some variable main courses. My husbands steak was not as good as it should have been. My filet was overlooked on the outside but the inside was delicious. We ordered one dessert which could easily feed the whole table ( monkey included) but sadly did not live up to expectations. Overall better than average BUT should be exceptional. It was extraordinarily busy for a Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible SeatingJKNCDined on 8/25/2014We sat at a table for two up top and were constantly distracted and interrupted by people whizzing by every 5 seconds. One of my biggest pet peeves is when the waiter repeatedly asks if the food is okay. That night, we were asked a total of 5 times. Overall, the food was fine, but the experience detracted from the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect nightMommaNoCookDined on 8/25/2014Took 8 family members here for a birthday celebration. The piano bar was amazing and made the evening so relaxing. Food was, as always, amazing. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but lacking in one areaAC729Dined on 8/25/2014I had long wanted to go to Lobster night so on Monday 8/25 I attended the final one for the season. 677 is a very classy atmosphere and the service was excellent. My only issue is portion size. For the price one would expect good size portions but that was no the case here. I left the restaurant still hungry and that is not a good sign. The appetizer in particular was especially small. One would hope to get the value for the expense of the meal so the portion size definatly needs to be beefed up.Special Features: