Angelo's 677 Prime
Albany, NY 12207Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Angelo's 677 Prime
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.677prime.com/
- Phone: (518) 427-7463
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ken Kehn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our second floor features three private event gathering rooms including state-of-the-art AV equipment. Our 677 Room seats up to 32 people on its own, or up to 80 when combined with our popular Prime Room (which seats up to 48 people); and our conference style Boardroom seats 20. All are perfect for your next business meeting or celebration. All rooms feature state-of-the-art technical equipment including high definition plasma TV and powerful stereo sound system. For business meetings we set pads, pencils, pitchers of ice water and glasses for each guest.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Birbilis-Brough 5184277463x
A word from Angelo's 677 Prime
Angelo's 677 Prime is an upscale steakhouse located on Broadway and Clinton Avenue. The entrance of the restaurant welcomes you with a beautiful cherry wine cabinet and gorgeous tile flooring which progresses through to the bar area. Hardwood floors, plush leather chairs and cherry walls draw you into the stylish dining room where you will enjoy a menu filled with fabulous steaks, the freshest seafood and luscious desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Angelo's 677 Prime - Best Restaurants in Albany ›
Angelo's 677 Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (118)romantic (83)fit for foodies (79)notable wine list (77)good for groups (46)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (28)great for lunch (27)neighborhood gem (27)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great Service,Not So Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2014The servers and staff are very attentive and professional. My ratings are generally poor because the main focus should be the food. My wife and i were looking forward to an outstanding steak dinner. We had been there before and had a great meal. Not this time.Although our steaks were perfectly cooked, they were dry and tough to chew. Very disappointed.
- Mazzone's Best!DbwishDined on 11/21/2014From the easy to read light up menus to the attentive staff and superb food, 677 is always the best in capital district dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bustling in AlbanyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/15/2014Angelo's 677 was great. The food was terrific, the atmosphere electric, and the bar scene was busy. The only drawback was that our reservation was for 8:00pm and we were not seated at our table until 8:30pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dineoutalotDined on 11/8/2014prime doesn't serve prime anymore! felt rushed...food just not as good as it use to beSpecial Features:
- THE Spot in the CapitalMoboDined on 11/8/2014Angelo's is perhaps the best steak house in the USA and it is certainly THE spot in Albany NY. Terrific menu, excellent service and outstanding atmosphere and vibe.Special Features:
- One of our favorite restaurants!KarenDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I love everything about Prime! We've always been so happy with everything we've ordered that I can't even say I have a favorite meal. If you are looking for a place to go to celebrate a special occasion, this is your place - You won't be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014For the first time ever we had less than desirable service. Our beverages went unattended throughout the meal. Food was excellent though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place in albanyGromitDined on 11/6/2014If your in the capital need to eat good this is the placeSpecial Features:
- Never DisappointsRocksDined on 11/6/2014This is my 'go-to' restaurant for a special occasion as it never disappoints and I know I will impress anyone that I take or be comfortably pampered by great food for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Phyllis RaymondOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/5/2014This restaurant is excellent. The food is superb and delicious. You can always be assured of good food at the Prime. Never have I or my friends been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in Albany11111MAVIPDined on 10/30/2014You can't go wrong with this Steakhouse. You should consider Prime in Saratoga Springs as well. Lovely evening with my wife for her birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Service Far Outweighs the FoodsashaDined on 10/29/2014It was disappointing to pay such a large amount for dinner ($350. for four, no drinks)and have just a little better than average food. Some items brought to table cold (sides) and fish was very flavorful, but not heated. Service was wonderful, servers attitudes were very good. The live music was also good.
- Wonderful food, a bit noisyFoodisanexperienceDined on 10/23/2014Angelo 677 is the place to go for a special occasion. The food is excellent as is the service. It is an expensive restaurant, and at times the noise level makes conversation a bit difficult. Our suggestion for solving the later is to come when it is not full. We highly recommend the porter house for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014This was one of the best meals I have ever had! Pricey, but definitely worth the money!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Our first time ever at 677 Prime , it was for our 30th wedding anniversary, we loved it ,great food and the waiter was excellent and very helpful with the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Everything was amazing!! Had a great meal and a wonderful time!Special Features:
- Delicious!MVBNYDined on 10/17/2014The food was delicious and the service was excellent! They had entertainment at the piano in the bar area, which was an added bonus! We were going to The Palace Theatre for a show after dinner and it all worked out wonderfully!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for sea food lovers.ScornoDined on 10/17/2014We often visit this restaurant and the thing that makes me happy all the time is the fact that sea food is always fresh there!! Oysters are always fresh and big, crab meat is perfectly cooked and mussels are outstanding!! We would always order something from the raw bar, because you can never go wrong with it in Angelo's! Totally recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th anniversaryElderEphDined on 10/11/2014Had a wonderful meal in a great setting to celebrate our special anniversary. We were most impressed with the great variety of menu offerings. And we certainly ordered more than our share! We have nothing but positives for the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbPodalariusDined on 10/11/2014We went here for our 10th anniversary and every aspect of our dining experience was fantastic. If you are seeking the absolute perfect place for a special occasion this would be it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Perfect in Every WayJWeisbrodVIPDined on 10/11/2014Eating at Angelo's on a regular basis has set a standard for excellence in dining that we find hard to beat. Perfectly prepared food is only the beginning of what is not simply a great meal but is a true dining culinary experience. Every dish from appetizer to dessert is carefully planned and created to be a visual and flavorful delight. The seafood is spectacular and the steaks cannot be beat anywhere or anytime. Attentive to your every whim, servers will routinely ask the kitchen to alter any dish to your desires. Stop in for a lunch treat or go for dinner and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Angelo's 677 PrimeKarinDined on 10/10/2014Our favorite steakhouse has been Ruth's Chris, but I have to admit that Angelo's was better! We loved it! Service, food, ambiance, all excellent. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Now that my daughter is going to college in the Albany area, we will be back! Worth the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love seabornMoffDined on 10/10/2014Your sommelier is absolutely amazing and made our experience memorable! this is the best restaurant in Albany Ny and I can't wait to go back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night SpecialjaniepeanutVIPDined on 10/10/2014The four of us went planning on partaking of the $112.00 Special Dinner for Two available on Fridays only through the end of November. Yes, we ordered two glasses ot wine (total) and a couple of Cokes, but by the time we got our bills, they were closer to $170/couple - food was excellent and we were not unhappy - just surprised at the total tab (exclusive of gratuity).Special Features:
- Never a bad mealStephenDined on 10/10/2014I've never had a bad meal. The service is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014My wife and I were passing through on our way to Niagra Falls recently and we spent the night in Albany. The dinner we had at Angelo's was by far the highlight of all of the food and restaurants during our trip. We would recommend to anyone going through Albany to eat here. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Fantastic service and food! Great place to go for a special night out or just a simple fancy meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 677 PrimeSBA312Dined on 10/7/2014677 Prime in Albany NY never disappoints. The best steaks I have ever been served are served here. It is without a doubt our favorite place to enjoy a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy experienceNothappy123Dined on 10/3/2014The experience was horrible. We had to send our steak back to cook longer. Our waitress forgot our glass of wine, and offered no compensation. Our female waitress was not very accomodating. For the money that we spend and the experience we had, we probably won't go back. We use to go there for special occasions, but this time has spoiled any return!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014We picked this for our 14th wedding anniversary. It was our 1st visit. Everything was fabulous.Special Features:
- Great SteakhouseJf1070depotDined on 9/27/2014The food is great and the portions are huge. We've been to Angelo's many times during visits to Albany and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food and ServiceHappyCoupleDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time at Angelo's 677 and it will not be our last. Our steaks were perfectly cooked and the sides were to die for. Especially the delicotta squash. Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerdinner4twoDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I had dinner at 677 Prime last weekend for our anniversary. Everything was great from the bartenders to the food. Our waiter and other servers were extremely professional and perfect in their timing without being pushy. Our meal was fantastic and although you could spend a fortune here if you want, our bill (drinks, appetizer, sides, 2 entrees) was very reasonable. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tlongDined on 9/26/2014Angelo does a solid job at all of his venues. Dependable food service and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!HappycoupleDined on 9/24/2014We had heard many good things about 677 and had been anxious to try it out. We finally decided to do our birthday celebration dinner here and couldn't have chosen better. The food was incredible and the wait staff friendly and accommodating. It is the first someone got the well done steak right besides me at home. We are already talking about going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious anniversary dinneramandaDined on 9/23/2014We can always count on a great experience at Prime 677 which is why we come only here for special occasions. There isn't another restaurant in Albany that can compare, we've tried them all. The sea bass was the best piece of fish I have ever had in my life, it melted in my mouth and I didn't want it to end. Where else can you go to get buttery bone marrow with Escargo and fois gras on top of my husband's perfectly cooked steak? Excellent service. Worth every penny. Only wish the piano player was there on a Tuesday night.Special Features:
- Expectations Were Set Too HighJonathanDined on 9/20/2014My girlfriend and I came here for our one year anniversary. Our table was ready for our reservation, however we felt slightly underdressed. This is mostly because "smart casual" is a fairly ambiguous term. Our server was extremely polite; however, he came to our table rarely. The restaurant was busy, but it was not a full house. We found ourselves often waiting on our server when we were ready to place our orders. I requested to have my steak prepared medium. It was made medium rare. Despite this fact, the steak was delicious. Although, when I am paying $32 for a single steak and no sides, I would like for my food to be cooked to my order. Overall, we had nice experience; but I would recommend to not set your expectations as high as I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerSupersitzDined on 9/20/2014When ever we dine here i get the Oysters and Kobe A5 Prime steak and they never disappoint us.Our waiter was outstanding with his knowledge of each kind of oyster we had.My steak was cooked to perfect!We'll be back soonSpecial Features:
- 677PVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a great dining experience overall, as we usually do at 677. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CNJimenezDined on 9/20/2014Celebrating son's 13th birthday; staff went above and beyond for the special occasion. Food was outstanding; desserts HUGE. Went home with a few doggie bags. Will definitely be back again soon!Special Features: