Angelo's 677 Prime
Albany, NY 12207Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Angelo's 677 Prime
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.677prime.com/
- Phone: 5184277463x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ken Kehn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our second floor features three private event gathering rooms including state-of-the-art AV equipment. Our 677 Room seats up to 32 people on its own, or up to 80 when combined with our popular Prime Room (which seats up to 48 people); and our conference style Boardroom seats 20. All are perfect for your next business meeting or celebration. All rooms feature state-of-the-art technical equipment including high definition plasma TV and powerful stereo sound system. For business meetings we set pads, pencils, pitchers of ice water and glasses for each guest.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Birbilis-Brough 5184277463x
A word from Angelo's 677 Prime
Angelo's 677 Prime is an upscale steakhouse located on Broadway and Clinton Avenue. The entrance of the restaurant welcomes you with a beautiful cherry wine cabinet and gorgeous tile flooring which progresses through to the bar area. Hardwood floors, plush leather chairs and cherry walls draw you into the stylish dining room where you will enjoy a menu filled with fabulous steaks, the freshest seafood and luscious desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Angelo's 677 Prime - Best Restaurants in Albany ›
Angelo's 677 Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)notable wine list (64)romantic (60)fit for foodies (53)good for groups (35)hot spot (34)great for lunch (23)vibrant bar scene (21)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Outstanding appetizers, excellent steak, the Titanic dessert is a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Excellent service, excellent food. Pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014You Must Order Seafood Tower... Best seafood in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We like 677 but reserve it for special occasions as there are so few upscale restaurants in the area. We had a party of 6 for our wedding anniversary. The appetisers were all good but some variable main courses. My husbands steak was not as good as it should have been. My filet was overlooked on the outside but the inside was delicious. We ordered one dessert which could easily feed the whole table ( monkey included) but sadly did not live up to expectations. Overall better than average BUT should be exceptional. It was extraordinarily busy for a Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible SeatingJKNCDined on 8/25/2014We sat at a table for two up top and were constantly distracted and interrupted by people whizzing by every 5 seconds. One of my biggest pet peeves is when the waiter repeatedly asks if the food is okay. That night, we were asked a total of 5 times. Overall, the food was fine, but the experience detracted from the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Took 8 family members here for a birthday celebration. The piano bar was amazing and made the evening so relaxing. Food was, as always, amazing. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but lacking in one areaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I had long wanted to go to Lobster night so on Monday 8/25 I attended the final one for the season. 677 is a very classy atmosphere and the service was excellent. My only issue is portion size. For the price one would expect good size portions but that was no the case here. I left the restaurant still hungry and that is not a good sign. The appetizer in particular was especially small. One would hope to get the value for the expense of the meal so the portion size definatly needs to be beefed up.Special Features:
- Mixed experienceNortheast7Dined on 8/22/2014Very good food. High prices, mostly worth it. Accommodating to special diet. Disappointing service put a damper on an otherwise lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!SariVIPDined on 8/20/2014As always, Angelo's did not disappoint. We go here whenever we are in the Albany area. They have a phenomenal dish on the menu called "Bacon and Eggs". We are obsessed with this dish. It is an apple braised pork belly served with truffled grits, an apple/parsley salad and an over easy egg on top. My husband keeps saying he is going to order 2 of those next time, however once we get there, he can't help ordering the cowboy rib-eye which is always amazing! My son adores the sublime Lobster Bisque and they made a special Chicken Parm for him although it was not on the menu. Keep it up Angelo's!Special Features:
- Not impressedAndyDined on 8/20/2014For a business dinner Angelo's is probably perfect. For a night out to celebrate an anniversary with your wife, not so much. The waiter immediately profiled us and even commented about the fact we were drinking beer as opposed to wine. This, combined with the fact there were only two of us seemed to mean we only deserved the most basic attention and then only if it was while travelling to one of the other, more important tables. We waited over twenty minutes for drinks when we ordered them at the begining of the meal and then sat looking at an empty, cleared table for another twenty five minutes at the end of the meal before the waiter stopped back to see if we wanted anything else. Oh, and the "I assume you want tap water"..Special Features:
- Never fails to impressAnnevelDined on 8/20/2014677 Prime has set the highest dining standards and never fails to live up to them. I almost always get the filet. I like it crispy on the outside and rare in the middle. It is ALWAYS perfect. The appetizers and accompanying sides are tasty and well prepared. Ingredients are always spot on. Oysters are perfectly chilled and briny. Flawless food and service at upscale prices. Drinks are expertly made, wine list is comprehensive. It is always a treat to eat here.Special Features:
- Great food, extensive wine listFoodandwinegourmetVIPDined on 8/19/2014Clearly a special occasion restaurant - consistently good food and many good ( but often expensive) choices for wine. I often look for good wines that might not be the most common varietal or region that are better priced though and I would expect more than 5 California Merlots at a restaurant known for meat especially when it has so many napa cabs ( most of which are good but pricey ) Food was great but Thai soup was too spicey and the kick was not mentioned on menu or when orderingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDocMillerDined on 8/16/2014Food was excellent. It took long to get the food but it was worth the wait. Definitely a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I ENJOYED our 8 year Anniversary at 677 Prime. The food and staff were by far the best I have ever experienced. The steaks were so tender and flavorful which can be attributed to a prime cut of beef along with an amazing chef. I also highly recommend the lobster mashed potatoes as a side. They were so creamy with large pieces of lobster meat folded in. I cannot wait to dine there again.Special Features:
- Special Anniversary DinnerMoreyumyumsDined on 8/14/2014We recently enjoyed dining at 677 Prime to celebrate our anniversary. We arrived 20 minutes early and were still able to be seated immediately. When the reservation was made online I had made note that it was our anniversary and a more private table or booth would be appreciated. The restaurant reserved a nice booth, and we were greeted with a thoughtful note of congratulations for our special occasion. The server was friendly and made competent recommendations for both our meals and wine. The steaks and side dishes were very well prepared, and the cheesecake dessert was truly a special treat! I am very pleased to say that both of us left sated and already looking forward to the next opportunity to dine at Angelo's 677 Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in a small townNotWestportDined on 8/14/2014Excellent food. Interior, while perfectly new, clean and acceptable, could have used a bit more style, creativity and panache--the hand of a good architect would bring it together even better. The out-door dining was really only good for waiting for your table to be ready--small tables, bar-ish scene, and too close to parked cars. Again, an architect would have done something more creative. Other high-end restaurants throughout the country (Miami, South Beach, Southport Connecticut, Beverly Hills, etc.) pay as much attention to interiors as the food. Not true in Albany. But the food experience was exemplary. Setting still parochial Albany.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic place!!SteakhouserantDined on 8/13/2014Sensational food and setting. My go-to for business dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable evening!ACK1995Dined on 8/13/2014This was our first time dining at 677 Prime and it met all of our expectations, in every way! The piano player/singer was marvelous, adding to the lovely atmosphere. Our waiter was extremely helpful but didn't hover over us. He did help us select a nice wine from the very long list. We shared the chili lobster to begin our meal, delicious. We each ordered a different salad and were happy. For our entrees, we covered everything from 2 different filets to salmon to the rack of lamb special, all cooked perfectly. We shared lobster mashed potatoes, creamy and decadent. Not that anyone had room for dessert but we ended our meal with the cookie cart. A variety of fresh, warm cookies with a pot of melted chocolate for dipping. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster NightmjonisDined on 8/11/2014We attended the 677 on Lobster Night. The $40 dinner included an appetizer, entree (1-1/4 lb whole lobster), and dessert. Service was very fast this time and the food was prepared exquisitely.
- See and Be SeenBobbyVIPDined on 8/11/2014The nicest thing about 677 are the cars parked out front. BMW, Cadillac, Jaguar, and Porsche. Remember that this is a steakhouse. We went for a Monday-night-in-August lobster fest. We walked over from our state offices. The lobster offerings were good, but we've had better, and the service was good, but we've been better attended at lower-profile restaurants. If this was a "get you in the door to evaluate it" kind of event, it failed. We liked it but certainly didn't love it. We sat by the front windows looking over the patio smokers and the driveway, while the darker interior of the place enveloped those offered the opportunity to enter the sanctum. Oh it's nice, alright, but we receive more attention and comparable meals on Pearl Street.Special Features:
- NiskyfamilyDined on 8/9/2014Great food. It never fails. Service is always wonderful. No music this evening though.Special Features:
- Dining 8/9/14SoloPeteDined on 8/9/2014Food was great, service was top notch. I've spent my share of time and $ at NYC restaurants so I am well seasoned in great dining. Prime's prices are just way over the top.Special Features:
- Tasting menuNiskyfamilyDined on 7/30/2014Our family of 5 visited specifically for the interesting tasting menu items. This did not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobster feastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2014It was a excellent evening. our waiter was jeff and he was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the Best-Cannot be beat!JWeisbrodVIPDined on 7/22/2014Went to Boston for my birthday weekend and ate at Ruth's Chris, Grill 23, and Del Frisco's. All of these top notch steak houses delivered as expected - perfect steaks and excellent service. On our way home, we passed through Albany to stop at Angelo's 677 Prime for dinner. Without question, this was the best meal of my birthday weekend. For a restaurant of this extreme quality, Opentable is going to need to add a 6th star in the ratings. My wife and I have been to Angelo's dozens of times and it always delivers a perfect experience. Great wines, superb steaks and seafood, unique side dishes, perfect 5-star service, and attentive management complete the list. If you are near Albany, NY, do not miss this spot!!!Special Features:
- 677-PerfectSupersitzDined on 7/19/2014We had another fantastic dining experience.Our servers were great and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- 677 reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Right off paid 5 dollars for valet parking to park my car right in front of restaurant. The menu selection was not as diverse as expected especially with Al a carte selections such as 11 dollars for peas and onions as side vegetables.
- mrm1Dined on 7/18/2014Wonderful food and outstanding service. Good variety on the menu. Enjoyed the live piano music as well.Special Features:
- Excellent!!LynneDined on 7/18/2014Always a pleasure! Best happy hour in Albany especially since it lasts until 7:00 p.m. Dinner items are pricey but always good quality. Waitstaff is very attentive and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceYumyumVIPDined on 7/18/2014Although Prime is expensive, the food was absolutely amazing. The sea bass melted in my mouth and the delmonico was cooked to perfection. I think for special occasions, Prime is a must visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best waiter!FoodloverDined on 7/17/2014Food, drink, service was wonderful! We found this restaurant by accident and so happy we did. I will make it a point to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in townSeinfeldDined on 7/16/2014You can't beat the service and the quality of the food. Worth every penny.Special Features:
- Exzellent Steak ExperienceJosefDined on 7/15/2014great meet and very well prepared. And also delicious dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchbusinesslunchDined on 7/15/2014We made a reservation for a party of five for a business lunch... The food was very good as was the service... However, in order to have discussions we had to ask a number of times (at least 4) to have the music turned down... It would be low for a little while, but then go up again... Also, one person realized he was getting dripped on from the air conditioning unit... and needed to move where he was sitting... There was a stain on the ceiling tile, so this was obviously not the first time that water was present... I would, however, go to your restaurant again... but you can work on these couple of things...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality All AroundMelicious1Dined on 7/14/2014The food was very good and worthy of the price. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the service was attentive without being obsequious. My only complaint is that the menu is a little overwhelming - it seemed that there were more starters than entrees. However, loved the fact that the high tech menu lights up when it is opened. I brought a client to the restaurant while travelling to Albany and was proud of the choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday Evening Lobster DealjaniepeanutDined on 7/14/2014Two of the four of us ordered the Monday Evening three course Lobster Deal - $40.00 - it was outstanding!! The food i s always consistent and special - we never get tired of 677 Prime!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/14/2014Went for special occasion, service was wonderful. We had tuna tartar, filet and sea bass-all delicious. My main complaint is the tacky presentation of some dishes. Tuna tartar is served over a fish bowl with a live fish swimming around and our dessert was served in a shopping cart which was placed on our table. Strange for an otherwise classy place!Special Features:
- RandRDined on 7/8/2014Good food but very pricey. Steak was cooked perfect. Not sure about value for other items we ordered that wasn't steak. Appetizers were expensive and portions were small. Liquor Drinks were very overpriced. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Companionable lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014I have lunch here 10-12 times a year. It is great to have a relaxing conversation with friends or for business. My favorite is the prime burger, tasty, prepared as requested and low carb without a bun or fries!Special Features:
- Great place to start a our eveningPaulandMarylouDined on 7/5/2014We selected Prime 677 ahead of Saturday night's Paul McCartney show at the Times Union Center. Needless to say neither Angelo or Paul were a disappointment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.