999 West Main Street
Boise, ID 83702Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.angellsbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 2083424900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, On Friday and Saturday Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: John Laib
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: From small, intimate events to large group lunches or dinners. Angell's will provide top-notch service to any catering need.
- Private Party Facilities: Our banquet room seats up to 60 for sit-down dinners. There is availability to rent the entire facility (inside and out) for private events of up to 300.
- Private Party Contact: Angell 208-342-4900
A word from Angell's
Since 1981 Angell's Bar and Grill has been a standard-bearer for upscale restaurants in Boise. Specializing in hand-cut steaks, fresh seafood, pastas and gourmet salads, Angell's has delivered a great dining experience for over 28 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Angell's reviews from OpenTable diners
- My wife and I went for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/20/2013My wife and I went for our anniversary. We enjoyed some amazing brie to start off with, and the steak, cheese, and potato soup was awesome. My wife had some great prime rib (much better than what she ate at a popular steak chain restaurant a few weeks ago), and I had Seafood Irene, which was really good (shrimb, scallops, and fish in a dill sauce), but probably not as good as the prime rib (I just got a little tired of it towards the end, partially because I had pigged out on brie and soup). Also, the service was great - we felt like we were given space but not forgotten.Special Features:
- Wonder, superb meal! ThankOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2013Wonder, superb meal! Thank you Angell's--Micky and all your fabulous staff for many wonderful years of great food and fun! You all will truly be missed greatly!Special Features:
- ALWAYS A LUNCH FAVORITE, BUTPennyVIPDined on 12/27/2012ALWAYS A LUNCH FAVORITE, BUT REGRET ALWAYS THAT THERE IS NO ESPRESSO OFFERED... WE ALWAYS HAVE TO GO ELSEWHERE AFTER LUNCHING A ANGELL'S TO HAVE OUR BISCOTTI AND ESPRESSO.... HOPEFULLY IN THE NEW YEAR, THAT SITUATION WILL IMPROVE..Special Features:
- Thank you for a great ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2012Thank you for a great Christmas Eve dinner. Food was delicious and great overall experience.Special Features:
- We have always enjoyed goingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2012We have always enjoyed going to Angell's and this visit was no exception. The food was excellent, Matt, our server was superb. He was attentive and very personable which added to the evening. Wonderful food choices and an excellent wine list.Special Features:
- It was our first time here.BobbyDined on 12/7/2012It was our first time here. Good but my wife's vegetables were luke warm (she had the filet mignon). Portions were small also compared to other like restaurants. We might try it again.Special Features:
- A wonderful meal in downtown Boise!JandRVIPDined on 11/26/2012Angell's always delivers a great meal with wonderful service. There are many interesting meal choices, all seem very good, but we couldn't try them all. Dessert, the chocolate bomb! was incredible. Thanks for making our special evening even better!Special Features:
- Wonderful!!Jan021VIPDined on 11/2/2012Excellent food, service and ambience. Boise has several first-class restaurants, Angell's is one!Special Features:
- The restaurant was dark.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2012The restaurant was dark. The cocktails were horribly. The food was overpriced and pedestrian. We could have eaten at Chili's and had a better meal, better drinks, and better service in a more enjoyable environment. Will never go back.
- Food was great, however itBkrateDined on 10/25/2012Food was great, however it took forever to get our meals. I would understand if they were busy...
- I've been to Angel's severalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012I've been to Angel's several times and have never been disappointed. They are a little pricey if you just want a dinner out, but when you go it's well worth the cost. My guests and I usually average $45.00 to $55.00 each with drinks and a desert. However, the drinks are good and the wine list is good. Everyone was helpful and friendly. I've never had a bad dinner or experience there.Special Features:
- ￼￼My grandma and I were lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2012￼￼My grandma and I were looking forward to trying Angell's again after several years of not going back because of the poor food. I made the reservation on OpenTable for 6:00pm on Saturday the 13th. The food has improved tremendously, but the service and staff were terrible. We knew that we were in trouble when we asked for lemon for our water and the waitress informed us that she was our "food server" and not our "cocktail server" and that we should ask the cocktail server for that sort of thing. During the course of the meal we were asked 4 times if we were ready to have our meals boxed up all within about 15 minutes of starting our entrees. When we asked the gentlemen why he kept asking us if we were ready he stated "turning tables"Special Features:
- Good Food and Service But ---DiogenesVIPDined on 10/4/2012This is an attractive downtown Boise restaurant. My husband had a chorizo and shrimp wellington that was interesting but he didn’t like the chorizo, our son had the prime rib, which he liked and I had the chicken savoy which was good except for the sauce. Our server, Ryan, was very attentive. We had made reservations through Open Table, which we usually do when travelling, and two days after our visit Open Table emailed me that we were “no shows” according to the restaurant. I responded to Open Table with specifics and in addition, called the restaurant and spoke to the manager. The next day the matter was cleared up but it never should have happened.
- A Great Business Lunch DestinationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2012One of the best business lunch destinations in Boise. The outdoor patio is also the best in Boise. Great for a special romantic night out or meeting friends in the bar after work. A Boise institution that should not be lost in the sea of newer places. This visit was a business lunch. Soup and the famous Cantonese Chicken Salad.Special Features:
- The atmosphere on the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2012The atmosphere on the patio was very nice. The water fountains were lovely and made for a relaxing lunch. However, the service was slow. We didn't get some of the items we asked for the first time & had to request them again. The Philly sandwiches were very dry with no sauce. The chicken was overcooked and dry. We did like the coconut shrimp & dipping sauce...but they were a little pricey at $2.75 EACH.
- Gorgeous patio! Went withlisaoDined on 8/2/2012Gorgeous patio! Went with old friends great everything. Live music good just made conversation challenging.Special Features:
- Terrific service, marvelousOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/27/2012Terrific service, marvelous food, wonderful patio. Could not be better!Special Features:
- Once again we had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/11/2012Once again we had a wonderful meal, excellent service, and a most enjoyable time eating on their patio on a lovely Friday evening. Okay, we needed our jackets, but it was sunny and felt good to be on their inviting patio at last.Special Features:
- We pretty much had the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2012We pretty much had the restaurant to ourselves, we really enjoyed our meal and the staff was attentive without being intrusive. This is a great place to dine on special occasions, but prices are a little high for every day dinners.Special Features:
- We'll definitely dine here againOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2012A little pricey but excellent food and service. The staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- We had a delicious meal madeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/4/2012We had a delicious meal made more enjoyable by terrific service. Rachal is friendly, professional, and goes the extra mile to provide a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Service was great and PamOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2012Service was great and Pam is the best in this town!Special Features:
- I found a new favorite! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2012I found a new favorite! The Blackened Salmon Salad is fantastic!Special Features:
- Another great dinner at Angell's!summerdiningVIPDined on 3/3/2012My husband and I recently re-visited Angell's, which was a Boise restaurant we had reserved for special occasions many years ago. On a Saturday night when many restaurants were full or had an hour wait, Angell's happily accomodated us in a secluded booth with curtains dangling at the sides, a classy touch. It had been several years since we had visited, but we were pleased to see the menu, while updated and refined, still contained many favorites, including Prime Rib, Lamb Chops, and many interesting cocktails. Our efficient servers between waitstaff, wine stewards and busboy, were charming, not intrusive, and added to our overall experience. The food was yummy and beautifully presented - we had a lovely evening and we'll be back!Special Features:
- The food and service was excellant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/9/2012The food and service was excellant. We had a group of 7 and we were seated in the wine room which was an excellant spot to visit and get to know our out of town business guests. The service was attentive without being obtrusive and everyones food was excellant.Special Features:
- Perhaps it was an off-nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/3/2012Perhaps it was an off-night but Angell's didn't impress as it has in the past. The food was not up to par.
- I always enjoy dining at Angell's.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/16/2011I always enjoy dining at Angell's. The Cantonese chicken salad has to be the best salad in town!Special Features:
- Nice =)OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2011My family and I had a good time at Angell's. However, where we were seated was a bit odd, because it was at the very back of the restaurant, and I had requested somewhere lively and nice. The restaurant was also very slow and pretty empty for a Saturday night. And, overall the food was okay.Special Features:
- My husband and I both hadOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/30/2011My husband and I both had the filet Mignon. It was exquisite, as were the accompanying vegetables. The service was top-notch, which is always the case at Angell's.Special Features:
- I don't eat here often, maybeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2011I don't eat here often, maybe four times a year. The food and service is usually pretty good, but not so this time. Dry prime rib sandwich, cold restaurant, and really bad service (insufficient staffing) were the problems. I have had good experiences at dinner and this was a lunch visit. If this had been my first visit, there wouldn't be a second, but I know they can do better.
- Angell's was okay, but I thinkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2011Angell's was okay, but I think you can find comparable food at half the price elsewhere. Service was good. Ambiance was good, though it felt like the folks at the table next to use were sitting at our same table...Special Features:
- As always the food was excellent,TracyDined on 7/31/2011As always the food was excellent, and although the service has always been good, this time it was nothing short of exceptional.
- Had an amazing time!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2011Went there for dinner with the family and decided to sit outside. It was a very nice evening. patio seating was very good, and there was even a water fountain. Food was very tasty and not too over priced. I personally ordered the Savannah, which was a Dinner salad, it had plenty of different typed of seafood with a light salad.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2011The food was outstanding and Angell's graciously credited the cost of a dessert that did not satisfy one of the guests in the our party. Cocktails were delightful, appetizers were wonderful, en tree's were sumptuous and desserts were sensational. All in the party agreed that a return would definitely be in order! Thank you to Angell's for a lovely evening!Special Features:
- A nice surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/29/2011This was our first time at Angels. We ordered scallops and chicken savoy. Both were excellent. The chicken was juicy and flavorful, and the scallops were delicious. The service was very attentive, and since it was our anniversary they gave us our dessert for free. We will definitely be back to Angels.Special Features:
- Great for entertaining clientsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2011This was a business dinner and they were great in accommodating my request for a table that offered some privacy. The menu was more extensive than I had anticipated, the food was tasty and the service excellent. The wine list offered a nice variety.Special Features:
- Had an excellent ribeye steak,drmemoryVIPDined on 1/21/2011Had an excellent ribeye steak, nicely seasoned, temp as ordered. Wine list is not extensive, but expertly selected with many good choices at varying price points.Special Features:
- If you are looking for someplaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/13/2010If you are looking for someplace to have an excellent meal at a moderate price, you should definitly have Angell's on your list. The wait staff is friendly, if a little inattentive. Don't expect to be able to read the menu, though: it is really dark and the typeface was light. The table next to us was quite boisterous, so it got a little loud at times. Overall, however, it was a good experience.Special Features:
- We had a lovely dinner andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/29/2010We had a lovely dinner and great service. Will recommend Angell's to our friends and will definitely return!Special Features:
- My wife and I enjoyed a romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2010My wife and I enjoyed a romantic evening out on the town and it all started at Angell's, she tasted some wine, I tried some different beers and we both had delicious dinners. Great service, plenty of private seats to choose from with water features outdoors or private nooks indoors. I would highly suggest this restaurant as one of Boise's best.Special Features: